View Full Version : Please Help New To Scp-solano Vacaville

MrsMunoz14N
12-28-2007, 10:49 PM
My man just got sent to solano today:eek: and i have no idea what to expect can anyone help me??? and do you ladies know if the northern hispanics are on lockdown no visits, for level two? does anyone know how soon before they can get visits? and how long before they can use the phone? can they even use the phones?? and how is the overcrowding at visit? i would appreciate any info and thank you so much!:) also can you send out mail without his housing they said i would not know until monday..:( i just need to send him some post cards..thanks a lot everyone

MrsMunoz14N
12-28-2007, 11:41 PM
=)

wendy tyler
12-29-2007, 09:30 AM
MrsM, my son has been at Solano for about 3 weeks. Your hubbies # will be the same as the one in reception. If you put his full name, then # send to CSP Solano, P.O. Box 4000, Vacaville, CA 95696 4000

If you need to call the phone # is 707 451 0182. If you mail him with the DOC# you have now, he should receive your postcards. I hope this helps, I'm sorry I don't have any info. on the lockdown, but someone will come along and tell us more. Good luck MrsM, doesn't this just suck?

wendy tyler
12-29-2007, 09:40 AM
MrsM, I should have mentioned that I was in the same panic you are in 3 weeks ago. From what I have learned Solano is one of the more laid back prisons, my son likes it there as opposed to Wasco, where he was in reception. They are treated fairly, they had a barbeque just before Christmas, and roast beef on Christmas. He is also level 2, but they have everyone segregated according to race. My son is with the white guys, even though he was raised here in Mexico. Hey, we don't make the rules.
I am happy that of all the prisons in Cali., that my son is in Solano, and I have gotten the same response from everyone that responded to my panic cry 3 weeks ago. So relax, your guy is in the best of hands. Take care, I hope to hear from you again. Wendy

MrsMunoz14N
12-30-2007, 12:16 AM
Thank you so much for the information, he actually called me yesterday and today! quite a few times:D i am still a little confused about visiting but i hope to go soon..maybe next weekend..start off the year on a good note right? is anyone here from the east bay visiting solano???

jmbaby
12-30-2007, 12:54 AM
Mrsmonuz, the northern hispanics from yard two are on lockdown. What is is building number? There are two sides at Solano. When you do go visit you can not be there before 7 am. You can't park along Peabody Rd. if you do the Vacaville police will give you a ticket. At 7 am you can park your car on the grounds. Then you have to get in line under the tarp they have out there. The CO comes out and issues out tickets. When there is a lockdown usually you will not have to wait in line; you can just walk in and process. If your man is on yards 3 or 4 then you will have to take a shuttle to the other side; you still process in the main office. The CO's are laid back, actually they are friendly but you break the rules then they will get tough. The visiting room does get crowded. Before the CO's start terminating visits they ask for volunteers to end their visit. After that they terminate visits after two hours of visiting. When there is a lockdown they usually do not terminate. Also if you have not visited in 45 days; they will not terminate your visit. I have heard horror stories about other prisons in California. Solano is much more laid back than others. I hope you get to visit your man soon!!!