View Full Version : Education at FPC Bryan with blinn college

otwell20
03-30-2008, 01:59 PM
what test do you have to take in order to get accepted...my aunt recently just ss there and i am trying to help her with achieving a higher education

David
06-25-2008, 08:09 PM
I have not been (obviously - I'm male) but Blinn's Bryan Campus is literally a few miles from FPC Bryan, and I wouldn't doubt that they offered a number of classes there.

Since this thread is a number of months old, could you update us with that information if you have it?

Thanks,
David

michellesatx
06-26-2008, 12:58 PM
Blinn offes certificaes i Small Business Mangemet, Entrepreneurship and medical transcription. The classes are a year and the last classes started in May. The also offer horticulture trough Aand M

flyingsouth
06-26-2008, 02:10 PM
My mom is a teacher at fpc bryan (an inmate teacher) and she teaches basic accounting.

David
07-03-2008, 05:19 PM
That is great to hear, Flyingsouth. She will probably make a difference in a lot of ladies lives. Tell her I said THANKS!

Does she also teach at the Bryan campus?

texasdial
08-31-2008, 12:30 AM
michellesatx...........you mentioned the certificate classes available from Blinn...I'm going to try for the medical transcription certificate when I get to Bryan...but how much does it cost? how does that part work?

michellesatx
09-17-2008, 09:38 PM
It doesnt cost anything.

luvmyjack
09-18-2008, 07:40 PM
The classes that you take from Blinn college do cost money. You would have to get somebody from the outside to send you the money. I am not sure of the cost on them. Horticulture and cosmo classes are paid for by the prison and other classes but the outside ones have a price. do some more searching or even call the college.

Not to confuse anybody but these are the classes that you take at the prison offered by blinn. this is not the working outside the prison at TX A&M, which is free.