View Full Version : Did Anyone Hear About The Sit Down At Csp Solano?

MrsMunoz14N
01-07-2008, 06:18 PM
SO I HEARD THERE WAS A SIT DOWN AT THE PRISON TODAY ALL INMATES SAT DOWN NO MATTER THE RACE THEY UNITED FOR BETTER TREATMENT LESS LOCK DOWNS ETC..JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE HEARD THE SAME??

MrsMunoz14N
01-07-2008, 06:36 PM
All of the inmates are protesting several issues with a sit down. I have never seen all 6,000 in unity...since the old days. Usually it's a race but not ALL.
Level 3's complaint is unnecessary program change (no unlocks) and the treatment of visitors.
Level 2's complaint is removing their close lines (the only way to dry their clothes), taking their TV's and the treatment of visitors.
And some thing about them wanting to change to a level 4.
The prison is threatening with write ups if they don't go to work but they are in such unity they know that they cannot or they would be stabbed later for not participating.
I am quite sure that the prison is having heart failure. They want them to stay busy fighting one another, not to JOIN and fight them.
p.s. I am not saying I agree with it or don't agree with.
I will let you know if I hear any thing else.

PTO-110524
01-07-2008, 06:41 PM
Yeah, supposedly all 6,000 are refusing to go to work or do anything. If this is true - it's very awesome IMO. :D

sjohn
01-07-2008, 06:44 PM
I agree with aliferwife. This is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tricksie2645
01-07-2008, 10:10 PM
I was afraid this was going to happen,but didn't realize it was going to be prison wide. The issues in my son's dorm are bunk moves and the way CDCr has restructured yard. I hope it's resolved peacefully.

PTO-110524
01-08-2008, 08:35 AM
The Solano group was posting heavily on this issue yesterday. It was not prisonwide. Men were getting calls out last night who SAID they had gone to work. Others were being told there was a lockdown.

Apparently there is no accurate info on just which yards if any were involved in a sit down. The only info I have is that there were calls getting out last night.

Tricksie2645
01-08-2008, 08:59 AM
The last I heard was that it was yard 1 and 2. My son is on Yard 2 and I haven't heard from him yet. I know it was being talked about there.

MrsMunoz14N
01-08-2008, 11:06 AM
Yeah I did receive calls last night and this morning, he is not saying much on the phone and I am trying to figure out what is going on he did not say his yard (3) was affected by this just yet, but he said don't get my hopes up for visiting this weekend:(

wendy tyler
01-08-2008, 11:40 AM
My son is level 2, I don't know which yard, but I talked to him yesterday and his classes were cancelled, and he didn't know why. I was pretty sure I knew but didn't want to chance getting cut off if I passed on the info. I'm sure they are trying to keep everything on the down low right now. I wouldn't want to be the one fueling any fires where they obviously don't know anything yet. Anyone agree? Or should I give him a heads up? Wendy

Tricksie2645
01-08-2008, 02:06 PM
I sent an email to Theodore Long, the Family Services Coordinator to see if he can give us any information.

I also sent an email to Andy Furillo (Sacramento Bee) just now asking him if he had heard anything or if he could find out anything. Here is what I sent:
Mr. Furillo, I have often read, enjoyed and otherwise appreciated your articles on the California State Prison problems. My son is currently in Solano State Prison and we have limited information that there was/is a sit-down by at least one yard there and perhaps more. This started yesterday, but have not been able to get any definitive information about the situation. Several of us have been looking and can find no "news" report on it either. As you know the CDCR likes to keep any problems private. Is there any way you might see your way clear to seeing if there is indeed something happening?

My information is that the problems started when the prison staff started making changes in cells and bunks to integrate the population. That was an Friday for H Dorm, don't know about the rest of the housing areas. Then they were implementing a new policy about how the inmates were able to go out on Yard. Instead of the "normal" way (I don't even know what that was), now they will send out everyone who has a top bunk, then everyone who is in a middle bunk and the third group will be everyone who has a lower bunk. This was meeting with a lot of resistance from the inmates who were already feeling very insecure and unsafe by the bunk move. The latest information I have been able to receive is that this is mainly effecting Level 3 prisoners and possibly Level 4 as well who are in Yards 1 and 2.

I am concerned for the safety of all concerned. Also many of the inmates aren't willing participants, but if they don't go along with the others, they take the very real chance of being beat-up, stabbed or worse by their fellow inmates. If they do participate, they face disciplinary consequences from CDCR. These could include and extended lock-down, loss of visiting, phone and mail, being placed in Ad Seg and loss of time.

If you could get any information it would be much appreciated by all of us who have loved ones there. Also, I think this is something that should be reported and not kept as another CDCR secret.

Thank you for anything you can do.

I will let you know if I get any reply from either.

wendy tyler
01-08-2008, 02:18 PM
Good idea Tricksie. I keep coming back to this forum for any update. Let's keep our fingers crossed. I know you must be really nervous for your boy. I hope everything will be OK. I also hope that there was some consolation to you that the rebellion so far has been peaceful. You were right about Solano being a more laid back prison. Wendy

PTO-110524
01-08-2008, 04:18 PM
Here is the latest that is being posted to the Solano Group by a member.

Okay here is my latest update i just spoke with Susan (warden's office) and she told me this - the warden is sort of worried. his job has been to keep them from fighting each other and to see them unite like this has taken him and the admin by suprise as we all know they do have a tendency to fight with each other alot but this is a suprise to all. They have not - let me REPEAT this - NOT given out any 115's They are trying to work with them they have been in meetings all day to see if this problem can be resolved. She said the inmates complaints are the the most important thing to get resolved so that they can begin programming again. They did open up yards 1 & 2 this morning for programming as usual and no one went to work or the yard and that is all she know as of now.

Tricksie2645
01-08-2008, 05:37 PM
Thanks aliferzwife. Here is the response I received from the Family Services Coordinator.
"There is a lock down on Side B, with inmates essentially "on strike", not working, etc. No one that I know of is injured or in any danger. When the prison makes changes which inmates disagree with, this can be a way of protesting the changes. I am sure that things will work themselves out. I have spoken with inmates and staff, and it appears business as usual, with the exception of the strike. I wouldn't worry."

I'm not sure what he means by Side B, but Yard 3 & 4 are business as usual. If I find out more, will be glad to pass it along.

Also received a short answer from Andy Furillo, ...
"nancy,
the level 2s are back to work today. i think the level 3s are locked down.
andy"

wendy tyler
01-08-2008, 05:42 PM
Thanks aliferzwife and Trixie, right now all this info. is simply invaluable to me. I keep coming back every five minutes to see if you gals have posted an update. This is good news so far. Wendy

Tricksie2645
01-08-2008, 06:14 PM
The only issue I'm aware of in Level 2 areas is that all of a sudden the guys were told that they can't hang up their raincoats. Doesn't make any sense...it's raining, they are all wet and drippy. Where are they supposed to put them? They don't know...just seems like there are a few officers in charge that are having power issues. But all the reports I have heard is that Yards 3 and 4 are ok...so for now you should have no worries. If I hear anything different I'll post it.

Tricksie2645
01-08-2008, 06:22 PM
Here is part of a message sent out by TiPS and posted elsewhere on the forum,...

"SOLANO SIT-DOWN PROTEST
It is not a riot, it is a peaceful resistance to unfair mistreatment. And CDCR is worried.

The prison has been trying to downplay the protest as a mere few inmates who don't like the cell movements. We know it is due to the mistreatment and disrespect of visitors, the lack of programming and out-of-cell time, and an overbearing Lieutenant who wants to run the Level 3s like Level 4s.

The cooperation between races and different levels is beautiful, and powerful. This is exactly what CDCR does not want -- cooperation and a common vision.

A 3-month lockdown has been threatened as retaliation. But that would be illegal because only safety and security, and an ongoing investigation. Now that the Warden has tipped his hand and issued the threat at the beginning, it is evidence of retaliation without any legitimate penological interest.

This type of abusive mentality is precisely why the inmates are resisting the administration and staging the protest. Outstanding!"

PTO-110524
01-08-2008, 09:59 PM
Below is an excerpt from today's periodic update from TiPS:

"Taxpayers for Improving Public Safety (TiPS)" <matt@thecapitalalliance.com> wrote:

SOLANO SIT-DOWN PROTEST
It is not a riot, it is a peaceful resistance to unfair mistreatment. And CDCR is worried.

The prison has been trying to downplay the protest as a mere few inmates who don't like the cell movements. We know it is due to the mistreatment and disrespect of visitors, the lack of programming and out-of-cell time, and an overbearing Lieutenant who wants to run the Level 3s like Level 4s.

The cooperation between races and different levels is beautiful, and powerful. This is exactly what CDCR does not want -- cooperation and a common vision.

A 3-month lockdown has been threatened as retaliation. But that would be illegal because only safety and security, and an ongoing investigation. Now that the Warden has tipped his hand and issued the threat at the beginning, it is evidence of retaliation without any legitimate penological interest.

This type of abusive mentality is precisely why the inmates are resisting the administration and staging the protest. Outstanding!

PTO-110524
01-09-2008, 02:11 PM
North Bay Prison Inmates Go On Strike

Prisoners Protest New Yard Rules

POSTED: 10:51 am PST January 9, 2008

http://www.nbc11.com/2008/0109/15013272_240X180.jpg www.cdcr.ca.gov (http://www.cdcr.ca.gov)

VACAVILLE, Calif. -- About 2,200 inmates at California State Prison in Solano County are striking from their work duties.

Prison officials said the inmates are protesting a change in yard schedules.

Staff at the Vacaville prison have been trying to reduce the number of inmates allowed in the yard from 1,000 inmates to 600 inmates at one time.

They said the higher number poses safety risks.

Inmates find that too constrictive.

They have refused to attend classes and programs, or go to work as part of their strike.

According to the prison Web site, the facility provides comprehensive work/training programs with academic education, vocational training and industries assignments geared toward giving inmates work skills.

The programs are designed to help the inmates achieve "successful re-integration" into society.

CSP-Solano is designed as a medium security institution to provide housing for general population inmates.

The prison has more than 1,300 people working on its staff.

The prison is designed to hold 2,600 inmates at one time.

According to prison officials, there are more than 6,000 inmates currently there.

Copyright 2008 by NBC11.com (webstaff@NBC11.com). The Associated Press contributed to this report.

http://www.nbc11.com/politics/15013225/detail.html

PTO-110524
01-09-2008, 02:19 PM
Inmates exercising rights
Strike follows change in CSP, Solano yard scheduling

By Kimberly K. Fu/Staff Writer
Article Launched: 01/09/2008 06:50:34 AM PST

An estimated 2,200 inmates at California State Prison, Solano are exercising their right to peaceful protest and sitting out work-related and other duties, prison officials said Tuesday.

The strike, initiated Monday by Level 3 inmates who are classified as having a high potential for violence, reportedly is linked to a recent change in yard scheduling.

"They're not happy about it, but at least they're doing something nonviolent in protest," said Lt. Tim Wamble, prison spokesman. "We're hoping and trying to get it to end any minute."

At issue is inmate access to the outdoors. At present, anywhere from 800 to 1,000 inmates can be on the yard at one time. The numbers pose a safety risk for both inmates and staff, Wamble said, because it's difficult to keep track of every inmate's movement.

To address the issue, prison officials implemented a plan which has no more than 600 inmates on the yard at one time. While still a high figure, Wamble said, it's a more manageable one.

Inmates, however, apparently disagree and, since Monday, have refused to attend scheduled classes and programs or go to work. Which meant prison employees were asked to pitch in to perform duties suchas cooking.

Since then, inmates with California Medical Facility's ranch program and those with Delta Camp have lent aid.

Meanwhile, officials continue talks with inmates. Though the scheduling change will remain in effect, Wamble said, "maybe we can work out something.

Wamble emphasized that the prison is up and running and that inmates are being fed and receiving their necessary medical treatments.

Inmates are currently not being penalized for their protest, he said, and their actions are not expected to lengthen the term of their sentences. If the strike continues through Friday, though, participants will be denied any scheduled visits.

Kimberly K. Fu can be reached at cops@thereporter.com.

http://www.thereporter.com/ci_7921401?source=rss

Tricksie2645
01-09-2008, 10:19 PM
I've heard that things might go back to normal tomorrow. The word is that so far everything is ok, just haven't been going to work. Some may go to work tomorrow and then the rest may decide to follow...no guarantees, just what I was told.

slhammonds
01-10-2008, 01:09 PM
yes, I heard. My husband was there for 7 years and I am still part of their yahoo forum. It has been going on all week now. All races, on the level 3 only (yards 1 and 2). No one is going to work or anything. Most of the ladies are freaked out, especially those loving lifers, as they are concerned about write ups. A newspaper article in the Sac Bee said they are exercising their right to peaceful protest. Prison officials have been in daily talks w/the inmates and no writeups have been issued yet. The warden says it is over the changes in yard times...they have reduced the amount of time the guys get because they only want 600 on the yard at a time. However my info shows it is also over the treatment of visitors which is notoriously (and always) horrible.

wendy tyler
01-11-2008, 04:53 PM
Hey ladies. I just talked to my son a few minutes ago, he is there but on level 2 in a dorm with about 400 inmates. Apparently his dorm has been integrated the whole time. I've been sweating this in the worst way, worried about the changes, and the repercussions from them, just to find out they are already integrated in my boy's dorm and that everything has been peaceful since he got there. I'm sure that once the changes are in place for level 3, things will settle, they have too. I was so worried about my son being there at this time of unrest, just to find out today, that his dorm is doing AOK and have been integrated since before his arrival 5 weeks ago. So rest easy, my girls, it will work itself out. Wendy

wendy tyler
01-11-2008, 04:53 PM
Hey ladies. I just talked to my son a few minutes ago, he is there but on level 2 in a dorm with about 400 inmates. Apparently his dorm has been integrated the whole time. I've been sweating this in the worst way, worried about the changes, and the repercussions from them, just to find out they are already integrated in my boy's dorm and that everything has been peaceful since he got there. I'm sure that once the changes are in place for level 3, things will settle, they have too. I was so worried about my son being there at this time of unrest, just to find out today, that his dorm is doing AOK and have been integrated since before his arrival 5 weeks ago. So rest easy, my girls, it will work itself out. Wendy

thirsty
01-11-2008, 08:37 PM
hello ladies
i was there today and they stop everyones visits for the whole weekend they told us it was a medical issue

sjohn
01-11-2008, 09:10 PM
It figures that they would use another reason to stop visits than saying the truth. They are unbelievable!!!!

MrsMunoz14N
01-11-2008, 09:19 PM
OKAY SO I CALLED THE RECORDING AND IT WAS UPDATED @ 3:49 AND IT SAID ONLY SOME PEOPLE HAVE VISITS NOT EVERYONE SO I WOULD CALL BECAUSE THIS IS A MESS!!! CALL THE VISITING LINE AND OR VISITING DEPARTMENT!!! DOES ANYONE HAVE THAT EXTENTION????

jmbaby
01-11-2008, 10:10 PM
I heard that todays visits for all yards were cancelled at 2:30pm due to a TB quarantine. Several officers said that visiting was terminated due to orders from the health dept. There would be no visiting at all this weekend for all yards. I have a hard time believing that. Still no word if the sit down is over. Apparently the guys on yard 1 and 2 walked to breakfast this morning.

davidandbridget
01-12-2008, 12:21 AM
The visiting hotline said due to medical modifications in buildings 1-12 including H dorm and building 14..."only a select few". All other buildings are clear for visitors as of 3:49pm today. My husband told me about a inmate with Tuberculosis. Evidently has nothing to do with the protest. Who do we contact to find out how concerned we should be with this highly contagious disease???

msmomto4
01-12-2008, 08:57 AM
There are many things floating around and it is hard to say which is true and which is not true... One is TB the other is that they are on medical mods due to a staph infection....i can only tell you this... my husband been tested regularly for TB since the lock down that occured september 2006. I am in the medical field and since it is saying on the recording that there are a select few who are allowed visits, i have a hard time seeing it as a TB or staph issue. When they were on medical mods in 2006 for TB....NO ONE was allowed visits. So i question whether this is a real medical issue or if they are just trying to keep everyone in their cells. I am certainly capable of error on this... of course this is only my own observations and my own opinion on the subject.

I am interested in talking to anyone who has heard from anyone on yard 2. I have talked to people who have heard from men on yard 1 but nothing from yard 2. I would be interested in anyone who might have the current copy of the title 15 regs as well.

Thanks to everyone for trying to keep us all updated on this situation.

have a great day!

PTO-110524
01-12-2008, 09:12 AM
MSMOM - I have the current Title 15. PM me and I'll email it to you. I can't get it to upload here - the file may be too large.

wendy tyler
01-12-2008, 09:16 AM
I don't know about the medical holds, but I did talk to my son yesterday. Apparently the integrating began before he got there 5 weeks ago. He is in a dorm of 400, and they are integrated and doing just fine. They do have segregated bunks in the dorm, and there has been no trouble except for a couple of scuffles, in all that time. This should be good news for those of you that have been worried about the changes. They have already made changes in certain parts of the prison and everyone is AOK!

missinmysonbad
01-12-2008, 12:29 PM
Hello to all,
i am new to this forum, my son was just transferred there(solano) on monday. What timing huh? lol. anyway, i heard that there lockdown due to maybe tb?? has anyone heard that.. my son is in h-dorm, so if anyone has info i'de like to hear more..

wendy tyler
01-12-2008, 12:44 PM
Missin, H dorm is where the new integrating is taking place right now, but things should calm down soon. I PM'd you earlier to tell you that my son is in a dorm that had been integrated before he got there 5 weeks ago. All is fine with them, and they will be for your son too. I agree with you though, the timing does stink! Is your son like mine and just have that dark cloud over his head?
Wendy

jmbaby
01-12-2008, 03:22 PM
There are many things floating around and it is hard to say which is true and which is not true... One is TB the other is that they are on medical mods due to a staph infection....i can only tell you this... my husband been tested regularly for TB since the lock down that occured september 2006. I am in the medical field and since it is saying on the recording that there are a select few who are allowed visits, i have a hard time seeing it as a TB or staph issue. When they were on medical mods in 2006 for TB....NO ONE was allowed visits. So i question whether this is a real medical issue or if they are just trying to keep everyone in their cells. I am certainly capable of error on this... of course this is only my own observations and my own opinion on the subject.

You are so right!!! Do these people at Solano actually think we are stupid? :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Last year when Solano was on a medical modification not one inmate was allowed to have visits. If you listen to the recording it says that buildings 1-12 including H dorm will not have visiting due to a medical modification. Then wh are only a "select few" allowe to have visits? The recording also says its the inmates responsibility to notify their visitors of being able to have visits. I like msmomto4 work in the medical field. It does not take a brain surgeon to know that if you have a quaratine all are affected, not just a select few are excused from the quaratine. I and many others know that this lockdown is due to the sit down. I may be wrong but more than likely we are right. Obviously the officials at Solano are not going to speak the truth. Just finding a way to cover their rear ends. The CDC should know that just because we are involved with someone incarcerated; that does not make us stupid, uneducated welfare cases!!!

PTO-110524
01-12-2008, 03:40 PM
I agree that this is retaliatory and don't know if maybe someone can confirm with the health department that THEY told Solano to quarantine.

There have been other instances where quarantines were isolated, however. We had one building in KVSP recently (just before Christmas) quarantined for chicken pox.

Tricksie2645
01-12-2008, 03:53 PM
My son is on Yard 2. He called today. he said they weren't allowed to use the phones yesterday. When I asked if things were "back to normal" he paused and said "not really". He did know that they weren't getting any visits this weekend and indicated it was punishment. He said no write-ups had been issued yet, but that they were expected. He wasn't sure how they could process 1500 of them in 15 days (time frame set in Title15). so this isn't over yet.

Also heard from someone on yard 3 (or maybe 4, not sure but on that side). He said they are doing a lot of moving guys around today and so is not sure if he will be in the same dorm tomorrow. Not sure what's up, but I bet it's all part of the same thing.

I also think it's strange if there is a medical quarantine that some can visit but most cannot. Just doesn't ring true.

PTO-110524
01-12-2008, 04:19 PM
Apparently they have started issuing the 115's to all men on Yards 1 and 2. It was just posted on the Solano Group that a phone call came out from 1 yard and the men are receiving their write ups now.

:angry::(

Tricksie2645
01-12-2008, 06:18 PM
I'm not surprised. They obviously feel like they have to do this to take their power back. It's all about power and control.

PTO-110524
01-12-2008, 06:45 PM
Seems to me they can only issue them to workers and those in vocational or educational classes. It's not mandatory to leave your cell if you don't work or go to school as far as I know.

First this and now the cut in their pay. What real reason is there to even TAKE a job inside anymore? Making 10 cents an hour with 55% restitution sure wouldn't motivate me! I realize many don't have restitution, but taking a cut of 40% or completely losing pay altogether is just wrong.

msmomto4
01-12-2008, 06:48 PM
Ladies,

I want to know why we cant all start calling the solano county health department on monday and ask about the quarantine? I was just there as was a friend of mine who is ill with cancer and on chemo, if this is a big enough deal to quarantine them maybe we should follow up on this... I am pissed. We are three weeks from boards and even if my husband wasnt directly involved with this sit down, he will get a 115 because he would rather be alive than get a 115 which will almost guarantee a denial at his parole hearing.. He is a model prisoner and as many of you who are with a lifer know.... most of them are model prisoners. But lets program them in to a program for maximum security inmates.... oh i am so pissed that there is not a darn thing any one can do, and if we speak up it could cause issues for our loved ones.... any ideas would be very helpful.... i just want to set down and cry.....after 23 years its time for many of these lifers to go home and has been time for many years before this.

oh i am just sick!!!

Tricksie2645
01-12-2008, 08:38 PM
This whole thing just stinks. most of the guys probably didn't want to participate anyway, but as previously stated, they would be in serious jeopardy if they didn't. Now they are going to get penalized for it. My son only has 5 months, but if it adds time I'll be so upset and his daughter will be devasted. He's scheduled to get out just before her birthday. He missed the last two. For all of the lifers, it's even worse.

jmbaby
01-12-2008, 09:08 PM
This whole thing just stinks. most of the guys probably didn't want to participate anyway, but as previously stated, they would be in serious jeopardy if they didn't. Now they are going to get penalized for it. My son only has 5 months, but if it adds time I'll be so upset and his daughter will be devasted. He's scheduled to get out just before her birthday. He missed the last two. For all of the lifers, it's even worse.

I agree with you. Most of those men did not want to participate. It is not fair that they will be getting a 115. But it's also not fair that if they did not participate they ran the chance of getting stabbed or beaten. The CDC does not care that not only does this affect the men inside it also affects the lives of us out here. What about those who men who are waiting to go to board; this 115 more than likely will affect them. They complain about the overcrowding and how dangerous it is. Really the overcrowding is job security for them; from the head honcho to the CO's. They do not care about these mens lives and their loved ones. They are all getting paid top dollars to babysit grown men. It is evil what these officials are doing. They are playing God with these mens lives. These officials will not get away with what they are doing to these men. We may not have the power to change things in the CDC, but God can. The CDC may think they have "control" of these men, but God is in Control of everything and everyone. NO ONE IS ABOVE GOD!!! AND us on the outside are not as stupid as they think!!!! We know they are not telling us the truth and they will not tell us either.

Tricksie2645
01-12-2008, 10:18 PM
I think they have a new captain there who is trying to make a name for himself. I know at least one of the dorms on the other side were told they couldn't hang up their drippy, wet state issued rainjackets. Of course no one could tell them what they could do with them. What were they supposed to do, put them on their bunks and then sleep with wet blankets? It only takes a few to bring misery down on a whole lot of people. I'm not one for thoughts of revenge, 'cause eventually they will get theirs. Unfortunately, a lot of people may get hurt before that happens.

MrsMunoz14N
01-12-2008, 11:05 PM
JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE WENT?? I AM GOING TOMMOROW BUT IF THEY DON'T LET YOU VISIT, WHAT IS THE POINT??? HE SAYS THERE IS VISITS I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO THINK AND I KNOW I HAVE NOT SEEN HIM IN SO LONG AND HE IS ANXIOUS TO SEE ME. I AM STUCK RIGHT NOW @ 9:00 PM AND I STILL DONT KNOW IF I WANT TO GO UP THERE TO GET TURNED AWAY!!! BECAUSE IF THERE DOING THIS BS I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO THINK AND I CALLED THE PRISON SEVERAL TIMES TODAY WITH NO LUCK!! THEY NEVER I REPEAT NEVER ANSWERED THE PHONE THAT PRISON IS A JOKE!!! I CALLED ALL EXTENTIONS I COULD THINK OF VISITING FRONT ENTRANCE NOTHING!! DID ANYONE GO UP THERE???? PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!:(

missinmysonbad
01-13-2008, 12:20 PM
Good-morning
I Was Wondering If Anyone Went To Visit Too?? And Is Anyone Recieving Call? My Son Hasnt Called Sense The 5th When He Got There. Now My Phone Is Set Up To Get Calls And I Am Waiting..

Creighton_Tabby
01-13-2008, 01:59 PM
Just Wanted To Let You All Know There Is Still No Visits! I Feel So Sorry For You Guys Who Haven't Talk To Your Man Or Husband Or Son's In There. That Place Is A Mess!!

There Has To Be Something We @ Pto Can Do To Better The Visiting There.... A Friend Of Mind Thinks We Should All Get Together As A Team And Help Out With Visiting Down To How We As Outsiders Get Treated When We Are There!! I Think We All Need To Go On Strike As Well As The Inmates!! Any Idea's????????

missinmysonbad
01-13-2008, 02:32 PM
I Agree With You, I Am New At This, My Son Just Got Transferred From Cmc, He Has Only Been In Prison 7 Months And Has 6 More Years To Go, There Has Been Nothing But Drama, And No Answers!!! I Have Not Got To See Or Hear From Him( Only By Letters) But Thats Just Not Enough... I Am In On Whatever We Can Do To Try To Make A Difference..

msmomto4
01-13-2008, 06:54 PM
Creighton,

I appreciate your ideas however i am afraid that the cdc would only be too happy to see us strike...because they would prefer if we never visited. If they can build a wedge between us and our men, then they can break our men down.... if we are always there and they see us, they know that in some form or fashion... they have to be responsible for their actions. I dont know if i said that the way i wanted it to come out... however the guards at solano would be more than happy to see us stay away and it would be detrimental to our men in the long run... Our men need us to be there for them and they need those visits. I do believe that something needs to be done, i am just not sure what the best choice is for all involved. We have to remember that we dont want any one making the lives of our loved ones harder because of us.... we have to act like well rounded and responsible individiuals even when we are steaming mad over the injustices being done to our men. I dont have all the answers i just know that the cdc sees our loved ones as less than human and sees us as these uneducated welfare mothers who have nothing better to do with our time. We all know this isnt true since we are extremely intelligent and have been taking care of our homes while our loved ones are locked up....I just want them to see who we really are instead of how they stereo type us.... I hope that makes sense to you....

be blessed

Just Wanted To Let You All Know There Is Still No Visits! I Feel So Sorry For You Guys Who Haven't Talk To Your Man Or Husband Or Son's In There. That Place Is A Mess!!

There Has To Be Something We @ Pto Can Do To Better The Visiting There.... A Friend Of Mind Thinks We Should All Get Together As A Team And Help Out With Visiting Down To How We As Outsiders Get Treated When We Are There!! I Think We All Need To Go On Strike As Well As The Inmates!! Any Idea's????????

Tricksie2645
01-13-2008, 09:11 PM
There is a Family Services coordinator at Solano. His name it Ted Long. He is often around during visiting. Seems like a nice guy. He meets with the Family council (?) and the Warden, offers suggestions, tries to make changes. Some of them are small, like getting more high tables in the visiting room on B Side. He trying to get some wind breaks set up outside the Visiting processing bldg. Anyway, here is his email, you can contact him: Theodore.Long@cdcr.ca.gov There are also supposed to be suggestion form and a suggestion box in the processing room, but it was removed a couple of weeks ago. It's suposed to be re-located right inside the dorr as you go in.

Creighton_Tabby
01-13-2008, 09:52 PM
Well what I know as of now are men aren't eatting at the chow hall. They bring the food to them to the dorms or to the gyms! They can't go outside have to stay in the building.... I don't know about phone calls if there getting calls out to there love one's but if they are thats good!! They seem to be going okay so far.And this is one the A side. Gym 14.. I know people on both sides and so far so good!! I wouldn't be worried to much! And there is talk about the visiting, There saying it might be 3 weeks till we get to go visit are love ones!!! If I hear anything else I'll keep you posted. Try to relaxs a little. I know it's hard but I do know are men would want to see us take care of the home front!

Thats what I'm doing, Taking care of my boys the Bills and the house... So try to keep busy, Stay strong!

Tricksie2645
01-14-2008, 12:11 PM
Thanks for the update Creighton, My son is in H and he called around noon on Saturday. He was supposed to call back Sunday afternoon but didn't. Another forum stated they were cutting off phones there around 2:30 on Saturday. Guess they don't want anyone to know what's going on, so we can't make a stink.

Tricksie2645
01-15-2008, 11:33 AM
Just wondering if anyone has been able to calls from Yard 1 or 2 yet?

wendy tyler
01-15-2008, 12:06 PM
I haven't heard anything in days.

missinmysonbad
01-15-2008, 01:21 PM
I have not heard anything either, not even a letter! I sure wish we could hear something, It is driving me nuts... Lets keep prayin huh? Maybe today.

msmomto4
01-15-2008, 07:26 PM
Calls are beginning to come however my husband tried to call today at 12 59 but if they have already started the yard programming then he may not get another chance to call til tomarrow. I am already tired of this new program stuff and it hasnt even started... maybe he will still get to call me tonight... i will hope and pray....

Tricksie2645
01-15-2008, 09:22 PM
I just got a quick call from my son. He only had a couple of minutes and they called dinner and he had to go. Whew! Funny how a two minute phone call can make you feel better. Hope the rest of you hear soon.

jmbaby
01-16-2008, 02:00 AM
My boyfriend called today. He said they were allowed to use the phone and take showers. Yard and day room time was limited. The guys are not happy with the changes. They still do not know when they will be able to go back to work. That "new" captain is turning Solano upside down and making everyones life miserable; just because he can. He is EVIL!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

PTO-110524
01-16-2008, 09:41 AM
Why is the warden allowing one captain so much authority to change programming? I mean is the guy even an AW or is he just a yard captain. It would seem to me that the warden would have to 'sign off' on these program changes.

PTO-110524
01-16-2008, 11:47 AM
I received the IAC meeting minutes from my friend on Yard 1 and have scanned them into my computer. The original was very light and faded, but you can still get most of what is written. 50413

jmbaby
01-16-2008, 12:49 PM
Why is the warden allowing one captain so much authority to change programming? I mean is the guy even an AW or is he just a yard captain. It would seem to me that the warden would have to 'sign off' on these program changes.

That's exactly the same thing I was questioning. But then I heard the Associate Warden for level 3, J.A. Singh signed off the program changes. I read somewhere that the new capitan that came in to Solano is Capt. Peck. He came from High Desert Prison and caused the same problems over there as well. Basically anywhere he goes he makes drastic changes that causes problems within the inmates. His thinking is he wants to make the inmates life miserable.

wendy tyler
01-16-2008, 01:05 PM
aliferzwife, you are a wealth of info. Thanks for the link.

PTO-110524
01-16-2008, 02:06 PM
My pleasure. I have a very dear friend who is in Solano and he sends me everything. My husband sends me everything from KVSP, so I'm always getting PSR's, MAC reports, IAC minutes, chronos, Canteen lists, etc. HAHA I'm an info junkie!! :D

PTO-110524
01-16-2008, 02:08 PM
If Peck came from HDSP and the AW is backing him - you guys are in for it. Lockdowns are LONG and frequent at HDSP. He sounds like a real piece of work. I don't know why he felt the need to 'fix' something that wasn't broke.

jmbaby
01-16-2008, 02:40 PM
If Peck came from HDSP and the AW is backing him - you guys are in for it. Lockdowns are LONG and frequent at HDSP. He sounds like a real piece of work. I don't know why he felt the need to 'fix' something that wasn't broke.

Exactly, why fix something that did not need fixing. What it is; its easier to control a level 4 program than a level 3. Peck seems to think that "these inmates" are having too much fun. He wants to make their lives miserble. Not only that, Peck wants to take the level 3 imates jobs and give them to all level 2 inmates. The only jobs level 3's have are bindery and Metal Fab. The other jobs belong to level 2 inmates. So that means over 800 level 3 inmates will be left with nothing to do all day. This is only my opinion but I feel that Peck is only setting these guys up to start a riot that way his reason for changing programs will become valid. Peck is on a major power trip. He is nothing short of the devil incarnate!!! And I have no doubt when the damage is done at Solano; Peck will just go to another prison to do the same.

Tricksie2645
01-16-2008, 02:57 PM
That's exactly the same thing I was questioning. But then I heard the Associate Warden for level 3, J.A. Singh signed off the program changes. I read somewhere that the new capitan that came in to Solano is Capt. Peck. He came from High Desert Prison and caused the same problems over there as well. Basically anywhere he goes he makes drastic changes that causes problems within the inmates. His thinking is he wants to make the inmates life miserable.

Unfortunately, it's working. :angry:

msmomto4
01-16-2008, 05:03 PM
okay ladies here is the question of the hour. How do we the wives, girlfriends and family members of these guys make a difference? So how do we as their loved ones use the brains we all have to make changes out here without affecting our loved ones safety on the inside due to retalitation?

Any ideas? I dont want to cause more problems for the loved ones we have on the inside but is there anything we can accomplish out here to help them inside? I am not sure i like the sound of what all they are taking from them... do we have any recourse for them?

jmbaby
01-16-2008, 05:14 PM
okay ladies here is the question of the hour. How do we the wives, girlfriends and family members of these guys make a difference? So how do we as their loved ones use the brains we all have to make changes out here without affecting our loved ones safety on the inside due to retalitation?

Any ideas? I dont want to cause more problems for the loved ones we have on the inside but is there anything we can accomplish out here to help them inside? I am not sure i like the sound of what all they are taking from them... do we have any recourse for them?

I agree with you. The only thing that stops a lot of us from making some kind of noise is because our loved ones inside suffer from it. The CDC union is very powerful and will always stand behind their own no matter if it is right or wrong. They have no morals and no concept of what is right and fair. Their job title should not be Correctional Officers but a high-paid babysitter. Its all a power trip for them. I will however defend the very few CO's who are not corrupt as the majority.

Tricksie2645
01-16-2008, 07:15 PM
That is the question of the decade. I am so afraid of saying anything because I don't want any retaliation to happen and it can happen in so many ways, so if anyone has any ideas (constructive ones, I can come up with the other kind), I'm open.

That whole mail and package thing is a joke. I sent my son two books the middle of November. Had to re-order them just before Christmas and he still doesn't have them. Then the mail room has decided it won't accept single copy mags anymore? Five of those were delivered 12/2 and he never received them, nor were they sent back. Just makes me so angry everytime I try to talk to them, that I've stopped for a while.

PTO-110524
01-17-2008, 04:07 PM
Prisoners have no strike rights
Reporter Editor:

Article Launched: 01/17/2008 08:06:37 AM PST

Notwithstanding the weakness of California State Prison, Solano's administration and The Reporter's practice of taking California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation statements carte blanche, the fact is inmates do not have a right to demonstrate or strike ("Inmates exercising rights," The Reporter, Jan. 9).

According to California Government Code Section 3315, "Inmate misconduct shall be classified serious if it involves ... A serious disruption of facility operations. .... Serious rule violations include but are not limited to: Refusal to perform work or participate in a program as ordered or assigned ... Participation in a strike or work stoppage."

http://www.thereporter.com/letters/ci_7997579

wendy tyler
01-18-2008, 11:06 AM
Well it's 11 o'clock in Mexico, and I find myself sitting here waiting for aliferzwife to tell us what's up!
Wendy

PTO-110524
01-18-2008, 11:56 AM
LOL - if you mean at Solano, I have no new info. I did hear that they are getting visits this weekend though. I guess you will all be calling the hotline to check. I hope those of you with guys there CAN visit and that they are wonderful visits. :D

concernedcousin
01-18-2008, 11:28 PM
My cousin is at Solano and I knew only that there was a new captain and that any time there is a new one, people inside get upset.

They've also had MSNBC out there to do a series on the VORG group. Two episodes have already aired. Don't know when the others are scheduled for.
I am hoping that this series entitiled "Conviction", doesn't hurt any of these particular mens chances of parole. The media has a tendency to sensationalize things.

At the same time, media like the newspapers and television stations are useful in getting anonymous tips too, about problems like the retaliation against our loved ones. Letters/emails/phone calls to your local, state and federal officials can sometimes also be helpful.

Just my opinion, but I feel this new captain is a jerk. It's like he's wanting the place to erupt into chaos. That's not the way to handle things.

Tricksie2645
01-19-2008, 08:52 PM
Guess they pulled visits for yards 3 & 4 due to health concerns?? Supposedly some guys in a couple of the blgds have tested positive for TB. Sometimes I wonder if they don't mess with visiting just to keep things stirred up.

jmbaby
01-20-2008, 12:12 AM
Guess they pulled visits for yards 3 & 4 due to health concerns?? Supposedly some guys in a couple of the blgds have tested positive for TB. Sometimes I wonder if they don't mess with visiting just to keep things stirred up.

So true, it seems that certain times of the year there are lockdowns. I believe that the CO's "stir up the pot" to cause a riot. I have no respect for these "power trip" CO's. There are a few who are not like that. Co's are like bullies in a school yard picking on the more timid kid. They know they can get away with it too. I heard the same; they found someone from either yard 3 or 4 with TB. They sent him to the hospital.
concernedcousin, you're so right, the new captain is a jerk!!!

MrsMunoz14N
01-20-2008, 01:35 AM
I spoke to my husband who is on yard 3 and he said they locked them all down and that a lot of nurses went into his dorm and asked them a lot of questions about tb and he said the nurse told him to answer NO to all the questions she was asking him. That another guy told them he had been having a lot of cought latetly and that she replied "it's the flu" so to me this all seems to weired why would a nurse tell you to reply no? to health and medical cincerns? I would not let my dr/nurse tell me what i am feeling. My husband said that they locked building 14 back up again..his worried about this if it is true this virious going on or if it's all staged but that they definatly locked them all down and all this nurses, that i have no idea where they were hired at but not good..just my two cents

Tricksie2645
01-23-2008, 04:35 PM
I spoke with my son last night and as of then they still haven't had yard since before the sit-down. They can use the phone, and are getting canteen, packages, etc, but no yard. Man that stinks

LENA ALLRED
01-23-2008, 06:24 PM
I Just Wanted To Know If Anyone Has Heard Anything New About The Lock Down. I Keep Calling The Hotline And I Check Back Here Frequently. I Havent Heard Anything From My Husband. He Hasnt Called And I Havent Received Any Mail From Him. I Just Wish That I Could Hear His Voice Or Get Something From Him. Can Anyone Give Me Any Info On Yard 4????? It Would Be Greatly Appreciated!!!

concernedcousin
01-25-2008, 08:42 PM
Would like to know if anyone has any updates? Especially, if anyone has good news to share!

LENA ALLRED
01-31-2008, 02:00 PM
WE CAN FINALLY GO SEE OUR MEN
AGAIN!!!! I AM SO HAPPY. IT HAS BEEN NEARLY A MONTH SINCE I SAW HIM. :beer: HAVE A NICE DAY EVERYONE!!!!

wtomatoo1030
01-31-2008, 02:41 PM
that means everything is alright now in solano? no lockdown? no strike? no more new case of TB?

LENA ALLRED
02-01-2008, 09:00 AM
The Message On The 800 Number Says That The Whole Facility Can Get Visits Today So I'm Sure It Will Be Packed!!

jmbaby
02-02-2008, 09:19 PM
I did not go visit this weekend for that reason; it was packed. My friend went to visit her husband today. She said way too much drama to go through just to have her visit terminated.

MrsMunoz14N
02-03-2008, 11:46 PM
I did not go visit this weekend for that reason; it was packed. My friend went to visit her husband today. She said way too much drama to go through just to have her visit terminated.I went to visit today:D and no one got terminated well it seemed more crowded then the last time i was there but it was pretty good today:thumbsup: i visit the other side yard 3,4 side..maybe super bowl?? had something to do with it? but it still was crowded..not good for the1 and half hour we spent getting the food and warming it up:( my feet hella hurt..lol:o

kco350
02-26-2008, 10:51 PM
my husband is being transferred to solano from soledad - is the strike still on? also is there a solano group site on the internet??

Thanks

msmomto4
02-27-2008, 04:51 AM
Kco,

No the strike has been over for more than a month and there is a yahoo group for solano however PTO does not have a specific group for solano...hope that helps.

msmomto4