View Full Version : Does anyone know...if I can send a letter through overnight mail?

Dawn78
03-10-2008, 09:10 PM
If I can send a letter through the overnight mail?

TIA4TWO
03-10-2008, 09:19 PM
Sure you can, but there is no guarantee that the mailroom staff will give it to him ASAP, but if you need to get word to your loved on right away, then it's worth a try!

Good luck:thumbsup: If I can send a letter through the overnight mail?

TIA4TWO
03-10-2008, 09:23 PM
Also, you would want to send the letter to the physical address and not the PO Box.

Good luck :thumbsup: If I can send a letter through the overnight mail?

Dawn78
03-10-2008, 09:35 PM
Do you know the physical address? And would I put the cdc # on the physical address? Thank you for your response!

TIA4TWO
03-10-2008, 09:52 PM
Dang girl, you makin' me work on this one:D

Here is the physical address:

The Physical Address for CAL is:

Calipatria State Prison
7018 Blair Road
Calipatria, CA 92233

I would address the envelope or whatever you have to fill out to send it overnight like this:

Calipatria State Prison
c/o John Smith CDC#/Housing Info
7018 Blair Road
Calipatria, CA 92233

Main Number: (760) 348-7000

:thumbsup: Options available when dialing the main number:

Option 1: Inmate Visiting Information
Option 2: Inmate Services **

(option 2 additional menu)

Option 1: Medical
Option 2: Religion
Option 3: Education
Option 4: Inmate Mail
Option 5: Inmate Records
Option 6: To speak with an inmate's counselor (during normal business hours)
Option 7: To speak with an inmates's counselor (after business hours, on Saturdays, Sundays, and on holidays)

This way if you send it overnight, you can call the prison the next day and speak with someone in the mailroom to let them know that you sent an overnight letter and ask VERY NICELY if they could give it to him that day:rolleyes: I hope this helps
Do you know the physical address? And would I put the cdc # on the physical address? Thank you for your response!

TIA4TWO
03-10-2008, 09:54 PM
YES - You must put his CDC Number on ALL correspondence because they won't try and look for it, they will send it back to you! If you have his housing info be sure to put that on there as wellDo you know the physical address? And would I put the cdc # on the physical address? Thank you for your response!

Dawn78
03-10-2008, 10:03 PM
Thank you so so much!

TIA4TWO
03-10-2008, 11:22 PM
You're very welcome!:thumbsup: Thank you so so much!

eroom218
03-11-2008, 08:42 PM
I just want to say, Tia, it is very nice of you to help, Dawn, the way you have. GOD is smiling over you. All of you are so helpful. i just needed to say that.

Dawn78
03-11-2008, 09:18 PM
And I have to second that! I do not know what I would do if I would have not stumbled on this site! No one I know can help me. Thank all of you!

TIA4TWO
03-11-2008, 11:10 PM
Awwwwww:grouphug: Really, it was my pleasure. That's exactly what PTO is about! I'm glad that I was able to help and hopefully your message gets to your loved one ASAP.

EDSGIRLYGURL
03-16-2008, 11:16 AM
Good Job....:thumbsup: You did work really HARD!!!!;) ....
That's awesome. They should make that into a sticky...under Calipatria's Guide.....

Dang girl, you makin' me work on this one:D

Here is the physical address:

The Physical Address for CAL is:

Calipatria State Prison
7018 Blair Road
Calipatria, CA 92233

I would address the envelope or whatever you have to fill out to send it overnight like this:

Calipatria State Prison
c/o John Smith CDC#/Housing Info
7018 Blair Road
Calipatria, CA 92233

Main Number: (760) 348-7000

:thumbsup: Options available when dialing the main number:

Option 1: Inmate Visiting Information
Option 2: Inmate Services **

(option 2 additional menu)

Option 1: Medical
Option 2: Religion
Option 3: Education

Option 4: Inmate Mail

Option 5: Inmate Records
Option 6: To speak with an inmate's counselor (during normal business hours)
Option 7: To speak with an inmates's counselor (after business hours, on Saturdays, Sundays, and on holidays)

This way if you send it overnight, you can call the prison the next day and speak with someone in the mailroom to let them know that you sent an overnight letter and ask VERY NICELY if they could give it to him that day:rolleyes: I hope this helps