View Full Version : Questions About Visiting

Pinky99
03-16-2005, 11:30 AM
Well I finally got approved to visit my cousin who is at CSP-Solano. I was actually approved twice because I sent a visiting form in that was not signed by my cousin and a visiting form that was signed by my cousin. So that is how I got approved 2 times. :D

Anyhow, now that I've been approved I would like to visit my cousin. He's a Level 2 in building 18 which I believe is Yard 3? I need all the 411 on visiting at Solano. I've been visiting my fiancee who is in prison since 1999 so I know all the general rules, but I know each prison is different so I have a lot of questions.

Are they very strict on the dress code?

Are you allowed to wear shoes that don't have a back strap on them?

I know that I'm not allowed to wear any colors that the inmates or CO's wear, but are there any other colors that aren't allowed?

Am I allowed to bring my sunglasses into the visiting room?

I know I'm only allowed to bring in $30 but does it all have to be in $1 bills or can I also bring in coin changes (except pennies)?

Can I bring in extra money for photo ducats?

Where do I purchase the photo ducats, at the gatehouse or in the visiting room?

Is there an outside patio that we are able to sit at?

Do the CO's assign you a table or do you get to choose where you want to sit?

Are the table the regular tables or the low tables?

I know most of the vending machine foods at the prisons aren't that great, but how is the vending machine food at Solano?

What time do they start processing the visitors in the morning?

What time do the visitors start getting to the prison in the morning?

If I go early in the morning do we have to stay in our vehicles? Do we line up off the side of the road (what road)?

Is their anytimes throughtout the day that they stop processing visitors?

Are their a lot of terminations for Yard 3?

Is their a limit on how many rings you can wear?

For the people that do visit at Solano, will you be there this weekend?

Sorry for all the questions but I want to make sure I am prepared for my visit. Thanks :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

MISSING WILLIE
01-10-2008, 01:24 PM
Hello All,
My Husband may be transferred to Solano within the next month and I was wondering if anyone could answer a few questions for me. How does the visiting process work. Do you have to get there early to have a full visit and do some people line up the day before? And how about Famliy visit? Does it take a long time to get one or is the process easy.
Thank You in advance for your time.

jmbaby
01-10-2008, 05:51 PM
It all depends what the status is at Solano. If there is a lockdown, it is easy to process right away. Not a long wait if any. You can visit the entire time. The CO's are actually nice in processing and the visiting room. If there is no lockdown you would have to get there early because the wait is long and your visit will be terminated after 2 hours. You can not go on the grounds before 7 am. You also can not park along Peabody Rd where Solano is at. The Vacaville Police will issue tickets. There is no need to park a day in advance. Solano is a much smaller prison then others in California. Solano is actually surrounded by residential homes and businesses. If you do go before 7 am there is a Wal Greens, Chevron, Taco Bell, and other stores very close to Solano where you can wait. A couple minutes before 7 am you can drive to Solano since it's like a 2 minute drive from those businesses. It took my friend 5 months to get her family visit after she was married. Since you are already married perhaps it may not take as long to get your family visit.

MISSING WILLIE
01-11-2008, 09:39 AM
It all depends what the status is at Solano. If there is a lockdown, it is easy to process right away. Not a long wait if any. You can visit the entire time. The CO's are actually nice in processing and the visiting room. If there is no lockdown you would have to get there early because the wait is long and your visit will be terminated after 2 hours. You can not go on the grounds before 7 am. You also can not park along Peabody Rd where Solano is at. The Vacaville Police will issue tickets. There is no need to park a day in advance. Solano is a much smaller prison then others in California. Solano is actually surrounded by residential homes and businesses. If you do go before 7 am there is a Wal Greens, Chevron, Taco Bell, and other stores very close to Solano where you can wait. A couple minutes before 7 am you can drive to Solano since it's like a 2 minute drive from those businesses. It took my friend 5 months to get her family visit after she was married. Since you are already married perhaps it may not take as long to get your family visit.

Thank You. The prison he is at now you have to go get in line on Friday just so you dont have to wait all day to get in visiting and the drive was almost 11 hours. Since I live in Fairfield Solano will be much easier. Ill just leave home at the right time to pull in a 7:00. Thanks aain.

jmbaby
01-11-2008, 04:41 PM
You're welcome. Wow, I have heard about at other prisons you have to go a day in advance. That will not happen at Solano. Since you live in Fairfled the drive will be easy. Sure beats 11 hour drives.

MrsMunoz14N
01-23-2008, 05:35 PM
Here is a question that I am a bit confused about, if anyone can help I really appreciate it. Okay so I read a lot of threads about terminations do to over crowding at visiting. When I went I did not see that happen and the room looked pretty packed or maybe there was a lot of that going on and I was just way to into my visit that I didn't notice anything like that going on. Now is it more or less crowded at visiting for yards 3 and 4? vs yard 1 and 2? because I want to know what time ti arrive for my next visit without getting the boot! i don't know if i was there on a good day or what, but i just want to be on the safe side for my next visit and most likely i will be there every weekend..okay lady's that's my question thank you for liseting!!!:D

William'sBaby
01-27-2008, 12:23 AM
I visit on side A (yards 3&4) and have been for about a year and a half. I have been terminated because of over-crowding about 5-10 times. They do it, and it all depends on the number of people in the visiting room, if the patio is being used (due to the rain, cold, heat, etc.), stuff like that. You probably came on a "slow" day. It may have seemed crowded to you, but trust me, if they didn't terminate then there wasn't nearly as many people in there as there usually is when they start giving people the boot.

You can come earlier, but that pretty much means you will be the one who does get kicked out. If you have a number above 100, you will most likely not be terminated. I have had a number as high as 75 and have been kicked out. It all depeneds on the amount of visitors still trying to come in too.

William'sBaby:heart:

Tricksie2645
01-27-2008, 07:36 PM
I visit on side B, and usually get there around 10:00. I haven't had a visit terminiated yet, but sometimes I don't actually get in until noon or so. I don't know if it's better to get there earlier and get terminated or get there later and not be able to find a place to sit.

MrsMunoz14N
01-30-2008, 10:35 AM
I had a question does anyone know if their will be visiting this weekend for yards 3, and 4? I honestly hate the visiting over there!!!! everything is so confusing...:confused: When i was there i seen some tables that are marked with letter like side A or side B what does that mean???? is it broken down into different little departments or what??? i dont understand and why when your at a table of four you have to sit across from strangers??? that is weired and talk about ackward!!! their is no privacy lol

13lazyboy
01-30-2008, 10:54 AM
When you get info let me know. Because my husband is transfering there soon. Thanks.

PTO-110524
01-30-2008, 11:27 AM
Hopefully someone who visits at Solano will respond to all of your questions. I wanted to respond and say that the dollar limit has been increased and you can now take in $50 per adult and $20 per child. Photo ducats are paid for out of this $50.

Here is the guide for Solano:

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201915

wendy tyler
02-03-2008, 06:26 PM
Just wanted to tell all you ladies that had visits this weekend, Happy Visiting! I hope it was all you expected and more.
Wendy

MrsMunoz14N
02-03-2008, 10:22 PM
Just wanted to tell all you ladies that had visits this weekend, Happy Visiting! I hope it was all you expected and more.
WendyThank you and my visit was very good and i got a all day visit no terminations:thumbsup: but the lady doing yard 3 and 4 went all by the books and was sending everyone back:( lucky for me she didn't she was sending people back left and right i felt bad for the bus driver he looked tired driving back and forth..and this c'o was right next to me and my husband as we said good bye:( how nosy no wait how anoying when there is so many other people to bug but whatever..they are way too picky for everything lol but it's prison but hope everyone else had a good visit! and here we go again 4 more days to count down to visiting..:D

MISSING WILLIE
02-05-2008, 01:01 PM
Good Morning Ladies.,
Qustion. My husband just got to Solano yesterday, am I able to visit him this weekend and if so is it behind the glass. Thanks in advance for your help.

jmbaby
02-05-2008, 11:49 PM
You should be able to visit this weekend. What yard is he on? Make sure you call before you leave. Things are crazy in Solano right now. Call to make sure they are not on a lockdown.

skyymermaid
02-07-2008, 01:54 PM
Hi missing Willie, I was in your position a few months ago and didn't know what to do. I just wanted to give you a heads up that although it is illegal to park right outside of Solano, people do it anyway. And I personally have never seen the police come out, but I have heard of
people who have, but I thinks its rare. If you get there 20-30 min. before 7am and line up then you will probably get a low number in the 40's. And you have to run to the line for the tickets, otherwise people will cut in front of you. I was able to visit the first weekend after my husband got there, but I would call to make sure that they have your visiting paperwork on file.

John's Dad
02-08-2008, 05:56 PM
Just another question, My son was just transfered from another prison and I was able to visit him there. At solano Do I need to be approved again. Its been 2 years with out being able to touch him and was hoping to be able to see him this weekend. I know it will be a contact visit and can't wait. This question is probably asked all the time. I can't seem to get through to the prison to get my answer and figured I would be able to get the answer here. Thanks.

jmbaby
02-08-2008, 06:36 PM
Just another question, My son was just transfered from another prison and I was able to visit him there. At solano Do I need to be approved again. Its been 2 years with out being able to touch him and was hoping to be able to see him this weekend. I know it will be a contact visit and can't wait. This question is probably asked all the time. I can't seem to get through to the prison to get my answer and figured I would be able to get the answer here. Thanks.

You should be able to visit.

John's Dad
02-08-2008, 06:55 PM
Thanks!!!! I'm going to give it a try sunday, can't wait to see him.

Sister1009
03-11-2008, 05:15 PM
Does anyone know how long it has been taking to get visiting approval to Solano?
A friend of mine got approved in two weeks but my mom sent in an application back in the Middle of January and still hasn't heard anything.
I am going to visit my brother this Friday and we were hoping we could find out if my mom has been approved so that she can come with me and my young daughter.
Thanks for any Help!

Sassy7
04-29-2008, 01:21 PM
I am livid and mad as hell. I flew from Houston to Oakland this past weekend to visit my husband. Now mind you my husband has been housed at Solano for the past two years. I am been visiting all this time with no problems or incidents what so ever.

I wear a scarf on my head for religious reasons. I have never been searched at all for the times I have visited there at Solano or when I visited at Old Folsom. On Saturday I checked in as usual. Then I was told that one of the female guards needed to see my hair. We went into the rest room and the guard stood in the door way with the door half closed so no one could see in. I had to take my scarves off my head so that she could see my hair.

I felt humiliated and embarrassed. I know for a fact if a Catholic Nun or a Jewish woman wearing a head covering came into visit they would not be told that the guard needed have them uncover their heads so that they can see their hair and be checked. I am mad as hell and I am not going to take this lying down. I am gonna raise the roof on this one. I have been getting emails and phone calls about how the guards are hassling other woman who wear scarves on their heads while they visit their husbands.

What I need to know is who can I write and or call to protest this type of treatment. All of a sudden I am being treated like a criminal. I have committed no crime. For two freaking years I have visited damn near every weekend while I live in the San Francisco Bay Area of California. I moved to Houston last August. I was told by other women who visit this is a color thing because only the African Americans and a few Latino women who either wear head wraps and or scarves are being hassled, harrased and searched. This is a racist act and I refuse to sit back and do nothing. I will make phone calls and write letters to those who will listen and have the authority to make decisions and changes. I just need to know who I can contact in regards to this insane racist tactic.

I was livid when this happened, and I told the guards this. I do not bother anyone. I come to visit my husband and we sit and talk. WE have never been reprimanded for anything while on our visits. I do not bring any drugs or any thing illegal into the prison. While sitting in the visiting room I have seen all sorts of things being passed. What others do is their business. But what I will not do is to allow the administration to do is to hassle me when I am there to visit my husband. I flew over 1600 miles -- and spent over 3 hours on the air plane to be able to come and see my husband. Now I have more sense than to try to bring any thing illegal into the prison. I don't need the headache and or hassle that comes along with it.

Okay I have ranted and raved long enough and thanks for listening. Now I will sit back and read the responses.

lonely20months
04-29-2008, 02:14 PM
Sassy,

Unfortunately I am new to this whole prison stuff and can not tell you who to contact in regards to what happened but I can offer you my support and tell you to hang in there. It is sad these sorts of things go on and I even feel every visit I have with my hubby that I am treated as an inmate, I couldn't imagine going through having to remove an item of clothing regardless on your head or not to be able to see him. I honestly feel your pain and hopefully someone will be able to guide you in the right direction as to whom to contact. Good Luck!

wendy tyler
04-29-2008, 02:35 PM
Sassy7, I know of a white nun in a habit visiting Folsom several years ago that was asked to remove whatever it's called on her head also. She was there to visit her nephew. She wasn't allowed to put it back on, because they are held on with hairpins. I might have agreed with you that it was racial if I didn't know about the nun. I think it more depends on which CO is on duty, furthermore what kind of a mood, he or she is in. I have also heard of women of all colors that are obviously wearing wigs being asked to remove them. I really wouldn't take it personally, especially with the trouble they have had recently with contraband.

It also may cause your husband some unwanted heartache in there if you were to kick up a fuss. I know you are angry right now, but I would take a deep breath before firing off a letter or making a call that you and hubby may later regret. Please consider.

wendy tyler
04-29-2008, 02:39 PM
This thread was posted twice Sassy7, I replied to the other one. By the way, while I have you here, did you read the reply I posted regarding cheap flights with Kayak?

MISSING WILLIE
04-29-2008, 03:31 PM
Sassy,
I hate this happen to you. I would also write a letter to someone. If not the warden , tr ythe ombudsmud(sp), but just make sure everything you do is in writing and when they respond to you tell them you want it in writing als so that you will have proof of the coresponndece, sorry, spell check is my best friend. I know this is a different secenrio, but when we where trying to get married we got the run around for 6 months, They lost our marriage packet two times, Then when I started writing letters and sending them certified, (so you have proof that they recvd them, and I started emailing Sacramento. And guess what they found both packets that I had sent and we were given a wedding date for the followin gmonth I f Im not mistaken the gentleman's name is Ken Mcardle. Their email adresses are on the CDCR website. As far as worrying about retaliation from the CO's they all have someone to answer to and not everyone is an A$$ there are some people that will help.

BlessTheInmates
04-29-2008, 03:54 PM
I too am sorry that you are so upset that this happened to you. Did they allow you to place the scarf back on your head after you went thru the metal detector area? Maybe everything falls under hair accessories and jewlery. It's just part of the safety proceedure process. Still I'm very sorry you had to go thru that stress after traveling so very far to visit. :(

Shush
04-30-2008, 12:35 AM
I have also been checked, but not for my scarf, but for my Medicine bag! this happened respectful and I understand the need of the duty!

I may bring your attention to the fact, most of such things do not always happen without reason. unfotunate those they have a privilege sometimes misuse this. I did see this with my own eyes.... even I did visit seldom!

I am sorry for your anger. but a part of your anger might be good for those they DO bring things in and use their religous cloth to do this. .... that YOU dont do this does unfortunate not mean other dont do this either!

many many of the rules we all suffer from they come out of the truth there are drugs everywhere.... this goes for stickers on the letters, why this or that is forbidden. where drugs are is NO respect.

when I have been searched, and as it happened respectful, I did not feel embarassed, even my Medicine bag is as sacred as your head cover and i wear it between my breasts. I have nothing to hide. but this is how I felt, and I see you felt this searching as a personal attack.

I guess there is no solution. not where drugs are!!!!! I am honest sorry for this!

and of course the scarf I did wear around my neck has been searched EVERY time I did wear it.... but of course it is not religious. ... my medicine bag IS!

Sassy7
04-30-2008, 07:33 AM
Lonely20months -- thanks much for your response. Even being new to all of this your opinion does matter.

Wendy Tyler -- thanks for the information on the White nun at Folsom. But some of the women who wear head coverings and or scarves filed a class action law suit and won. Now that is why Folsom no longer asks women to take off their head coverings. Now I did get all sorts of funny looks and stares because of my scarf. But hey as long as they don't put their hands on me I can handle the stares and looks. Another thing is that if you do not know the rules and do not stay on top of them -- then they can and they will treat and mistreat you any kind of way that they want. I simply will not allow it to happen.

As for the heart ache and or retaliation -- hmmm let they bring it on!!! As Malcolm X once said "the pen is mightier than the sword". My husband and I talked about it during our visit and he told me to do what ever I felt I needed to do and he would handle it on his end. My husband is very strong in who he is and all he is about. And he is 150 per cent supportive of me. I am much calmer now and I am in the process of writing up the letter and I will send it off sometime tomorrow.

And yes I agree it does have to do with the CO's and the mood that they are in at that particular day and time. But never the less I will not allow this type of treatment to continue. I have to do what I feel is necessary for me.

Yes I accidentally posted this thread twice by mistake. I am somewhat familiar with Kayak. I have checked out the web site a few times checking on the price of plane tickets. Thanks for the suggestion.

MISSING WILLIE -- thanks for the information, I will write the warden and the ombudsman. I will also send the letters certified mail. Yes they do conveniently loose items and such from time to time. But isn't it amazing how they found them once you started sending letters and having the letters sent by certified mail??

And like I have already stated hey I am not one bit afraid of retaliation for myself and or my husband WE together can handle it. I am the wife of a convict and as long as we have been together WE have seen and gone thru a whole lot. And we are wiser and stronger because of it all.

BlessTheInmates -- yes they allowed me to put my scarf back on. You see since I wear the scarf for religious reasons they have to allow me to wear it, that falls under religious freedom. I went thru the metal detector first. My scarf nor my scarf pins set off the metal detector. But as I was being process I did notice this guard sitting at the desk with sun glasses on starring at me. I simply looked back at her and smiled. And as far as the search I will write my letters and when I get responses I will post the replies here for all of you to read.

Shush -- thanks so much for your reply. I know a little about medicine bags and how sacred they are. I am glad that the searched they performed on you was done in a respectful manner. Yes I do understand the reasoning behind the searching due to the fact of drugs and other illegal items being brought into the prisons. But all I am saying is make us the visitors aware of these rulings. I have been visiting for over two years and this past weekend is the FIRST time that I have ever been searched at Solano.

Just like they have signs posted as to what you cannot bring on to prison grounds -- post signs as to the head coverings. If you check out the room where we all sign in there are signs on the walls of all sorts. How often do we read them?? I read them because I feel I have the need to know what is going on. But that is just the way I am.

Everyone thanks again for your responses and suggestions. I am getting right on this.

Shush
04-30-2008, 08:01 AM
Sassy, I wish you good luck! the ombudsman is a nice fellow his name was ken hurdle (if I remember right) when i have been in contact with him in march. when you really feel like doing something, then do it in a WRITTEN way. so you have a proof, which you may later need.
however, the prison can always base their actions on security issues.... thats just how it is.... and in your case, they seem not have broken a rule" ....( it has been a female officer, you have been in a seperate room and nobody did touch you) .... just be careful.
Did you ask the visitor sgt first what has been the reason you have to follow the procedure?.... this also is a point you may meet on your path dealing with them.....
just good luck!

wendy tyler
04-30-2008, 09:52 AM
Sassy, if hubby said go for it, by all means go girl! Please keep us posted!

AllyM
06-18-2008, 07:09 AM
I went to visit at Solano last weekend for the first time and I realized that very recently they changed the way the do things there (different than whats posted in the Solano Prison Guide thread).

They are no longer allowing people to line up on Peabody Road. The local Police was giving out tickets and making people disburse. So now they let people in at 6:30 am on the weekends (I understand the frenzy at the gate at 6:30 was a bit dangerous), 10am on Fridays.

They have parking attendants that guide you to a parking spot then you have to sit in your car for 30 minutes (2 hours on Fridays if you get there at 10am), then CO comes and gives out the passes in order you were parked. The rest seemed to be the same as posted in the Prison Guide Section.

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201915

LadyBaby
06-18-2008, 10:07 AM
Yeah, they have been passing out the new procedures for the last 3 weeks. I don't think it will last long. They have tried several procedures and it always goes back to... parking on Peabody...We'll see. I came late on last Friday and didn't visit on Saturday and Sunday, so I didn't get to experience the new way yet. How did it go?

AllyM
06-18-2008, 01:20 PM
When I saw them turning people away from the side of the road at 6:20am on Sunday, I went down and parked for awhile. Then I went to see what was going on at about 6:45am and there was a C/O at the gate she said just follow the directions of the attendants and stay in your vehicle. I was #63. I left after getting my number and went to Starbucks, then was back by about 8:10am. They called my number around 8:35am and was visiting (yards 3&4 the far visiting room) by 9:30 or so. I don't even think I waited 3 minutes for him to come into the visiting room.

At Starbucks I over heard a lady on the phone saying what a dangerous event it was exactly at 6:30am at the gate. I guess it got a bit scary from what she said. Thats all I know :-/

Yeah, they have been passing out the new procedures for the last 3 weeks. I don't think it will last long. They have tried several procedures and it always goes back to... parking on Peabody...We'll see. I came late on last Friday and didn't visit on Saturday and Sunday, so I didn't get to experience the new way yet. How did it go?

MISSING WILLIE
06-18-2008, 06:22 PM
I Actually Like The New Procedure But I Too Dont Think That It Will Last Long. On Saturday Aand Sunday It's Not So Bad, But On Friday In The Middle Of The Afternoon It Is Hot Sitting In The Car. But I Guess Thats No Different Than Sitting In Your Car On Peabody. Anyway I Got There At 6:35 And I Was Number 10 And On Sunday I Got There At 6:40 And I Was 80 Something, But Im Sure It Was Because It Was Fathers Day. So Hopefully Everything Will Continue To Go Smoothly.

AllyM
06-19-2008, 02:50 PM
The visiting hot line was updated this morning and gave the new visiting procedures as of Friday, June 13th. He said that vehicles are prohibited on prison grounds prior to 7am on Saturdays and Sundays (not sure if this is a mistake, because the C/O told me 6:30am at the gate last Sunday).

I highly advise anyone going to visit call and listen for yourselves. It gave clear rules and the consequences for breaking them. 1-800-374-8474 option 1, then 2 then 3.

Happy visits to all who are going this weekend!:o

meximami707
08-30-2008, 01:00 AM
WAS GOOD LADIES...

I'M VISITIN MY MAN 2DAY N ITS MY 1ST TIME..

I WANT TO TAKE SOME PICTURES OF MY FAM. FOR HIM 2 SEE.. HE'S NOT GONNA KEEP THEM.. I NEED THEM BAK..
CAN I DO THAT OR NO? N E INFO WULD HELP! THANKS

Sassy7
08-30-2008, 08:54 AM
Unless the rules have changed you can take up to 10 photos into the visiting room.

PTO-110524
08-30-2008, 08:58 AM
Yes, that's correct! Enjoy your visits!! :) No Polaroids though - just regular photos.

jp2112
09-11-2008, 12:54 PM
Hi Everyone!

Since they have friday visiting, I was going to see if I could go down there. I called the visiting line and I can't get through, since my husband just transferred there the other day, I wonder if I could go. The message did say to be approved for visiting the inmate shouldn't have no problems..i.e. write-ups I'm guessing within the last 90 days. He's been in since late January and he hasn't had any problems, at DVI-tracy or CCC where he just came from, I figured there record would follow them, so do you think it's safe for me to try and go tomorrow...any info would be very much appreciated...thanks in advance:thumbsup:

DeeNGee
09-11-2008, 03:46 PM
It should be fine. I had the same situation, and have no problems visiting him on fridays.
have a great visit!

AllyM
09-11-2008, 05:31 PM
Hi Everyone!

Since they have friday visiting, I was going to see if I could go down there. I called the visiting line and I can't get through, since my husband just transferred there the other day, I wonder if I could go. The message did say to be approved for visiting the inmate shouldn't have no problems..i.e. write-ups I'm guessing within the last 90 days. He's been in since late January and he hasn't had any problems, at DVI-tracy or CCC where he just came from, I figured there record would follow them, so do you think it's safe for me to try and go tomorrow...any info would be very much appreciated...thanks in advance:thumbsup:

You should be fine. What I did was call the inmate locator line before I put any money on his books or went to visit. I knew where he was but I wanted to be sure CDCr knew where he was.

Friday visits are tricky, best to get in before count or you'll be stuck there waiting in the visiting room for hours (I waited on a Friday for 3 hours one time).

Let me know if you have any questions. Please feel free to PM me.

Blessings, Ally

mizz ree
09-11-2008, 10:53 PM
:idea:I now know I can visit but I'm really not trying to be going back and forth so what hotels are good to stay at that are close to there?

AllyM
09-12-2008, 08:25 AM
:idea:I now know I can visit but I'm really not trying to be going back and forth so what hotels are good to stay at that are close to there?

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1942329&postcount=8

Here's the link to the list of places to stay from the Solano Prison guide.

I live about an hour away so I don't stay in Vacaville.

I'm sure someone with experience staying the weekend will post soon.

Good luck! Ally

Sunflower76
09-12-2008, 10:18 AM
I always stay at Motel6...I think it's on either Orange or Leisure. I've never had any problems there, although I do take earplugs with me now. It gets a little loud with people coming and going at all hours. We need our rest when we gotta get up so early to get back in line! :)

13lazyboy
09-12-2008, 05:04 PM

Here is a good one. Best Value Inn. If you become a member it costs about $51 to stay there. And you get a fridge. My friend SET told me about it. It's on the other side of the freeway by the outlets. Hope I was helpful.

mizz ree
09-13-2008, 02:06 PM
Thank you ladies for the info I'm looking into it... Thanks again. I am sooooooo excited to see him its been 2 years...

meximami707
11-01-2008, 09:11 AM
goooooood mornin yall..
hope everyone is well FINALLY the lockdown is over with!! :D:)

Does solano get packed on thanksgiving?...

what are the hours again I 4got?

I wanna so see him but I dont wanna get terminated lol
(like who does :o)..

thanks,

DeeNGee
11-05-2008, 07:34 PM
does anyone know what the visiting time is for Thanksgiving?

AllyM
11-05-2008, 09:17 PM
Nope no clue! But I'm technically on "vacation" :confused::cheers:at the moment...

tomorrow I'll try to remember to call the prison visiting department and ask.

Blessings, Ally

AllyM
11-06-2008, 12:38 PM
Per the visiting department hours will be 8am to 3pm on Thanksgiving.:thumbsup:

Blessings, Ally

MrsJacobs1220
11-06-2008, 04:24 PM
And do all inmates get contact visits..... Just found out that I don't have to reapply to go visit my husband and I was gonna be in Vacaville this weekend anyways so I figured I'd just go visit. Is there anything special I need to know about the prison in general that I haven't already read?

PTO-110524
11-06-2008, 05:59 PM
And do all inmates get contact visits..... Just found out that I don't have to reapply to go visit my husband and I was gonna be in Vacaville this weekend anyways so I figured I'd just go visit. Is there anything special I need to know about the prison in general that I haven't already read?

All inmates who aren't in Ad Seg or Orientation or on lockdown should get contact visits.

Not positive on the building though - my guess would be 4, but it might be 3.

Have a great visit!!

MrsJacobs1220
11-06-2008, 07:22 PM
All inmates who aren't in Ad Seg or Orientation or on lockdown should get contact visits.

Not positive on the building though - my guess would be 4, but it might be 3.

Have a great visit!!

Wait.... now whats orientation.... grrr. I'm so clueless to everything. He just got there so I have no idea whats going on with him.

AllyM
11-06-2008, 07:50 PM
Wait.... now whats orientation.... grrr. I'm so clueless to everything. He just got there so I have no idea whats going on with him.

Hi MrsJacobs Welcome!

Building 20 is on yard 4! If he's already in a bunk then I don't believe orientation is an issue. He was transfered mainline to mainline from another prison... yes? If you've already visited him in his last prison (previously approved) and he's in a bunk you should not have any problems visiting (but the key words are "should not"... it's CDCr there are no guarantees!).

I visit almost every weekend; please feel free to PM me if you have further questions.

Good Luck!

Blessings, Ally

meximami707
11-21-2008, 12:12 PM
if an inmate losses there visiting can you still go see them for THANKSGIVING?!?!?!
he saying yeah... but im kinda thinking you cant.. but wat do i know lol

DeeNGee
11-21-2008, 12:41 PM
if he was told he cant have contact visiting...you may be able to get to see him thru a glass visit (1hr)-- but you need an appointment. You could call and try to schedule an appointment and see if they tell you if he is allowed to have visits at all. Hope it works out...

DeeNGee
12-07-2008, 10:36 PM
hey ladies.....

how was visiting this weekend??? did the fog ruin your time?

littlemama143
12-08-2008, 09:54 AM
hey ladies.....

how was visiting this weekend??? did the fog ruin your time?

OMG it was horrible!!!! On Saturday I got in the visiting room at 10:30 and waited for almost two hours before they were done with fog count and let the inmates out to visit. Then on Sunday same thing got in at 10:00 waited till noon. Then had to wait for another hour in the microwave line because not all the microwaves were working so by the time we sat down it was already 2oclock. Needless to say there were a lot of angry people in the visiting room this weekend. :angry:

I really hope next weekend is better

DeeNGee
12-08-2008, 11:29 AM
Dang!!! they need to change how they do things!... I heard that the rumor was that they may escort inmates to visiting so it doesnt get so backed up. But who know right? like they really care!

AllyM
12-08-2008, 04:05 PM
Dang!!! they need to change how they do things!... I heard that the rumor was that they may escort inmates to visiting so it doesnt get so backed up. But who know right? like they really care!
Actually, I saw a couple of Mgmt guys in the visiting room on Friday, one of them I know is the (an) Asst. Warden (I don't remember his name but I talked to him a while back). They were checking out the vending machines, talking to in-mates and their families.

It really only takes about 45 minutes to do the count once everyone is in their bunk (so says my guy). They are trying to speed things up for us on "fog days" when they have to do an additional count by escorting the guys over for visiting while they are trying to get everyone situated for count, then "out-count" those guys like they do on Fridays.

To me it's a positive step... just my :twocents:

Blessings, Ally

Caresgirl
12-18-2008, 09:48 AM
My Husband is being transferred here today from another prison to finish out his time. We were able to have contact visits while he was at the other prison and he was fully established. I am wondering if anyone knows if I might be able to visit him this weekend there? How is the visiting there? How long do you typically have to wait to get into visit as to where they actually come out? Is there a lot of terminations due to over crowding there? Should I bring dollor bills or is quarters best? Do you wait in line, in the family center or in your car? Do they allow us to wear black jeans? Does anyone know the phone number and extension to the records line there? Sorry for all the questions but I do appreciate very much any information you can give me.... I am so excited to see him again!!! Thank YOU :thumbsup:

scca
12-18-2008, 10:30 AM
Is christmas day usually crowded?

littlemama143
12-18-2008, 04:03 PM
Does anyone know what the visiting hours will be for Christmas?

MrsJacobs1220
12-22-2008, 10:28 AM
NOrmal weekend hours on Christmas....

Caresgirl
12-24-2008, 11:23 AM
Does anyone know what time they start handing out passes on Fridays?
Thanks in advance for your help...:thumbsup:

littlemama143
12-24-2008, 02:14 PM
they start at noon, but you can start lining up at 10:00

Does anyone know what time they start handing out passes on Fridays?
Thanks in advance for your help...:thumbsup:

littlemama143
12-24-2008, 06:13 PM
I am a little confused with the recording on the visiting hotline. It says that it was updated on Dec. 4th and that there's visiting for all 4 yards. Will there be visiting tomorrow (Christmas) and are the hours going to be 8 am to 3 pm?

DeeNGee
12-24-2008, 10:14 PM
I am alot confused about the updated information! I am assuming that its 8am-3 for Christmas.

LadyBaby
12-24-2008, 10:23 PM
I am alot confused about the updated information! I am assuming that its 8am-3 for Christmas.

Your assumption is correct...