View Full Version : TCCF Inmate Funds

liroje
01-25-2008, 03:55 PM
Has anyone sent their loved ones money thru Western Union? If so, i so need your help. I've tried using my credit card, debit card and it keeps giving me an error message "T4838, sorry that transaction is currently unavailable" I called Western Union and no one can find the error message. :angry:

snoopyzlady
01-25-2008, 06:10 PM
i tried doin it like tue but and had all info, corr fac name, cdc #, and all other info but it said i waz missin CCA(-----------)? I DONT HAVE IT AND AT TCCF THEY SAID THEY DONT KNOW NUTHIN ON HOW 2 DO IT. IF U GET DAT INFO, LET ME KNOW.

liroje
01-26-2008, 11:49 AM
I spoke to a very nice lady at TCCF and this is what she told me.
Pay to=Correction corp of America
Code city=Trust CCA (is this what you might be missing)?
State= TN
and to make sure you list your loved one's commissary number followed by this last name.
Let me know if this works for you and then tell me exactly how you did it.
Thanks,

waiting4ss
01-26-2008, 11:52 AM
I can never send money through Western Union online. I get the same error messages. I just go to the local agency and do it that way. I've never had a problem doing it in person, but the website never works for me.

liroje
01-26-2008, 11:53 PM
Really, thanks for the feedback. I will definetly go on Monday instead of wasting time online. Can you tell me what I will need? Can they use a credit card or Debit card to take the money?

snoopyzlady
01-27-2008, 08:52 PM
liroje- i tried doin it on the phone cuz online was 2 complicating. yeah the missin info waz..... code city.... i tried the one u said(datz wat my hubby said) but they told me it waz missin sum additional info by CCA

?????????????????????????????????
I JUST MAILED IT TO GA, INSTEAD!

liroje
01-28-2008, 10:45 AM
Snoopy'z Lady: yeah i'm going to do the same thing also, too much hazzle. On another note would you know how to pay off your hubby's restitution? I tried Jpay but for whatever reason my loved one's CDC number doesn't appear on their system. Any sugestions?

snoopyzlady
01-28-2008, 07:05 PM
Nah, But This Is Wat Some Of Them Do.....
They Put Money On Aother Inmates Books So They Wont Hav 2 Take N E Thing 4rm Them, Feel Me?
Butttttttt It Has To Be Someone U Can Trust Ur $ On.
Im Not Sure If Jpay Works Wit Mississ,(he Would Had Told Me Already) And No I Dont Know How 2 Pay Their Restitution, Sorry.

liroje
01-29-2008, 10:25 AM
Ok, thank you, if I find out a way, i'll let you know.

wifey143
02-17-2008, 04:42 PM
Does anyone know the max amount of money that we can send?

liroje
02-17-2008, 05:10 PM
Wifey: I asked that same question to a lady at TCCF (inmate accounts)and she said there was no max.

missloveone
03-07-2008, 01:49 PM
if anyone has the address for sending money plz post it

CRAZYLOVE
03-07-2008, 07:27 PM
Can Anyone Help Me My Fiance Told Me To Send Him A Money Order But I Dont Know Exatcly Who Do I Make It Out To He Told Me To Send It To ---c*c*a Inmate Trust---facility T*c*c*f 295 U.s Highway 49 South, Tutwoler Ms 38963........plz Help A.s.a.p

Husband_Wife
03-10-2008, 08:11 PM
The max amount that can be sent at a time is $500 but they may have an infinite amount in their books. Hope this helps.

liroje
03-15-2008, 10:31 AM
Have you ladies noticed that money sometimes takes longer to post? I sent my loved one money on the 5th to the GA address and it's still not posted yet. I wish there was a way to go to a bank and for a nominal fee deposit money directly into their accounts? Wouldn't that simplify things for everyone?

MrZ!
03-15-2008, 03:54 PM
Do you send money orders or personal checks? If you send money orders, it usually takes a few days for it to get into their account.

liroje
03-15-2008, 10:06 PM
MrZ!: I send Money orders, i don't think you can send personal checks. The last 3 times the money got there fast, maybe within 4 days. This last time it's taken longer

MrZ!
03-16-2008, 02:27 PM
Yea, I guess it varies. When it comes to correctional facilities, anything's possible.

wifey143
03-16-2008, 03:43 PM
You got that right.

liroje
03-16-2008, 09:29 PM
I guess, I wish they were consistant.

Mrz RuIz
03-26-2008, 12:41 PM
LIROJE; DID THE MONEY ORDER FINALLY POST? I MAILED MY MONEY ORDER ON THE 3RD

liroje
03-27-2008, 05:18 PM
Mrz RuIz: Yep, he finally got it yesterday.

Mrz RuIz
03-27-2008, 05:48 PM
OH GOOD. MY HUSBAND DID 2. I SENT IT ON THE 3RD AND THEY PUT IT IN ON THE 13TH. SO I GUESS IT TAKES ABOUT 10DAYS

MrZ!
03-27-2008, 05:52 PM
It varies. When I send money, sometimes the money gets into my husband's account in four to five days. Other times it takes alittle longer.

209yakow
04-23-2008, 03:41 PM
i sent my hubby money on friday. In it got there monday night in its wensday in it still has not posted yet in i am starting to worry

kumas_wifey
04-25-2009, 11:25 PM
Last time I sent money a few weeks ago it took a couple weeks to post. It was a money order.

Next time, I will do Western Union. I'm willing to pay the fee to know the money made it ok.

liroje
04-26-2009, 10:13 PM
I agree the average is about 4 to 5 business days. I tried western union and the password did not take.

c_aprice98
09-11-2009, 04:18 AM
I tried to send $ to my husband via western union and they told me they could not locate him with the # I gave them what is a commissary number I thought it was his x-ref # can someone please clue me in on how I find out what the commissary number is.

thanks
kathy:confused:

djpurity
10-06-2009, 09:38 PM
Can someone send me a PM about how to mail a money order via snailmail to my boyfriend in TCCF? Who to write it out to as Recipient and also who to write as Sender and Sender Address. How to fit all the information on the money order?

What address does it get sent to? Can it be sent to his regular address and have them pull it from the letter like they do in California? That is what I assumed was how it worked at first.

I sent a $70 money order to TCCF behalf of his name and CDC# and my name and address as Sender. I put it with a regular letter to the address of TCCF when writing the inmates. Can someone tell me what I did wrong, and what I can expect? Is there any way to check to see how much money is currently on his books? Is he the only one who can check? How can I tell when the money I sent gets put on (if it does) or if it will be returned to sender (me)?

Thanks.

BMWLady
10-07-2009, 06:10 PM
Call TCCF's Bookkeeping Department and they'll be able to assist and let you know if the money order was received and put into your boyfriend's account. If after a week or two and the money is not in his account, you may want to put a stop to the money order and resend another one to the correct address.

asiangirl912
10-31-2009, 04:58 AM
can i send stamps by mail?

SamTiger
12-23-2009, 02:42 PM
When you send a money order... who do you fill in as recipient???

SamTiger
12-23-2009, 05:45 PM
Nevermind...I ended up just sending it Western Union. You want to talk about a pain in the ass!!?? I talked to people at TCCF...and Western Union, and finally got it all straightened out.

thewife08
05-17-2010, 11:26 AM
Ladies I have a question... Have any of you tried sending your loved ones money via western union?? I've been trying to for the last 3 days and everytime I go they tell me that they are not accepting payments at the moment. Do any of you know why? Or what I can do besides sending a money order? Is there a number to call?

Isaiah28
05-17-2010, 02:35 PM
Ladies I have a question... Have any of you tried sending your loved ones money via western union?? I've been trying to for the last 3 days and everytime I go they tell me that they are not accepting payments at the moment. Do any of you know why? Or what I can do besides sending a money order? Is there a number to call?

I do it quite often, I sent some $$ last week. Here is what you do. (Try to use a Western Union location that has a phone, it's easier).

Pick up the phone & tell them you need to send money to an inmate. They will ask you for the following:

The code city for the institution. The code city for TCCF is "TRUST CCA" and the state is "Tennessee".

Then they'll ask for the inmate account #, which is the inmate's commissary account #.

They'll ask for the inmate's name, your name and address, and the amount of money you want to send.

Then they will give you a confirmation #. Give the confirmation # to the clerk and pay the total. It should cost about $6.95 to send it. The inmate should get a receipt within 72 hours. This tells them that funds have been added to their account.

Hope this helps.

thewife08
05-18-2010, 09:33 PM
Isaiah28... Thxs for that info I tried it that way but they are saying the same thing that corrections corp of amercia is declineing it. Does any one know who I ask for in reference to inmate funds?

Mommyof2monkeys
12-20-2010, 02:33 PM
I thought I had read in the internet about Mississippi prisons not accepting money orders anymore. Has anyone read it, or was I misinformed? Also can someone please email me the address to send money to the TCCF Tallahachie prison. I so appreciate it.

Mommyof2monkeys
12-20-2010, 02:37 PM
Hi. I need to send money via Western Union, can you send me the payer ID or whatever information I need. I so appreciate it.

yojanna
12-20-2010, 04:32 PM
this is the info for the Western Union
pay to: corrections corp of america
code city: trust cca
state: TN
acctount number with company: number and his name

yojanna
12-20-2010, 04:33 PM
Hi. I need to send money via Western Union, can you send me the payer ID or whatever information I need. I so appreciate it.

this is the info for the Western Union
pay to: corrections corp of america
code city: trust cca
state: TN
acctount number with company: number and his name

daluvofmylife
12-21-2010, 08:47 AM
Does anyone know if there money follows them wherever they go??? For example if they still had money on there account in one state and when they get transferred to another state, does that money go on there account in the new state they are in?

mrsmartinez
12-22-2010, 09:59 PM
@daluvofmylife: Yes the funds follow them no matter what institution they are transfered to.

monica702
01-29-2011, 01:43 AM
Does anyone know how to send money to tccf?? My bf said I can send a money order is that true?? im new to this site if anyone knows can u let me know thanks....

thewife08
01-29-2011, 08:44 AM
@ Monica702....
Welcome to the tccf forum....
Yes u can send $ via money order. You need to obtain ur boyfriends commissary # if u don't already have it. Make sure you put his last name first name and cdc & commissary # on the money order! Then You would mail it to the following address:

CCA Inmate Trust
(Inmate Last Name, Inmate First Name / Inmate CCA Commissary #)
Facility: TCCF
P.O. Box 933488
Atlanta, GA 31193-3488

Make sure you write your return address clearly on the envelope just in case...

monica702
01-29-2011, 07:42 PM
@thewife08 have u ever send money to ur bf?? B4 cux my bf just transfer to tccf a few months ago and this wilk b my first time sending him to tccf do they charge them when u send money to there account

thewife08
01-29-2011, 08:43 PM
@monica702...
Yea I have sent money several times to my husband. I usually send it via western union now only becuz I had a few times where they claimed they never received the money orders but they were cashed. They don't charge ur man. It $5 if u send thru western union but its guaranteed he'll get it

monica702
01-29-2011, 09:08 PM
Oh I see thats better I wana make he gets it soo im gonna gonna try western union

monica702
01-29-2011, 09:10 PM
@thewife08 have u even been to tccf to visit ur husband?? how is it? Im planning on going but dont wanna go by my self

monica702
01-29-2011, 09:14 PM
@thewife08 do u have a f.b.page maybe we can be friends just trying to find sum ppl I can talk to that r going thru the samething

thewife08
01-29-2011, 09:28 PM
@ monica702
if you send it via western union this is the info your going to need:

Code city=Trust CCA
State= TN
where it says account # you would put Inmate CCA Commissary # followed by your mans last name.

the money usually is placed the next day you send it unless you send it friday or saturday it wont get to him till monday latest tuesday.

yea ive gone to visit... no facebook sorry! i sent you a message......

Chris' Sweets
01-30-2011, 05:57 PM
@ monica702
if you send it via western union this is the info your going to need:

Code city=Trust CCA
State= TN
where it says account # you would put Inmate CCA Commissary # followed by your mans last name.

the money usually is placed the next day you send it unless you send it friday or saturday it wont get to him till monday latest tuesday.

yea ive gone to visit... no facebook sorry! i sent you a message......

I have sent $ before using WU, and I thought they saved the info for the recipient, but they didn't. Now I don't have my honey's comm #. Do you think I can call up to TCCF and they will give it to me? The mail is so slow, but I did ask my sweetie to send it to me again.

Let me know please because I want to send his $ off sooner than later.

Thanks ladies

thewife08
02-02-2011, 08:20 AM
@ Chris' Sweets...
I believe you can try calling records and see if they will provide the comm #.

Chris' Sweets
02-03-2011, 11:56 PM
@Wife08.
Thanks for the idea about calling records. They just gave me Ms. Campbell's number. I've been calling her all week, but she's not answering her phone and hasn't called me back either.

I'll just wait on my baby to get back at me with the info I guess.

Good lookin' out though.:)

Chris' Sweets
02-05-2012, 03:15 AM
Just found out how to send $ thru Western Union on-line:

They've changed some stuff, but there is still a special area for sending inmate funds. We still use CaCorps of America, but the catch comes with the Commissary (Acct) #. In order to avoid getting error message T4838 you need to enter the Comm (Acct #) and his last name (but there can't be a space between the name and number).

Like this: Comm (acct) 1234568CLARK

And don't forget the Attn Line is where you put his full name.

Hope this helps anyone looking into this. You know I just thought about it - the reason when you went into to the Western Union store or would call the reps could put it through because they knew there wasn't a space between the Comm # and the last name. It would have helped if they had just told us that!

jmbaby
05-03-2012, 01:55 AM
Just found out how to send $ thru Western Union on-line:

They've changed some stuff, but there is still a special area for sending inmate funds. We still use CaCorps of America, but the catch comes with the Commissary (Acct) #. In order to avoid getting error message T4838 you need to enter the Comm (Acct #) and his last name (but there can't be a space between the name and number).

Like this: Comm (acct) 1234568CLARK

And don't forget the Attn Line is where you put his full name.

Hope this helps anyone looking into this. You know I just thought about it - the reason when you went into to the Western Union store or would call the reps could put it through because they knew there wasn't a space between the Comm # and the last name. It would have helped if they had just told us that!

Thank you SO much for this info!!! :thumbsup: I was so frustrated because I kept getting an error message when I tried to send money online. Thank God I don't have to go out and get money orders. Sending money online is much more convenient. Again thank you!!!

mzepeda1215
06-07-2012, 04:05 PM
:)Nah, But This Is Wat Some Of Them Do.....
They Put Money On Aother Inmates Books So They Wont Hav 2 Take N E Thing 4rm Them, Feel Me?
Butttttttt It Has To Be Someone U Can Trust Ur $ On.
Im Not Sure If Jpay Works Wit Mississ,(he Would Had Told Me Already) And No I Dont Know How 2 Pay Their Restitution, Sorry.
Just put money in his books and they will automatically take a percentage of it! Almost half.

Renee
08-16-2013, 03:03 PM
This thread was started quite a few years ago, some of this information may be out of date. In trying to clean up the forums, this thread is now closed. Please see the Tallahatchie County Correctional Facility - Mississippi - Out of State Transfers (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1257) forum and post in the appropriate thread(s) there. There's GREAT info in the Stickys at the top of the forum. Thanks!