View Full Version : Bossier Parish phone question

wishful one
02-26-2008, 12:00 PM
I need to find out. If there is a cheaper way to recieve calls from Bossier Parish. Other than using City Tele Coin?

cls7779
04-01-2008, 11:00 PM
i think you may be able to put money in his account, but it'll probably cost about the same. I am going thru the same thing right now, feel like i'll go crazy not being able to talk to him and know what's going on. Citi telecoin costs alot, but to me it's worth it....just ry and limit the calls as much as you can, make a set time to talk, maybe twice a week or something.

Carmadelle
01-12-2009, 07:55 PM
i think you may be able to put money in his account, but it'll probably cost about the same. I am going thru the same thing right now, feel like i'll go crazy not being able to talk to him and know what's going on. Citi telecoin costs alot, but to me it's worth it....just ry and limit the calls as much as you can, make a set time to talk, maybe twice a week or something.
actually city telecoin has a direct pay thing that is alot cheaper than the direct collect calls you set up an account for a min of $30 but its like $1.31 for the first 5 min and .50 for every 5 min after that. which isnt all that bad. http://www.citytelecoin.com/payments.cfm you set up an account for the phone number you want the inmate to call they can only call that number to use the minutes but its cheaper than collect. Im setting my baby up an account as soon as i get paid. i can't get collect calls and he only gets 15 min a day on the phone this way it will cost about $2.31 a day and he can call and tell me and the kids goodnight each night..... not a bad price to hear his voice tell me goodnight and he loves me.

cls7779
01-12-2009, 09:37 PM
WOW! They must've changed stuff since I last used them in July....I can say that they were always extremely nice though!

Carmadelle
01-12-2009, 09:52 PM
WOW! They must've changed stuff since I last used them in July....I can say that they were always extremely nice though!
the guy said it was a $30 minimum and it was $1.31 for the first 5 min and .50 for every 5 min after that. so for 15 min it will only cost me 2.31..... and i can set it up money gram, western union, debit, credit or through the mail

Carmadelle
01-12-2009, 10:06 PM
well come to find out its only that cheap for me because my number is a local number for the jail my man is at...
for instate long distance its $2.20connect fee and $0.25a min for out of state long distance its $7.05connect and $0.75 a min.... guess im just lucky he is local right now.

Lil Johns queen
07-05-2011, 03:53 AM
yea that it the same company i use my husband is at bossier medium where is ya'll at

4realbouthim
08-12-2011, 11:38 PM
Get a local area code.you can even get a 20 prepaid tmobile cell and set it up with a 318 area code. Then set up telecoin service with your pre paid account.you will be charged as if it was a local call. Worked for me when my husband was at bossier med and bossier max

Lil Johns queen
08-13-2011, 12:58 AM
Get a local area code.you can even get a 20 prepaid tmobile cell and set it up with a 318 area code. Then set up telecoin service with your pre paid account.you will be charged as if it was a local call. Worked for me when my husband was at bossier med and bossier max

hey realbouthim my man is at the bossier medium now is your man still there if so what dorm mine is in d dorm

rachelb13
09-21-2012, 04:28 PM
I know it's been a while since anyone posted on this, but I really need some help. I bought a prepaid cell phone with a 318 area code so I could receive cheaper calls from my husband who is in Bossier Sheriff Medium. Whenever I called CityTeleCoin to set up a new account for the prepaid, the woman told me that my phone number was still long distance. My new number is (318)-489-xxxx. I'm guessing the prefix, (the 3 numbers after the area code) is what is making this a long distance number, although I don't understand how, I thought the area code is what makes it local or long distance. Whenever I set up the phone, though, I gave them the 71064 area code and told them Plain Dealing, LA (which is where the facility is located), so that is the number they gave me. I looked up the prefix for Plain Dealing and the internet told me it's 326, but when I called AT&T, the guy told me either 489 or 519. CityTeleCoin can't tell me any rates until my husband calls the number, so they can't (or won't) tell me what prefixes would make my phone number local to my husband. I am so frustrated over this and I really don't know what to do! If there are any of you who have or had a loved one in Bossier Sheriff Medium and received local calling through CityTeleCoin, can you PLEASE tell me what prefix I need!

LifeTraveler
09-21-2012, 06:59 PM
I know it's been a while since anyone posted on this, but I really need some help. I bought a prepaid cell phone with a 318 area code so I could receive cheaper calls from my husband who is in Bossier Sheriff Medium. Whenever I called CityTeleCoin to set up a new account for the prepaid, the woman told me that my phone number was still long distance. My new number is (318)-489-xxxx. I'm guessing the prefix, (the 3 numbers after the area code) is what is making this a long distance number, although I don't understand how, I thought the area code is what makes it local or long distance. Whenever I set up the phone, though, I gave them the 71064 area code and told them Plain Dealing, LA (which is where the facility is located), so that is the number they gave me. I looked up the prefix for Plain Dealing and the internet told me it's 326, but when I called AT&T, the guy told me either 489 or 519. CityTeleCoin can't tell me any rates until my husband calls the number, so they can't (or won't) tell me what prefixes would make my phone number local to my husband. I am so frustrated over this and I really don't know what to do! If there are any of you who have or had a loved one in Bossier Sheriff Medium and received local calling through CityTeleCoin, can you PLEASE tell me what prefix I need!

You're probably right. It is probably the three digits after the area code that is making it long distance. However, your carrier may not have those numbers available. You may have to check with another cell phone carrier.

rachelb13
09-21-2012, 11:06 PM
You're probably right. It is probably the three digits after the area code that is making it long distance. However, your carrier may not have those numbers available. You may have to check with another cell phone carrier.

I got it! It was the prefix! I called the gophone customer service and had my number changed.

If anyone else is having this problem, the zip code I used is 71111. The prefix is 655. Now instead of $2.20 to connect and 25 cents a minute, my calls are 81 cents to connect and 50 cents every 5 minutes. So for an hour I can talk to my love for only $6.81 instead of the ridiculous price of $17.20!

I hope this helps anyone who is trying to find a cheaper way to talk to their loved ones in Bossier Sheriff!

ChrisPp
09-23-2012, 07:37 PM
Whats funny is the 489 prefix they gave you is located in Blanchard, LA, which is only 35 miles away from Plain Dealing. But that does not surprise me because I remember years ago when all we had was landlines, there were long distance charges within the same area code. Depending on where you lived, one end of the 504 area code to the other was long distance.

As for the 326 prefix you seen online, that is for landlines so they wouldn't have been able to give you that.

But good for you on calling them back and getting it corrected ! :D

Leyton2002
09-24-2012, 11:31 PM
My man is in bossier medium..moved from forcht wade when they closed down...cititelecoin sucks!!!! Honestly..even with a local number, as I have...plain dealing address, and area code...the calls are charged like this: connect fee of 2.50, that is just to connect...than every five min. Its .50 cents...I thought about doing the pre paid thing but figured out it ends up cheaper how I did it...if there's a way we can speak I can give you all details...btw the number I have is area code 318 than the next is 935 and that's supposed to be local. They are a small company just making a dollar! But we haven't had an issue...and you can talk upto an hour...so instead of 15 min calls plus the 2.50 connect fee...we talk for longer just less calls...message me if you want more info...

rachelb13
09-25-2012, 05:41 PM
My man is in bossier medium..moved from forcht wade when they closed down...cititelecoin sucks!!!! Honestly..even with a local number, as I have...plain dealing address, and area code...the calls are charged like this: connect fee of 2.50, that is just to connect...than every five min. Its .50 cents...I thought about doing the pre paid thing but figured out it ends up cheaper how I did it...if there's a way we can speak I can give you all details...btw the number I have is area code 318 than the next is 935 and that's supposed to be local. They are a small company just making a dollar! But we haven't had an issue...and you can talk upto an hour...so instead of 15 min calls plus the 2.50 connect fee...we talk for longer just less calls...message me if you want more info...

If you have a local number, why are you paying $2.50 to connect? I only pay 81 cents to connect now. Originally, I used the zip code for Plain Dealing (71064), but it was still long distance. I called Bossier Med and talked to a very nice man who told me to use the zip code 71111 and it worked. I usually talk to my husband the whole hour unless he has to go for something or the phone shuts off for the night. What dorm is your man in?

Leyton2002
09-30-2012, 12:42 AM
I was wrong...I pay the same as you. Sorry. Umm he just finished the program in august. now he's object a work crew..which he says sucks. Trying to get him closer to home...six hours away is too far. I honestly forgot which dorm...private message me and ill tell you his name...is that allowed?