View Full Version : Is Parole Transfer Possible?

badgerboy
04-21-2008, 06:14 AM
My wife is in MCI Framingham for 120 days. Her parole date is in June. Is it possible to transfer parole to California? Her only family is here in California. She has no friends, family, or place to go in Masachusetts. Thanks in advance.

shiva65
04-21-2008, 09:56 AM
hmmm hi badger i remeber you asking this.. a while back.. no problem but i remeber i personally having no REAL answer.. i guess i would start w/ calling parole in mass.. than moving on to parole in calif.. good luck.. and keep us posted

badgerboy
04-21-2008, 08:09 PM
Thanks Shiva, but my wife was interviewed by the parole person. The answer is that a transfer is not possible because her sentence is too short. The bad part is that she has nowhere to go in Mass when she is paroled (no family or friends). We (her husband & son) are in California waiting for her. I wonder if they will make an exception because of the circumstances?

shiva65
04-22-2008, 02:03 PM
okay than.. you recieved an answer which was no. but your still trying to get the answer you want.. LOVE IT.. (just like me)...

well than.. hmm you might need to step it up a bit and write .. and attend a parole hearing or contact parole.. here in lovely mass.. and advocate just that.. or she can parole out to a half way house or someother location maris center. or a shelter monitor for a while save her pennies and fly out to california.. if this sounds harsh/ or cold.. im just trying to be honest.. good luck

btilford80
05-18-2008, 04:13 PM
based on your family situation she should be able to get an interstate compact. now if they will start the paperwork now or wait til she gets out is up to the system. massachusetts has a process then the paperwork goes to california where they have a process to go through and cali has to say we want her which can be difficult in larger states because they have so many parolees already.

badgerboy
06-02-2008, 08:15 PM
Thanks 80, but they won't allow the tranfer because her parole period is too short.