View Full Version : How do I find out sentence/release date in California?

irongirl433
12-23-2007, 12:07 PM
I want to find out his release date, is there a way? I don't really know how much time he got sentenced to for that matter, any ideas?????????

Judeca
12-24-2007, 09:14 PM
I want to find out his release date, is there a way? I don't really know how much time he got sentenced to for that matter, any ideas?????????

First, do you know where he was sent to? If so, and you have his full name and birth date, call the records department and they will give you his address. Then you will need to write him and he can give you this information. Otherwise, it's considered private and confidential.

Gryphon
12-26-2007, 08:00 PM
If you know the county he was sentenced in, the court file will give you enough information so that you can figure it out. There are release date calculation threads, or you can check in at the CA forum and ask for help.
You'll need the sentence date, the sentance (including any enhancements), and local credits awarded when sentenced. This'll be on teh minute orders from the date of sentencing, as well as the abstract of judgement that goes to CDCR. If possible, you also need to know if he recieved Fire Camp once at prison (and if you know, when he statrted that.)
Knowing that, you can find out what custody credits he'd earn in prison.
If you don't know the county, you can find out by hiring a PI. It won't cost much because they will use a subscription computer database. It'll cost a bit more if you want them to gather records. It could cost quite a bit more if you want a comprehensive background search.

strongstacey
12-30-2007, 08:09 PM
In Illinois we have the Illinois department of corrections web site and there yu can do an inmate search yu have to know either his DOC# his last name or his birthdate. Maybe you can search the web for California Department of Corrections and they may have the same option for looking up inamtes. This should tell you where he is and when his projected release is.

soinlove2004
12-30-2007, 08:15 PM
In California they wont give out the release dates at all. You will have to get it from the inmate. That is if they are in a California State Prison, I dont knoe how it works for County Jail.

kima
12-30-2007, 10:32 PM
In California they wont give out the release dates at all. You will have to get it from the inmate. That is if they are in a California State Prison, I dont knoe how it works for County Jail.

Had to laugh at this! Maybe they "won't" give out the release date, 'cause they can't... they haven't figured it out for themselves yet! ;)
(For more info, read the posts about what's happening in the CA prison system, and all the miscalculating of sentences that's been happening).

PTO-110524
12-31-2007, 09:37 AM
California (CDCr) does not give any information in inmates. The only thing you can find out in this state is the CDC# and prison where the inmate is - and to get that you must have full name and DOB and you must call Sacramento to the Inmate Locator.

Many states are no longer posting this info online, but there are still some that do.

As far as I know, his sentencing abstract should be public domain - might take a bit of work at the courthouse, however.

Best to just ask him.

PookieJude
01-03-2008, 04:32 AM
Other than asking the inmate I'm not sure.