View Full Version : ASPC Tucson- Echo Unit

aaronsbabygirl
12-12-2007, 11:55 AM
My Aaron got moved to there from Florence on Friday and I want to know about the unit. Has anyone had any experiences with this unit or know about it? The ADC site says that they provide work training programs like air conditioning, waste water management, construction, and auto. Is this true? I really want him to get some work skills. Any info would be appreciated thanks

aaronsbabygirl
12-13-2007, 06:23 PM
C'mon ladies, help me out please :-)

12-13-2007, 06:54 PM
Okay, Okay - I don't know anything about the Tucson prison but here is what I grabbed off of the website:

VOCATIONAL EDUCATION
The Vocational Education Programs are designed for training offenders for work within the prison, on inmate work crews, IGA' s (Intergovernmental Agreements), ACI (Arizona Correctional Industries), and to make them employable upon release.
Under A.R.S. 31-201.01, ADC contracts with seven Community Colleges around the state to provide Vocational Education instruction to offenders who have a high school diploma or GED, but who have no identifiable work or employment skills. Programs can take anywhere from six months to two years to complete. An offender may enroll in a Vocational Education Program if they do not have a high school diploma or GED if they concurrently enroll, and actively participate in the GED Preparation Program.

And here is another link:
http://www.azcorrections.gov/adc/policy_inclusion.asp?menuName=/all_includes/custommenus/do_m3.htm&fileName=/Policies/910.htm#910.04

Good Luck!!!