View Full Version : Do you dress up for visitation?

TXDoll3
05-12-2008, 01:50 PM
When you go see your husband/boyfriend do you dress up or just wear whatever?

I am lucky enough to be able to see my Baby every weekend, so most of the time I dress up or nice. But there are those days when i just don't feel like it so I don't. He does not care though - as long as I am there!

Random_1
05-12-2008, 01:53 PM
The one time I got to visit him, I was in the middle of a road-trip, so no, no dressing up! He didn't care. I keep thinking of what I'll do for when he is released, you know like putting extra effort into looking nice or if I'll just look like any other day.

LADYCEE
05-12-2008, 02:07 PM
On most visits I dress up. sometime my dress is in my jeans and tims or some heels either way he is happy :)

kneljson
05-12-2008, 02:34 PM
I would have to say that I dress nice, but I don't dress up. Nice pair of capris, and a nice shirt and that is it.

superdreamATM
05-12-2008, 02:41 PM
I had my first prison visit a couple days ago. I wore some new jeans that were not every sexy, but they were high waisted and that made my booty look bigger and waist smaller.. so in his eyes HeLL yEaH! he thought i looked fine. I was just trying to dress "normal" though. ha ha

PTO-92958
05-12-2008, 02:46 PM
Almost always...99%. I think I wore jeans maybe twice, out of way too many visits to count.

Waiting4MyLuv
05-12-2008, 03:06 PM
I NEVER dress up. I wear jeans a tees. It's how he's always seen me and how he knows me. If I walked in all dressed up, he'd probably think I lost my mind. I sent him pics from Easter (I was wearing a dress) and he about flipped out. He was all like, "who is this woman and what did you do with my girl?"

lilmomma517
05-12-2008, 05:18 PM
I am so glad that you psoted this... I am going to see my boyfriend on Sunday, and there are so many rules it seems in Maryland as to what is allowed and what is not, that I have no idea what to wear. So ladies, once again-- Thank God for PTO!!! :yay::yay::yay:

d-v-o-n
05-12-2008, 05:22 PM
I'm always on point when I go to visit him. I wear form fitting cloths...be it business casual or jeans and a cute baby-doll shirt. I wear makeup and I make sure my locs are looking fresh. I usually see him twice a month...and I make sure that I'm representing all that is his. ;)

my-T-sad
05-12-2008, 05:49 PM
when I roll up in there I make sure there is nothing that I could do to improve my look. My best.... thats all I have to give him.

gerrodswife
05-12-2008, 05:51 PM
I wouldnt call it dressing up. I wear my best jeans, and a cute tee shirt. I always make sure my hair is fixed nice, and make up on. He only sees me twice a month, I want him to have somthing nice to look at!!! :D

Shelsonme
05-12-2008, 05:59 PM
I never did dress up, always looked nice, but in a low key way. Knowing me I'd be greased up, lips shining, jeans painted on, breasts propped up as much as the BOP would allow in some semi-stripper heels and get up to walk to a vending machine and fall flat on my face or *ss. I admire the women who can do it all ;).

jaelsangel
05-12-2008, 07:53 PM
well i was llokin a hot mess until he got to min security, becuse there was to much dresin and undressin at that damn nsp, but not
i look cute when i go, he doesnt care what i wear really, buti try to spice it up for him a bit....

Live2luvhim
05-12-2008, 08:07 PM
The one time i did get to go see my husband i did dress up nice.. He loved it! He did tell me that when he is released he wants me dressed in something very, very sexy. I told him not a problem :D

Jillian
05-12-2008, 08:16 PM
i always look neat but i don't dress up to go see him, i wear some jeans and a nice shirt. our little one is always dressed her best as well. He is just happy when we come see him.

silvergirl0007
05-12-2008, 11:07 PM
I wear jeans and a teeshirt with sneakers. When he was home I basically lived in PJs. He doesn't care and wouldn't want me to do anything else that would make it like I'm doing something special out of the ordinary. I'm just... me.

frontlinelady
05-12-2008, 11:49 PM
If you get tired of Tshirts and jeans remember to go Classy and Not Trashy. You don't get all the junk when you dress modestly and with great style and taste. I wore a Linen Skirt and Jacket this last week and it did not draw unnessary attention because it was very modest and classy. I am learning what they will let us wear in and I use it to my advantage. I want my sweetheart to know that I am dressing for him and only him. I am not ashamed to be neat and nice.

holdinghimdown
05-13-2008, 12:34 AM
I dress up...i look sometimes like i am going to the club...heels, make-up, accessories, you name it...if the shirt is too low cut i wear a shirt under it...to finish the look with out showing to much...i feel like i am going to the prom every visit...i want my hair and makeup flawless...thats my baby, ya dig...plus he always wants to take pics...even though we have run out of poses;)

LuckyCharm107
05-13-2008, 02:07 AM
HAHA I do the same thing!
my babe said I dress up a lil too much that I should be bumming it sometimes..I can't help it, I only get to see him once in a while and I like to look good for him.

I dress up...i look sometimes like i am going to the club...heels, make-up, accessories, you name it...if the shirt is too low cut i wear a shirt under it...to finish the look with out showing to much...i feel like i am going to the prom every visit...i want my hair and makeup flawless...thats my baby, ya dig...plus he always wants to take pics...even though we have run out of poses;)

LollieTheCat
05-13-2008, 05:03 AM
I always make an effort to look good for him when i go, wich isnt very often.
I want him to think about what he is missing while he is there and maybe he wont go back!
I usually wear jeans, but to me that is dressing up because i coordinate my shoes, shirt and accessories so i look really cute. I also put on makeup that i would not normally wear.
I know he appreciates it because when he writes me after a visit he will say something like "you looked like and angel the other day". Feels good.:)

sari868
05-13-2008, 07:43 AM
i've answered a lot of these types of questions but i'm happy to answer them again...

i dress as sexy & classy as i can without breaking any rules (i don't own a single piece of trashy clothing...when i try jeans on i make sure i don't have a muffin top or anything, if i even have a little i won't buy them). my man didn't have anything to do in there all day....i wanted to dress up just for him. plus he knows how much i pay attention to fashion anyway. i've read stories about women dressing sexy wanting attention...yeah, well, my self-esteem is higher than that. i only want attention from my man, i could really give a rat's a** about the other people in there.

visiting is such a perk for him......i wanted to make each visit as special as possible for him. and for me, that includes dressing up (but i strongly emphasize NOT breaking any rules....i would never want anyone to drive hours and get sent home)

by the way, a little tip....dressing sexy doesn't necessarily mean exposing a lot of your body. i was SO NERVOUS my first visit i made sure i didn't wear anything revealing, but the top i chose made my chest look bigger and my waist look smaller...kind of left more to the imagination, and my man thought about it for the rest of the day. look for those types of clothes if you worry as much as i do :)

SexyChef1
05-13-2008, 09:34 AM
I love dressing when I go to see him...Im a shoe freak and I love high heels the one time I came up in there in jeans and tee and flats...he threw a FIT...ive got him spoiled...wait til he gets home and see's me in my hoodie,jeans and chucks...lawd have mercy.

LadyBaby
05-13-2008, 09:50 AM
My guy is totally into fashion and so am I, so I ALWAYS dress up when I go to see him. It's a bit of a shame, but I have not wore the same outfit up there in a whole year:D, I buy something new every week to wear there just for him! It causes a problem sometimes though, because other people there that are into fashion come up to me each week and say..."Hey, I like your hair, shoes, dress, skirt, suit, jacket, pants, outfit, earrings, necklace, bracelet..." or something like that. Sometimes they say, "Hey, you have never wore anything twice!" Then it goes into, "Where did you get this, that and the other.?.." which makes my guy mad because these questions call for conversation, and he DOES NOT like me conversing with ANYONE up there. He just wants me to say "thank you" and keep it moving. This causes people to think I have an attitude, or that he is controlling me because I can't have conversations. He always says, "put it on me, tell them that your man doesn't like you talkin' to people". It's a real trip, but I understand where he is coming from. Our visits are special moments that we like to share between us only. I don't come there to make friends and convo (as much as I like to talk:)). I come to see and enjoy him.:love:

lil'amaya
05-13-2008, 11:17 AM
i usually dress up to see my man.. i like to look for him. But he doesn't care. I try not to over do it cause he doesn't like even other guys look at me. As long as I am there, i don't think he cares.

1Luv4Him
05-13-2008, 11:30 AM
hell i NEVER go up there lookin a mess :) :) i make sure i'm on top of things, and i look as classy as possible, with a sexy touch here and there... no need to show lotsa skin, just form fitting clothes do the trick. my fave outfit is a high-waisted pencil skirt with a nice black dress shirt tucked into it, and a pair of heels. i make sure my hair looks good, my make up is applied in the right way and i do my nails and all... it gives me that extra bit of confidence, and i know he loves to see me all dolled up. at the end of the day, it's only about you and your man at the visit, and clothing shouldn't interfere w/ that! just keep it classy and you'll be fine! :) over here we can wear pretty much anything we like at visitation, so there's lotsa girls that be coming up dressed like strippers but hey... different strokes for different folks i guess, i just wouldn't like to put myself out there like that, no way.

When in Rome
05-13-2008, 11:44 AM
Just like you - it all depends on how I feel. Though, my dressing up isn't really dressing up, I just put on some earrings lol.

Isla-Monroe
05-13-2008, 03:59 PM
I dress up everywhere I go, and prison is no exception. That's how I've always been and he knows it. I'm a real girlie girl:thumbsup:

Foreverhis31907
05-13-2008, 04:04 PM
When you go see your husband/boyfriend do you dress up or just wear whatever?

I only get to visit my hubby the day before he is released. Cus he is 3 hours away and I have to rent a car. I am lucky that his release dates have usualy fall on a Mon so I go up the day before and I visit him that Sunday. With all the dress codes I don't dress up I just go with what is the safes thing to wear. He doesn't care what I wear I could wear sweats for all he cares he is just happy to see me!:)

ariesandtaurus
05-13-2008, 04:10 PM
Most is nice jeans a nice top hair done perfectly straight (i get it done) he loves the way I put my makeup on, some perfume, and nice shoes... hardly in sneakers.
I wear skirts but in the summer but not that often or just capris...sometimes i wear dress pants ... but he rather me be comfy...

superdreamATM
05-13-2008, 04:16 PM
I love what D-V-O-N said... that she's representing all that he is! AMEN !
You would not believe the pride in my heart after my first visit and he said he bragged to all the other guys that he had the finest lady in the visiting room.. and they said hell yeah man!! Made me feel good and I know it made him feel 10 stories tall!! It made me feel like he gained some kind of acceptance from the other inmates..cause he's got a clean, decent, fine woman with a nice booty. ha ha!

meeganv
05-13-2008, 04:21 PM
I wear jeans because that's me. But I wear a nice top, usually one that shows a little cleavage. He likes a little cleavage. Mind you, most regular t-shirts display cleavage on me, I'm pretty well stacked, showing cleavage is not really an option for me, it just happens...unless I'm in a turtleneck! But I try to wear nice shirts, and do my hair and makeup. I don't see him often and he likes looking at me. :)

krainium
05-13-2008, 07:24 PM
I don't dress up but I keep my hair and make up tight and my jeans are shirt are always fresh. I see some ladies come in there with everything hanging out. I know my husband would have a problem with that also.

d-v-o-n
05-13-2008, 08:32 PM
I love what D-V-O-N said... that she's representing all that he is! AMEN !
You would not believe the pride in my heart after my first visit and he said he bragged to all the other guys that he had the finest lady in the visiting room.. and they said hell yeah man!! Made me feel good and I know it made him feel 10 stories tall!! It made me feel like he gained some kind of acceptance from the other inmates..cause he's got a clean, decent, fine woman with a nice booty. ha ha!

Whoo whoo whooooooo! Thats what's up!!! Daryl is known for having the fliest chick in the visiting room...with the best ass! He ain't getting mad and i ain't getting mad...cuz we ALL know who the ass belongs to ;) That's why I go up there looking my best...classy AND sexy...and I'm always holding his hand, I'm always looking into his eyes and I try my best to smile and laugh with him the whole time. (although we have had our tiffs)...cuz not only am I'm sexy to him and others who see me...they also see my love for him.

**raising roof** :D