View Full Version : how long does it take 4 inmate to show up in system?

loriwatson
02-21-2008, 09:47 AM
my boyfriend left county to go to state jail on tues.i was wondering if anyone knew how long it will take for me to get his tdc # and where he is located...would i get it sooner if i just called<which i dread cause usually when you call they are very rude! i have a friend who works in a womens state jail in dayton and i sent him an email asking if he could find out for me, hopefully he can so i dont have to deal with whoever answers the phone when i call tdcj...thanks :D

kpnct08
02-21-2008, 09:53 AM
I would give it about a week. They have to go to a prison.. which is called reception. They are there about 2-3 weeks. Then they are transported to the prison where they are to do their time sentenced. I don't think you'd get it sooner if you called. They would probably just be rude to you like you said. So I know it's tough, but just wait it out.

Drucifer
02-21-2008, 09:57 AM
He should show up on the TDCJ web-site 24-48 hours or so after arriving at TDC. Check "offender information" on the web-site. It is updated once a day so keep that in mind. God bless both of you.

Tracy
02-21-2008, 10:00 AM
lori, when my son was transferred from county to State Jail, it took only 24 hours for him to show up on the inmate locator. I did call the county jail and the State Jail where I thought he would be going, but of course, couldn't get any information that day. Some of the people were rude, some were nice, but he did show up on the locator within 24 hours. If you can get a nice person, they sometimes will say, yes, he is here....but that will be all the info you get.

Try to hang in there.....I know its hard not knowing where he is. Intake varies by unit...it took my son only about 10 days to make it through where he was but it can take as much as 3 weeks or more.

Just hang in there...let us know how it goes. Every unit is different.

RobinsMan
02-21-2008, 10:24 AM
Yes, a lot sooner than a week. I would be looking for him today but definitely before the weekend. He'll be in intake for several weeks but they get them into the system as soon as they show up. It usually just takes another working day to get the Online Offender Search (http://168.51.178.33/webapp/TDCJ/index2.htm) updated.

loriwatson
02-21-2008, 11:50 AM
thanks so much you guys! i was worried because i will be going to jail for 3 months and i wanted all his info so i could send him money to put on his commisary...can i still send him money if he is in intake?

Drucifer
02-21-2008, 11:54 AM
Yes

RobinsMan
02-21-2008, 11:58 AM
Yes, you can put money in his Inmate Trust Fund account almost right away. The ITF folks told me once that it might take an extra day sometimes to get the acount set up but I had money in Robins account on Friday after sh caught chain Tuesday morning. You can call ITF at 936-438-8990 should you need to talk to them. I use jpay (http://www.jpay.com/) to put money on her account using a credit card. If I recall correctly, you might have to make sure and enter leading 0's in the TDCJ# at jpay plus it might take them just a little bit to get updated with his number.

loriwatson
02-21-2008, 12:03 PM
sorry for the freak out of not being able to find him....but i did find him, hes in pam lychner....and he gets out a day earlier then i thought, lol aug. 15th :D after i spend my time in county, i will only have to wait 66days!...ish

jojacks
02-21-2008, 12:06 PM
You should be able to get his TDCJ number by tomorrow I would think. Jpay will have his money there within hours once you have his TDCJ number.

Tracy
02-21-2008, 04:27 PM
Glad you found him lori...that is always a tough time. Congrats on the countdown to him coming home.

Just let us know if you have anymore questions....Jpay is great and very convienent and quick too.