View Full Version : Mississippi Summer Packages

trailrider731
05-10-2008, 07:40 PM
hay , just a little heads up, DCF is doing a summer package, I recieved the form from my son this week, Are the other facilites participating?

GOD BLESS our GUYS/WOmen

Mrs.Glamma
05-10-2008, 10:09 PM
SMCI got theirs this week also. Mr.H doesn't want one so he has not sent it yet but will ask him to so I can post the info.

ahannah1561
05-10-2008, 10:27 PM
Parchman is doing theres too.. all of mississippi can be bought on the internet here is the website.. www.mississippipackages.com (http://www.mississippipackages.com) but you cant start buying till may 12th last day to buy is june 25th... thought this might help....

staminaK
05-12-2008, 06:29 AM
Orders can be placed online starting May 12 until June 25. Packages ship to the facilities between May 26 and July 11.

chickletone
05-12-2008, 12:32 PM
:)I can't get anything but the logo to come up! There's no way to get into the catalog HELP! lol
Okay must of been a blonde moment I can see or should say can get in now?! thanks!

Waiting4MyLuv
05-12-2008, 02:01 PM
I'll have to start bugging the facility about packages earlier this time. They couldn't decide whether they could get them or not at Christmas. Everyone finally gave up. Maybe we'll have better luck this time around.

zanzan
05-12-2008, 08:57 PM
Hi everyone! Just wondering how this works. I have a pen pal on DR in Parchman. Is this the kind of thing where only one person can send a package? (I wouldn't want to deprive a close family member of sending one.) Does anyone know if DR is eligible to receive the packages?
Thanks. :)

Mrs.Glamma
05-12-2008, 09:24 PM
Hi everyone! Just wondering how this works. I have a pen pal on DR in Parchman. Is this the kind of thing where only one person can send a package? (I wouldn't want to deprive a close family member of sending one.) Does anyone know if DR is eligible to receive the packages?
Thanks. :)

Hi Zanzan,
What a nice thought. He is not eligible.
Inmates must be A, B or Open C custody to receive packages.

zanzan
05-13-2008, 12:43 AM
I saw that, but sometimes it seems like Parchman forgets people on DR when they're mentioning classification and stuff. (Like on their web site, when they talk about visitation and classification, etc.) so I thought maybe it was just an oversight and someone might have some personal experience. Ah, well. Thanks for the quick response. :)

PTO-29412
05-15-2008, 11:58 AM
ZanZan, he can receive books or magazine subscriptions

AllLockedUp
05-19-2008, 10:59 AM
I got an email from the company last week, since I did it online at Christmas. But he has been moved to Leake County regional Correctional. And guess what? They aren't allowing them to recieve packages. I think it sucks, to say the least.

I-Care
05-20-2008, 07:45 AM
Does Leake Co. have A& B Custody??? I know you have tobe A or B custody to receive these boxes. If so please email Commissioner Epps. It may not help this time but it MAY help by time for Christmas Box time.

Does anyone know if ANY of the prisons that are not the 3 State facilities receive the boxes??
Central Mississippi Correctional Facility
Mississippi State Penitentiary
South Mississippi Correctional Institution

Mrs.Glamma
05-20-2008, 11:25 PM
Twenty facilities are listed, including Leake county Correctional Facility.

Inmates must be A, B or Open C to receive packages.

I-Care
05-21-2008, 06:24 AM
Thanks Glamma.. CMCF did not get last summer's boxes and MDOC was upset when they found out. They said it is a big money maker for them.

ALL Locked Up.. Please let me know if he is A, B or open C classification and if all of Leake Co. is being left off the Summer Boxes as soon as possible.
MAYBE we can check on this. We will try.

Waiting4MyLuv
05-22-2008, 01:05 PM
Just because a facility is listed doesn't mean they are allowing packages. Holmes Humphreys doesn't allow them. They didn't at Christmas, either.

Mrs.Glamma
05-22-2008, 08:10 PM
Thanks Ralphs_Girl.
So sorry to hear that.

I-Care
05-23-2008, 07:47 AM
I emailed some one with MDOC who may be able to answer this for us. I listed two facilities that we know of that are on the MDOC web site as being able to receive them and cannot get them. I listed Leake Co & Holmes Humphrey. I may not get a reply back but at least trying too. A meeting I attended with MDOC we were told these are money makers for MDOC and they SEEMED to WANT the facilities to all do this. I will keep you posted if I hear anything.
It may not help for the Summer boxes but it MAY by Christmas. As we all know they can just say "NO" but they need to change the web site information. Hoping to hear something positive....

I-Care
05-24-2008, 09:11 AM
This is not what we wanted to hear but basically MDOC says it is not in their hands it is up to the facility.. So there goes that...Sorry, we tried... What a SHAME!!!

AllLockedUp
05-26-2008, 10:52 PM
He's in B Custody. He has asked, and they said no. With no reason given for why they aren't allowing them. Thank you so much for going to the trouble I-Care. Maybe at Christmas.

Waiting4MyLuv
05-28-2008, 12:19 PM
I was told HHRCF isn't allowing them because it's not fair to the inmates whose family can't afford packages. Since when was life fair? Since when was a prison run like an elementary school? Not everyone can afford to make canteen, but that doesn't stop them from letting everyone that can. Ugh! So annoying.

I-Care
05-29-2008, 05:56 AM
What LOGIC!!! Sorry to read this..

redhaired_dolly
06-02-2008, 02:45 PM
Wow. I wish they'd do this in Texas. I should see if my friend would like anything.

Muggles
06-18-2008, 02:04 PM
For the first time, Death Row in Parchman was permitted Christmas packages in Christmas 2007. Much to my surprise and delight, Summer Packages are permitted to Death Row. All orders must be in by June 25th for July delivery. There is one package permitted per person. The online order form is handy, however, I couldn't get into the catalogue either. I do have the order form, however.

lilcountrynhog
05-14-2010, 12:30 AM
Parchman is doing theres too.. all of mississippi can be bought on the internet here is the website.. www.mississippipackages.com (http://www.mississippipackages.com) but you cant start buying till may 12th last day to buy is june 25th... thought this might help....

u r my savior...lol he rattled off the site and inever got the chance 2 write it down...thanx a million.:D