View Full Version : Iowa Medical & Classification Center Rules-Oakdale, Iowa

Binky's Gal
10-30-2003, 03:41 PM
Hi All I just recieved this imfo, Thought I would post for anyones future reference. I know I would of liked to of seen this stuff earlier.

Here you are:

IOWA MEDICAL AND CLASSIFICATION CENTER RECEPTION PROGRAM

The Iowa Medical and Classification Center (IMCC) is a correctional facility located near Iowa City, one and one-half miles north of interstate 80 on State Highway 965. Twenty-three beds at the facility are a part of a licensed psychiatric hospital. Over 300 beds are set aside for longer-term general population offenders. The remainder of IMCC is reserved for the Reception Program at the Iowa Department of Corrections (DOC). The design capacity of IMCC is 520 Beds.

All persons being incarcerated in the DOC will likely be in the reception Program for approximately 4-6 weeks. During that time, new offenders will receive complete physical and dental examinations, will undergo psychological and educational testing, and will receive information about DOC programs and policies. Near the end of the stay at IMCC, the offender will undergo a classification process to recommend treatment programs, determine an appropriate custody rating, and decide upon an initial assignment to a DOC correctional institution. Sometime after the reception process, the offender will be transferred to his/her assigned institution.

We realize that family and friends of offenders who are in the Reception Program will have many questions about our policies and procedures. The information below may answer some of those questions.

Correspondence: Each reception offender will be issued two (2) envelopes per week that are mailed at institution expense. Additional writing materials are available to offenders for purchase through our commissary. Offenders are not allowed to correspond with individuals under correctional supervision or detention, or with non-related persons under the age of 18 (except with parental permission). When you write to an offender here, you must use his/her full name, institutional identification number, and our full address as follows:

(Offender Name and #)
IMCC
2700 Coral Ridge Ave
Coralville Iowa

You must also use yout full name and return address on the envelope and you must sign your full name at the end of the letter. All mail, will be inspected for contraband. Offenders are not allowed to give letters, property, or money to other offenders. If you assist offenders in such transactions, your communication priviledges with all offenders may be terminated.

Visits: IMCC Reception offenders will not receive visits except for their attorney and one clergy. The offender's attorney and clergy will need to complete a visiting application and will need to be approved for visiting. These visits muct occur during normal visiting hours. The offender's attorney can make arrangements in advance to visit outside of scheduled visiting hours. We encourage offenders in Reception Status to send visiting applications to their immediate family so they can be approved to visit for when the offender is transferred in General Polulation. Visiting applications that we receive for non-immediate family will not be processed. Immediate family is defines as grandparents, parents, step parents, siblings, spouse, and the offender's children. Step and half relations are included if they co-habited with the offender. If you are denied visiting IMCC will notify you with a reason.

Phone Calls: Reception Offenders (reception members scored as maximum custody are allowed legal calls only) are allowed to make telephone calls automatically limited to 15 minutes using the Offender Pre-Paid Service. The DOC inmate Telephone Accounts Pre-Paid form must be completed and sent in with each deposit to be placed on the offender's telephone account. This form is available at all correctional facilities and also on the Department's website: www.doc.state.ia.us. (http://www.doc.state.ia.us.) You may also photo copy a sufficient supply to meet you needs. The minimum deposit for each deposit is $20.00. Only Cashier's Checks and money orders will be accepted. All deposits must be designated to an inmate name and matching I.D. number. After January 1,2002, deposits may also be designated to a specific telephone number as well. Toll free numbers and 900 numbers are prohibited. All deposits must be mailed directly to:

IDOC Offender Telephone Accounts
Post Office Box 1417
Fort Madison, Iowa 52627

Personal Property: Personal property is not allowed. Do NOT send personal property or attempt to deliver items during visits. All reception offenders will be provided basic needs. They will not receive any monetary allowance while here. If you wish to send money to an offender, it MUST be in the form of a cashier's check or money order made payable to:
"Warden of the offender (Full name & Number)."
Money orders and cashier checks must also incluse the name of the sender. DO NOT ENCLOSE LETTERS TO OFFENDERS WITH CHECKS> THEY WILL BOTH BE RETURNED TO THE SENDER. Cashiers Checks/Money orders must be mailed directly to the:

IDOC Offender Fiduciary Account
1550 L Street, Suite B
Fort Dodge, IA 50501

Most offenders are required to pay a potion of their allowance for restitution. If the offender has and enforced restitution plam, a portion (usually 20%) of the amount sent to the offender will be deducted for restitution.

We recognize the important role that each offender's family and friends play on the process of adjusting to and receiving benefits from his/her incarceration experience. If you have additional questions or concerns, you should feel free to call this facility and ask to speak to the offender's counselor. Our Telephone number is (319) 626-2391.

Signed Russell E. Rogerson (warden)

Winngirl1
11-28-2003, 12:43 PM
Heather,
Thanks for the much needed info! I'm new at this, although my Aaron isn't. Hopefully this will be his last pass thru IMCC. I just wanted to know, do you really have to wait 4-6 weeks to visit? We are married, but I don't know if that makes any difference! Thanks again, and hi to all! I'll be a frequent visitor for the next 5 (or however long that means in Iowa prison time) years!

Binky's Gal
11-28-2003, 12:57 PM
Hi Winngirl1-

Yes you do have to wait, maybe even longer than that. They allow only lawyers to visit Oakdale, so you will have to wait til he gets beyond. Have him send you a visiting app, since you are married, they will process it there, and then when he gets to his regular prison you should be set to go.
Good Luck-
Heather

NightMagic
11-29-2003, 11:36 AM
The people that can visit at Oakdale are spouse, there chrilden, and parents and siblings(Brothers,Sisters,) and Lawyers. Basically no friends are girlfriends,boyfriends. After John left Oakdale it took about 2 and a half weeks to get approved.

Binky's Gal
11-29-2003, 11:52 AM
No Tami- this has all changed since the escapes. Only lawyers can visit-no family no nobody at all.

IMCC Reception offenders will not receive visits except for their attorney and one clergy. The offender's attorney and clergy will need to complete a visiting application and will need to be approved for visiting.

This stinks, but its the new rules :(

NightMagic
11-29-2003, 12:09 PM
I think thats funny because John was at Oakdale when they had the prison breakout and he still had visits with his mom and children.

NightMagic
11-29-2003, 12:21 PM
What my underdstanding is when they are moved to General Population they are aloud to visit with there family. Because when John was first there he didn't have visits the fist couple weeks was like a reveiw seeing how you react to being there something like that . Then he was moved to General population while still at Oakdale he had visit's with his family

Winngirl1
11-30-2003, 08:11 AM
*kicking and screaming!* Sheesh I wish they would just make up ONE rule and stick with it, instead of just making them up and/or modifying them as they go along! I told Aaron this morning that I hope he realizes that it wasn't just him, he got locked up, it's me too! If I cry one more tear I swear my eyes will just fall out! Thanks for the info and for letting me vent!
Suzanne

Binky's Gal
12-14-2003, 04:43 PM
Hi Everyone- Just wanted to clarify something here.
The Rules that I have posted above are for RECEPTION offenders. And yes, there is General Population at Oakdale, and yes General Pop is allowed Imediate family visits. I hope this clears alot up, I only posted these rules for anyone new going through this stage, As Oakdale is always the first stop for all inmates before they are transfered to their regular prison.

So Please be advised that the above rules are not for General Population at Oakdale. Only Reception.

gypsyroad66
08-03-2005, 05:32 PM
Hi everyone! I'm new here and my fiancee is now in Oakdale and she will most likely end up in Mitchelville. I keep hearing about these Visitation Forms and she sent me the website addy, but how do I get a form? Is there an official form I need to fill out, or do I just write in and give them my info? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Still Hoping
08-07-2005, 11:33 AM
Gypsy.. your fiance will have to send you a form in order for you to be allowed visitation. There is nowhere on the web to get these forms.

lostmylove
08-07-2005, 05:51 PM
Is it possible to post one of these visitor forms on PTO? I can send one if it's ok.....
What are the rules regarding this?

Still Hoping
08-07-2005, 06:08 PM
Lostmylove.. I don't know the rules as far as posting forms. The only problem I see is that if someone tries to use it (someone wanting to visit a prisoner), it will be rejected by the facility because only the inmate can send them out with the facility's approval. I know this, because my son has a little boy who lives with his mother. My son asked for his mother's address so that he could send her a form for my grandson's visitation. My grandson can't go with me without his mother's approval.

tmhill
10-19-2005, 01:47 PM
WOW! That answered so much for me. I can't thank you enough. It is hard out here not knowing what is going on in there.

tiger_lilly17
12-05-2005, 06:32 PM
my husband just got sent to oakdale. i've been reading all these postings but i don't understand. when will he beable to call me? what is a reception offender? will he only be there for 4-6 weeks or will it be longer? can i send him pictures?

Believing
12-06-2005, 06:19 AM
Tiger_lilly17, my son just recently got transferred out of Oakdale to Anamosa. I can't remember how long b4 he could call, but I know someone has to send a money order or cashier's ck ($20 minimum) to his telephone acct (that info is above in Blinky's Gal's post). You can send pictures, and you never know for positive how long he'll be there, but 4-6 weeks is average. A reception offender is one who got sentenced to prison and they all go to Oakdale to be classified. The classification tells what type of prison (minimum, medium or max) they should go to. But, my son was classified as minimum/med and still got sent to anamosa, which is med/max.

Hope this helps answer some of your questions.

tiger_lilly17
12-07-2005, 02:21 PM
believing- if he had money on his books in county jail, would that transfer to oakdale? if so could he use that to buy a phone card or do i still have to do it?

tiger_lilly17
12-07-2005, 02:46 PM
hey i just found a website that told me my husbands info and it gave me his inmate number thing. would that be the number i use when i write to him?

Binky's Gal
12-08-2005, 02:23 AM
Tiger~

If I were you I would just go ahead and send him atleast 20 to his phone account so he is able to call incase they dont transfer his money or it takes some to time be transfered. Every Jail is different. Earlier in the post it tells you exactly how to do this. But yes, he can put money on for his phone account as long as he has it to do so.
He will have to get your number on his phone list, once on his list that will travel with him once he gets to his regular prison.
And yes the number you saw on the doc site is exactly the number you use to write him. That # will not change.

Hope this helps more~Good Luck,

Heather

Believing
12-08-2005, 05:20 AM
Hi, Tiger_Lilly17. I just got your PM last night. I'm be sending one back to you. I would think they would transfer his money to Oakdale. I think if you call 319-626-4238, they might tell you if he has money on his phone acct. When my son was there and his phone money was about to run out, he told me I could either send more money in or he could transfer some of his spending money to his phone acct. So if the money on his books went to his acct at Oakdale, he should be able to put it on his phone acct.

His inmate number is the one you have to put after his name when you send him correspondence. They'll confirm his ID number at the phone number above also.

I think Oakdale is an okay place to be. My son Kevin was fine there.

tiger_lilly17
12-08-2005, 06:54 PM
thanks to you guys for writing me back. you have helped soooo much during this time of change. i can't express what it means to me to actually talk to others who have and are going through the same thing.

tiger_lilly17
12-09-2005, 07:18 PM
hey i just got off the doc site and it said adam's tentative date of release will be in 3 years from now. he is up for parole in 6-8 months. have you ever heard of anyone getting paroled the first time and if not. how long will it be from his first to his second or does it vary?

Binky's Gal
12-09-2005, 10:22 PM
Tiger~
I just asked Ricky your question. He said hard to say, most dont make parole their first review. Depends on what he is in for and if he has required classes to complete, they wont even consider paroling him til those are complete.
His tentative outdate is when he'll be released end of sentence (providing he stays outta trouble) if he dont make parole.
On a 5 year sentence (not sure how long he got) Ricky said the board will look at him at 8 months, then it wont happen again for a year after that.
Hope this helps more, stay strong...

Hugs~Heather

tiger_lilly17
12-10-2005, 05:50 PM
he's in for a 3rd owi and i believe criminal mischief in the second or burglary in the 3rd. he got two 5 year sentences ran together. his tentative date of release was in 2008 and that wouldn't be 5 years from now. this is so confusing. thanks for helping though.

Binky's Gal
12-11-2005, 02:46 PM
Tiger~

Ricky said in Iowa, your sentence is automatically cut in half for good time behavior. Any trouble though, then they can take that good time back.
So that is why his tenative outdate is 2008, that is when he will forsure be discharged providing he dont make parole before that.
For owi charges he will forsure be required to do alcohol treatment to even be considered for parole. And Ricky told me to tell you to tell your honey that as soon as he gets to his regular prison, have him talk to his councelor to get him in that right away to get it over with, otherwise they wont get him in until the parole board recommends it, which then it will be even longer for him to get parole.

Hope this helps ya......
Hugs~Heather

tiger_lilly17
12-16-2005, 09:12 PM
adam just called and told me that he has the option to go to fort des moines owi treatment. he wants to know as much about it as possible. ex. is there a long waiting period to get in, if he's up for parole in 6-8 will he still get that chance to be out for good then or will it be longer, what are the advantages of being there rather than in prison, will this make his total time be longer, and finally, i'm pregnant do you think it would be easier for him to be in fort des moines when i have the baby because they get the privalages of being out on the streets? any info that anyone could give me asap would be most appreciated. thanks

KISSES996
12-31-2005, 08:34 PM
HEY EVERYONE I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE KNEW THE RULES ABOUT SENDING MAIL TO MT.PLEASANT CORRECTIONAL FACILITY IF WE CAN MAKE THINGS FOR THEM SUCH AS CARDS ECT AND SEND THEM TO THEM? :confused:

suer01
01-24-2006, 07:58 AM
i am new here also, would like to say Thanks for the info. Does anyone think that at this VERY FRAGIL PLACE in these peoples lives,it is "cruel and unusual" to NOT ALLOW FAMILY? I just think we must have lost all common sense on this, what do they think they will end up with....Angry Inmates Maybe????? I do not see where this could help ANYONE.........

Randi75
04-01-2006, 09:38 PM
I really need help my finacee is going to oakdale next week and we dont know anything about it liek how mail books, money , personal property goes please help me someone.

amazing_27_2001
09-09-2006, 06:21 PM
This isn't new for me as having someone in prison my brother awas and my husband is and i want to find out how i see for sure when he discharges

mom2lisa
10-08-2006, 02:36 PM
Hi,
My daughter is at Mitchellville. She sent me a visitor's application. Does anyone know where I send it too? I had the address, but misplaced it. Anyone's help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!

CMaJoR
04-20-2007, 07:54 PM
I think it's BS that only family members can visit.. what about the rest of us that aren't married?? Utter BS..

In God I Trust
04-21-2007, 02:15 PM
He's allowed two other people on his visitor's list: friends. Fill out the application that he sends you and go for it.
IGIT

EDIT: It states 15 minute calls on the rules for Oakdale, but my husband's calls are always 20 minutes long. If we want to talk longer he just calls back.

CMaJoR
04-21-2007, 08:38 PM
Is he? Ohhhh man.
I'm gunna write to him right now and ask for an app.

Greengirl6773
04-22-2007, 06:23 AM
If you do a search on here (the Iowa forum), you can find where someone posted a visiting application. I used that for my mom so we didn't have to wait for it to get here by mail.

Greengirl6773
04-22-2007, 06:29 AM
Here it is:

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=223372

CMaJoR
04-28-2007, 07:21 PM
oh wow how ironic i wanted to see him.. he actually SENT me one in his last letter!!! how creepy is that?? i swear our brains are on the same wave-length..

i am a bit worried though, b/c i'm not immediate family.. it does say anything sent in from non-immediate family members won't be processed.... i also wrote him back asking if i should be worried about that

if i am denied i don't want him getting p*ssd off and going off on someone you know?

Greengirl6773
04-28-2007, 09:11 PM
The way I understand it is that they can have 2 non-immediate family members on their visiting list. I thought that was a DOC policy, but maybe it's different for certain programs or something.

CMaJoR
04-29-2007, 11:25 AM
and see thats what i heard, too. i think they need to update their packets they send out, lol! had me worryin for nothin.

MissyMarie
04-29-2007, 12:40 PM
Hi,
My daughter is at Mitchellville. She sent me a visitor's application. Does anyone know where I send it too? I had the address, but misplaced it. Anyone's help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!

My friends sister just went and she sent hers back to Mitchellville

Diann Wilder Tomlinson, Warden
Iowa Correctional Institution for Women
300 Elm Avenue, SW; P. O. Box 700
Mitchellville, IA 50169
(515) 967-4236
(515) 967-5347 FAX
Gloria Sapp, Business Manager

SaraTony2005
05-02-2007, 09:29 PM
they can deny you for many reasons. if you are on probation, parole, on another persons list. but they can have 2 non-family members on the list. fill it out, send it back and hope for the best!!!

MissyMarie
05-03-2007, 04:40 PM
Im not family and Im in anamosa 3 times a month.

pockets
05-04-2007, 09:26 AM
Non-family may visit IA inmates according to the IA Administrative Code 201 (see below). Most states, including IA, have an immediate-family-only rule while an inmate is "new" to the prison system. I can't remember how long that "new" period is in IA, but in many states a prisoner can't have friends apply for visits until the 60, 90, or 120 day mark. IA Code 201-20.3(3)b. Two other visitors. The offender’s relatives other than immediate family may be included on the list and allowed to visit if visiting space is available. Relatives of the offender other than immediate family may be subject to a background investigation. Friends of the offender may be included on the list. All friends of the offender will be subject to a background investigation conducted by law enforcement fficials. http://www.legis.state.ia.us/ACO/IAChtml/201.htm#rule_201_20_3 (http://www.legis.state.ia.us/ACO/IAChtml/201.htm#rule_201_20_3)

The IA DOC visiting policy complies with the Code, but states there may be exceptions depending on security concerns, etc.

http://www.doc.state.ia.us/Documents/OP-MTV-04%20Offender%20Visiting.doc

CMaJoR
05-05-2007, 04:03 PM
there was also a thing on the visitors form that said only immediate family is allowed. so much for luck.. lol i'll just have to wait til he gets to fort dodge

jminer
08-29-2008, 08:35 PM
Hi , I checked your forum like everyone my grandson just got sent to oakdale and I was very anxious to know what to do ect. I thought the information letter on here was very helpful but it is dated 2003 and they have changed the addresses where you send the money to be put on their account and changed the address where you send the phone money too. To send money to youR person in oakdale its IDOC OFFENDER FIDUCIARY ACCOUNT - 1550 L STREET - SUITE B - FORT DODGE,IA 50501 with their name and number on the money order. Its best to wait till you get the info from them they will send it to you too. Hope this helps someone.

alluneedislove
09-08-2008, 06:07 PM
hey i just found a website that told me my husbands info and it gave me his inmate number thing. would that be the number i use when i write to him?

can u give me the website that u got his info from? i would really appreciate any help u can offer. thanks, kj

tarclay
09-08-2008, 09:32 PM
It's the Iowa Dept of Corrections... the site is: http://www.doc.state.ia.us/ click on offender infomation, put in first and last name, and that will give you info. They can receive letters right away. Make sure that you write your full name and full address on the return envelope... and also make sure that you write your full name at the end of the letter. The address is: Inmate name/#, IMCC, PO Box A, Oakdale IA 52319. You probably won't hear from your guy for a little over a week, because he won't be able to call until then, and even when he is able to, he will have to have money on his phone account... and he will have to get your telephone number approved on his bubble sheet. Please let me know if you have any other questions about Oakdale. My brother is actually there in GP.

jenny1971
10-18-2009, 03:34 AM
Hello,My boyfriend of 11 years just got sent to Oakdale about 2 weeks ago&I have been writing to him&I have"nt gotten a letter or a phone call nothing,(Is he getting my letters)This is very very hard for me!!!!! I need some answers please!!!!He has very bad asma&I was wondering if he is ok!!!!!PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!!

anb0106
10-18-2009, 10:45 AM
I didn't get my first letter from my boyfriend until exactly one week from when he got transferred from county jail... It was 8 days until I got to hear his voice too!
I can relate to EXACTLY what you are going thru.. If it would help, perhaps I can have my boyfriend relay a message on for you to him?! I know that helped me a few days, for someone else to call me and have a message from my boyfriend!
yes, he can get your letters. Have you also signed up for CorrLinks? You can send him emails and they are so much faster and get handed out every day, except on weekends.
Have you sent money to his account for his phones? You should call ISP and ask if your number is approved for him to call out. If you need the numbers or address to send the money order- let me know.
Hope that helps some!

Infinityandbeyond
10-18-2009, 12:41 PM
If he doesnt have money on his books to purchase writing supplies or stamps, the prison will provide 2 stamped envelopes, paper, and pencil for him to write out each week.

I hope you hear from him soon. Sometimes the orientation process takes time and its hard not knowing what is going on but you will eventually hear from him. I'm sure he will contact you when he is able to.

VanGinkels
10-22-2009, 11:59 PM
Hi this is my first time here, my friend is in there and I am not sure how to find his ID#. How do I do that? Does anyone know?

tilforever08
10-23-2009, 07:01 AM
Go to the IDOC website and look up his name.

Welcome! Wheres your friend at?

VanGinkels
10-23-2009, 10:52 AM
Ok thank you. Im not sure where he at. I have been friends with him for alolng time now and we even use to date til I moved out of state thats when he ended up in there and his family split apart and everything.

VanGinkels
10-23-2009, 11:49 AM
I went to that site and its not working for me for some odd reason. Do you know if there is any other ways of finding out?

tilforever08
10-25-2009, 06:05 PM
That would be the only way if you don't know where he's at...

How long has he been in? Maybe my husband knows who he is.. he seems to know everyone.. apparently more than he should, lol. If he's in FD, my husband would probably know him.

VanGinkels
10-27-2009, 03:00 AM
Well not sure but he might kno him. He is known well as Sheppy. not sure but im thinking about a month or longer.

VanGinkels
10-27-2009, 03:05 AM
Ok i finnaly got it to work and i found him thank you for your help!

brob23
11-27-2009, 12:32 PM
okay i know a friend that went in and i woullike to write a letter to him but found out you need some kind of number that each person has. how could i figure out this number?

anb0106
11-28-2009, 08:16 PM
Go to the Iowa DOC website, and on left column click on Offender Information tab, you will have to enter in his name, and then his "offender number" will come up- thats the number you will include with letters, any money orders, etc.

Prentiss's bay
05-22-2010, 12:36 AM
I havent been putting my last name at the end of the letters. Only My first name. I put my full name on the envelope and return address. Will he still get the letters? Can they get pictures there? How about sexy but covered up pics?

Benny's Wife
05-22-2010, 10:24 PM
Hi There - I always put my first and last name when I sign things that I send to my husband at IMCC. However, I don't know if not having the last name there prohibits the mail from getting to him - I just never risked it. They can get pictures at IMCC and I believe that you can send sexy ones to them as long as things are covered. I know that the guys on GP can get Playboy and magazines similar to that so they shouldn't have a problem with something that is just considered a 'sexy' picture. A lot of times it depends on who goes through the mail at a given institution on what actually gets through to the inmates.

onewish08
05-27-2010, 10:04 PM
Im very new to this and my husband just got sent to Oakdale, are men and women in general population together since its coed? I dont really get it and then when will he be able to call? this just sucks!!

MISSINHIM3
05-28-2010, 05:34 PM
Im very new to this and my husband just got sent to Oakdale, are men and women in general population together since its coed? I dont really get it and then when will he be able to call? this just sucks!!

My boyfriend recently got sent to oakdale about a week and a half ago and he hasnt got to call since he was sent from polk county to there.. Also i have got two letters from him within that time and he has not got any of mine yet. Also He had money on his books when he was sent there and I had to send a money order and a print off paper from the department of corrections web site about the phone accounts and I called the phone account place at around 10 am this morning they answeerd and was so rude with me and i just asked to verify if the money i sent a week ago had got on his phone account and they told me that i should have read the paper and to call back from 1:00 to 4:00 pm. and so i called at 1:00 and a lady answered at said she cant help me to call back at 2:00 pm becuase there "power" went out some how...... then i called back and they finally told me that my money order was being sent back to me because my number has not been approved yet and that to send the money order back there when it has.. Honselty im getting so fed up with it all!! i sent them multiple letters and i only got two back.. he hasnt been able to call me but yet he still has money on his books. and he said in the letter that imcc sucks and he only gets to shower every other day and is locked down 23hours a day. so hopefully i get to get my number approved before they send him to newton and i also tryed finding out when he gets tranfered and they wont give that info out so i guess i have to waste more moneey on stamps.. I do need to know if when my phone number is approved if i have to get it re approved for newton.. HOPE you the best of luck with your husband at imcc.

onewish08
05-28-2010, 08:03 PM
My boyfriend recently got sent to oakdale about a week and a half ago and he hasnt got to call since he was sent from polk county to there.. Also i have got two letters from him within that time and he has not got any of mine yet. Also He had money on his books when he was sent there and I had to send a money order and a print off paper from the department of corrections web site about the phone accounts and I called the phone account place at around 10 am this morning they answeerd and was so rude with me and i just asked to verify if the money i sent a week ago had got on his phone account and they told me that i should have read the paper and to call back from 1:00 to 4:00 pm. and so i called at 1:00 and a lady answered at said she cant help me to call back at 2:00 pm becuase there "power" went out some how...... then i called back and they finally told me that my money order was being sent back to me because my number has not been approved yet and that to send the money order back there when it has.. Honselty im getting so fed up with it all!! i sent them multiple letters and i only got two back.. he hasnt been able to call me but yet he still has money on his books. and he said in the letter that imcc sucks and he only gets to shower every other day and is locked down 23hours a day. so hopefully i get to get my number approved before they send him to newton and i also tryed finding out when he gets tranfered and they wont give that info out so i guess i have to waste more moneey on stamps.. I do need to know if when my phone number is approved if i have to get it re approved for newton.. HOPE you the best of luck with your husband at imcc.

Well hopefully it dont take forever it should just be a month before he gets moved right? I havent gotten a letter yet or anything and I dont know how to send the money and all that stuff so hopefully I get a letter from him soon, its so annoying having to deal with all this and I hate when your trying to figure it out people are rude ugh.. well goodluck to you also =]

msnelson
05-30-2010, 11:02 PM
Well hopefully it dont take forever it should just be a month before he gets moved right? I havent gotten a letter yet or anything and I dont know how to send the money and all that stuff so hopefully I get a letter from him soon, its so annoying having to deal with all this and I hate when your trying to figure it out people are rude ugh.. well goodluck to you also =]

Okay so just to let I 2 know imcc other known as oak del is the worst part of the prison experience but at the same time its the shortest place they stay too only a month at the lastest as far as the phone yeah there rude people everyonne of these people who deal with us and our inmates treat us like were convicts too so that I don't pay no attention to the phone sheet has to be perfect though r they will send it back read it carefully : ) but as far as ur number not being approved I never heard of that maybe u put the wrong inmate number and then the mail does he have money on his books? Well they get 2 free envolpes but it takes a week to get it this all jus what I learned with my man being there for a month he's been tranf now though

Prentiss's bay
05-31-2010, 07:57 PM
My man has been in Oakdale since 5/20 and I got my first letter from him Friday the 28th and he called yesterday for the first time. He said he is in "max b" and that they only let him out to make one call on sunday morning. That sounded really peculiar to me but I dont know. He did get my mail but I sent tons of letters since he has been in, not sure when and how many he recieved but he hasnt been able to call more than that once. I dont think that the female inmates mix in with the men.

karlydanielle
06-19-2010, 02:58 PM
is that the right address for Oakdale? on the website it says a different address? I sent a letter the other day & i really hope it gets to my boyfriend. they told him it would be 2 months at Oakdale waiting for a cell to open up at Fort Des Moines. I really want to be able to talk to him. is there a way that i can call him? i dont understand how to do the money thing for him to be able to call me?

Benny's Wife
06-20-2010, 01:00 PM
The address for IMCC is as follows:

Inmate Name #0000000
IMCC
2700 Coral Ridge Avenue
Coralville, IA 52241

karlydanielle
06-21-2010, 12:49 AM
thank you.

msnelson
06-26-2010, 09:16 PM
My man just got sent back to oak del only cus his arm broke in clarinda n he wus gonna be up for a special next month and then when I called them today they acted like he wasn't coming back to clarinda any info?

Benny's Wife
06-27-2010, 08:56 AM
I would call and talk to his counselor at Oakdale and see if they can give you any information.

msnelson
06-27-2010, 05:17 PM
Yeah ima try that so we can request info from them

PrincessJ
01-04-2011, 09:41 AM
Can someone please help me????

I am trying to find out why my brother who was already in Mt Pleasant Correctional prison was transfered from there to Iowa Medical and Classification??? I thought that the Iowa Medical and Classification was for new inmates not existing inmates... He was granted work release in December and was just transfered to the Medical and Classification in Jan, but no one wants to tell me why he was transfered. At first I thought something had happened to him, but I have been told that is not the reason. I have also been told that this is not part of his work release program. I dont know why he was sent here. Could he be getting sent out somewhere else even though he will be work released shortly? He has been granted this by the board of parole already why would they move him anywhere, but out completely? Any thoughts would help. Thanks...

SimplyMe123
01-04-2011, 10:27 AM
PrincessJ, I'm sorry to hear you're not getting any answers. :( I'm not all that experienced with the prison system to know why they might send him there prior to work release; hopefully someone else who knows will be along soon. IMCC/Oakdale does have a hospital unit, so if he is sick or injured, that is one reason he would be sent there. Have you tried calling to speak to his counselor at Oakdale? I hope you hear something soon. Take care.

JaydedDragon
01-04-2011, 11:40 PM

I am trying to find out why my brother who was already in Mt Pleasant Correctional prison was transfered from there to Iowa Medical and Classification??? I thought that the Iowa Medical and Classification was for new inmates not existing inmates... He was granted work release in December and was just transfered to the Medical and Classification in Jan, but no one wants to tell me why he was transfered. At first I thought something had happened to him, but I have been told that is not the reason. I have also been told that this is not part of his work release program. I dont know why he was sent here. Could he be getting sent out somewhere else even though he will be work released shortly? He has been granted this by the board of parole already why would they move him anywhere, but out completely? Any thoughts would help. Thanks...

YES...let us know what they tell you. I am interested in this as well...as that mine is facing work release from the Parole Board and is in MPCF in Feb. Hummmm...I had never heard of this and asked a few who have been through the system and they didn't know either....

tillygirls
01-05-2011, 12:15 PM
my hunny just got sentenced the other day.. and ive heard that since hes already been through oakdale he will only have to be there for 2 weeks.. how true is this?

tillygirls
01-05-2011, 12:18 PM

i dont know a whole lot about the whole system.. but if something had happened to him they would probably send him to Clarinda. maybe they are transfering him for his work release. not sure though..

strawberrygirl
01-17-2011, 12:38 PM
Does anyone know what they can take down to IMCC? I thought there would be a list somewhere, but I can not find one. I know about the phone and adding funds to accts.

SimplyMe123
01-24-2011, 06:59 AM
Hmm... I think they can have a plain wedding band and one religious necklace (cross, etc). Are you talking about when they first check into IMCC or what kind of things they can buy/ what you can send to them?

Infinityandbeyond
01-24-2011, 07:50 PM
All my husband was allowed was his wedding band.

gratefulberger
09-20-2011, 12:13 PM
my boyfriend is being sent to oakdale from oregon. does anyone know where he will be sent after this. it is for a first offense probation violation, so he would most likely be low-risk. and also i saw they offer treatment programs instead of prison. any info on this? if they send you straight to treatment or if you have to serve some time first.?

conmil79
09-21-2011, 06:01 AM
they will classify him in Oakdale, and then determine where he will go. They determine which prison is right for him, by the amount of time he has, the charges, and all sort of things. If he needs treatment that is offered in certain prisons, and is usually a wait list to get into those programs.

calyypso1
02-01-2012, 08:00 PM
[quote=Binky's Gal;300182]Hi All I just recieved this imfo, Thought I would post for anyones future reference. I know I would of liked to of seen this stuff earlier.

Here you are:

IOWA MEDICAL AND CLASSIFICATION CENTER RECEPTION PROGRAM

I want to tell you that the address has changed. I made the mistake of using the PO BOX that is above and since this post the Postal service has made the IMCC change the address. Good news is that the letter will get to the inmate if you have their ID number and full name on the envelope and your return address and full name on it too. It will just take a bit longer to get there. I want ppl to know the new address is
IMCC
2700 Coral Ridge Ave
Coralville Iowa

I want to add this because I wrote to my bf there first using this old info. bummer it took almost 4 days extra....Thanks!

DajanaJugovic
10-08-2012, 07:19 PM
I have two questions,
1. How many pictures can I send in at once, is there a limit?
2. Do I have to write anything on the back of the pictures, like his name/number or anything?

SimplyMe123
10-08-2012, 09:47 PM
Hi Dajana, :welcome: to PTO and the Iowa forums. I am not aware of any limit on the number of photographs you can send. That being said, while he is at IMCC reception you may want to limit the number just because he probably doesn't have much secure storage space for them. You do not have to write anything on the back, but you can if you want to. Be careful not to send any pictures with "hand signs" or very revealing photos. He will not get them and will have to send them back to you at his own expense, or have them destroyed.