View Full Version : Incident at High Desert in Susanville

PTO-110524
01-15-2008, 02:51 PM
There was a incident on C yard yesterday that hit the papers. You can read it at:

http://www.sacbee.com/114/story/633999.html

California inmate shot during prison stabbing, loses thumb

The Associated Press

Last Updated 4:38 PM PST Monday, January 14, 2008

SUSANVILLE, Calif. -- A state prison inmate who was stabbing another
Prisoner had his right thumb shot off by a guard.

Mikeslady
01-15-2008, 03:00 PM
OMG, THAT JUST GAVE ME CHILLS.:eek:
There was a incident on C yard yesterday that hit the papers. You can read it at:

The Associated Press

Tazz'Girl
01-15-2008, 04:14 PM
OMG...I just read the story,that's so depressing :( .I'm guessing it had to have been a northern hispanic that got stabbed,being that the 3 are from San Bernardino County Gang (southern cali.) I've met many women who's husbands are northern and I just hope who ever it is that he's okay and also for the one that got his finger shot off.

David's Girl
01-15-2008, 04:22 PM

The Associated Press

Wow..... Thats Nuts.. 30 times Man...

Tazz'Girl
01-15-2008, 04:39 PM
And I'm not trying to be funny or anything,but that C.O has to be one hell of a trigger man to just shoot his thumb off while he's (inmate) repeatedly stabbing the other inmate.Heck,that inmate better be glad it was "JUST" his thumb :thumbsup:...

PTO-110524
01-16-2008, 08:17 AM
It's a great thing that some of these tower guards are THAT accurate. KVSP's first shooting (2006) was much the same kinda thing. One inmate was stabbing another repeatedly and wouldn't GET DOWN (LOL) so the tower guard shot and hit both inmates in their hands as one was holding the other trying to stop him. Amazing.

This may sounds weird, but it comforts me to think ALL tower gunners are this good and can be THAT accurate and not just blast into a crowd.

Judeca
01-16-2008, 08:35 AM
I agree, at least he wasn't trigger happy and going for the head shot. And this guy was stabbing another person, looks like the guard didn't have much of a choice, unless he was willing to let the other inmate die.

Tazz'Girl
01-16-2008, 11:41 AM
I'm guessing it had to have been a northern hispanic that got stabbed,being that the 3 are from San Bernardino County Gang (southern cali.)I'm quoting myself in referrence to a 3 way call I just got about this portion of my post,and not that I have to explain myself to anyone,but just to clarify something.Originally these post were part of the "High Desert Status Alerts" and where this thread begins starting from "aliferzwife's" post (There was an incident on C yard yesterday that hit the papers,) she posted this soon "AFTER" I had posted that "NORTHERN & SOUTHERN HISPANICS" were phone visits as of yesterday!!! So after I had read the article,like I stated,"I'M GUESSING," I simply thought that because they had just went on LD!!!

But personally I feel if people want to sit up and rival over a city or county that they live or grew up in and killing eachother for,(which is so stupid) let alone they don't even have a key to the city,then they need to take their ass to Iraq and go fight in Bushes war for whatever reason they're out there shooting up folks and getting killed for.Atleast they'll get honored for it and a medal,rather than prison time and dapps from the homies for stabbing and killing someone that lived in another city or the other side of Cali.That's just crazy stupidity...

Imani
01-16-2008, 12:03 PM
Some of those guys that work in Corrections were EX Marines etc. I know in Pelican Bay they have EX Navy Seals working there which I saw on a program on TV a while back.

PTO-110524
01-16-2008, 01:14 PM
Tazz - I was right there with your reasoning. ;)

Morris1
01-16-2008, 02:00 PM
It sounded logical to me. Were you wrong about it? I really missed something I guess. I think I would have assumed the same thing you did after going back and reading the article and posts.

PTO-110524
01-17-2008, 08:48 AM
I think someone jumped her for making this assumption and she felt she needed to clarify her thinking. I personally had made the same assumption.

We often have to use these racial terms, but only because CDCr uses them. No one here should take offense when we use terms such as whites, blacks, northerners, nortenos, southerners, surenos, 'others', crips, bloods, bulldogs, NLR, AB, etc. because these are the terms we need to follow to stay informed on many issues inside CDCr.

Just my 2 cents.

Judeca
01-17-2008, 08:52 AM
Agreed. We're all here together for support, I don't think anyone would use any description or term to hurt anyone. Just a way, as you said aliferzwife, to stay informed.

Tazz'Girl
01-17-2008, 10:23 AM
I think someone jumped her for making this assumption and she felt she needed to clarify her thinking.Oh it wasn't no biggie,It was actually a friend of mine who visits another prison and read the post and called me with her sister in law on the phone joking about it saying,"Why you gotta blame it on us southerns against the northerns?" (my friend's husband is considered southern and her sis-in-law's hubby is northern,both men are in prison.)The sis-in-law took my post more serious though until I claified to her how this thread even came about.So that's why I reposted and hoping no one else takes my post in an offensive way without knowing why I made that statement.

wendy tyler
01-17-2008, 10:41 AM
aliferzwife once again a wealth of info. You amaze me!

Morris1
01-17-2008, 11:10 AM
Ahhhhh. Makes sense.

nitamac
01-17-2008, 11:55 AM
hello

PTO-110524
01-17-2008, 01:21 PM
It's just that I've been dealing with the system for so long and I've seen others react to what APPEARS to be racial bigotry. I have a KVSP group and so I am using the CDCr race designations all the time with the members there and it's just second nature to me. Same with SNY or GP or CCCMS or whatever. Then you have to deal with Levels and even close custody issues. We are forced to use these designations in order to know who can have calls, who is getting packages, who can or cannot have visits, who's locked down and who isn't, etc.

It's sadly just the way it is in this state.

mylifehiswife08
01-17-2008, 04:50 PM
I guess I should be glad that my uncle is in the Ad Seg part of HDSP!

MaraBlue
01-19-2008, 04:35 PM
OMG, THAT JUST GAVE ME CHILLS.:eek:

*nods* Worse than the story in the article, was the comments made to that article. It's amazing how ignorant most of the public is to what really goes on with oth the inmates and their families.

MaraBlue
01-19-2008, 04:38 PM
This may sounds weird, but it comforts me to think ALL tower gunners are this good and can be THAT accurate and not just blast into a crowd.

I agree. *waves hi from KVSP*

A lot of the KVSP inmates are being transferred to HDSP, possibly my son included. I was Googling for information on it, and this forum thread came up in the first 5 hits.

I thought nothing could be worse than Delano (except Pelican Bay), but maybe I was wrong.

PTO-110524
01-19-2008, 04:56 PM
Look at it this way, Mara - at least he isn't on D yard at KVSP!! :eek: I'm waiting to see if mine goes to HDSP also. He's actually ASKING to go though, so I guess that puts us in the minority.

MaraBlue
01-19-2008, 05:10 PM
Look at it this way, Mara - at least he isn't on D yard at KVSP!! :eek: I'm waiting to see if mine goes to HDSP also. He's actually ASKING to go though, so I guess that puts us in the minority.

Eppp, sounds like something's up on D yard? I haven't read the forums in a while...

It helps to hear yours is *asking* to go to HDSP. From what I've heard, it's pretty bad. It may be a case of "the devil you know rather than the devil you don't", however.

HSDP is 2-3 hours closer, so with the exception of winter, visiting would be easier. Of course I say that never having been there, no idea what the hotel situation is around Susanville. We didn't know how good we had it when he was in Folsom.

CanaRican
01-19-2008, 07:31 PM
It helps to hear yours is *asking* to go to HDSP. From what I've heard, it's pretty bad. It may be a case of "the devil you know rather than the devil you don't", My man just recently got transferred from HDSP after being there for a few years.He and awhole lot of others were transferred to Pelican Bay thinking they were going somewhere else.My man had been at HD for a few years and he's also been in Delano and I can tell you this much,he's rated HD as being one of the better and cleaner prisons he's been in and he's been in many.The only complaint he had with HD was the constant lockdowns and from a visitors point of view,the c.o's there are very nice and the visiting process is very quick.