View Full Version : Henderson East Texas Unit? ISF? Texas Prison

blackrockduo
03-13-2008, 11:39 PM
Okay... freaking out once again. I just got a letter from my boyfriend. They told him last week they were sending him to Hamilton to do a DWI class. They took him to the walls and then to Hamilton, then told him that wasn't where the DWI class was- that it was in the "Henderson Unit". No Henderson Unit listed on TDC website- but there IS an "Intermediate Sanction Facility (ISF)" in Henderson, TX. My boyfriend said it's new and designed especially for DWI's. Has anyone heard of this? Have someone who's there?

In the dark,
Marie

Tracy
03-14-2008, 06:12 AM
Hey Marie... I sure don't know but someone will. If it is true, that would be good information to be able to pass on to someone else.

I hope your boyfriend is doing well and will get settled where he needs to be soon!

smallngood
03-14-2008, 08:38 AM
There is an ISF unit, (small one but really clean) in Henderson- -it was set up for all addicts- -DWI or drugs.
Good program for any of them to do.
Hope this helps.

RobinsMan
03-14-2008, 10:29 AM
It is listed in the TDCJ Unit Directory (http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/stat/unitdirectory/all.htm) as East Texas down at the bottom under Parole Confinement Facilities. It is shown as a small 300 bid facility but apparently there is a new contract with MTC (http://www.mtctrains.com/news/easttexas_2.php) and they broke ground in late 2006 or early 2007 to increase capacity to 1160. I can't tell if the new capacity is operational yet.

Ok, looks like they are speculating that they may be operational by July, according to a press release about job opportunities. Anyone wanna work for MTC at Henderson ISF?

blackrockduo
03-14-2008, 09:14 PM
Thanks so much for the help! I looked at the East Texas ISF info on the website and it said the new unit opened March 2007 so I'm assuming the new section is online. I'll let you all know more information when my boyfriend gets up there because I'm sure there will be more with the same questions.

Smallngood- do you know how long their DWI program is?

I just found out today that the Gatesville Board will still be the ones voting on him so I'm not expecting anything less than 6 months... I just have to keep telling myself I can do this!

boocaw
06-11-2008, 01:49 PM
hey Marie,
My boyfriend is in the ETTF right now and I am also having a hard time finding out anything about the place. I know he has started his program on May 23,2008 and its a six month program, so he should be done with his program on Nov. 23,2008. By that time he should have seen parole once again and we are hoping and praying this will be hearing he gets paroled. He saw parole board last Nov and did not make it. I was a really big let down for us. We keep taking one day at a time and have resolved our selfs to being together once again when God decides the time is right. Keep your chin up and things will get there one slow day at a time. I know I want my baby back home real soon. It has been 18 months since we have been together, and now he is so far away I don't know if I will be able to afford to go and see him there.

babycakes13
07-14-2008, 12:34 PM
my boyfriend just got sent to the East Texas ISF unit. He is supposed to do the SAFP program. Does anybody know any information on the program?

tabu71
08-11-2008, 05:16 PM
my boyfriend also just got there for safp . i really dont know anything yet . if you have found out anything by now . please let me know what to expect . he arrived there on aug. 8 thank you

Lorie zMoore
05-18-2010, 10:04 AM
I notice these posts are 2 years old, but my son just got put in the east texas unit in henderson, tx. Can anybody tell me anything about it, when can we see him? ANYTHING?

lanawifey
05-18-2010, 09:13 PM
I notice these posts are 2 years old, but my son just got put in the east texas unit in henderson, tx. Can anybody tell me anything about it, when can we see him? ANYTHING?

He has to put u on the visitation list, visitation will be contact. My husband just got sent there for the isf program 2 weeks ago. I am going this weekend to see him. He is suppose to be home next month God-willing!.