View Full Version : How would I go about sending money to an inmate in NC?

annat
12-27-2007, 07:59 PM
Hi Everybody,

My fiance is in a Florida facility and one of his buddies in there has a brother in a North Carolina facility.....and he wants to send his brother some money as a belated Christmas surprise. He asked me to find out how to go about getting that sent. BUT, I looked on WesternUnion and Jpay (two ways I send money to my fiance in FL), and I don't see any NC facilities listed. How would he (or if need be, I would send it for him) go about getting money to his brother. Can a money order or check be sent directly to him, or does it need to go to an inmate account thing? He is currently at Johnston(?) C.I.

THANK YOU!!!!

snitch
12-28-2007, 04:01 AM
money order sent directly to him, no personal checks

MsAkbar
12-28-2007, 08:55 AM
Send him a money order with his Name and ID# on it.

annat
12-28-2007, 09:38 AM
Thank you so much. WOuld sending a check with his name and number on it be okay? My guy's friend said he would prefer to send him money himself, and in FLorida inmates are allowed to have checks cut from their account.

Thank you again for your replies!

laydlyke
12-28-2007, 09:58 AM
No, it has to be a money order. NCDOC doesn't allow anything but money orders. Sorry.

mel2020
12-28-2007, 10:22 AM
Can he cut the check to you meanwhile you send the MO? You can put his name on there as the sender (since they probably won't have record of him being an inmate in FL). Just don't indicate in any way he's also an inmate or they may deny it. Your friend in NC will understand seeing as how they only allow MO's.

annat
12-28-2007, 03:21 PM
I think that's what I will do....have him send me the check and then I'll send his brother a money order. They do write letters back and forth (I guess because they're brothers, even though they're both inmates they ARE allowed to correspond), but I don't think he can get the FL Inmate Trust Fund place to send a money order rather than a check.