View Full Version : New Here....

misskit
12-01-2007, 05:11 PM
Hi, all! I posted my intro on the main page. But, my husband went in last Tuesday so I'm at 5 days right now. Some days I ache for him so bad it feels like I'm grieving the dead and some days I think he's lucky he's locked up cause I could just smack him! I wasn't able to go to sentencing and that night when he called to let me know what happened he said 14 months, but, when I looked on inmate locator it says June 15 '10 is his release! I'm just so angry/hurt/frustrated I can't even see straight. To make matters worse we have a 7 year old boy and a 2 year old girl and they just don't understand this at all. I can handle the pain he's cause me but, NOT them. He's supposed to call tonight and my stomach is in knots. I haven't spoken with him since I found out he lied and I don't even know what to say. How do you all get thru this? I feel like I'm going to lose my mind!:angry:

galgrif
12-01-2007, 05:21 PM
Hi Kit, welcome to the Colorado forum.

I think we can all relate to what you're feeling, especially the part about smacking them, lol!

You will be ok, trust me, you will. It is tough at first, and never easy, but eventually you will feel better.

Why would he lie about his sentence? 15 months and 3 years is a big difference!

LeaAnn
12-01-2007, 06:06 PM
Welcome to PTO!

ChicosgrrlinCO
12-01-2007, 06:16 PM
Welcome to PTO/Colorado. We're all here to give you hugs & support :grouphug:

24jf
12-02-2007, 02:15 PM
Glad to see you found your way to the Colorado forum.

Just a word to the wise... don't believe everything you read on the DOC website. Just this week I got the surprise of my month when I saw my loved one's parole hearing was scheduled for January 2008... this was after he told me that he saw the board mid November. After talking to him I found out it was a paperwork mess up... I would suggest giving your man the benefit of doubt until you are able to talk to him.

Whatever you find out, know we'll be here for you to lean on and we'll help you through all the days ahead of you.

:grouphug:

irshnrse
12-02-2007, 02:27 PM
misskit--Sorry we missed your original post! I am glad you found your way here. The best advice I can give is to just take it day by day. It will get better. It's so hard when they first go in, we have all been there. Where is located? DRDC still?

MountainMom
12-02-2007, 02:41 PM
MissKit,
Welcome to PTO. I'm not from CO, but I saw your post and thought you could use a friendly voice. There are many many of us who are going through and have gone through what you and your family are right now. It's an emotional roller coaster ride, but the people on PTO can be very supportive and the site itself is very informative.

I hope the talk with your hubby went better than you had expected and you've been able to straighten out the time issue. For many of us it's simply taking it one day at a time and making the most out of what hand we are dealt. I hope you find much love and compassion here and the time passes relatively smoothly.

seansbabyluv
12-03-2007, 06:48 AM
Hi MissKit! Welcome to PTO. Your hubby may not be lying, he could be giving you his Parole Eligibility Date. A lot of offenders use that instead of their MRD. Not to mention with earned time, he could be out in 14 months...it just depends on his sentence. PM me and I'll be happy to help you figure it out as close as I can...I would be the champ at that. My hubby was in for 24 months and was out in 20. Your husband should make sure he gets jail time credit, and if he was already on parole, that will make a mess of it, but it's still easy to figure out. One thing is for sure, you are not alone in this...plenty of us have been through it and are still going through it. Whether the sentence is a short bid or lifelong, we still feel the same grief. It will get better with time...it just doesn't feel like it right now. Enjoy your kids, they will at least keep you busy and you won't feel so lonely taking care of them. You will be ok and make it through this!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v350/blondevixen/i178868103_48058_4.jpg

scaredinlove
12-03-2007, 03:24 PM
Welcome to PTO...Keep hope, faith and love.

Sunshine80202
12-07-2007, 02:38 PM
Welcome to PTO. I haven't been here long, but long enough to learn NOT to trust something just because the DOC has it posted.

Marla

Tina Mosely
12-11-2007, 06:20 PM
Welcome MissKit :)

MountainMom
12-31-2007, 07:22 AM
MissKit,
I see you haven't been on in awhile, I hope you are doing okay. We're here if you need us....

kevnsunny
12-31-2007, 09:02 AM
misskit i too am from grand junction colorado lived there for seven years,would love to talk to you anytime you need a friend im in the same boat you are with your husband being gone so if you need a friend feel free to pm me anytime ok huggss to you and trust me it may not seem like it now but it does get better it really does