View Full Version : Lockdown at Solano

lilsibah27
04-06-2008, 05:27 PM
Hello All...

Does anyone know how long the lockdown at Solano is going to last? I got a letter stating until May, but he wasn't for sure. They were searching 2 yards and dorms as he was writing the letter. Does anyone have any insight on what's going on there??? Thanks a bunch.

PTO-110524
04-06-2008, 06:04 PM
lilsibah - Here is some info from Lt Wamble, the PIO. The contraband he is referring to are bullets.

The current Modified Program is institution wide, and is the result of the discovery of extremely dangerous contraband. Due to this contraband the entire institution is undergoing a systematic and thorough search.

We are trying to complete the search as expeditiously as possible and still do a thorough job. A decision on visiting will be made later today, and will immediately be posted on the 800 line. I believe the search will probably take us at least through next week, and very possibly the following. But again, the search is for the safety and security of the institution, staff and inmates; and will be completed as efficiently and expeditiously as possible.

Currently, inmates are not reporting to work or education assignments, and there are no phone calls being allowed. All aspects of the search process are being evaluated and updated daily.

The search is not the result of any medical issue, or inmate disturbance (riot).

I can't speak for the rest of the institution's phones, but I know mine has been working.

Lt. Tim Wamble
AA/PIO
CSP-Solano
Phone - (707) 454-3257
Fax - (707) 454-3200
E-mail - Timothy.Wamble@cdcr.ca.gov

MISSING WILLIE
04-07-2008, 12:48 PM
I Was Told Yesterday That They Are Done Searching All The Buildings. Hopefully We Will Get Visit This Weekend.

wendy tyler
04-07-2008, 02:48 PM
Thanks Missing Willie!

dreanluis
04-07-2008, 07:20 PM
Yes i was also told yesterday that all the searches are done..so hopefully we will be able to visit this upcoming weekend!

ericka916
04-08-2008, 12:59 AM
So does the (800) number tell us wheater there are going to be visits this upcoming weekend or not? hopefully there is this weekend! =]

lilsibah27
04-08-2008, 06:31 AM
Does anyone know for sure about the lockdown? I haven't received a phone call so I'm unsure of the status.

SisterOfInmate
04-08-2008, 12:49 PM
as of this mornings newspaper the reporter lockdowns are over for CPS Solano hope this helps all of you who can visit