View Full Version : Help Wanted - Farquhar Visitation & Other Info

Lysbeth
03-14-2008, 10:34 AM
Hello Farquhar families & loved ones!

We could use your help in getting some updated info on visitation and other information on this facility.

As you have probably noticed, at this time we literally have nothing but contact info - the prison's address, phone number, and warden's name - in our sticky for this facility.

What we would LIKE to have for this facility someday soon is something along the lines of this sticky for St. Clair:

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182547

... especially specifically:

- Visitation Hours (or a general idea of how their schedule runs)

- Visitation Rules (especially if there are some major differences from what you see there at St. Clair)

- Whether or not they have a segregation unit ("the hole")

- Rules for inbound and outbound mail (limits on pages of letter, envelopes, pics, etc., and how mail to the inmate should be addressed)

- What can be sent in or out through the mail (especially books, paper, envelopes, pens, etc.)

- Can they have stamps sent in, and how many and how often

- Whether there's any difference in the procedure for sending money orders in

- And any other info you think would be helpful along all these same lines.

Pretty much most of the rest, like general stats about the prison, we have access to, but we could really use your help in getting some information together for this facility much like the one in the link above to St. Clair.

So please let us know if things are pretty much the same at your facility, or if there's differences and what they are. Feel free to just add to this post as needed if you can help!

Thank you!

ramaLeigh
05-25-2009, 06:50 PM
The cattle ranch was the best place mine could have been. The visitation is from 8 AM to 2:45 PM every Sunday. They only have to go in at noon for count. You can bring whatever you want to eat. You can even cook there. They have a few BBQ grills, or you can bring your own. It would be a good place to take your kids to see their father. They can run around outside and play all day long. The hardest part is leaving (of Course). It is the closest thing to home they could ever ask for.

lethacharlton
03-24-2010, 11:29 PM
I'm so glad that you posted this! My son hasn't got to see his daddy in 2 years. He just got approved to move from Limestone to a honor camp and I am searching for information! He meets with the warden in the morning & he gets to suggest 2 places that he would like to go!

Thanks!

lovinmyhubby22
11-12-2011, 09:44 PM
This is the best place to go see your love one there's nobody there standing over u n watch ur every move its really laid bk n the ppl are very nice whn u do see them lol. But u can bring food n u can cook out there also you can also bring ur love one stuff to take bk in bc I went to walmart n got my hubby alot of snacks.I love dis place wish my hubby could stay here bc we could kiss & hug allday long without gettin fussed at lol n its really pretty up there. Hands down best prison ever...

lisainengland
11-13-2011, 06:38 AM
Thanks for letting us know what its like and congratulations on a brilliant visit :D

vanhelton
11-23-2011, 09:52 PM
Wow, this is awesome to hear...My husband just got moved here yesterday and I am so glad!!!