View Full Version : What To Wear To A Prison Wedding? Ugh!

14monthsleft
04-13-2008, 10:59 PM
Now I have been inconvenienced by the dress code on occasion, but now I am really ticked off. How do you dress for a prison wedding? If I don't find something soon, I am wearing sweatpants! Has anybody seen anything cute that you could wear to a complex other than Douglas?

To the ladies that have already ventured down this road before, what did you wear?

NtShadow
04-14-2008, 06:40 AM
As long as it complies with the dress code, it is okay.
You may wear a wedding dress, also.
I don't wear dresses, so when I got married, I wore black dress pants, a white blouse, and a white vest.

Dale'sforever
04-14-2008, 10:49 AM
I wore a dress, but it took some looking to find something visitation approved! When we got married, the dress code wasn't as strict as it is these days, but it was still tough. I ended up finding a dress I really liked but it was a little low in the neck, so I found a cami thing that matched nice with the dress and wore that underneath. Hope you are able to find something nice, and congrats on your upcoming wedding! :)

johnnie's_brat
04-14-2008, 05:58 PM
I got married in 2006 at Winslow and I wore a skirt and blouse. It was knee length (of course) off-white and a lace blouse the same color with a shirt underneath since I knew the cami that came with the blouse would be a no-no. It wasn't ideal but after all it is prison. lol

MaggieMMay
04-14-2008, 06:43 PM
I found a really nice "evening" suit (I don't wear dresses much either, but would have if I had found something meeting both MY and DOC's specifications!).

Sable566
04-15-2008, 08:24 PM
I wore a calf length white lace skirt, a long sleeve peacock blue satin blouse and blue and white cowboy boots!

arriana
04-15-2008, 11:16 PM
I wore a long black skirt that had chiffon layers that seemed like a handkerchief hemline..
with a cute red top and red jewelled shoes... ..I had to find two shirts as the one I wanted was lower cut but I just black and red layered..
we did get married in the winter as well which made it easier to find things to wear..
but good luck... its worth the effort ..

14monthsleft
04-27-2008, 08:24 PM
Well, I have resigned myself to having to wear an undershirt with my dress, so my strategy now is to look draw attention away from the tacky undershirt by having some killer hair, but, I do have a cute dress (cream-colored) and cute shoes (also cream). You can't expect the world with a prison wedding, but at least I will look like a bride for my sweetheart. Has anyone worn flowers in their hair for their PW? Just wondering...that's what I want to do.

dlh
04-27-2008, 09:51 PM
Well, I have resigned myself to having to wear an undershirt with my dress, so my strategy now is to look draw attention away from the tacky undershirt by having some killer hair, but, I do have a cute dress (cream-colored) and cute shoes (also cream). You can't expect the world with a prison wedding, but at least I will look like a bride for my sweetheart. Has anyone worn flowers in their hair for their PW? Just wondering...that's what I want to do.

sounds perfect! I don't know about the flowers. I know at visitation today I had to pull my hair up around my ears and in the back so they could make sure I wasn't concealing anything in my hair....

I hope you have a perfect day!

dannysbabyblue
04-28-2008, 11:39 PM

Are you going to be allowed to take a picture?
And yes your dress is killer!

IggyWife08
04-28-2008, 11:54 PM
I wore a white skirt and black and white silk blouse with a black waist belt. Also some black G for Guess heels. How can i upload pics on here to show us off?