View Full Version : Gtl Sucks!!!!

bsbrwneydgrl
05-13-2008, 02:54 AM
I just wanted to vent... i haven't talked to my hubby in like 3 months cuz he's been in reception. So he finally gets mainlined, 7 hours away, and im waiting for him to call. no call. i find out fro his mom i gotta unblock my phone. simple right? WRONG. i have comcast for my phone and they tell me to set up a prepay account with the prisons phone co. then i call like three different onetrying to find out that its GTL. I cant call them until monday. its monday and i call. They inform mr that no information comes up when i give them my number so i have to fax them a copy of my phone bill but my bill doesn'thave my number on it so i have to go to comcast and get a printot showing proof of address and name for that numbr. i do that Then they tell me it will be another three to five days before they can unblock it. AARRGGHH!!!!:angry::angry::angry::angry:

valleyviewed
05-15-2008, 09:00 PM
I have to use GTL and so far I haven't had a single problem. I also have Comcast as my phone provider. I have trouble with CBS! Those people should be behhind bars not my boy.
Valleyviewed--

TiffanyFL
06-07-2008, 07:02 PM
I'm kinda confused as to why you are upset with GTL, I understand the frustration of NOT being able to recieve a phone call but if 1) your information, ie your phone number, name and address doesn't show up when its entered into the system or 2) the phone number and address information shows up but not in your name. In order for them to create an account for you they need this information so that they can establish an account in your name. If they were to just set the account up then, and there was a balance due on the account then you would need to pay those charges before you can recieve calls. Its really a measure to protect you from paying someone else's bill and to make sure that its YOU and not someone else attempting to establish the account.

And when you think about it 3-5 business days is nothing when it comes to making sure that you don't have to pay SOME ONE ELSE'S BILL!

But that is just my two cents. :)