Mrs.Rooks
04-02-2008, 05:52 AM
Anyone on have any info on this jail???

morgan17
04-20-2008, 01:31 AM
what info are u looking for?

Mrs.Rooks
04-21-2008, 05:33 AM
i would like to know how often a week you can visit, do you have to call 48 hours in advance to book your visit? Can you go outside for touch visits? Thanks for your help, My man is being transferred there and I would just like any info you can give me!!

Mrs.Rooks
04-27-2008, 10:02 AM
Anyone know how long you need to call to book a visit at warkworth? and any info on warkworth?

KCampbell
04-27-2008, 06:04 PM
(705) 924-2210 Warkworth phone number, ask for visiting, and ask them anything you need to know.
All visits are open/touch, unless the inmate has been placed in 'the hole'.
As far as I know, you can visit as much as you want?
If you are married, or commonlaw, then you can have a family visit, usually every 6 weeks.
If you read thru the Corrections Canada web site, you should be able to find the answer to most questions.
You can also call the above number and ask for the Chaplain, they are usually the most helpful person in the institution.
Warkworth is a medium-high institution, it also has afew trades, and I think less than 500 inmates.
If you have any specific questions, I most likely could answer them.

Rob.

0ldschool
05-14-2008, 01:35 PM
To visit you have to fill out a visitor application, they will run a cpic on you and decide whether or not to approve visits. Once approved the visits are open ( you can touch and hug etc) but you have to buy food from the vending machines you arent allowed to bring food in there.

Warkworth has a very high percentage of sex offenders. I believe the largest in canada.

Its generally a quiet prison. Large yard, summer and winter socials.

Not the place id ever do time, but its great for old ppl.

If hes not a sex offender........dont let him go to warkworth. Trust me....if you say you did time at warkworth.....something isnt right about you as warkworth is the place where sex offenders and rats go mostly, and guys who "Check In" from other joints for protection.

Mrs.Rooks
05-15-2008, 05:52 AM
Well my fiancee IS NOT a SEX OFFENDER or in PC he had no choice but to go there as he is on a native range..and he didn't want to stay in millhaven longer than he was....he was there for 4 months

morgan17
05-20-2008, 06:01 PM
Well Warkworth is WAY better than millhaven...my boyfriend has been there for over 2 years and he to is not a sex offender....they have very few lockdowns and for the most part things run pretty smooth over there...you do have to call 48 hours in advance and all you do is call the 800 visiting number and leave a message with your name and the inmate your visiting and then 48 hours later you show up for your visit unless they call you and tell you theres a problem.... and i dont know about it only being good for old people....my boyfriend is young and he talks about the guys in there and most of his "friends" are around his age which is 30's...
I personally have never had a problem besides sometimes them holding pics for a couple days but whenever i mail my boyfriend stuff he has it within 4 days..Any info you need i would be glad to help!!

jenbam
08-16-2008, 10:02 AM
Anyone on have any info on this jail???

hey! my bf is friends with a guy named rooks. is that your bf??

Mrs.Rooks
10-09-2008, 07:31 AM
Yes, that is my Fiancee !!!! hopefully he'll be commin home to me soon !

RollerDerby101
10-02-2009, 04:28 PM
Well Warkworth is WAY better than millhaven...my boyfriend has been there for over 2 years and he to is not a sex offender....they have very few lockdowns and for the most part things run pretty smooth over there...you do have to call 48 hours in advance and all you do is call the 800 visiting number and leave a message with your name and the inmate your visiting and then 48 hours later you show up for your visit unless they call you and tell you theres a problem.... and i dont know about it only being good for old people....my boyfriend is young and he talks about the guys in there and most of his "friends" are around his age which is 30's...
I personally have never had a problem besides sometimes them holding pics for a couple days but whenever i mail my boyfriend stuff he has it within 4 days..Any info you need i would be glad to help!!

what is the 800 number?

skyla_stewart
09-20-2011, 07:06 PM
(705) 924-2210 Warkworth phone number, ask for visiting, and ask them anything you need to know.
All visits are open/touch, unless the inmate has been placed in 'the hole'.
As far as I know, you can visit as much as you want?
If you are married, or commonlaw, then you can have a family visit, usually every 6 weeks.
If you read thru the Corrections Canada web site, you should be able to find the answer to most questions.
You can also call the above number and ask for the Chaplain, they are usually the most helpful person in the institution.
Warkworth is a medium-high institution, it also has afew trades, and I think less than 500 inmates.
If you have any specific questions, I most likely could answer them.

Rob.
hi, .y name is skyla and i wanted to know if ma husband is comin from a different institution but i alreadu filled out the forms from when he was in kingston do i gotta refill out the forms at warkworth to visit

skyla_stewart
09-20-2011, 07:08 PM
how does the visiting forms at warkworth work if the inmate is coming from a different institution but i already filled out the forms when he was in colinsbay do i gotta re-post the forms to visit

one.love
01-16-2012, 07:47 AM
no they will transfer your visiting forms and it will be in the computer wherever he goes, its on the computer. so you dont have to refill it out.

themom
01-16-2012, 09:07 AM
I had to refill them from Millhaven assessment. But maybe that's considered different?

nicky3
01-18-2012, 05:21 PM
you have to fill out a new visitation form when the inmate gets transfered at least thats what we had to do when hubby went from Millhaven to Warkworth

sandry
01-18-2012, 07:10 PM
I didn't when son went from Millhaven to frontenac. He got parole yesterday. Very intensive hearing. The board was certainly well prepared and informed. Knew every detail. Even school marks. So relieved this will soon be over.
Sandy

yoursforever
04-05-2012, 08:37 PM
looking for some info on winter/summer socials mentioned... anyone ? or possibly any information about warkworth at all would be great, im sending my visiting application to them in a few days and would really like to know anything there is to know about regular visiting aswell as PFV's thankyou so muuch !