View Full Version : Closing Gym at Solano??

Tricksie2645
11-23-2007, 10:39 AM
At our last visit, my son said they have heard the gym (H bldg) is scheduled to be closed by the end of December. No idea where they are going to move the (250 or so) guys that are housed there. Some are being sent out of state. Does anyone else have any information on this? or can anyone advise me how to find out if this is true or just another rumor? One guy there has received notice that he is being sent out of state...he's not INS and he has family visits and ties here, so my son is worried he might also be sent to Mississippi or wherever.

Sunflower76
11-26-2007, 02:21 PM
I haven't heard anything. Maybe someone who visited this weekend will have heard...

davidandbridget
11-26-2007, 10:42 PM
My husband is in the other gym and he also told me that they were moving inmates out of state, i looked at the thread at the top of this page titled Out of State Facilities, FAQ. There were 5 basic criteria they were looking for to move inmates.....please read it for yourself just to be sure, my husband also said they were making a bunch of moves in the gym where he is at, but didn't say anything about closing it down....i will ask....if you have problems finding what i'm talking about, let me know and i'll see if i can paste it here....

Tricksie2645
11-27-2007, 06:00 PM
I have read the criteria and my son only fits the last one...other inmates as determined by CDCR... He isn't INS and has his daughter, his grandmother and me that visit. The thing that is worrysome is that a guy a couple of bunks away isn't INS and also has family ties here and he's received his transfer (to out of state) papers last week. My son has some medical, mental health and dental issues, but not sure if they are severe enough to allow him to be sent out of state, what I am really concerned about is that they decide to send everyone in the gym to another facility. Any place they would send him would be farther away and be much harder for visiting, etc. It's just so frustrating to not know what they are planning to do.

Tricksie2645
11-27-2007, 09:27 PM
My son just called. He's scheduled to see his counselor tomorrow (not his request), so may know more info tomorrow night. Doesn't sound good...All good thoughts and prayers greatfully accepted. I'll post more tomorrow.

JMK
11-27-2007, 10:15 PM
Okay, I'm sending all my good thoughts your way. Try not to drive yourself too crazy thinking about it and wondering, since maybe it's just something routine they're meeting about. I'll be rooting for you guys!

My son just called. He's scheduled to see his counselor tomorrow (not his request), so may know more info tomorrow night. Doesn't sound good...All good thoughts and prayers greatfully accepted. I'll post more tomorrow.

Tricksie2645
11-29-2007, 08:52 AM
Thanks JMK...Thursday morning and no phone call. Could be on lockdown, could be bad news he doesn't want to share, could be a lot of things, but will find out eventually. The not knowing is the worst part. Oh well, it is what it is.