View Full Version : Can sex offenders (no child involved) have contact visits with their children?

elbw2
04-25-2008, 07:18 AM
Does anyone know if a sex offender can have contact visitation in Texas with their child of their offense did not involve a child?:confused:

TedEBare
04-25-2008, 10:06 AM
elbw2, quite often, they can't. However, you will probably get better answers if you post in the Loving A Sex Offender forum. They'll know more about that situation.

woman_in_black
04-25-2008, 10:57 AM
Many times it depends on his court papers and if they specified it. Here in TX, I know someone who is a SO and CAN see his children, although it is behind the glass (general/non-contact) visit. You can also contact the warden and they can check for you as well. Just be sure to put it in writing and if the warden says yes, have that letter handy (like in your car, etc) if you run into any problems taking them. The visitation desk will say no, then just politely explain you contacted the warden and they said yes and you have the letter if they would like a COPY... never let them keep the original. Hope this helps! :thumbsup:

smallngood
04-30-2008, 06:34 PM
In Texas, nine times out of ten, the answer will be NO- -no child under the age of 16, be it his or not- -UNLESS it is behind glass, NEVER contact visits.
Once a inmate is listed as a sex offender- -all those rules apply.
Sorry, I didn't write the law or rules.
Be safe.

ReggiesLady
05-01-2008, 10:38 AM
I think it depends on the case. I know a few ladies who take their incarcerated loved one's children to see them and have had no problems. But it may be different for others. Just hasn't been for the people I know.

txred9876
05-01-2008, 01:53 PM
From what I have known in cases like this if the person is incarcerated for a sex offense they cannot have contact visits with children but if it is a new case and not sex offese related then they can (unless the origional charge stipulated they cannot). It really is on a case by case basis. That even goes for once they are paroled.

tina

Tracy
05-04-2008, 05:29 AM
elbw...let us know what you find out. I hope everything works out ok. It may vary from unit to unit as they interpurt rules in different ways it seems.