View Full Version : Transfered To A Place With No Beds????

kenlovejer
02-19-2008, 05:20 PM
My fiance was in caldwell and for no reason at all he got transferred to riverbend. I think that he got transferred b/c on the 6th of Feb while in their custody they got into a car accident. Well he was talking about a lawsuit b/c he got hurt and whenever he tried to see the nurse she never called. Anyway they shipped him to riverbend and he has to sleep on the floor. Can they do that and what can i do to get him back to caldwell or a place with a bed at least?

AWOL7
03-06-2008, 05:34 PM
My fiance is at Lafyaette Parish jail and sleeping on the floor too- how can they do that?

kenlovejer
03-12-2008, 07:17 AM
i don't know but they shipped some other inmates out and he's in a bed now. still pisses me off that just because he got into an accident in caldwell's care that they would ship him out. the other inmates told him that within two weeks of his acident they would ship him oout and they were right

bennstyle
09-28-2009, 11:13 PM
Thats a common practice, anytime you have a inmate that needs medical attention, it's in the best interest to ship him off to another facility. Reason being, money. Private DOC facilities are responsible for the up-front cost of taking care of a state inmate housed at their facility. His medication, his travel back and forth to the hospital, the cost of security on those details...it all adds up before DOC pays up. So in the best interest of doing good business, they'll ship him off to another facility on a trade or swap just to cut their losses. Nothing personal, just doing good business is the way they see it. They have a word for it, RISK MANAGEMENT!

rcdc74
12-30-2010, 09:03 AM
Does this break any laws on overpopulation of jails? I've been searching for laws specific to this.