View Full Version : Marriage package

Sunshine26
02-22-2008, 07:16 PM
Does anyone know how much longer it takes "after" the counselor does what he has to do with the marriage package. Just wondering how soon we might be contacted...I know nothing is quick but we are both anxious and can't wait to FINALLY be married. Any info is greatly apprciated!!! Thanks.

Enjoy your visits this weekend!!!

jojosmamita
02-22-2008, 07:40 PM
Hi Sunshine :wave:
well me and my honey applied in october 07 and got approved in january 08..
after you get approved you need to send a money order for the marriage license to centinela for $80 made out to Imperial County Clerk's office and then a couple days before your actual wedding date you have to go to the clerk's office and pay another $50 for the ceremony.
i didn't wanna send the $80 money order to reserve a date because he was on lockdown.. but now that he's finally off of lockdown i'm sending my money in the next 2 weeks :D..
i actually called the marriage coordinator today and it seems like Maria the one that i would always speak to isn't there anymore so it's another person in charge of weddings :blah: .. but i couldn't talk to them either so i spoke with Stephanie which is also very helpful :D
but anywho.. she informed me that if i send the $ within the next 2-3 weeks i'll get a May wedding date..
centinela has weddings every other month because they share Imperial clerk's office with Calipatria. so this year its January, March, May, July, September and November.
Therefore as you can see everything has taken a lil longer than i expected, but then again i had to deal with a lockdown so you should be getting an answer quicker than mine :D
good luck girl!! and Congrats!!!

by the way.. when did you send your application?

Sunshine26
02-22-2008, 08:08 PM
Wow, THANK YOU SO MUCH Jojosmamita!!! Your info is VERY helpful. I would love May...do you know if that would be the 17th???
I have my $80.00 money order-picked it up yesterday...I plan on sending it AS SOON as I hear from the coordinator. I spoke with Stephanie the other day & that is when I also spoke with the counselor. The counselor told me he had just done what he needed to do with it...whatever that is. I sent my package back on January 10th & I was worried about C-yards lockdown affecting it. Thank God they weren't on LD too long.

HiS lOvE bUnNy
02-22-2008, 09:52 PM
i think it would be the 19th right rosaura???

jojosmamita
02-23-2008, 01:28 AM
no problemo sunshine :thumbsup:
but yeah its the 17th of May!! hopefully you'll get approved soon enough to get that date! cause the next one is in July and the weather is horrible especially if you wanna go looking all prettiful.. cause i mean it is your wedding day so its kinda mandatory u do.. haha :D
but anywho.. yeah they usually take about 10 weddings per date and right now there is barely 1 person scheduled.. so hopefully you'll beat the 10th person.. ;)

but whatever else you need let me know.. i usually call up there quite often and bug stephanie.. hehe.. shes cool :D and i bet she can't wait till i get married so i could stop calling.. lol

jojosmamita
02-23-2008, 01:31 AM
oh and mrs. sanchez.. nah its not the 19th.. that was the april date.. which belongs to the calipat girls.. :D
its may 17th.. the 3rd saturday of the month.. like usual ;)

kima
02-23-2008, 02:05 AM
Does anyone know how much longer it takes "after" the counselor does what he has to do with the marriage package. Just wondering how soon we might be contacted...I know nothing is quick but we are both anxious and can't wait to FINALLY be married. Any info is greatly apprciated!!! Thanks.

Enjoy your visits this weekend!!!

The "marriage package" is something you'll have to wait for at your first family visit. The "marriage packet" is the papers you need to fill out to get married. lol

Sorry, I couldn't resist!!! (I'm still waiting for my marriage package, but I hope to have it soon - I miss it!)

Sunshine26
02-23-2008, 01:00 PM
You've been very helpful. Thanks!!! If there is anything else I'll be sure to ask. I think I just need to be a little patient...which is hard sometimes. Yeah, I DO NOT want to do it in the summer months! Icky!!!

Sunshine26
02-23-2008, 01:03 PM
LOL Kima

PONYSGIRL
03-12-2008, 06:08 PM
I Have A Question To Ask Does Any One Know If U Can Get Married Behind Glass At Centinela? If So Does Any One Know What And How To Go About It? Any Info Would Help Thanks.......... Roxy

jojosmamita
03-13-2008, 01:26 AM
From my understanding PONYSGIRL.. that's not allowed. Once the inmate hits state prison.. that option is not available. I know that if he was in county, it would be possible, but not at centinela or any other prison, from what I know.
Sorry girl, I know the process is hectic and takes forever.. but it's worth every second ;)

I Have A Question To Ask Does Any One Know If U Can Get Married Behind Glass At Centinela? If So Does Any One Know What And How To Go About It? Any Info Would Help Thanks.......... Roxy

PONYSGIRL
03-13-2008, 05:35 PM
Thanks For The Info Now I'm Sad I Know That At Susanville They Allow It But Not Here Bummer. But I Will Wait For Him Forever Any Ways. Thanks Again................ Roxy

MAMMAS
03-13-2008, 07:07 PM
I Have A Question To Ask Does Any One Know If U Can Get Married Behind Glass At Centinela? If So Does Any One Know What And How To Go About It? Any Info Would Help Thanks.......... RoxyI THINK U MIGHT BE ABLE TO GET MARRIED BEHIND GLASS CAUSE MY FRIEND

PONYSGIRL
03-14-2008, 06:35 PM
Thanks For The Info Mammas He's On Lock Down Right Now (b) Yard So I'm Really Sad But I Will Have Him Check Into It When He Gets Off Lock Down Again Thanks Hang In There Ladies We All Can Do It An Make It Thru These Rough Times ;)............... Roxy

Steez13
03-15-2008, 11:11 AM
I was considering the whole marriage thing. jojosmamita congrats! I have a question tho...do you get to wear whatever you want on your wedding day? do you get to spend some time with them after it? and how long after a wedding day do you get your family visit :) haha sorry but thats important too!

jojosmamita
03-16-2008, 02:19 AM
thanks Steez13 ;)
and no you can't wear whatever you want on that day.. you still have to abide by the dress code.. :blah:
after your wedding which from what i've heard only takes about 10-15 minutes :rolleyes: lol.. you get to have a regular visit with him just like the normal visiting days..
its always on a saturday so it's not like you have the whole visiting room to yourself.. but there is one advantage that day.. and thats if the visiting room is packed and they are terminating visits early.. then you won't get it terminated because its your wedding day :D.. awww ain't that sweet of cdcr... hahahah..
and lastly.. your family visit date depends on when you turn in your application for that.. you have to go through the same kind of procedure as you did with the wedding.. you'll get a paperwork to fill out and you just turn it in with all the proper documents and wait to see if you get approved.. apparently it takes about 5-6 months to get a date because there is so many people waiting for one or something.. but don't quote me on that time range cause of course i'm not too familiar with that since we haven't had our wedding yet.. :p
good luck if you decide to go through with it :D

I was considering the whole marriage thing. jojosmamita congrats! I have a question tho...do you get to wear whatever you want on your wedding day? do you get to spend some time with them after it? and how long after a wedding day do you get your family visit :) haha sorry but thats important too!

Steez13
03-16-2008, 07:10 PM
you dont married in the visiting room do you ? :[

jojosmamita
03-17-2008, 02:11 PM
lol.. yeah girl you do.. well actually its in a little room inside the visiting room :o
its not the best thing.. and i think they should do it somewhere else.. but hey thats just my opinion and of course it wouldnt make no difference to the cdcr.. lol

you dont married in the visiting room do you ? :[

Steez13
03-17-2008, 02:31 PM
i read somewhere someone did it outside? I 4got where i read that....but that seems nicer. you should ask if thats possible?? But anyway ive never seen the room where is it at??

jojosmamita
03-19-2008, 01:15 AM
yeah girl, I read that too.. I'm gonna call the marriage coordinator and see whats up.. I have to ask my honey first though.. because he might just want it inside the little room.. and plus if we're outside our 3 year old will definitely not stay next to us.. he'll probably be running around.. and in the room, he has no choice, but to be by our side.. lol

and about the location about of the little room, well i already explained it.. next time you go.. just look for it and you'll find it ;)

i read somewhere someone did it outside? I 4got where i read that....but that seems nicer. you should ask if thats possible?? But anyway ive never seen the room where is it at??