View Full Version : Prison transfers for no reason?

hunnydust
03-13-2008, 01:57 PM
Hi all,

Just a quick question? Is an inmate usually given a REASON why they're transferred to a new place? Just curious, because a couple of months ago my fiance was transferred from LAC to Northpoint. When I asked him why, the only thing he told me was that "A bunch of guys were causing trouble, so they tranferred us." and, according to him, he was just unlucky, and got the transfer, too, and he doesn't know WHY? I'm not entirely sure I believe him, even tho I've asked him a couple times, and he says he doesn't know. Is it POSSIBLE he just got tranferred without being given a specific reason?

Thanks!

Maya2007
03-13-2008, 02:12 PM
Yes I think so.... sorta happened to my man not long ago. I think its because I live in the same town he was incarated and they felt it was wise to transfer him eventhough the reason they gave him they don't have evidence of ....They did get the chance to transfer him 3 hours away from me... It seems like these prison official can do whatever they like without given any reason to but then again... life was not given these inmates luxury of anything because of their crimes... I could go on and on about this ...

rosedealer
03-13-2008, 07:03 PM
hunnydust--- they do move them for no reason. but some of them dont tell the whole truth either but he may have been moved by being unlucky no telling. but hang in there things will be fine. they like to move them around and it seems like they move them far away from family which is not right but they do it.

maya-----it does happen. and i am sorry it happened to you. but hang in there in 6 months he can put in for a move back if possible.

hunnydust
03-13-2008, 07:10 PM
Thanks for your responses - most appreciated :) I feel kinda bad for not believing him, but it wouldn't be the first time he's been in trouble and told me he had no idea why. I thought that maybe he just didn't wanna tell me what was up, being as I'm already still a little mad at him for screwing up and getting a deferral.
But, I DO feel better! He only has 8 months left, and I'm TRYING to preach to him to just behave so he can be OUT! Fortunately, for me anyways, I don't think it was a matter of moving him farther from ME, since I'm in California. He's actually CLOSER to his family now.
Here's to hoping he'll just BEHAVE!!

Thanks all! :)

rosedealer
03-14-2008, 05:58 PM
hunnydust----yes that close to his out date he would be moved and don't be surprised if he gets moved again before he does come out. the closer he gets to his out date he will be moved to a halfway house if his status has been dropped more. one of the halfway houses he could be moved to is louisville or to Marshall County Dentention Center. they are working facilities that the prisoner is allowed to go out and work when picked up and returned to the facility. good luck with everything