View Full Version : Ventura County Work Furlough PLEASE HELP

lmh1987
12-18-2007, 11:30 PM
Well, Long story short, i was sentenced to 8 months jail time in Ventura county. My lawyer told me i was screened and approved for a work furlough program. What exactly is work furlough? Do they just release us everyday to go to work, then return to a housing facility? How much does it cost? Does your job have to be within a certain range(distance)? Please help, i have no idea how to go about this.

Thanks in advance

-Luke

cat805
12-19-2007, 12:29 AM
Hi Imh.....and to a fellow 805'er.....Work furlough does allow you to continue working. You may have you're vehicle for transportation to get to and from. Other than maybe an approved doctor appointment, you have a certain amount of travel time allowed for your ride to work and back. The rest of your time you remain in their facility. You can have visits in the park area with family and friends...it is pretty liberal. Your visitors can bring food and have a picnic. You are also allowed to have some money on your books and make some phone calls.

If you don't have a job, you can be enrolled full-time (I think it is) in school...including trade schools. Hope this info is helpful to you...Good Luck...~Cat

blue7
12-19-2007, 09:23 AM
You do have to pay to be in work furlough also your job has to sign a form at the end of the week. So if you did want your job to find out they will. My husband had the same problem so he decided to take a personal leave from work to do his time. It's like paying a hotel a week.

lmh1987
12-19-2007, 06:07 PM
Thank you both for the info. Do you have an idea how much it is? I heard $450 a week? Is that accurate?