View Full Version : Is Donovan being turned into an SNY facility?

mrs.xoxo
03-31-2008, 08:03 PM
has anybody heard of donnovan turning in to sny and i do know they have a sny does anybody know what level and what visiting is like

PTO-110524
04-01-2008, 08:59 AM
Donovan already has Level 4 SNY and I had heard they were opening a L3 SNY. You could call the prison to check for sure. Also, people I know who visit there say it's decent visiting. Hope this helps.

BIGGIRL123
04-03-2008, 07:12 AM
has anybody heard of donnovan turning in to sny and i do know they have a sny does anybody know what level and what visiting is like

My husband was there and it is a sny level 4. The visits were nice. But he got transferred out to mule creek state prison. I also heard from one of my friends that they want to turn it in to sny but it is already. Hope this helps you out.

Joel's Jolie
04-04-2008, 02:11 PM
whats does sny mean?? my fiance is probably on the bus right now heading to RJD and I have no idea about anything. I would love some general info (other than what I can find on their website) like what is it really like and what can I expect the next few weeks to be like? will he be able to call as soon as he gets there? how long does it take for him to get his first visit ( i know it takes 30 days for the application to get processed so probaby 6 weeks for him to sent it and me to send it back then processing, right?) when does half time start and is it true that some new inmates are sleeping on the floor? and if they are are they really getting 25%?
Any and all info would be great... I have read the RJD website inside and out but just would love some "real" info.
Thanx

JustNoBody
04-10-2008, 09:03 AM
You can contact me privatly- if you have more questions, but we are currently at donovan- SNY is a "special needs yard", it's alot of gang drop outs, but also its where they put the rapest and child molestors. Unless your husband's crime puts him at risk in the general population..he's won't be on an SNY yard, and will transfer out when classified. Donovan is a reception center- where new arrivels come, get classified and then get transfered to do their time.
if you husband is in for a non-violent crime- they are trying to pass the 50 percent law..who knows when it would take effect..this is the CDC..but there is nothing about 25 percent.
If he is serving time for a violent crime- he will do 85 percent of his sentence. When he see's his counsler...they will calculate his sentence- and give him an out date. It has been taking about 4 to 6 weeks for new guys to see their counslers...so you might not be getting a phone call any time soon. They can not have visits until he's been classified.
I have not heard of anyone sleeping on floors....

angelfemsd
04-10-2008, 05:47 PM
Hi there my husband is at Donavan, Yes the visits are nice, but the mail room sux, I have sent my husband letters, stamps, paper, envelopes. and he still hasent gotten them, he wrote me from a barrowed envelope and he was asking me why I havent sent him anything, I am so upset him thinking that i havent sent him envelopes. I am so frustrated. hes doing a 3 month violation he will stay in reception for the 3 months. so no phone calls, and I have so much going on i just found out today that I will be having majior surgery in 2 weeks and I need to talk to him, I called his councelor and no help, does anyone know if i can get a emergency call or is there anything I can do....I dont want to write him who knows if hell get it...
thank you

JustNoBody
04-10-2008, 10:39 PM
yes- donovan has a social worker who is there for visitors and inmates...call the visiting department, and ask to speak with their social worker...she is super nice, and there during visiting hours... I can ask for her extention this weekend, if you cant get through? She will go and talk with your husband--and then get back to you

angelfemsd
04-11-2008, 07:16 AM
Thank you so much for your responce I will call here today......:thumbsup:

angelfemsd
04-11-2008, 02:31 PM
I tried to call today and no luck, Can you try to get her telephone # for me they are doing my surgery next tuesday, I am so scared. I would like him to know whats going on....:(
Thanks again
Angela

JustNoBody
04-11-2008, 09:25 PM
I will ask her tomorrow....she works during visiting hours- if you can get someone to answer the phone :)
Look for a post after 4 pacific time tomorrow

JustNoBody
04-12-2008, 05:14 PM
Well.........she is so new she doesnt have a phone or extention yet, sorry :( She suggested you call your husband's counsler and explain the importance of the situation, and they should let you contact him. She said the chaplin would also be there all next week...and that he would go and speak with your husband as well.....

angelfemsd
04-12-2008, 05:24 PM
Thank you so much!!!! I will on Monday ....I appreciate all your help......
God Bless you.....:o