View Full Version : Need Anwers About My Bf's Sentence...

MP'S WIFE
03-17-2008, 08:11 AM
i have a few questions regarding my mans sentencing, first off right now he is Macdougall-walker, they are offering 13 yrs. suspended after 6...my questions are 1: does he serve 85% of the 6 or the whole 6? 2: when is he likely to be eligible for parole/probation/halfway house? and 3: will he get transferred to another prison after he is sentenced? (right now he is walker)... that's it for now, i cant think of the others right now..:)

Mz.Lady
04-04-2008, 06:39 AM
Kinda sucks that you havn't gotten any response : (
I would like to know the same thing. What exactly does a sentence of say 15 years, executable or suspended after 10 years mean? I have the exact same question.. when would he get out?? How does parole work with those sentences? -
My friend is in the same position currently. If you have found anything else out, please share!
Stay strong!

fieryvixenqd
04-04-2008, 10:36 AM
i have a few questions regarding my mans sentencing, first off right now he is Macdougall-walker, they are offering 13 yrs. suspended after 6...my questions are 1: does he serve 85% of the 6 or the whole 6? 2: when is he likely to be eligible for parole/probation/halfway house? and 3: will he get transferred to another prison after he is sentenced? (right now he is walker)... that's it for now, i cant think of the others right now..:)

He would serve 85% of the 6 years and be eligible for parole after that 85%. You are eligible for a halfway house 18 months prior to your max out date, really that's good for short sentences cause you can go to a halfway house before you're eligible for parole. 5 years or more, you'll hit parole first. Really the suspended time is just a way for them to own you for longer. You're on probation until your suspended time is up basically. If you screw up when you get out, they can sentence you to the rest if they feel like it. Not always though...I have 5 years suspended hanging and when I got in trouble a few years ago they let me slide.

Generally Walker is a maximum. Some high risk prisoners stay there but mostly they get transferred after they are sentenced. Often they are just in maximum cause there bond is high. My boyfriend was there before he got sentenced because he had a high bond but right after he got sentenced, his level dropped and they transferred him.

Hope this helps you ladies...if you have any more questions, I'd be happy to answer. Sadly this is one topic I know quite a bit about from my wilder days.

longwait
06-27-2008, 04:01 AM
Help me out please just to make sure I have this straight. A 9 year sentence suspended after 3 years with 6 years probation. That means 3 years "max out date" and at least 85% of the 3 years has to be served? Right?

At the 85% mark (of 3 years) he will be eligible for parole. But, prior to the 85% date he can be eligible to try for halfway house to finish out his last 18 months right?

So am I correct to believe that in a 3 year sentence, 18 months prior to that 3 year max date he can try for halfway house?

Thanks very much if you can answer for me!

He would serve 85% of the 6 years and be eligible for parole after that 85%. You are eligible for a halfway house 18 months prior to your max out date, really that's good for short sentences cause you can go to a halfway house before you're eligible for parole. 5 years or more, you'll hit parole first. Really the suspended time is just a way for them to own you for longer. You're on probation until your suspended time is up basically. If you screw up when you get out, they can sentence you to the rest if they feel like it. Not always though...I have 5 years suspended hanging and when I got in trouble a few years ago they let me slide.

Generally Walker is a maximum. Some high risk prisoners stay there but mostly they get transferred after they are sentenced. Often they are just in maximum cause there bond is high. My boyfriend was there before he got sentenced because he had a high bond but right after he got sentenced, his level dropped and they transferred him.

Hope this helps you ladies...if you have any more questions, I'd be happy to answer. Sadly this is one topic I know quite a bit about from my wilder days.

cynthiaamarie
07-11-2008, 03:15 PM
honestly i'm really not sure.

i was under the impression, of your sentence (actual sentence) you HAVE to serve 85% of that..example, 2 years would be 20 months. They can't keep you in there longer than that (well technically they can, if you screw up, but if you are good...and that's your only sentence.)

As far as the 9 year sentence, suspended after 3, 6 years probabtion (i'm not absolutley sure..but..) I think that means you HAVE to do 85% of the 9 years. Youre elligible for parole after 3 (good term) and you have to do 6 years probation. so reading that, i'm thinking he\she definitley won't be in there after 85% of 9 years, however, if they are good and get accepted for parole\halfway house\etc you can get out in 3...????

sorry i might have just confused myself more.

Lonelyhearts
07-11-2008, 05:31 PM
Hello everyone
I have the same questions also. Mine was sentenced 7 years, Execution Suspended after 2 years,probation 5 years. On the DOC his MAX is 2 yrs no extra days and no parole. His 85% is in Sept of this year(2008) on the 2 yr max date. Am I correct ,or does it go to the 7 yr sentence? He has been told by his couselor that it is in Sept. but we are not real sure. His 18 month is next month (Augs) but is not elligble for a half way house because he was living in the Midwest and not living in Connecticut. I just don't trust the system and not really sure if he gets to get out in Sept. Does anyone know or can help us all out with this. Will his 85% be in Sept.?
Also here is the law term for EXECUTION Suspended: A prison sentence that is suspended in whole or in part provided certain conditions of probation or CONDITIONAL DISCHARGE are met by the defendent.
CONDITIONAL DISCHARGE: a disposition in criminal cases, where the defendent must satisfy certain court order conditions instead of prison term.
I will let others know when I know more. Or maybe some one will come along and help us out with the answers.

MarquicesWife
07-15-2008, 11:46 AM
Yes the 85% goes off of the suspended sentence time not the original time...

longwait
07-15-2008, 07:06 PM
I checked it out with the attorney because I also don't trust DOC to get it right. In your case he would be eligible for parole (RELEASE) in September since that is 85% of the 2 years max. The counselors should've already helped him apply for parole in advance of September.

The suspended part of the sentence (5 years) means the period of his sentence that he's on probation, not parole. So if all goes well September = parole (RELEASE conditional) and at the end of parole (whenever the original 2 year max date would be) he then gets off parole and on probation.

That's how I understand it at least.

Hello everyone
I have the same questions also. Mine was sentenced 7 years, Execution Suspended after 2 years,probation 5 years. On the DOC his MAX is 2 yrs no extra days and no parole. His 85% is in Sept of this year(2008) on the 2 yr max date. Am I correct ,or does it go to the 7 yr sentence? He has been told by his couselor that it is in Sept. but we are not real sure. His 18 month is next month (Augs) but is not elligble for a half way house because he was living in the Midwest and not living in Connecticut. I just don't trust the system and not really sure if he gets to get out in Sept. Does anyone know or can help us all out with this. Will his 85% be in Sept.?
Also here is the law term for EXECUTION Suspended: A prison sentence that is suspended in whole or in part provided certain conditions of probation or CONDITIONAL DISCHARGE are met by the defendent.
CONDITIONAL DISCHARGE: a disposition in criminal cases, where the defendent must satisfy certain court order conditions instead of prison term.
I will let others know when I know more. Or maybe some one will come along and help us out with the answers.