View Full Version : Strange inmate foods? - put 'em here

Nowheretoturn
03-16-2008, 09:10 AM
Since your loved one has been incarcerated, what is the strangest thing you have heard him eat?

When my husband was in county jail, he used to take Ramen noodle packs, take the powdered seasoning out and mix it with water to make a drink. He would drink that while munching on the uncooked Ramen noodles.

reaper07
03-16-2008, 12:18 PM
This is pretty weird but funny. :D Drinking it is understandable but the uncooked noodles?! :D Gotta try it. :D

I haven't heard about strange foods yet. :D

Chadschicken2
03-16-2008, 03:03 PM
using the season pkt mixed with sugar out of ramen noodles on popcorn

mix ramen noodles, dorritos, chili, hot cheese sauce, beef jerky, hot pickles, leftovers from the meal like beans, ground beef, chicken, ect to make nasty prison burritos

melt a reese cup on a honey bun for extra gooey goodness

fruit to make wine

corn meal/ corn to make liquor

deadliestformul
03-16-2008, 04:13 PM
Prison Pizza----

Ramen noodles and crackers (crunched up) in a trash bag with hot water....molded into a crust....topped with cheese spread, summer sausage, salsa, and whatever they can throw on it.

My sweetie made this for me once. He says pick up this stuff (and hands me a list) so I can cook YOU dinner. I did. When Saturday night rolled around, I thought he was gonna clean up first because he asked for a trash bag. I was skeptical but it was good....

DLM
03-17-2008, 03:39 PM
Here's a thread about Prison Cooking (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150289) with all kinds of different 'recipes':D !

ThatOneChick
03-17-2008, 05:59 PM
Ew yeah my man eats the Ramen Noodle pizza too. When he described it it was pretty much a bunch of garbage thrown on a noodle crust. The worst part was ranch dressing put on there. Ew gross. Doritos and ranch, noodles, ew I can't remember all the nastieness but it was a lot of other crap. Ew.

MissingMike87
03-17-2008, 10:06 PM
lol nowwheretoturn that is disgusting but funny. my man eats the ramen noodles pizza as well and he puts them in a ziploc bag then once its done he grabs a bag of chips and mix it up with the ramen noodles...which I think is nasty. he also said they slap a thin piece of soy meat on bread but its nasty.

pinkybaby7
03-17-2008, 10:15 PM
eww eww ewww sorry but this made my stomach hurt and make me want to puke reading this!! i havent heard any weird foods! and i dont think i want to! well he told me how they make beer or whatever it sounded pretty sick! ewwww

Nowheretoturn
03-18-2008, 11:53 AM
:yuck:

mhisz.chadwick
03-19-2008, 04:40 PM
my fiance has told me alot about what they "cook out" in there haha. he would write or call me saying "baby we cooked out again today" he would make the prison burrito and a steak cake. ewww. its honey buns, packaged chicken and steak, reese cups and snicker bars and water =/

tands
03-19-2008, 11:00 PM
Jennifer you crack me up...steak cake ewww!!! My man wrote me today he had a burrito, but I have no idea if it was jail food, or if the inmates cooked it. He has told me he likes to make mocha coffee with the hot cocoa and coffee, and something like a fruit juice or a soda drink made with the hard candies.

Nowheretoturn
03-21-2008, 05:22 PM
my fiance has told me alot about what they "cook out" in there haha. he would write or call me saying "baby we cooked out again today" he would make the prison burrito and a steak cake. ewww. its honey buns, packaged chicken and steak, reese cups and snicker bars and water =/

yuckkkk. Maybe I shouldn't have asked this?!? :D

new2this
03-22-2008, 09:28 PM
Lol...its funny what our loved ones actually are doing with their food in there. My husband told me at our last visit that he was makeing "cakes" for everyone. When the guys go to commissary they get their supplies and then wait their turn for my husband to make them their "brownie cakes." He also tells me about their "tuna pizzas."
Sounds really gross but they all pitch in and all share.
he also drinks coffee with a "shot" of cocoa or something like that.

DLM
04-02-2008, 04:02 PM
There's a Prison Cooking (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3519741#post3519741) sticky at the top of the page with all kinds of recipes.

Luke101
05-04-2008, 12:16 PM
When I got taken to San Barnodino county jail the server gave us some jail house pudding!! When you shake the tray the pudding did'nt move. I never ate any of it and always thought what was in it.

classycrazy
05-21-2008, 04:58 PM
I've discovered a way to make cinnomon raisin bread, using a honey bun and a box of raisins. I made him an apple pie a couple of years ago, using 2 iced cinnamon buns, apple juice, and an apple I sliced with a spork (little did I know he hates apple pie! grrrr!). He makes me a delicious terryaki chiecken using ramen noodles, BBQ chicken wings, and a coke. A simple one is the mocha, 2 coffee packets, and a hot cocoa. And yes, I have heard many of those "Cook Out" stories. I worry! lol!

Rena
05-21-2008, 10:10 PM
Mine told me they make tamales out of crushed tortilla chips & roast beef. And Chinese by taking chicken and marinating it in KoolAide and jalapeno juice for the sweet & sour sauce.
YUCK! He is NOT allowed to step foot in the kitchen when he comes home.

treesrblue
05-23-2008, 06:56 AM
g'day
i was just wondering, are ramen noodles those dry 2 minute noodles?