View Full Version : Anyone have Global Tel Link?

SugarMamma
11-04-2003, 06:52 AM
I asked the phone company that bills the collect prison calls that the prison goes through (Global Tel link) and they said that I can use any other company because the prison uses Global Tel Links equipment?? Is that true or is there a way to go around that? What if I have horrible credit and I want to go through Telenet?

golf_buddy
11-04-2003, 07:56 AM
SugarMamma, the info you received from Global Tel Link is correct, they do own the eguipement in the prison and they are the only company your loved one can use. The good news is that you have some choices and if you choose to subscribe to Tele-Net's service we can help you reduce the cost of your collect calls. Our system works with all facilities regardless of who the prison provider is. We also now offer pre-paid service so everyone can sign up regardless of credit. To get a quote please call us at 1-888-925-1400

SugarMamma
11-06-2003, 12:20 PM
yes but like you said global tell link is the only company he can use.....are the ramifications of him getting in trouble worth it?

Ladybug3
04-19-2006, 11:47 AM
I use Correctional billing Services and have a prepaid account with them that allows my son to call me through the prison where he is at. This keeps the collect calls off my regular phone bill. That is nice. I am always able to check my balance at any time. When my account gets be $20.00 or less, Correctional billing Services always leaves a message on my answering service telling me of the amount that I have in the accout. That is nice too. I like it. When I receive collect calls from my son, I hear a recording say, "Thank you for using Global Tel-link". I have never had any problems with it. At first it the recording said,"Thanks for using Corrcetional billing services", but for the past month, I the recording has been saying global tel-link. That is about all I can tell you about it. I don't hav a direct billing with them

Ladybug3
04-19-2006, 12:00 PM
I asked the phone company that bills the collect prison calls that the prison goes through (Global Tel link) and they said that I can use any other company because the prison uses Global Tel Links equipment?? Is that true or is there a way to go around that? What if I have horrible credit and want to go through telenet?

I use Correctional billing Services and have a prepaid account with them that allows my son to call me through the prison where he is at. This keeps the collect calls off my regular phone bill. That is nice. I am always able to check my balance at any time. When my account gets be $20.00 or less, Correctional billing Services always leaves a message on my answering service telling me of the amount that I have in the accout. That is nice too. I like it. When I receive collect calls from my son, I hear a recording say, "Thank you for using Global Tel-link". I have never had any problems with it. At first it the recording said,"Thanks for using Corrcetional billing services", but for the past month, I the recording has been saying global tel-link. That is about all I can tell you about it. I don't have direct billing with them. My credit isn't good either but I had absolutely no problems with correctional billing Services. I will say this that if you use a QUICK COLLECT FORM through Western Union at ANY WU office, the line becomes CLEAR for the person to call you very quickly. sometimes even with 1-2 hours, and you can put any amount onto the account, HOWEVER----if you put money onto the account with a credit car over the phone etc. you have to put a minimun of $50.00 on the account. that is why I use the QUICK COLLLECT FORM with Western Union. It DOES run me about $10.00 to sent the money that way though. the number for CORRECTIONAL BILLING SERVICES is: 1-800-844-6591. Hope this helps. Ladybug3

chance0930
03-04-2008, 08:43 PM

Mrs.Marvolous1
03-07-2008, 02:11 PM
Well I Am New 2 This Site, And Came Across Your Mesg. I Hope I Can Still Use Global Link 2 Receive Calls, I Still Have $ Left On My Phone From The Last Facility He Was In. I Guess I Have 2 Call Them And Find Out If What You Are Saying Is True. F.y.i. Their # Is 1-800-844-6591. Good Luck!!!