View Full Version : Phone service in Kaufman? - Texas County Jail

MissingTexas
04-29-2008, 07:17 PM
I have an account set up with correctional billing while my boyfriend was in Maryland- Kaufman will be picking him up on a warrant soon- Does anyone happen to know what their phone usage policy is or what collect call service they use?

I'd like to get as much set up as soon as possible so I can know he's ok!

Thanks!

RobinsMan
04-30-2008, 10:26 AM
I don't know the answer and hopefully someone that does will be along soon. You may end up having to call the Kaufman County Sheriff's Office (http://kaufmanso.com/). Phone number is 972-932-4337. There is a Contacts page on the web site that has some phone numbers for the detention center but probably whoever answers the phone at the sheriff's office can switch you over there as well. Good luck.

ccsmom
04-30-2008, 02:34 PM
When my daughter was there they used Evercon. You might want to give them a call to set up an amount for collection calls.

RobinsMan
04-30-2008, 05:45 PM
Good to see you dropping in again ccsmom.

MelissaTx
05-01-2008, 01:04 AM
Alot of the county jails around this area (east Tx) are now selling calling cards on commissary. I know Liberty co and Nac. Co do for sure.

retired-37
09-13-2008, 04:48 PM
Kaufman County has phones in the dayroom for inmate use. These phones can only make collect calls. These calls used to cost about 20 dollars a piece and the phone automatically hangs up after 15 minutes- it's a racket!! They want to lock up people for doing wrong, yet, who's the real criminal here??..............Andres Morin III

retired-37
05-14-2009, 08:22 PM
Everytime I think that Kauman County Jail couldn't possibly get any worse. They go and surprise me!! I know I shouldn't be surprised anymore. I mean they are racist, mistreat inmates, had a District Attorney (Luis Conradt Jr) who shot himself to death while being part of a Dateline sting to nab online child sex preditors. By the way, Mr. Conradt was soliciting a young boy for sex. Anyways, how corrupt do you have to get before the Feds step in? Shame on you Kaufman County!!!!

retired-37
07-22-2009, 07:58 PM
I have an account set up with correctional billing while my boyfriend was in Maryland- Kaufman will be picking him up on a warrant soon- Does anyone happen to know what their phone usage policy is or what collect call service they use?

I'd like to get as much set up as soon as possible so I can know he's ok!

Thanks!
I believe this... they went all the way to the state of Maine once to pick up someone with traffic tickets. They held him for less than a week until the fines were paid off then released him. What was the cost of this trip?? Does it justify a trip to Maine for minor traffic infractions?? If the Feds are listening, you might need to investigate because you probobly paid for this lovely, little trip!!:mad::mad:.......andres morin