View Full Version : Daniel unit-Texas Prison

jronly
02-09-2008, 01:40 PM
Anyone know anything about this unit? My hubby is moving there and I'm very worried. I visit him every weekend and now I will probably never get to see him. 4-1/2 hours away. 284 miles from home. Not enough for a special visit.

RobinsMan
02-09-2008, 02:33 PM
I'm sure somebody will be along that knows something about it. I notice on the unit directory that it doesn't have close custody or AdSeg so maybe that means they don't have a bunch of bad actors there.

I think I'd give it a shot and ask the warden for a special visit anyway. You never know.

jronly
02-10-2008, 07:50 AM
I really need some infor on the Price Daniel unit in Snyder. My husband is being move there and I'm very scared. I post earlier and didn't get much info. Please help someone, anyone.

Tracy
02-10-2008, 08:25 AM
Hi jronly...

I can't seem to find much information on the unit but am still looking. Are you just looking for someone that has had someone there so they can tell you about how it seems to be for the inmates?

Jillian
02-10-2008, 08:40 AM
He will be ok, i hope that you find out more information on it, my brother was there a while back but only for a few mths and then he was transferred. My brother said it was an okay place. I know its hard not to but the more you worry about what may go on , the harder it will be on you

jronly
02-10-2008, 09:33 AM
I can't stop thinking about it. I'm used to being able to see him every week and now I will not see him probably until he gets home, which I don't know when that will be either. I have searched this forum for info on this unit and have been able to find really nothing. Surely there are people on here that have loved ones there. Or maybe they don't the internet way out there.

Mike1963
02-10-2008, 10:28 AM
jronly i found this link for you.You can always look for info by using the search this forum tool. I hope this helps you. http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48966&highlight=Price+Daniel

Tracy
02-10-2008, 04:05 PM
Thanks Mike... I just didn't want her sitting without a reply. I am learning the "search" tool also!

jronly
02-10-2008, 05:33 PM
Thanks, I did a search and got to that, but there still isn't very much info on this unit.

a_coleman
02-10-2008, 05:47 PM
what kind of info are you looking for?

jronly
02-10-2008, 06:39 PM
anything. how are the guards,visitation, inmates, marriage seminars,family days. i know it's a smaller unit,so maybe they don't have these things. I don't see alot of conversation on it. I don't know if that's good or bad.

Mike1963
02-10-2008, 07:47 PM
jronly my loved one was in price daniels for about 6 months.It was a very laid back unit when he was there.We never had any problems with the staff there.Visitation was always good.I'm not sure on the marriage seminars or family days.I believe the unit is actually a diagnostic unit.Meaning that he will probadly just be there a few months.I hope this helps you !!

britecloud
05-20-2008, 04:02 PM
michael has been in this unit for over a year now. he likes it. he says the staff is great compared to the units he was in before. it is a small unit with one fence around it and very nicely laid out, well kept grounds. the people in the office are not only nice, they went out of their way to help me. my m-i-l went there once and asked a question the staff couldnt answer and the asst. warden came out, took her into his office and talked to her. gave her a print out of michaels time and went over it with her and was actually encouraging about what he personally felt his chances on parole were. the visitation area is big and you can sit outside if there's overflow. they have toys for the kids that come and volunteers that sit and play with the kids while the adults visit.
michael says the staff is very fair. he said the only problems he ever had there were of his own making.
all and all hes doing well there...i believe from what i read on here and what he's said that daniel is one of the better units.
have a great day! :-)

Ronjrsgirl
06-03-2008, 11:39 PM
My husband just left this unit this week! YEA!!!! He was at this unit for about a year and a half. The COs were very helpful and my husband said that if you keep low everything went good. He has several friends still there that help each other get through the days. I was impressed over all.