View Full Version : About Damn Time!

CARLAxoxoxTODD
08-04-2002, 01:26 AM
I got to visit Todd today for the first time since we've been married. After we did our initial greet he would just grin at me. Finally, I realized he knows something I don't!

He finally fessed up that on October 14th, I will be driving for the last time to Lompoc! I will be picking Todd up on the 15th to transport him to the halfway house that is only 45 minutes away! Not only that! You bet your ass we're consimating the marriage before we get to Bakersfield! WOOOOOHOOOOO!

I am soooo excited! The first 2 days he will be restricted to the house for intake orientation. After that? We no longer have to worry about someone telling us we can't kiss or hug. If we decide to knock one out it's basically up to us to find a place. He can call me whenever whereever for however long. (That is as long as no one else is waiting for the payphone).

On the weekend, I can visit him and hang out or we can take off for the day. He just has to be back for curfew.

We are finally one step closer to shakin the fed tail!

danielle
08-04-2002, 06:26 AM
Congratulations! I know you must be excited!

Kristin
08-04-2002, 06:39 AM
Wau - that sounds soooo goood!
So everything seem to go in the right direction for you now . Great!! Now you can slowly create your furture visions together. Im so glad for you!!!

Kristin

Joy
08-04-2002, 07:48 AM
Congratulations!!!! How long is it from the prison to the half way house? How long from the prison drive way till you consumate your marriage!!!! :D

jnv512
08-04-2002, 08:48 AM
Congratulations, that is wonderful news

B-Ray
08-04-2002, 09:47 AM
What was that date again? I'll have to mark that one down, there might be an earth quake in this part of California! LOL

jdswifey02
08-04-2002, 10:00 AM
WONDERFUL news!!!!! YEAH!!! I am soooo happy for you BOTH!! :)

KConnor56
08-04-2002, 10:22 AM
Carla,

Congratulations, there is light at the end of the tunnel. The end is so close you can taste it. Thats so cool!! right on.------Ken

CARLAxoxoxTODD
08-04-2002, 11:12 AM
Thank you all! I don't mean just thank you for your warm words in this thread but also for the encouragement & support throughout this WHOLE thing.

I am very excited but also, I have to stay guarded cuz with the feds ANYTHING can happen & change at a moments notice(i.e. our wedding).

From my house the FCI (hate the word prison) is 3 1/2 hours. The halfway house is about 45 mins. from my house. So, I guesstimate it's about 4 1/2 hours from the FCI.

I've got to look on mapquest for sure. It is a very short drive from the FCI to motel I stay at, so 7 mins after I pick him up there's gonna be an 8.5 earthquake in Central California :)

SSK
08-04-2002, 11:30 AM
im very happy for you both!!

TONYGIRL
08-04-2002, 02:10 PM
I am so happy for you, I wish you all the best

KelliKoz
08-05-2002, 12:54 AM
Carla,

That is very good news. I will Dom for the first time since our wedding this Friday. His parole hearing is on Tuesday. He says not to get my hopes up, but it looks like the Feds are cutting some people loose. We fantasize a lot about that "first time"....Expect another earthquake in Colorado when my time comes!

Very good news...

Kelli

sherri13
08-05-2002, 07:17 AM
carla- so happy for you !!! this is wonderful news!!

Valerie
08-05-2002, 08:59 AM
Thats wonderful news, happy for you both.

sjackson17
10-03-2002, 12:31 AM
I jsut want to say congratulations and i wish the both of you te best of luck. keep us posted on what goes on.

montysgirl
10-03-2002, 03:46 PM
This is the second time today that you guys have made me almost cry! I am extremely happy and excited for you!! You better tell him to sleep for a few days before you go get him...he is going to need the extra energy!!! :)

CARLAxoxoxTODD
10-03-2002, 06:58 PM
LOL! Sleep is not the problem...since I only have from 9 to 3 to get him across state, the problem is driving when I got Todd-the-Rushin-arms-Roamin-fingers is sitting next to me!

Better make sure our auto insurance is current!

JenJo
10-03-2002, 07:27 PM
I am sooooo happy for the two of you!! Keep us posted!!

TONYGIRL
10-03-2002, 09:25 PM
So happy for you, has been a long time coming. I wish you and him the best of luck and just be careful on those back roads. ha ha.

MichaelsGrl
10-06-2002, 10:12 AM
YOU GO GIRL!!!! Congrats on EVERYTHING!

deb
10-07-2002, 10:09 AM
Just drive the best you can---no wrecks or you won't have him there in time and if you make a pit stop---oh well---enjoy. Just get him there in time. you don't want further trouble!! Congrats!!!!

Deb

JacksGirl
10-07-2002, 10:26 AM
You have got to be soooo Stoked. :) Well congratulations. I know i would be climcing the walls. Enjoy your one on one time together on the way to bakersfield.:)

Much Respect
Sharon

Budwoman
10-08-2002, 02:08 PM
OH CARLA

I AM SO VERY HAPPY FOR YOU AND TODD. I KNOW YOU ARE EXCITED. THIS IS THE BEST NEWS I HAVE HEARD IN A VERY LONG TIME. DON'T WEAR YOURSELF DOWN ON THE WAY TO THE HALF WAY HOUSE hA

lOVE YA HON
DONNA

gina
10-08-2002, 02:21 PM
Just wanted to say as everyone else did...I'm SOOO happy for you!!!
:dance:

CARLAxoxoxTODD
10-09-2002, 12:51 AM
Thanks all for the well wishes!

Since Todd has 300 phone mins. to burn by the 15th we've been talking twice a day. I've told him of the wonderful words from all of you. I also told him that I sort of feel awkward posting the updates because I wish all of you could experience the same happiness in your lives as well.

We can't talk about our plans for the road trip on the phone (for obvious reasons) so we have to save that conversation for this weekend.

Tonight, of all things, we talked about passing gas! I told him now that we're married I shouldn't have to be embarrassed about it anymore. I told him he has paybacks coming for waking me up in the middle of the night cuz the room smelled like ass! (sorry disgusting but I'm ROFLMAO). My daughters heard my end of the convo and were busting up laughing in their bedrooms. I bet the guard monitoring the phone call was crackin up too!

Ahhhh...marital bliss! Let the games begin! haha

yanigirl
10-09-2002, 12:55 PM
This is great news and I am so happy for you and your family. Don't feel bad about any of us here we will all eventually have our time with our loved ones. Enjoy yourself girl but please try and get that man there in time and in one piece! Use two will probably be so happy it will be written all over your face.

JenJo
10-09-2002, 07:55 PM
I AM SOOOOOOOOO HAPPY FOR THE TWO OF YOU. HOPE YOU CAN DRIVE and stay on the road!! lol Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stonepony
10-09-2002, 11:55 PM
You caught my attention with the name...Todd! That's my husband's name, too. So, are you guys doing fed, too??? We did fed for almost three years, Todd was home for almost two years, and now he's back in fed pretrial detention. I've always heard that once the feds have you, they won't let you go, and I believe it now! New charges - conspiracy - him, and me, too!!! Guilty by association, but it doesn't make any differnce with them. Anyway, good luck, and be happy!!!

freedom anjel
10-10-2002, 01:29 AM
Congrats Carla!! Don't feel bad about your good news. Even though we have to deal with things like death row, life without parole or life terms, we are SUPER EXCITED when one of our own PTO members gets to experience such happiness. It helps us to live vicariously through you!! I for one am so happy for you I could just burst!! If Toe was around, I'm sure he'd have a visual for that...LOL!! Keep us posted on how all is going. We love you and wish you the best!!

Mrs. H
10-12-2002, 01:37 AM
Carla,

Great news! I am happy for the both of you ... ENJOY!!

T

sjackson17
10-13-2002, 11:00 PM
LET US KNOW HOW IT GOES. IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE VERY EXCITED. I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU.

CARLAxoxoxTODD
10-15-2002, 06:22 PM
Well, it's 5pm & I dropped Todd off 2 hrs ago. He was actually released at 7:30 which was great cuz that gave us extra time for him to check out the house & his bride! haha

I couldn't believe it tho. For the entire six months I've been driving to see him I've never gotten a ticket. But sure enough today I got cited for going 87 in a 55.

The guard at the house was VERRRRRRY kewl. He saw that I was upset about leaving Todd again and he was trying very hard to be reassuring. Telling me that I will have more freedom with him and when Todd starts working he will be able to come home for weekend passes. The guard got me started on my visitation paperwork and even brought me a box of tissues. When I was leaving he told me to be very careful driving cuz he knew I had a 75 mile treck back.

Again thanks everyone for the support!

TONYGIRL
10-15-2002, 06:47 PM
Girl, dosen't that always happen, a ticket just when you don't need it. But it will be straight, just hang in there. I am very happy for you and your husband. I wish you the best of luck and will keep you guys in my prayers

Cherokee

Mary S.
10-16-2002, 03:23 AM
Awesome news Carla! The guard seemed very nice... what a difference huh?!

danielle
10-16-2002, 04:17 AM
Glad you got to spend some time together! He will be home soon and until then, at least he's in a better place!

Good luck and congratulations!

Mochahontas
11-03-2002, 11:31 PM
I am sooo excited for you, even a little jealous **smile**
Have fun consummating! I can't wait until me and Erskine get married. We wanted to get married while he was locked up, but they dont do that here! Well, regardless, I wish you and your hunny all the best!