View Full Version : Visitation at Eastern Reception Diagnostic & Correctional Center in Missouri

SpeakEasy
12-12-2007, 11:03 PM
So i know this sounds bad but my guy is in ERDCC, and he wants me to visit him but i don't think thats a great idea to even apply because i'm in drug court in st. louis city i'm not a convicted felon but it is pending. i just don't want to ruin a better chance of him getting out faster cause they see i have that. what should i do tell him no he can't get a visit or try and see what happens?

hislilbunny
12-12-2007, 11:56 PM
If he puts you on his visitor list , they will run a background check on you(I've been told a pretty thorough one). It is best to be upfront and honest with the DOC. Most likely they will find out anyway, it will be worse for him if he lies about the situation, especially if his "home plan" includes living with you, etc. I know if you are on probation you are NOT allowed visiting status. I am sure the DOC has seen this type of thing before , if not worse. Hang in there and take care of your legal issues first. Also, you might want to go to the DOC website, it has a lot of info re: rules, mail, phones, etc. Here is the link:
http://www.doc.mo.gov/pdf/FFWeb.pdf

Christy
12-13-2007, 09:19 PM
you will not be approved with pending charges. you also may not be approved for him to parole home to. if the charges are cleared up before he goes to a perm facility, then you may get approved to visit, but not if you are sentenced to anything.

hislilbunny
12-14-2007, 12:34 AM
Hey Christy, do you know if you are approved at FRDC and then the inmate is moved to a different perm. facility do you have to go thru the whole proccess again to get approved for visiting at the new facility? Or once you are appproved then are you always approved? I just found out I was approved yesterday(which happened quite fast in the DOC world-only like2 weeks-WOW!), just wondering if/when he gets moved if I have to do it all over again.
BTW- I have a "deferred prosecution" on a case and was approved. I think because, well the way my atty. explained it is w/deferred prosecution you case basically stops, if when your time is up and no issues then the case just "stops and goes away".
Thanks.

gribitsman
12-14-2007, 06:24 AM
I think most anyone is approved for Fulton, but once he gets to a permanent camp, he will have to submit a whole new visiting form, because for some reason, Fulton's list won't transfer to a permanent camp. I know this from being there myself and transferring to Tipton, and had to go through the whole process over. He will have to mail you a visitors form and then you'll have to mail it back in. It's more extensive and make sure you are truthful and honest on it, because they do a pretty thorough background check.

Christy
12-14-2007, 06:33 AM
I think most anyone is approved for Fulton, but once he gets to a permanent camp, he will have to submit a whole new visiting form, because for some reason, Fulton's list won't transfer to a permanent camp. I know this from being there myself and transferring to Tipton, and had to go through the whole process over. He will have to mail you a visitors form and then you'll have to mail it back in. It's more extensive and make sure you are truthful and honest on it, because they do a pretty thorough background check.

yea, what he said

nursecrachit
12-14-2007, 09:13 AM
that's correct. visiting list for diagnostic locations do not transfer with them to the assigned camps. however if he goes from one camp to another(as in our case, tipton to st joe) then the new list goes with them. as gribitman stated, he will have to send YOU a form to fill out and you'll send it back in. they DO check more on these.