View Full Version : If it's not one thing it's another!

Isadora
08-08-2002, 06:21 PM
Well now I have lost contact with my husband! I mean he hasn't called for 3 weeks, and I got only one letter last week, and none so far this week. Usually we have 3 phone calls a week and 3 letters a week, so this is bad. He hasn't called because there was a block put on the phone; but now that's off. Then they changed my area code so he had to put the new number on his list. But it seems like he should have gotten it back by now cause he put it on his list over 2 weeks ago. And I have no idea why he hasn't written all week! I got so worried I tried to call his counselor today but all I got was "All circuits are busy, please try your call again later" when I dialed the number to the prison. I got this all day long today. So by now I am highly irritated and worried. I have an uneasy feeling like something might be wrong. Just venting!

jnv512
08-08-2002, 06:25 PM
Well that's what we're here for. Just keep trying the facility. Maybe there's a problem with the phones. Are you far from it?

BillnDenise
08-08-2002, 06:27 PM
I think that every one of us goes through something like this at least once or twice. I don't have any sound advice for you except to try to be patient. I'm sure that you'll hear from him soon via mail or phone. I've been in your shoes where Billy hasn't called for days or I haven't gotten a letter. Sometimes when I don't get a letter all week, I may get 2 at the same time. I guess it all depends on when the prison sends out the mail...for us anyway.

Hugs to you,

Isadora
08-08-2002, 06:36 PM
Oh yes I'm far away, I'm 3 hours away from the facility. I know this happens to people all of the time and it has happened to me before too - but it never fails to DRIVE ME CRAZY!!!!!! Thanks for your support, I need it.

sherri13
08-08-2002, 06:53 PM
ISADORA-PATIENCE IS KEY-AND IT IS HARD TO HAVE IT! MOST ALL OF US CAN ATTEST TO THAT! HANG IN THERE AND THINK POSITIVE-EASIER SAID THAN DONE, I KNOW--DO WHAT YOU CAN, CALL THE FACILITY-WRITE HIM AND TELL HIM YOU'RE CONCERNED--I FEEL CERTAIN YOU WILL HEAR SOMETHING SOON-VENT ALL YOU WANT IN THE MEANTIME :) WE ARE HERE FOR YA!

B-Ray
08-08-2002, 07:06 PM
It took 3 weeks for me to know what was going on with the g/f, they moved her. Her last letter she wrote 7/30, post marked 8/2 and arrived 8/8. Geez, I wish I could do CA to FL in 3 hrs. ~BIG GRIN~

DavesLuv
08-08-2002, 08:47 PM
Hey Isadora,
Gosh, it must be in the air or something. I am also awaiting a phone call from my beloved inmate fiance'. He is allowed 300 minutes a month since he's in federal so I get at least a call every other day with a max of 15 minutes limit on the call.
He has only been in since 6/12/02 but these calls are my lifeline to him. Sometimes he is able to call every night for just a few minutes after the 9 pm count to say good night and Love you.
I haven't heard from him since Monday morning and have been worried sick. I also called the prison but got no answer to all of the ringing. I must have called 6 times today and let it ring a minimum of 30, yet no answer.
I feel your pain girlfriend and thanks for posting. I felt a little petty about posting what I thought was something so insignificant but found courage after I read yours.
I'm sure we will both hear from our loves soon and I will pray for that!
Take care,
Cheryl in Louisiana
PS I am about 4 hours away from the prison but will wait until my previously scheduled visit on 8/23/02 to drive up there. I'm trying not to overreact.

Isadora
08-09-2002, 01:50 AM
It's not petty at all when it's like you say your lifeline! It's extremely important! I hope you get your call soon. How nice that sometimes he can call you after 9pm count to say goodnight. My husband can only call at 9am during his yard. Well here's hoping we both get through tomorrow!

sherri13
08-09-2002, 07:31 AM
i've got my fingers crossed for you both!!

David
08-09-2002, 10:42 AM
Sounds like the phone system / lines at the instituation is having a problem if you can't get in either.

DavesLuv
08-09-2002, 11:48 AM
Thank you Sherry and Fedx, David.
I got a collect call from the prison an hour ago but when I pressed the #5 to accept we were cut off. D#@* It! These stupid prison phone systems are a pain in the butt!
I feel a little better 'cause I know he's alive and trying to contact me.
I appreciate your support and acceptance and the way ya'll say nothing is too petty to post. I guess I figure there are folks on PTO who have much more serious problems and I try to be considerate of them.
God Bless you for your good works at PTO.
Cheryl

Isadora
08-09-2002, 01:35 PM
Cheryl, If I didn't know better I would think my husband and your fiancee are in the same place! This morning my phone rang and when I picked it up it was a call from my husband. However when I pressed #1 to accept the charges it went dead and no one was there! He didn't call back! But anyway I feel like you, at least I know he's alive and trying to get through! Then when I checked the mail there was a letter from him that had been mailed on Monday but for some reason had taken 4 days to get to me!!! It explained all the problems he has been having trying to call me and not being able to. So Sherri you are right I have been being very impatient and it all worked out and he is ok!!!!! Thanks guys for listening!

Cameo
08-09-2002, 03:11 PM
Hi Isadora, Glad to see that at least your number is on his list. Since David let me be moderator of this frustrating yet lifeline to those of us who count on these calls, I'm going to be going full force on this! I'll post more about what I want to do in a new thread. But hang in there, if it happens again, let me know and I'll find out who the DOC contact person is for the prison phone system in your state and get it figured out. The same things happened to me with Virginia, until I contacted the person in charge of the phones in Virginia.
Keeping the fingers crossed for you!

Isadora
08-09-2002, 06:38 PM
Pamela that's awesome! In his letter my husband said the problem he's been having is that when he put the new # with the new area code on it on his list and it was approved; he tried to call me but it kept saying it wasn't a valid number. So he had to put the old area code & no. back on his list that he had deleted. Anyway he still hasn't gotten through so who knows. I will definitely let you know if we keep having problems. Thanks!

Cameo
08-09-2002, 08:51 PM
Isadora, who do you have, or who handles the Collect Calls for that facility...MCI, Sprint, AT&T etc..?
Let me know and I'll call and find out the name of the contact person for your state and/or facility!!!
Pamela

Isadora
08-09-2002, 10:10 PM
In June they changed from Sprint to Correctional Billing Services and that's when all the problems started!

Cameo
08-09-2002, 10:41 PM
I'll see what I can find out this weekend....Check back by Sunday night!! Post if you get to talk to him!!!

DavesLuv
08-09-2002, 11:07 PM
Hey Isadora,
Just want to give you an update. My fiance' did finally get through to me today and explained why he couldn't call for 4 days. Their phones were turned off in their unit because some of the inmates broke some rules and they punished the entire unit of approx. 200 men by turning off the phones.
I hope your husband gets to phone you soon. I know how comforting the sound of your loved one's voice can be to you.
Take care and I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed that the phone issue is resolved by tomorrow so you can speak to each other this weekend.
Hugs!
Cheryl

Isadora
08-10-2002, 09:17 AM
Hi Cheryl, I'm glad you finally got to talk to your fiance! That does sound like their mentality in there, punish everyone because a few people broke the rules. Well at least you know he's ok now! My husband finally did call and get through to me this morning! Only because he had the old phone number with the old area code put back on his list; the new one still doesn't work!! Anyway now he has both numbers on his list so we should be ok! He wrote to the Inspector about the problem with the new number. What a hassle, but I guess just part of what you have to put up with when you deal with the DOC.

Cameo
08-11-2002, 04:10 PM
Isadora, I'm so glad that you were able to talk to your husband today!! As a moderator for this forum, I going to post a sticky at the top of the thread in the next few days, I'd like you to check it out! My goal it to compile a list of contracted rates with the DOC for our members. With my research I should be able to post what the correct charges are and make sure each one of you are being charged the correct rate. My problems with MCI overcharging on the 15 min rate opened my eyes to this problem and the possibility of just how much it could be occuring all over. By compiling this list for the different member of our states, I'll have contact names and numbers and it'll make access easier... Just wanted to let you know that I was working on this and keep and eye out for it in the beginning of the thread!!

Pamela

witchlinblue
08-12-2002, 07:31 PM
which one is he in Isadora, I mean in Michigan right ? Im asking cause I got some problems suddenly going on too, with phone calls and letters and pictures disappearing. I had a call from some girl from Ohio today who claimed to be my guys', bunkie's, girlfriend (mouthful), she was there visiting today (in Michigan), she had a message for me that he was ok etc cause my BF cant call me for some reason right now and Im not very clear as to what, nor was she and that not to worry its not my fault and he misses me and loves me (WHAT IS NOT MY FAULT !!!?????). I had a big feeling for three days now that something is bad, just that lump in your gut feeling, I hope its just the phone system but its really got me worried. I had been thinking that they had a problem with the phone system cause we could easily talk a number of times each week up until the other day. Im so far away and I dont have anyway to get anyone a message to him, I dont even know who this girl was who phoned me from the states and her number didnt show up on call display. I just hope with all my heart he is ok, but I got this weird feeling really, especially that girl, she sounded like there was more, paranoia or instincts, who knows these days.
Ever have one of those days (Im sure we all have) where the tears just dont stop coming out, like they have been trying for weeks and suddenly there is no stopping them. Sorry just venting I guess, the old pressure pot can only be so stong,,but if someone knows of a problem with the collect call thing in Michigan, please let me know.

KelliKoz
08-12-2002, 07:54 PM
Hi Cheryl,

My husband is in Federal too, so I know about the minutes and how the words "This call is from a Federal Prison...." are music to the ears. Dom always calls when he says he will. However, sometimes, a money transfer is the issue, another time they were in lockdown due to a riot. So, just realize there are things beyond our control. If he has a buddy in the system, have him give your number to his g/f or wife. That way if he is ever put in the hole or anything you can get a call. Also get his Case Manager's name so you can call and get the scoop, but don't over use it. Hope this helps on the Federal side...witchinblue, it sounds like he was just trying to get a message through to someone, and she may not have all the details. At least you got some word, and try, try not to be paranoid. I have had major phone problems in Michigan, I just moved here. Keep the faith.

Kelli

witchlinblue
08-12-2002, 08:03 PM
He is in a state prison not a federal prison though, I suppose it all the same as far as what you said though. Thanks for the voice, its good to hear some grounding words. :)

Isadora
08-14-2002, 10:29 PM
Pamela, That's a great idea, thanks so much for your effort!Witchlinblue it sounds to me like he was just trying to get a message to you. But I know what you mean about your gut feelings about things! I'm like that too. It's so easy to get paranoid when you only know part of what's going on and can't do a reality check with your honey! So you just have to go on trust and faith alot of the time. Anyway the phones here in Mich. have been screwed up lately, at least where my husband is if that's any comfort.