View Full Version : Montgomery County Jail - Texas

lh1436
04-04-2008, 01:03 PM
My aunt is in Montgomery County Jail and I am up here in Dallas. Does anyone know how I can get money to her without driving down there?

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks! :D

Tracy
04-04-2008, 03:30 PM
Ih... When my son was in Bexar county I sent money orders directly to the county jail with his name and SID# and the mailing address to the jail. If you call the jail they should be able to tell you how to do that. If she gets transferred to a TDCJ unit...then we can help you with how to put money on her books that way..

Let us know if there is something else we can try to help you with...

Drucifer
04-04-2008, 09:48 PM
To send money you must have an Inmate Trust Fund slip. These are available at the visitation areas or you may pick them up at Central Jail Records. The slips have instructions on them as to where to mail them. A money order or cashiers check must be with the trust fund slip. No cash or personal checks will be accepted.

Montgomery County Sheriff's Office
#1 Criminal Justice Drive, Conroe, Tx 77301
Non-emergencies & General Info. - (936) 760-5871 or (281) 364-4200

Tracy
04-05-2008, 04:10 AM
Dru... I think that is mostly true but at Bexar County..I WAS able to send money orders straight to the jail. Several times. So I think that rule varies some.

Thanks for the address to the unit...that is helpful information.

RobinsMan
04-05-2008, 07:39 AM
I don't know if I have any copies of the slip at home or not but I'll look when I get home tomorrow evening. If I find one I'll be glad to scan and post it. Just a print is good enough to send in. I copied the first one I got and sent in the copy every time. It's a VERY simple little slip of paper.

Although there is one other option of address to which to mail the money order, it is not directly to the jail.

Drucifer
04-05-2008, 03:46 PM
Dru... I think that is mostly true but at Bexar County..I WAS able to send money orders straight to the jail. Several times. So I think that rule varies some.

Thanks for the address to the unit...that is helpful information.

The info I posted is from the MONTGOMERY COUNTY Sheriff's website. I would suggest, perhaps, calling the number provided and asking them the best way to proceed. Good luck in your endeavor.

jojacks
04-06-2008, 05:12 AM
Tracy, I too, was able to send money orders straight to the 2 jails Dustin was in - 2 different counties. I guess each county has their way of doing things. Here, in Erath County, you can take cash directly to the jail.

jerc78
04-06-2008, 06:54 AM
hi, i know in lubbock county it was done thru touchpay and you can go online or call an 800 number the best thing to do is call the county they will tell you!!

Crone
04-06-2008, 06:56 AM
Do the jails, like the prisons, allow Jpay payments? If so, that removes the obstacle of finding a deposit slip.

Tracy
04-06-2008, 07:03 AM
Crone, there seems to be differences with different counties. Like I said about Bexar county, I bought a money order, filled it out to the Inmate Trust Fund, put Joshies name and SID under Inmate Trust Fund and mailed it TO Bexar county. Several times. Never needed a slip or anything. And I believe Jolene stated she was able to do the same thing...so I would guess, call the county jail and ask.

Oh, another thing that shows they do not always go by the rules....the first time I went to see Joshua in Bexar county, I had a money order all ready and in the envelope to mail to Bexar county jail, and asked the front desk lady, is there a mailbox to put this in..she said "hold on a minute" and made a phone call and told me to walk back to the "property" area and the lady there would take it for me and put it on Joshies account. Very nice indeed. However, I was a blubbering mess so maybe they were taking mercy on me.

I just wanted to point out, that not all the time do the rules apply and it is just best to call the exact jail and talk to a live person...sometimes the answers are different...

To address your question about jpay... I really don't know! Alot of help I was, huh? That might be something to find out for everyone! I will run over to the jpay website real quick and see what I can find.

So sorry for the long post...running over of the mouth today!

jojacks
04-06-2008, 07:04 AM
The county jails I have dealt with do not use jpay, but I am not saying NONE of them do. They all seem to have their own rules, so it is best to call the jail and find out for sure.

Crone
04-06-2008, 07:14 AM
Thank you ladies for your input. My husband wasn't in the jail long enough for me to send him any money so I have no knowledge about how things are done in jail.

JaycieDnTejas
04-12-2008, 08:52 AM
I don't know if I have any copies of the slip at home or not but I'll look when I get home tomorrow evening. If I find one I'll be glad to scan and post it. Just a print is good enough to send in. I copied the first one I got and sent in the copy every time. It's a VERY simple little slip of paper.

Although there is one other option of address to which to mail the money order, it is not directly to the jail.

I know someone in Montgomery County Jail in Conroe. If you find that slip, please post it and I assume we can download or copy it.

RobinsMan
04-13-2008, 04:08 PM
Well, I found some but my recollection of the simple slip of paper was for Galveston County and not Montgomery. These slips are two part and have unique receipt numbers on them. I have no idea if the Sheriff's department will accept a copy/print of one.

karen
07-08-2008, 02:55 PM
:angry: This just may be me screaming into the wilderness of the vast internet, but....

VISITATION AT MONTGOMERY COUNTY JAIL SUCKS!

Doors are supposed to open at 7:30. I got there at 7 last night, already a big long line waiting outside on those big hot, concrete steps. The guard didn't open the door until 7:40 and took anywhere from 5 - 7 minutes to process each visitor. May not sound bad until you realize that there were a good 15 people in front of me. 15 people X5 min = 75 minutes, of just standing in line to get signed up. And just because the door opened didn't mean you were out of the heat. Noooo, because the foyer where you check in is very small and only holds a few people. So most of the wait is spent outside, standing on hot concrete.

It was 8:45 before the first group of men came in for there visits.
There were a good 30 people or so in the waiting room, waiting to go in for thier visit. Not bad, I guess unless you consider the fact that the waiting room has ONE 12 foot bench and that is it!

Once you go in, you have to scramble for a partition that has a working phone. The visitation area is filthy. Don't even get me started on the bathrooms! :yuck:

And then when we finally were able to have our visit and it was time to leave... the safety light over the stairs was out. Old women, pregnant women, kids, were all struggling to make their way safely down the stairs. My daughter ended up moving our car around and shining the headlights on them so that a couple of elderly women could see to go down them.

And yes... I called today and complained, but the best I could do is leave a message for the man. :banghead: hmmmm, he wasn't available to take my phone call! Can you imagine that!:confused::confused: I also mentioned that the phone in that pod has been out of service for over a week. Not sure how much good my phone call/message did... but it made me feel better! :D

Okay... I've vented!
Karen

Myguysinmoco
12-11-2008, 05:56 PM
My aunt is in Montgomery County Jail and I am up here in Dallas. Does anyone know how I can get money to her without driving down there?

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks! :D
Yes Montgomery County now has a way to send money online (pays automatically to the inmate's account) and it costs 2.95 to pay by credit card online (but it takes 24 hours to get registered. Go to inmatedeposits.com and you will need to know the inmates PIN #. Or, you can call 866-345-1884 and pay the money over the phone, but it costs a lot more to make a deposit by phone.