View Full Version : CSP-Solano on lockdown until further notice

davidandbridget
04-01-2008, 10:30 PM
anyone know how long something like this goes on for....and when will they be able to use the phones? Hey Sgt....any ideas on what's happening?

jmbaby
04-02-2008, 12:39 AM
I heard the lockdown is for 30 days. I'm not sure if that is correct.

lilsibah27
04-06-2008, 04:30 PM
Any updates on Solano? What happen to cause the lockdown?

dontime
04-06-2008, 05:07 PM
if someone is due to be released and the prison is on lockdown do they still get out?

jmbaby
04-06-2008, 08:19 PM
Any updates on Solano? What happen to cause the lockdown?

I read that they found two kites threatening CO's. Also they found two bullets. They are on lockdown until they find a gun. I don't know how true that is but the lockdown is from 4-6 weeks. Again, I am not certain.

lilsibah27
04-06-2008, 08:37 PM
How long has Solano been on lockdown? I heard from a different forum about the bullets, but as you said who knows if it's true.

ericka916
04-06-2008, 11:28 PM
Does any one know if we can visit starting friday the 11th???

jmbaby
04-06-2008, 11:39 PM
Does any one know if we can visit starting friday the 11th???

They are on lockdown for at least 30 days. I doubt there will be visits next weekend. That I know is a fact. My friends husband is next door at California Medical Facility (CMF). That is what he told his wife. How he got that info. I do not know. I would still call the 800 number on Thursday to check status of the lockdown. I guess thats our only option; to continue to call and find out the status of the lockdown since they are not allowed to use the phone.

ericka916
04-06-2008, 11:46 PM
ok thanks..i've been calling it to see if there are any changes..it said they were only on lockdown this weekend..but hopefully they are not next...this will be my first visit..i havent seen him in two years! and im so excited!

jmbaby
04-06-2008, 11:58 PM
Hopefully they will be off lockdown. In case they are off lockdown, get ready for a huge crowd!!! LOL!!! What yard is your friend on? I ask because if he is on yards 3 or 4, you will have to ride the shuttle over to the other side and thats abunch of drama!!! If you need more info. just PM me.

lilsibah27
04-08-2008, 05:30 AM
I heard the lockdown has been lifted - anyone know if that's true?

cnk
04-08-2008, 05:18 PM
The Vacaville paper was discussing the statewide lockdown and did not address the fact that Solano was already down before the statewide LD. Solano is still down and will likely be so for at least another week or two. Hopefully it will end sooner but I don't expect that.:( There are some indications it could last all month.

lilsibah27
04-08-2008, 05:43 PM
I hear the lockdown at Solano has been lifted, but still under restrictions. If anyone hears different - let us know.

jmbaby
04-08-2008, 06:48 PM
They are still on lockdown possibly for another 3 weeks.

kamlawife
04-10-2008, 12:43 AM
when will be able to find out? my man is being transfered on the 18th and i so wanta see him b4 he's gone :(

jmbaby
04-10-2008, 06:33 PM
I just found out there is visiting for yards one and two. No visiting for yards three and four. Im excited that I will be able to go see my sweetie but I feel so bad for those that can't visit their loved ones. I hope this lockdown will be over soon. :grouphug:

William'sBaby
04-10-2008, 06:37 PM
It is very unlikely that yard 3&4 will be off lockdown anytime soon. They won't be off until all of the cell/dorm searches are done. Yards 1&2 are off lockdown now and visiting is back on for those yards only.

William'sBaby:heart:

jmbaby
04-10-2008, 06:42 PM
Really does it take that long to search cells and dorms? There's staff on 24 hours, it should not take that long to look for "something." I think their little vacation has gone on long enough.

William'sBaby
04-10-2008, 06:46 PM
Yeah it really sucks, but I guess when it comes to officer safety (because of the so-called bullet they found on one of the yards) they have to search everything. And they have already searched at least two times in the past 2 weeks. I don't know, this is crazy.

William'sBaby:heart:

jmbaby
04-10-2008, 06:50 PM
Its understanable that they have to search for whatever but it should not have to take that long.

lovemyclay
04-10-2008, 07:08 PM
YEA! MY MAN'S ON YARD 2. hope this is all over with soon and back to normal program.and no it should not have taken this long.

Sassy7
04-10-2008, 07:44 PM
jmbaby thanks for the information on visiting for this weekend for yards 1 & 2. This is so hard on all of us. Now if I can just get a phone call from my husband, that will really make my day. I too will be glad when they get back to normal programming. I will keep all of you in my prayers.

jmbaby
04-10-2008, 09:40 PM
It has been so hard on us all. I have not received a call so I don't know if they are still restricted from using the phone. I wish they would let them use the phone when they are on lockdown. Being in a cell 24/7 must be so hard physically and especially mentally. We need to keep them all in prayer. Its hard on us, now imagine how they feel living that nightmare!!!

cnk
04-11-2008, 06:59 AM
I just received this because my hubby messed up on my zip code (he's only been writing that same zip for years...SIGH) Anyway, it's late but it's straight from the program status report issued on 3/28 and signed by the warden:

On March 27, 2008 at about 14:30 hours, Facility III staff received information indicating a 'zip gun' still exists within the Level II. The information spcifically reflected the zip gun was moved from Facility III to Facility IV. On March 28, 2008, at about 0900 hours, a .22 caliber lifve round was discovered, uncontrolled, on the Facility IV yard, in the grass area in front of the dining hall eight exit door.

Cell feeding,medical ducats only, no visiting, no inmate workers, emergency medical only, meds issued in building, law library for approved court deadlines only, no dayroom, phone, canteen, packages.

This was issued on 3/28 and I read that now there is visiting for yards 1 & 2 so maybe things will begin to ease. Thought I would go ahead and post even though it's late because it helps explain why they are being so careful.

dreday2008
04-11-2008, 12:08 PM
Careful yes, but how do you think this got in. STAFF- items can move so quickly from one yard to together and if the SYSTEM was that concerned about safety than why has visits for yards 1 & 2 resumed. Like I said before a staff has planted it for overtime and in regards to the "zip gun" an inmate has possibly stated that to prevent him from paying a debt. That is my hypothetical explanation of this crazy time @ SOLANO!

Tricksie2645
04-11-2008, 12:16 PM
Keep checking the visiting line. Another forum just reported that some of the guys in the other yards may also have visiting this weekend. Stories are conflicting. Not sure they (CDCr) even know what's going on.

jmbaby
04-11-2008, 12:19 PM
Keep checking the visiting line. Another forum just reported that some of the guys in the other yards may also have visiting this weekend. Stories are conflicting. Not sure they (CDCr) even know what's going on.

You got that right!!! They probably don't even know what to do and for their mistakes the inmates pay for it as well as thier loved ones. I do hope yards 3 and 4 get their visits back soon!!!

jmbaby
04-16-2008, 12:53 AM
There will be no visits for yards 1 and 2 this weekend. Yards 3 and 4 will have visits this weekend. I called the 800 number and the message was updated today.

LadyBaby
04-23-2008, 12:05 PM
Has anyone heard anything regarding visits this weekend? I called Lt. Wamble but he didn't answer...

jmbaby
04-23-2008, 12:13 PM
From what I have heard yards 1 and 2 are still on lockdown. Yards 3 and 4 will have visits. I would still continue to call because things may change at the last minute.

LadyBaby
04-23-2008, 12:34 PM
Hmm...that's not fair. Yards 3 and 4 had visits last week...It's yards 2 and 3's turn again. I truly hope that changes. I hope they just let everyone off. They finished searching my guys building yesterday...

LadyBaby
04-23-2008, 12:41 PM
I just spoke with Lt. Wamble and he said that they hope to complete the search by tomorrow evening and that visiting will be back on this coming weekend. However, the TB testing will begin at 9AM Friday morning and may cause visiting to begin late on Friday afternoon. He said depending on the rest of the search, business should be back to "normal" by Saturday. Whohoo! I hope so! I haven't seen my man since Easter!!!

jmbaby
04-23-2008, 01:14 PM
I haven't seen my sweetie since December. Even if there is visiting I will not be able to go till next weekend. :(

LadyBaby
04-23-2008, 01:19 PM
Awww jmbaby, I feel guilty now...sorry. If I may ask, why has it been so long since you've seen him?

jmbaby
04-23-2008, 01:28 PM
Very busy and many lockdowns. I visited him December 1st. Being it was the holidays there were many activities going on with family and church. In January they went on lockdown. In February they had the "sit-down" then when I was going to visit in March they went on this lockdown that still going on. Now here we are in April, no visits. If they are off lockdown I will be going the first weekend in May. I'm going on five months. That is such a long time!!!

Sassy7
04-23-2008, 01:34 PM
Hot damn that is good news. I am so there. I have some last minute shopping to do and some personal business to handle before I can leave in the morning. My flight leaves out of Houston at 9. I am so dang excited. It has been far too long since I last saw my hubby. This is OUR anniversary weekend coming up and I just cannot wait to see him. I hope that we all get to get back to the business of normal visits and all this insane madness stops. These lockdowns are not only hard on the convicts but also hard on the families and friends too.

LadyBaby
04-23-2008, 01:46 PM
I gottcha jmbaby. I totally understand....

Sassy...I'm glad you're excited. I hope you enjoy your visit. But remember, the LT. said that this is contingent on the fact that they "hope" the searches finish on a positive note...

jmbaby
04-23-2008, 05:34 PM
I gottcha jmbaby. I totally understand....

Sassy...I'm glad you're excited. I hope you enjoy your visit. But remember, the LT. said that this is contingent on the fact that they "hope" the searches finish on a positive note...

Too me "hope" means no when it comes from their mouth. I do not like being negative but they might as well just say "no" instead of "hope." They get us excited and then drop a bomb on us. I just pray there will be visiting. Visiting is important but I am more concerned about our men being off lockdown. Enough is enough!!!
:angry: :angry: :angry:

Sassy7
04-23-2008, 08:47 PM
Coming from them "hope" may mean NO. But I am holding positive thoughts and I do believe in the power of prayers. So with that being said -- my flight leaves in the morning. Now realistically speaking -- hot damn I got my fingers crossed. Just kidding.

jmbaby
04-23-2008, 09:51 PM
Coming from them "hope" may mean NO. But I am holding positive thoughts and I do believe in the power of prayers. So with that being said -- my flight leaves in the morning. Now realistically speaking -- hot damn I got my fingers crossed. Just kidding.

I pray there is visiting. I strongly believe in the power of prayer as well. Have a safe trip. :)

sxycali209
04-24-2008, 11:51 PM
The Visiting Line States Today Thursday The 24th That Buildings 1 Thru 12, H Dorm And Admin Seg.there Will Be No Visits For Friday And Sat And Sun Is Undetermined. Due To The Tb Testing Buildings 13 Thru 24 There Will Be Visits After Completion Of The Testing. Sat And Sun Will Resume As Normal Visiting For 13-24.

LadyBaby
04-25-2008, 12:22 AM
What yard is your husband on? Mine is on 2...I really miss 'em!

jmbaby
04-25-2008, 12:33 AM
What yard is your husband on? Mine is on 2...I really miss 'em!

Mine is on yard 2 as well. I miss my sweetie so much!!! Haven't seen him since December.:( Can't see him till next weekend, that's if they are off lockdown.:confused:

LadyBaby
04-25-2008, 09:06 PM
Visits are on for ALL this weekend at Solano. Hip Hip Hooray!!!:)

Texalicious
05-17-2008, 04:43 PM
does anybody know if solano is still on lockdown? i'm getting letters from my baby but no phone calls still. anybod?

wendy tyler
05-17-2008, 06:23 PM
does anybody know if solano is still on lockdown? i'm getting letters from my baby but no phone calls still. anybod?

The lockdown has been over for some time now, but I know they were having trouble with phones on one of the yards a while back, but I'm pretty sure that's over too. Good luck, and maybe see if the problem is at your end.

Texalicious
05-19-2008, 01:21 PM
ok thank you

sweetangel91369
06-02-2008, 10:49 PM
if they are on lockdown, can they get mail and send mail?

jmbaby
06-02-2008, 11:02 PM
Yes they can receive and send out mail while on lockdown.

sweetangel91369
06-03-2008, 12:08 AM
My friend just got trasfered there about less than a month ago from high desert, and I mailed him letters, but I haven't got any back. I thought it might have been because of the lockdown...I also sent him, paper,stamps and evenlopes, so I don't know

cnk
06-03-2008, 12:15 AM
Solano has been off lockdown for weeks so maybe the mods could lock this forum to cut doen on the confusion. As for as the mail--it could take a couple of weeks for him to get his mail--especially if he is moving around due to orientation, then mainline. Be patient--I'm sure you'll hear from him soon.