View Full Version : Tarpon Springs WRC Q&A

rhianon
12-05-2007, 03:14 PM
My son is approved to go there. Does anyone know anything about it?

cwgrlnfl
03-03-2008, 06:35 PM
Can anyone please explain to me how the work release works? My man just got transferred to Tarpon Work Release. How do the visits work? Can i pick him up on the weekends? can I see him while he is at work? Please Please Please help me.

GsGirl101
03-05-2008, 06:25 PM
Can anyone please explain to me how the work release works? My man just got transferred to Tarpon Work Release. How do the visits work? Can i pick him up on the weekends? can I see him while he is at work? Please Please Please help me. Every facility is different. Yes, once he arrives there you can apply to be a sponsor in order to pick him up for 8 hours on the weekend. It normally takes 30 or 60 days to be approved, but it really depends on the facility. Visitation should be the same; sat & sun 9-3p.m. Have you tried calling the facility he's at? they should give you the run down on how things work there.
Good Luck.

cwgrlnfl
03-06-2008, 08:52 PM
thank you I called there today. He has to be there 30 days then i have to fill out paper work and if approved i can pick him for 4 hours. After not seeing him in a year I will take what ever I can get!!!!! thank you for your help

cwgrlnfl
03-06-2008, 08:54 PM
Once he is there he will either be assigned to a job or will have to find one. After 30 days you can fill out paperwork to be a sponsor to pick him up for so many hours. he will have to send you the paperwork.

outkast
08-19-2008, 04:50 PM
i was at the bartow work release, your allowed to visit if you go and fill out the paper work then the major at that camp will either approve you or disapprove most likely you will be approved if you were on his prison visiting list.

visits are on sat and sun from 9:00 am to 3:00pm and if he gets furloghs it will be from 9am 5pm and yes you can pick him up

good luck i hope this helps.:thumbsup:

irishlve13
03-19-2009, 07:29 PM
do you know how to set up the phone so my son can call me??? Please help!

Jamesyswife
03-22-2009, 08:51 AM
do you know how to set up the phone so my son can call me??? Please help!
Call correctional billing services 1-800-644-6591 and follow prompts. They will put on a customer service rep and get you set up for prepay or bill your phone company. The choice is yours.

sunshine5859
06-30-2009, 01:53 PM
I have good friend in Tarpon Springs, If any of you have access to speak to anyone in there could you PLEASE send message to Dennis Gilpin to write Diana in Indiana. I would appreciate it very much!

shwnsbby02
08-05-2009, 04:03 PM
my fiancee was approved to go there, if he has to look for a job how much time will he be given and what will happen if he can't find one? I'm new to all of this I'm not sure any of this works some guidance would be grealty appreciated. Thank you soo much

burntfingers
01-10-2011, 04:25 PM
My husband would like to get transferred here when his time is up to go to work release.

What information can you give me about Tarpon Springs WRC? What's visitation like? Is there a waiting list? What can he have from home? How often can he have furloughs?

Any info you can give me would be greatly appreciated!

mhern213
02-23-2012, 06:11 AM
The last post I can find on work release centers in from 2009. My son is currently at Tarpon Springs WRC, I'm trying to find some family members to speak with. One of the issue I find is that they need quarters to call home, but it takes weeks to refill the machine and they will not allow us to take them change.

I'd like to find out more about the jobs and riding those bicycles through dark roads late at night.

There are a few other issues but I'd like to speak confidentially. If you have a family member at TSWRC, please respond.

NAN425
02-23-2012, 07:13 AM
The last post I can find on work release centers in from 2009. My son is currently at Tarpon Springs WRC, I'm trying to find some family members to speak with. One of the issue I find is that they need quarters to call home, but it takes weeks to refill the machine and they will not allow us to take them change.

I'd like to find out more about the jobs and riding those bicycles through dark roads late at night.

There are a few other issues but I'd like to speak confidentially. If you have a family member at TSWRC, please respond.

I suggest sending a PM to the person above you on this thread to see if her husband ever made it to this facility and she can answer your questions.

It's hard on here to get current info about the work release centers. They are so small, the odds that a family member of another current inmate from there is a member of this board are small. It helps if everyone who goes to a WRC posts all the current info they have so that later the info is as up-to-date as possible for the next person looking for that center.

burntfingers
10-02-2013, 08:51 PM
My husband just got to Tarpon today ... I'll be visiting him Saturday and Sunday, so if anyone has any questions, please let me know and I will try to find out the answers for you. :)