View Full Version : Mass Jail/Reside in NH

phillysgrl
03-01-2008, 11:28 AM
My fiance is in a Mass. Jail... 2 yr sentence , eligible for parole after a year. Will he have prolems still being able to get paroled if his residence is in another state? I read up on the Interstate Compact. Does Mass participate? If so, will there be more paperwork, thus red tape and prolong his release? Any suggestions?

takenmomof3
03-02-2008, 05:21 PM
Don't quote me, I'm new at this too, but I"ve asked this question because my man is in another state and I wanted to know if he'd get paroled to me. AS far as I know, they will check out the address he's requesting to be paroled to, if that address suits them then you have to have a travel plan on getting him to you, he will have to have all the paperwork done and ready for the transfer. Yes its a lot of red tape, legal stuff to go through, it might even make it take a little longer.
You might try posting this question in the legal forum for a better answer or in your states forum.

walkintall
03-03-2008, 04:48 AM
while i'm not going to say it's impossible but i don't believe he can. what i've heard of people doing is getting paroled and THEN requesting a transfer out of the state once they are out. even then it's a process. you just can't move to a state, have to prove you have familly there ect. i've never heard of anyone getting paroled directly to another state tho. perhaps you can call ma. legal services? they are free and can offer you some free advice.

ISAAC'S QUEEN
03-04-2008, 05:20 PM
When someone has parole in a state they usually have to remain there. I have a brother in law that has probation in Rhode Island and lives in Ma but he had to get permission prior, but at the same time probation is not the same as parole.

Good luck!

phillysgrl
04-02-2008, 08:15 PM
Well, an update...he should be out on bail....on or about May 5th from BHOC in Mass. for THIS case(OUI) but it turns out he has not yet been sentenced for his other case. It will come up in July so at that time we will know if he gets the 2yrs, eligible for paraole after a yr. (it didnt go concurrently as we thought it would) soooooooo we still need to find out if from mAY 5TH TILL THE COURT DATE IN jULY if he can come back home here in NH. This is his residence so can't he be allowed to come back to his house? or do we have to move to Mass while he's on bail so he can be out during this interim time. I think he'll have a bracelet but I don't they are set up for out of state, but this IS is home.
What does anyone with this particular situation suggest? Who should we or his lawyer contact?

Mr. G.
04-03-2008, 11:36 AM
PHILLSGRL.....I know for a FACT, that YES he can parole to NH. I am only living in Methuen b/c no one is allowed to bracelet out of state. I will be paroling to Salem, NH.

Furthermore, while at Middleton and the Farm, I saw numerous guys parole out of state to Cali, Fla, NH, Maine and Delaware. I am living proof and saw it myself. YES he can parole to NH.

It all revolves around the house he is paroling to, whether or not NH will accept, based on his previous record and some other minor things. But, overall, YES, it is allowed. And there SHOULDN'T be too much more work involved and it really shouldn't have an effect on being released on time. I say SHOULDN'T b/c it may, it's just very highly unlikely. Mass is so overcrowded, that anyone that can be paroled or braceleted, is so and in a hurry.

phillysgrl
04-03-2008, 11:53 AM
ok that sounds positive.....BUT when he gets out it, it on bail because of a pending case coming up in July...the last was an oui that was very fightable but didnt(thought the cases were going to run concurrent) ..the upcoming is is case where he got into an accident , the passenger flew out passenger door, dying instantly on impact so we think it will either be veh homocide or negligant homocide...dont know yet (hope the latter).sooooooo is that considered PAROLE if one has an upcoming case?
and do you think it could still happen for him.....this is his only stuff at all and he is 47!
thx
stressed,
patty

Mr. G.
04-04-2008, 02:33 PM
Well, from what I have heard, plenty of times, is that Parole is basically just a strict probabtion. As far as having an upcoming case, I'm not sure. To be totally honest, they don't release people with open warrants. One thing they check for when releasing on bracelet and/or parole is for open warrants. If you have ANY open warrents anywhere, forget it. Your staying in jail. As for open cases, I think it's ok. Put it this way. Let's say you have 2 cases, 1 you just got sentenced for. Your getting released tomorrow and still have an open case. That shouldn't matter b/c the time you just spent in jail is NOT for the 2nd case, but the 1st one. You have to be sentenced to a charge(s) to spend time in jail. They can't just hold you b/c you have an open case. As long as the bail was paid on the open case, if there was a bail, then they have to release him. The only way they can keep him, is if the open case has a NO BAIL hold. Does this help? Make any sense?

christinelavita
02-12-2009, 09:05 PM
My fiance is in a Mass. Jail... 2 yr sentence , eligible for parole after a year. Will he have prolems still being able to get paroled if his residence is in another state? I read up on the Interstate Compact. Does Mass participate? If so, will there be more paperwork, thus red tape and prolong his release? Any suggestions?

he can do interstate compact to familty and wife it takes 45 days for
other state to respond

christinelavita
02-13-2009, 09:36 AM
ok that sounds positive.....BUT when he gets out it, it on bail because of a pending case coming up in July...the last was an oui that was very fightable but didnt(thought the cases were going to run concurrent) ..the upcoming is is case where he got into an accident , the passenger flew out passenger door, dying instantly on impact so we think it will either be veh homocide or negligant homocide...dont know yet (hope the latter).sooooooo is that considered PAROLE if one has an upcoming case?
and do you think it could still happen for him.....this is his only stuff at all and he is 47!
thx
stressed,
patty
no one gets paroled untill open case is solved sorry my son had a little open case and had to be tried and sentenced parole wont even meet with you if you have a open case,nor can someone with a open case get visit approval with out clearing it first,iterstate transferred are allowed to wifes
and family members which is called a mandatory release and the other state is obligaterd to take him.if he has a braclet he has to have a phone line so the state can do random calls and know if he isnt home when he is surpose to be.he will not be getting bail if he wasnt locked up before the
case the yha he could be bailed waiting the case and his is a lot more serious,where someone died i would make sure he has a good lawyer.
sorry this isnt what you want to hear but its the truth.if you want him to live with you and get transferred to you you need to marry him, transfers take 45 days only to be approved some say it takes a long time but that isnt true hope this helped you in some way