View Full Version : Transfers?

frankieswifey
02-14-2008, 06:29 PM
Hi, I was wondering if an inmate can put in for a transfer just because he does not like the place he is in-problems with guards, etc? My fiance is in Moore Haven, it is ok sometimes but there is this one guard that really has it out for him because my fiance wouldn't squeal and tell him information on other people there so he gives him trouble a lot. That and other things-we are just getting frustrated and he is thinking about transferring. What would he need to do and also what are some good camps either down near west palm or in orlando? Thanks so much!!

ben's girl
02-15-2008, 06:17 PM
He can put in for a Good Adjustment transfer when his review month comes due. Below is a link that tells you about transfers:

http://www.dc.state.fl.us/oth/inmates/transfers.html

I don't know about any of the facilities in Central Florida as we have always been in the panhandle. Maybe someone else will come along and help you with that question.

GottaLuvJustice
02-26-2008, 06:10 AM
My hubby was at South Bay for 6 years. he left in 2003, (now in a different camp) but South Bay is privately run which typically means better food. There is air conditioning. I visited there for a year...pretty relaxed, but like I said it's been a few years. When he WAS there, he said it was known as being one of the "sweetest" camps in the state.