View Full Version : Parole State to State

sunshine94134
03-19-2008, 11:20 PM
I was wondering if anyone had some advice for me in finding out the steps my friend should take to prepare for his parole meeting. He doesnt go before the board until next year but wants to start planning early. He is in Colorado but wants to move to Mass when if he is granted parole. He used to have family in colorado but they have all since moved out of state and his mother and aunt live here in Mass. I have gotten a few ideas from reading other posts but its so hard because each situation has little differences which im sure changes things especailly dealiing with a 2 state situation. I just read about making a packet to sent to the parole board a few months before i was wondering would we send them to both states parole boards? ahh there is so much to know!! Also would anyone know where I could get a sample of a letter written by friends and/or family because I am not sure what should be included in one. Thank you thank you for any input!

shiva65
03-20-2008, 08:57 AM
Sunshine.. i would start with a packet going to colorado first.. and than preparing for mass? the process could be lengthy.. Can you speak to anyone in the colorado.. parole office and ask?
ill try to get back to you a bit later.. good luck on the research..

WELCOME TO PTO.. and the MASS FORUM

sunshine94134
03-24-2008, 10:41 AM
I will be talking to him on the phone for the first time in 15 years in april as soon as I am added to the call list and hopfully he will be able to tell me if there is someone in colorado parole office that I could contact on his behelf to get information. From what he has told me so far it seems as if he just has to go through the normal parole motions in CO and then MA accepting him is almost like another seperate thing so it makes sense to send packets to CO first. Thanks so much for the response and anything you come across is appreciated. Time to get back to the great search for me though! :idea:

sunshine94134
03-28-2008, 11:17 AM
Does anyone know who I should contact in MASS about the things that they look for when they approve or deny someone for and interstate compact? I heard that the decision is based mostly on mass's decision since they will be the ones supervising his parole if its granted and not CO. :confused:

shiva65
03-28-2008, 12:24 PM
Sunshine, i would give them a call... ? the parole office in mass
and see what they say. I have no idea how that works.. its very confusing and baffling.. hoping someone who has experienced this can help~