View Full Version : Food Packages at Gowanda

shooting star
11-03-2003, 01:33 PM
I am new to this site and I need info on the food packages and clothing allowed to be sent. Also would like to know of some food vendors. I tried to look at www.prisonbodega.com and it said access was denied. I would also like to know what online vendors would be able to send electronics. Thanks very much:o

schweetie
11-03-2003, 06:09 PM
Dear star - Welcome to the site - We'll get you as oriented as we can.

For starters, try the Jack L. Marcus Company - 1-800-236-2611. They have basic electronics, clothes, shoes, personal care items, etc., all aimed at the prison population.
The food list is too extensive for listing here, but your guy will be able to send you a complete list - he should have gotten one upon arriving. There is also a food co-op there, run by some guards and former inmates, that can supply much in the way of food. Tell him to ask around about it.

Good luck, it's a hard, hard place to do time, though the recent change of wardens may ease things somewhat.

PM me if you can't get the official list from him, and I'll fax you a copy.

Pam

ToughTimes
11-03-2003, 06:37 PM
Access Catalog will also send them (I ordered a radio from there today and had it sent to my best friend!)

accesscatalog.com

ToughTimes
11-03-2003, 06:39 PM
I also ordered Nike shoes, 6 pair of socks, 3 packages of underwear, slippers, a radio, a sweatshirt, sweatpants, and shorts and it was $146, with free shipping and handling!