View Full Version : Should masturbation in prison be allowed?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

ann3
11-14-2007, 02:10 PM
Recently in the News, A Florida inmate was convicted of masturbating while alone in his jail cell, and is only one of eight cases being prosecuted. All were charged by a female deputy monitoring jail security cameras.

abajournal.com/news/eight_inmates_in_prison_masturbation_case/

A friend of mine, her husband is in a MI prison, and this is an issue for them.

Do you feel the prison should have control over private sexual activity, and the loss of those privileges be a part of the punishment for being in prison?

OR

Should private sex acts be a human right , and laws now prohibiting masturbation in prisons or jails be abolished?

MissingMyDaniel
11-14-2007, 02:37 PM
Isn't that part of a human's base nature? Must eat, sleep, potty and procreate. I would think it was considered inhumane and cruel to deny any of these. What really suprises me is there hasn't been riots over this?!!! I wonder if there are medical reprecussions to the build up and nonrelease of sperm?

ohwhatacruise
11-14-2007, 03:08 PM
I would think if they were not doing it IN FRONT of the CO which I have CO friends here at AZ State prisons who say some inmates are just gross and harrass them that way..then they should be reprimanded but please... since when does a single man in a cell alone curing himself of tension a bother to anyone...I think they are just making inmates lives more problems than they need to...

ToTheSimpsons
11-14-2007, 03:10 PM
I wonder if there are medical reprecussions to the build up and nonrelease of sperm?

Blue Balls - Every man must release, there is no way a man can keep that in without medically hurting themselves. Not like Im a expert :rolleyes: in that area or anything

bobbysbaby
11-14-2007, 03:11 PM
My hubby always said they were considerate, your celly would give you your privacy when asked. I don't think it should be an issue if done "privately" or at least as private as they can.

shelle1980
11-14-2007, 03:16 PM
This is completely ridiculous! I would never think that this is something that an inmate could be prosecuted for. Isn’t masturbation considered a natural human activity? I think that way back in sex ed class we were taught that it was “normal” and “natural.”

Cronesong
11-14-2007, 03:23 PM
Recently in the News, A Florida inmate was convicted of masturbating while alone in his jail cell, and is only one of eight cases being prosecuted. All were charged by a female deputy monitoring jail security cameras.

Do you feel the prison should have control over private sexual activity, and the loss of those privileges be a part of the punishment for being in prison?

OR

Should private sex acts be a human right , and laws now prohibiting masturbation in prisons or jails be abolished?

Absolutely such laws should be abolished
I find it absolutely ludicrous that anyone can possibly be charged for masturbating in the privacy of his cell

Oh hang on a minute....... is there more to this than meets the eye ?

If as ' ohwhatacruise ' says and inmates use this to sexually harass or intimidate the female officers and if the inmates were deliberately jacking off to the cameras perhaps knowing there was a female CO watching ?

well then I can understand them being charged

barbie16118
11-14-2007, 03:44 PM
Men could reduce their risk of developing prostate cancer through regular masturbation, researchers suggest.
They say cancer-causing chemicals could build up in the prostate if men do not ejaculate regularly.

men need to masturbate on the regular its actually a health issue. the top of my post was copied from a mens magazine and and it has been in news papers. masturbation helps prevent prostate cancer.
MO on it is it should be allowed in prison .

mrsdjones
11-14-2007, 03:49 PM
DOC should not have control over privite acts!

NileMusiq
11-14-2007, 03:51 PM
My thoughts are that you have done everything to dehumanize these men and punish instead of rehabilitate, so what's next/ Grind them in the ground for being human with needs.

My wish, that I could see Courtney do it;) That's another thread called what would you do if in a cell for 24 hours? Sorry for being crass, my humanness got in the way. Got to suppress those feelings sometimes, but ALL the time! Please, let them have some privacy, reduce the risks of prostate cancer and avoid the need to seek sex while inside.....

Wobabi
11-14-2007, 03:52 PM
Barbie thanks for the Info! I will be passing that along!
Not to Boo of course,,He handles his bizness!
but really this is dumb crap,,,more dudes get in trouble with sexual stuff with female cos than anything I bet if it was no females,,that would drop to about zero:rolleyes:

ToTheSimpsons
11-14-2007, 03:56 PM
Barbie thanks for the Info! I will be passing that along!
Not to Boo of course,,He handles his bizness!

Care to share who?:confused:

JERRYSGIRL05
hell i dont like to know that my man is doing it but at least its after one of OUR moments on the phone and hes alone in his cell, gazing at MY pictures, thinking of ME. daaaang, let them do what they gotta do. at least its not towards the co's or harassing them. i swear they cant think of nothing else so they have to find things to complain about. my man can do what hes gotta do as long as he takes care of his own business and not anyone else.

lmonet
I say they should be able to do what necessary I don't agree with disrespecting anyone though

LamontLover
11-14-2007, 04:32 PM
:eek: what?! convicted? aint he already locked up? okay, talking about taking the gas out of the car and you need to go to WALMART... what next? making them pay for the cotton pickin air they breathe?! My God... :blah:

OR

Anjewel
11-14-2007, 05:02 PM
I hate to speak without being able to quote who or where, but a judge in (Florida, I think) has decided that the inside of a cell isn't a private place as the guards are required to check on the guys and gals every so often...

I think it's a messed up situation...it's always been messed up.

mrs.battsiii
11-14-2007, 06:22 PM
battman says some guys just DO NOT CARE and will "gun down" or "gun" a female CO by doing that in front of her... yeah, charge if it's intentional. but a dude doing his biz with his back turned, in his cell, in the bathroom stall, i guess even in the shower if his back is turned (battman says some just do it right out in the middle in the open!) but the other situations are ok.

another form of control. :mad:

lilithinwaiting
11-14-2007, 08:03 PM
That should be a private matter and none of anyone's business.. It is silly to punish a person for something that is natural. Everyone masturbates or has at some point in life.

SpicaRigel
11-14-2007, 09:15 PM
As the saying goes..."If you dont use it, you lose it." (God Forbid!)
Thats just another way of making these men miserable and crazy. It's not right. Nothing about prison is right. It's all about making a bad situation even worse. They need to cut the guys some slack on this one.

mrschris
11-14-2007, 09:49 PM
my thoughts are...rules are rules. that's what they always say. you get caught breaking them--you suffer the consequences. or so they say.

Willsgirl
11-14-2007, 09:58 PM
When I worked there, it didnt brother me as long as they were at the back of their cell and when they heard me comming, those keys are loud, LOL, they put it up, and covered up till I was off the run, then they went back to doing their thing. but you did have guys that didnt care and they would put it out their door or even watch and see when the officer is comming and then wait till they get there and start or even stop you acting like they want to ask a question so they can do it, there are a few that will always mess it up for some.

ra&jo
11-14-2007, 10:25 PM
I believe if it is done privately, then he should do what he must. As long as they do not disrespect anyone in the facility.

ThatOneChick
11-14-2007, 11:06 PM
Isn't that part of a human's base nature? Must eat, sleep, potty and procreate. I would think it was considered inhumane and cruel to deny any of these. What really suprises me is there hasn't been riots over this?!!! I wonder if there are medical reprecussions to the build up and nonrelease of sperm?

There really isn't such a thing as a build up and nonrelease of sperm. If he goes long enough, he's bound to have a wet dream, and all is right with the world again.

JG's Baby Girl
11-14-2007, 11:42 PM
Men, by nature, and via hormones, are naturally aggressive. I don't want to come on here and be all "Professorial", but I did minor in Psychology and one thing I know for sure is that TESTOSTERONE (the male gonadal hormone) IS SCIENTIFICALLY LINKED TO MALE AGGRESSION!

I believe, theorhetically, the prison system wants to make it seem as if keeping a man's hand off his own penis is a way to "punish" him. They wish to remove from him all of his "conveniences of home". Like, he can't wake when he wants, sleep when he wants, play when he wants, or masturbate when he wants (so on and so forth).

However, it is my belief that what they are really doing is assuring the cycle of recidivism lives on...and not in the way of a prisoner being released home and his returning to prison, I am talking about creating an environment so RICH in testosterone (or pent up male aggression) that they commit violent acts against one another and give the officers opportunity to beat them or punish them or withhold further amenities from them...and extend their sentences while ALREADY incarcerated (case in point of the article the poster listed).

Men who don't have sex (out here in the world) don't go crazy and just want to beat up everything in their path. There are abstinent men out here who aren't raving lunatics...but the difference is, they are free...and not caged in small, confined, boxes.

Sexual release is calming. Most people, post orgasm, are prone to be less apt for being active at all, never mind being overly aggressive. Most folks want to go to sleep. Think about how you might have an argument with your man and then y'all have make-up sex. When it starts out, you might want to strangle him, but after that release...you want to snuggle and sleep and bask in the glow.

To suppress that form of self-achieved release...and surround a man with thousands of other men that they are suppressing sexually as well and it's like setting off hundreds and hundreds of grenades...and waiting to watch them explode. WTF?

:confused:

That, ultimately, keeps them mad, fighting, aggressive, depressed, violent and controlled by their hormones. Too much testosterone build up in a man is like a clogged pipe. If the prison was full of "happy-go-lucky" men who got along mostly and who would rather just nap than fight because they are "spent" from all that "hand work"...they'd go out of business and need for jobs would decrease. The criminal machine is oiled and kept running by keeping these men revved up and aggressive from suppressing their sexual release mechanism.
:angry:

I could go on...so let me stop. I'm glad my man seems to have a handle on being able to discreetly release. I just think they ought to stop pretending they are in the business of rehabilitation because we all know they would need fewer (not more) prisons if they'd actually help deter a person from returning to prison, or going in the 1st place. Instead they go out of their way to make sure they return to keep the machine running and jobs in place.:mad:

Ultimately, this post made me think of my man's "man part"...so now I have to go masturbate. :thumbsup: LOL! Good night, ladies!

Raquel

reggie42
11-15-2007, 08:38 AM
Men, by nature, and via hormones, are naturally aggressive. I don't want to come on here and be all "Professorial", but I did minor in Psychology and one thing I know for sure is that TESTOSTERONE (the male gonadal hormone) IS SCIENTIFICALLY LINKED TO MALE AGGRESSION!

I believe, theorhetically, the prison system wants to make it seem as if keeping a man's hand off his own penis is a way to "punish" him. They wish to remove from him all of his "conveniences of home". Like, he can't wake when he wants, sleep when he wants, play when he wants, or masturbate when he wants (so on and so forth).

However, it is my belief that what they are really doing is assuring the cycle of recidivism lives on...and not in the way of a prisoner being released home and his returning to prison, I am talking about creating an environment so RICH in testosterone (or pent up male aggression) that they commit violent acts against one another and give the officers opportunity to beat them or punish them or withhold further amenities from them...and extend their sentences while ALREADY incarcerated (case in point of the article the poster listed).

Men who don't have sex (out here in the world) don't go crazy and just want to beat up everything in their path. There are abstinent men out here who aren't raving lunatics...but the difference is, they are free...and not caged in small, confined, boxes.

Sexual release is calming. Most people, post orgasm, are prone to be less apt for being active at all, never mind being overly aggressive. Most folks want to go to sleep. Think about how you might have an argument with your man and then y'all have make-up sex. When it starts out, you might want to strangle him, but after that release...you want to snuggle and sleep and bask in the glow.

To suppress that form of self-achieved release...and surround a man with thousands of other men that they are suppressing sexually as well and it's like setting off hundreds and hundreds of grenades...and waiting to watch them explode. WTF?

That, ultimately, keeps them mad, fighting, aggressive, depressed, violent and controlled by their hormones. Too much testosterone build up in a man is like a clogged pipe. If the prison was full of "happy-go-lucky" men who got along mostly and who would rather just nap than fight because they are "spent" from all that "hand work"...they'd go out of business and need for jobs would decrease. The criminal machine is oiled and kept running by keeping these men revved up and aggressive from suppressing their sexual release mechanism.

I could go on...so let me stop. I'm glad my man seems to have a handle on being able to discreetly release. I just think they ought to stop pretending they are in the business of rehabilitation because we all know they would need fewer (not more) prisons if they'd actually help deter a person from returning to prison, or going in the 1st place. Instead they go out of their way to make sure they return to keep the machine running and jobs in place.:mad:

Ultimately, this post made me think of my man's "man part"...so now I have to go masturbate. :thumbsup: LOL! Good night, ladies!

Raquelwell said Raquel! Have fun now, lol.:D

mrschris
11-15-2007, 09:12 AM

Raquel

well written, and very true! :thumbsup:

ram63565
11-15-2007, 09:17 AM
i have to agree with whats written above and what strikes me is that these inmates must be so well behaved in all other areas that this CO has nothing to so but Monitor the time of every Emission. I mean seriously, there arent inmates arguing, placing bets, fighting, doing drugs? All the other things that they COULD be doing, this is the worst that these guys pulled?(no pun intended).
The COs should count there blessings that this is all they have to worry about and turn their heads.

Wobabi
11-15-2007, 09:37 AM
i have to agree with whats written above and what strikes me is that these inmates must be so well behaved in all other areas that this CO has nothing to so but Monitor the time of every Emission. I mean seriously, there arent inmates arguing, placing bets, fighting, doing drugs? All the other things that they COULD be doing, this is the worst that these guys pulled?(no pun intended).
The COs should count there blessings that this is all they have to worry about and turn their heads.
Egggzactly,,or how about ratting on thier co-workers who constantly bring drugs in and have sex with inmates!

SexyChef1
11-15-2007, 09:53 AM
Pure MADNESS!...What else can they do?...Soldado complains if he doesnt he will have non-stop wet dreams so either way he's gonna release himself.

LeBeau
11-15-2007, 10:09 AM
I can only imagine how thrilled the prospective jurors were about being quizzed about their own personal habits.
I'm failing to understand how any act committed by someone alone in a cell could be "indecent exposure" since the only reason it came to light is that this female deputy hasn't enough to do to keep her from watching the monitors longer than neccessary to assure herself that nobody is in any danger and that everybody is where they belong.

Romeo'sJuliet
11-15-2007, 10:40 AM
They can get wrote up for wreckless eyeballing if they're using their eyes; they can get wrote up for masturbation if they're using their penis. I think the way the prisons look at it is when you enter the custody of state property that YOU become state property, and fars the rest is concerned, frankly Scarlet, they just don't give a damn!

What my thoughts are is these guys should be able to do what they want with their eyes and their hands as long as it's nobody's business but their own.

Cronesong
11-15-2007, 02:26 PM
I was talking about this thread last night with my good friend who is a female CO here in NZ where it is NOT against the law for inmates to masturbate.....

She was saying that the inmates often use sexual inuendo and behaviour as a control/intimidating tactic to 'play games' with the female CO's

One favourite of the inmates is when they know there is a female CO on night duty they co-ordinate it so that when she does her night rounds which involves shining a torch into the cell to establish if there is a form in the bed ( check the inmate is present ) and some movement ( check he is alive ) every single inmate on the block is lying buck naked on top of his blankets masturbating right as she shines the torch in .......

They make a point of doing this each time there is a new female CO on night duty then the next day make lewd remarks and jokes to her even commenting on one guy who is particularly well endowed and wouldnt she like some of that etc etc ........

She doesnt take their crap by the way, she knows how to deal with them.

Im picking that NZ inmates behaviour is not that different from those in the USA and as many of them are in for sexually deviant and violent behaviour and 40% of USA inmates have physce issues and many men use sex as a power trip over women anyway and that female CO's need to retain some level of control to stay safe

Well then I'm picking that these guys who are getting charged are probably not privately , quietly indulging in healthy sexual fantasies about their loved ones

If thats all it is then I agree to be charged is ludicrous

But if they are using it to sexually harass the female CO's ( be it on camera or not its the intention that counts ) then ...too bad ...charge 'em I say ....if its a Co or a Cop as far as Im concerned she is a woman first and should be respected as such and not subjected to any sexual harrasment or intimidation or violent threats .........

Perhaps thats why they have that law in the first place ?

LeBeau
11-15-2007, 05:56 PM
....if its a Co or a Cop as far as Im concerned she is a woman first and should be respected as such

Gotta disagree there- When she's on duty, she's a CO first and should not expect (or tolerate) treatment different from a male CO.

cybrlid1
11-15-2007, 06:19 PM
This is sooo ridiculous, now the state is being petty. I've also read an article about this. What is the next thing the state is going to penalize the inmates for??? :hmm:

one_luv
11-15-2007, 07:38 PM
It's a human need, not a want, right up there with food, shelter and water. The laws should be changed.

emo
11-15-2007, 07:46 PM
They should be able to take care of biz as long as they are not being disrepectful...

MrsForeverMine
11-15-2007, 08:05 PM
That is simply ludicrous. That right there is doing way to much.

dancinggal
11-15-2007, 08:50 PM
If the guys are using it in an offensive manner, by all means, write them up. But if it is obvious that they are trying to do it privately and discreetly, who are they harming? Really, do they think that these laws will really stop guys from doing their thing?

ann3
11-15-2007, 09:27 PM
This post was not started for the offensive form of masturbation in prison, which we disagree with. Like so many things, the few spoil it for the many. It was asked in behalf of a relationship between couples that find themselves separated by walls, or those unfortunate singles in prison who do not disrespect the CO's or staff, but are under rules of enforced celibacy.

On behalf of my friend (who's husband is doing time in prison) and myself, I want to thank all you for both your support and frank responses. Please don't take this as a frivolous post. This can be a serious issue, for a couple that is happily together for a long time. Every man and woman is built differently, and that include sexually, both physically and emotionally. Her man is having a great deal of difficulty with the rules, which is a stress on her as well (she knows her man). For obvious reasons, this woman has me post for her in regards to this issue to prevent the system from finding out who her husband is.

The prison system does not understand, or take into consideration, not only the needs of a man or woman in prison, but the effect that has on a spouse who intimately knows his/her partner. Knowing your partner is keeping themselves sexually fit, is an important consideration, for the future and health of a relationship. Imagine the stress knowing your loved one has no way to even fantasize and enjoy a long distance love affair (which is what prison “is” for a couple), without masturbation.

Just want to vent, and say how grossly inhumane the system has become, are we going back to the dark ages again?

Thanks again for all the support, it has helps to know many feel the same on this personal and sensitive issue.

Update on the 8 inmates charged with private masturbation in Florida, the prosecutor has apparently dropped the charges. Hopefully things can change.

peaches1212
11-15-2007, 10:28 PM
Here in Iowa, masterbation is called "self mutilation". How is that? I don't get it. But guys get solitary time & loss of good time for doing it. Which I think is stupid. I think that if the man is doing it alone in his cell, not trying to offend the female CO's then leave them alone. And why is it that we hear of MEN getting charged but not women?

Shaytony
11-16-2007, 12:36 AM
I don't think it should be a problem, it is terrible to convict someone for that.

mayberrygirl
11-16-2007, 03:03 AM
As a health care practioner, as of yet, there has been no concrete evidence that suggests that it is harmful not to ejaculate. If the sperm is not ejaculated it just gets absorbed by the body. That being said it is rediculous to deny them their right to "self pleasure" themselves. As long as they keep it as "private" as they can no one should have a problem with it. What else do these guys have to do in there? My fiance is in PC, so the only time he gets out is every other day to shower. The rest of the time is spent in the cell. So all he has to entertain himself with is reading, sleeping, talking with the guy next to him, and his hand! He wrote me the other day that he was reading the bible and found out it was a sin to "self pleasure". So he told me he wasnt going to do that anymore. I wonder how long that will last, sex is one of his favorite pastimes! If they are making rules about masturbation, pretty soon they are gonna make rules about when the prisoners can poop! Its the guys who are acting out that are making it worse for the rest of the inmates. So I say punish the bad ones and leave our sweethearts alone!

SHOCKED!
11-17-2007, 11:34 AM
*walks by, takes a look at the post....shakes head and keeps on walking*

LOL!

ann3
11-17-2007, 02:52 PM
As a health care practioner, as of yet, there has been no concrete evidence that suggests that it is harmful not to ejaculate. If the sperm is not ejaculated it just gets absorbed by the body. That being said it is rediculous to deny them their right to "self pleasure" themselves. As long as they keep it as "private" as they can no one should have a problem with it. What else do these guys have to do in there? My fiance is in PC, so the only time he gets out is every other day to shower. The rest of the time is spent in the cell. So all he has to entertain himself with is reading, sleeping, talking with the guy next to him, and his hand! He wrote me the other day that he was reading the bible and found out it was a sin to "self pleasure". So he told me he wasnt going to do that anymore. I wonder how long that will last, sex is one of his favorite pastimes! If they are making rules about masturbation, pretty soon they are gonna make rules about when the prisoners can poop! Its the guys who are acting out that are making it worse for the rest of the inmates. So I say punish the bad ones and leave our sweethearts alone!

Another profound irony for those men with strong sex drives. Not only must they struggle with rules, (in some cases, laws) that probibit masturbation, but many Christian based ministries also teach complete sexual abstinence to the men and women inmates in prison. I am not a man, but the pressure to avoid orgasm and ejaculation must be cruel and unusual punishment for many men serving time.

ann3
11-17-2007, 02:56 PM
*walks by, takes a look at the post....shakes head and keeps on walking*

LOL!

Shocked did bring up a valid point. For those not in the prison system, or do not have loved ones inside, this must be a very strange discussion indeed.
If some suddenly found themselves on the inside, the response may still be the same, but without the LOL on the end.

Wobabi
11-17-2007, 06:28 PM
Next they are going to tell you no Phone Sex,,wonder how many men are going to the hole behind that?
,,and yes that would be my man going:rolleyes:

Gymnastic Chick
11-17-2007, 07:14 PM
is it true that in Salem you couldnt have sex on sunday and that they put you to the burning stake as a witch? like, witch hunts and shit like that?

carron
11-17-2007, 09:42 PM
I'd Rather My Sweetie Do That Then Mess W/ Some Other Inmate!!

teajai71
11-17-2007, 10:30 PM
Here in Iowa, masterbation is called "self mutilation". How is that? I don't get it. But guys get solitary time & loss of good time for doing it. Which I think is stupid. I think that if the man is doing it alone in his cell, not trying to offend the female CO's then leave them alone. And why is it that we hear of MEN getting charged but not women?

Mo'Nique did a comedy special from a women's prison and she learned that it was a crime for the ladies to masturbate as well.:confused: :confused: :confused:

ann3
11-18-2007, 12:19 AM
Mo'Nique did a comedy special from a women's prison and she learned that it was a crime for the ladies to masturbate as well.:confused: :confused: :confused:

In my limited research on this subject for my friend who's husband is serving time, I did find a few woman's prisons that prohibit masturbation and sexually oriented reading material, mostly those with open dormitories. I even found an article from a female counselor who spoke on assisting women with the problems of sexual abstinence while in prison. Apparently masturbation was an issue and women have no easier time giving it up while incarcerated than the men do.

Shocking indeed. I wouldn't last long in there. No more parking tickets for me.

esteli
11-18-2007, 12:24 AM
Isn't that part of a human's base nature? Must eat, sleep, potty and procreate. I would think it was considered inhumane and cruel to deny any of these.

I agree. How crazy to try to prevent people from masturbating when everyone does it.

Ridiculous. Women guards are always sooooooooooo offended. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

othersideofhell
11-18-2007, 02:46 AM
In my opinion, inmates have needs too. As long as they are being respectful to those around them and it is done in what little privacy they have it should be accepted as something that happens. Even though there are female gaurds, it isn't like they have a door they can shut. If the inmate isn't being all out rude and in your face about it .. So be it

mrsgates
11-18-2007, 06:09 AM

OR

So what does this tell you about the female deputy then ladies?

RaysHeart
11-18-2007, 07:26 AM
I think it's a heck of a lot better for men to masterbate than to be messing with other men.

Gymnastic Chick
11-18-2007, 07:39 AM
I think prison is a paradise for man haters. If you have been wronged by men, all you have to do get revenge is get a job at a mens prison and torture them

Wobabi
11-18-2007, 08:38 AM
So what does this tell you about the female deputy then ladies?
Hmm I dunno Mrsgates,,,She's on interent porn sites at work??:hmm:
Whats your take?

mrsgates
11-18-2007, 09:50 AM
[quote=Wobabi]Hmm I dunno Mrsgates,,,She's on interent porn sites at work??:hmm:
Whats your take?[/qu

Babi I've got to agree with you there. I would have thought she would have more important things to check the guys out on than masturbation. I'm sorry but it doesn't say a lot for a female when she puts them up for a charge on something so small and personal. (When I say small, I hope you understand what I meant) :o

SHOCKED!
11-18-2007, 10:33 AM
Shocked did bring up a valid point. For those not in the prison system, or do not have loved ones inside, this must be a very strange discussion indeed.
If some suddenly found themselves on the inside, the response may still be the same, but without the LOL on the end.

Oh Dear Ann,

I LOL due to the fact that I think it is ridiculous! Trying to stop a man from masterbating is like trying to stop the sun from shining.

If I ever go to prison I'll let you know if I still have the lol!

ann3
11-18-2007, 10:40 AM
Oh Dear Ann,

I LOL due to the fact that I think it is ridiculous! Trying to stop a man from masterbating is like trying to stop the sun from shining.

If I ever go to prison I'll let you know if I still have the lol!

Sorry, no offense, and i agree with the stopping thing.

ben's girl
11-18-2007, 11:29 AM
Next they are going to tell you no Phone Sex,,wonder how many men are going to the hole behind that?
,,and yes that would be my man going:rolleyes:

Count mine in too!!! Phone sex is allowed but not masturbation? Sorry, but I thought the 2 went hand in hand......

BRWNIS
11-18-2007, 11:42 AM
I think that is ridiculous. Having worked in a men's prison, I would see all kinds of things,and I have walked up on them masturbating. But if I walked up on them I felt like I had no right to write them up because they were in their own world. But, if one just blatantly disrespected me,(you know, him looking at me and his tool just out) then yes,I had every right to reprimand him, but usually I just cursed him out for disrespecting me, because as most of you know, some of the female officers allowed inmates to do this.

Tre's Treasure
11-18-2007, 05:25 PM
My man would be in alot of trouble cause it is one of his fav pastimes (LOL) not to mention without some relief if theythink there is a reason to keep him in SMU2 now they have not seen anything yet. No sexual pleasure makes T a very grumpy boy.!!!!!!!!

Tre's Treasure
11-18-2007, 05:29 PM
After doing some research evidently this particular guard was watching the whole thing quite closely..............she would'nt have to worry about what my man was doing It is me who'd have a problem with the close attention!

Tre's Treasure
11-18-2007, 05:30 PM
I think that is ridiculous. Having worked in a men's prison, I would see all kinds of things,and I have walked up on them masturbating. But if I walked up on them I felt like I had no right to write them up because they were in their own world. But, if one just blatantly disrespected me,(you know, him looking at me and his tool just out) then yes,I had every right to reprimand him, but usually I just cursed him out for disrespecting me, because as most of you know, some of the female officers allowed inmates to do this.

It is just common sense that you used being a woman in a predominately male enviroment. Good Call!!!!!:thumbsup:

Tre's Treasure
11-18-2007, 05:35 PM
I was talking about this thread last night with my good friend who is a female CO here in NZ where it is NOT against the law for inmates to masturbate.....

She was saying that the inmates often use sexual inuendo and behaviour as a control/intimidating tactic to 'play games' with the female CO's

One favourite of the inmates is when they know there is a female CO on night duty they co-ordinate it so that when she does her night rounds which involves shining a torch into the cell to establish if there is a form in the bed ( check the inmate is present ) and some movement ( check he is alive ) every single inmate on the block is lying buck naked on top of his blankets masturbating right as she shines the torch in .......

They make a point of doing this each time there is a new female CO on night duty then the next day make lewd remarks and jokes to her even commenting on one guy who is particularly well endowed and wouldnt she like some of that etc etc ........

She doesnt take their crap by the way, she knows how to deal with them.

Im picking that NZ inmates behaviour is not that different from those in the USA and as many of them are in for sexually deviant and violent behaviour and 40% of USA inmates have physce issues and many men use sex as a power trip over women anyway and that female CO's need to retain some level of control to stay safe

Well then I'm picking that these guys who are getting charged are probably not privately , quietly indulging in healthy sexual fantasies about their loved ones

If thats all it is then I agree to be charged is ludicrous

But if they are using it to sexually harass the female CO's ( be it on camera or not its the intention that counts ) then ...too bad ...charge 'em I say ....if its a Co or a Cop as far as Im concerned she is a woman first and should be respected as such and not subjected to any sexual harrasment or intimidation or violent threats .........

Perhaps thats why they have that law in the first place ?

That intimidation can go both ways........I agree a man should not disrespect the female CO but there are some female CO's that have taken advantage of "lonely inmates"

ann3
11-20-2007, 07:56 AM
Let's not forget the female CO's who do the human thing and look the other way, in spite of the laws or rules.

Cronesong
11-20-2007, 02:16 PM
That intimidation can go both ways........I agree a man should not disrespect the female CO but there are some female CO's that have taken advantage of "lonely inmates"

Oh Give me a Break ! Next you'll be telling me they are all ' Innocent, hard done by, poor Babies '....

( I am speaking here of course of the grown, responsible, adult men.......juveniles are another story )

Wobabi
11-20-2007, 05:16 PM
Oh Give me a Break ! Next you'll be telling me they are all ' Innocent, hard done by, poor Babies '....

( I am speaking here of course of the grown, responsible, adult men.......juveniles are another story )
Funny you should say that I just heard a bit of a story where a lab was erroneous on hundreds of gun trace cases and now they have to retry them becasue there maybe several hundred innocent men in prison.
I am also very thankful for recent DNA break thrus,,so many innocent men spent years and years in prison and were even put to death on bad eye witness testimony.
They still use snitches to get convictions where snitches are just making stuff up on people to get reduced sentences.
Maybe not in your country but there are thousands of innocent men in prison here in the US!

timsbaby41
11-20-2007, 05:59 PM
are you kidding what next??? I know after our "bedroom" phone calls he is off to take care of business.nothing wrong with that

or-mtwt
11-20-2007, 06:47 PM
the thing that gets me on this one is that the guards can do it but if the inmate gets caught doing it they are in the box...

One of the ladies that visits where I do told me a few weeks ago that a female *guard* came up to her and told her that she was lucky to have her guy.... she was like what are you talking about.... :confused: the guard was like ;) ;) that man is packed in there!! what right do they have to do that and then come in the visitors parks and talk to these guys ladies?! I know if one did that to me I would not be dealing with the witch to well!!:angry: George told me they come into the showers all the time and drool but let us do anything and we're locked up!!!

Now before I piss anyone that was/is a CO there is a difference between a GUARD and a Correctional Officer in my book but this woman did not deserve the respect of being called a CO!

mayberrygirl
11-20-2007, 09:19 PM
the thing that gets me on this one is that the guards can do it but if the inmate gets caught doing it they are in the box...

One of the ladies that visits where I do told me a few weeks ago that a female *guard* came up to her and told her that she was lucky to have her guy.... she was like what are you talking about.... :confused: the guard was like ;) ;) that man is packed in there!! what right do they have to do that and then come in the visitors parks and talk to these guys ladies?! I know if one did that to me I would not be dealing with the witch to well!!:angry: George told me they come into the showers all the time and drool but let us do anything and we're locked up!!!

Now before I piss anyone that was/is a CO there is a difference between a GUARD and a Correctional Officer in my book but this woman did not deserve the respect of being called a CO!

OHHHHHH!!!!! If someone ever comes up to me saying something like that, I will be the one in jail!!

Lemmons
11-20-2007, 09:47 PM
If a person exposes himself to a camera and masturbates, that's indecent exposure and should be treated as such. But a person who is releasing sexual tension in the questionable privacy of their bunk, that's a private act on the level of -forgive me ladies- having a bowel movement. Yes, I think masturbation is just as necessary and natural as that. So if they are going to press charges against a man for discreet masturbation, then they might as well start pressing charges against men every time they take a dump in the toidi.

This is just another reason why I believe female COs have no place in a men's prison.

Cronesong
11-20-2007, 11:35 PM
Funny you should say that I just heard a bit of a story where a lab was erroneous on hundreds of gun trace cases and now they have to retry them becasue there maybe several hundred innocent men in prison.
I am also very thankful for recent DNA break thrus,,so many innocent men spent years and years in prison and were even put to death on bad eye witness testimony.
They still use snitches to get convictions where snitches are just making stuff up on people to get reduced sentences.
Maybe not in your country but there are thousands of innocent men in prison here in the US!

Im not arguing with the stats which apparrantly the USA Government themselves admit that they have a %10 "mistake ' rate on death row....an unforgivible mistake in my book ......

and Im not arguing with the truth that there are many corrupt law enforcement officers/ judges / co's etc etc ....even more so in the USA it seems ...your 'justice ' system is a DISASTER ! no mistake about it ...prison conditions are horriffic ...sentences are extremely harsh...racism is rampant as is .....abuse...murder...coruption.....I could go on and on but in PTO Id be preaching to the converted ....

What I do take issue with is the number of times in here that I hear women cry my 'Oh my poor Baby is innocent ' etc and whine about injustice when all the time what they wont do is admit honestly what their men have done that they have committed crimes, often violent ones against women.......

They make excuses for them constantly ! its pathetic !

Yes alot of these guys had a hard life / were abused / drug addicted / whatever ! As long as women continue to wipe their snotty noses for them they will keep on doing what they do , lie manipulate, committ crimes, use and abuse in one form or another......

Sure alot of them are good guys fallen on hard times stuck in a harsh penal system
and some are guys who never had a chance in the first place because of their influences & life experiences .....
Sure some are totally innocent and Ive seen some horriffic stories lately on docos but C'mon .....

Ive allso been around crims long enough to know that MOST of these guys are in jail because they got caught doing bad & when they cry innocent ? half of those are only innocent of the crime they actually got caught for & you can guarantee they got a way with plenty others they didnt get caught for so for most crims I reckon it evens out......

They are all adults ....accountable...responsible for their own choices and behaviour.....

Instead of blaming everyone but themselves they would do better to stand up like real Men

If instead of whining the women put their energy into doing something constructive perhaps some changes could be made to your countries appalling penal system ???

I know its a big ask to co-ordinate with America being so vast & fractured by many states & laws etc but surely all the loved ones of the 2 million & more inmates would be a powerful voice ?????

Gryphon
11-21-2007, 06:52 PM
I heard about these cases. When I took a look, they seemed to be prosecuting for the crime of Indecent Exposure. I'd have to do some research on FL law, but Indecent Exposure should require a sexual element (as in the defendant intended to gain pleasure from bing observed by the guard.) Also, to be guilty of this section, it'd have to be shown beyond a reasonable doubt that the defendant knew or should have known that they were going to be observed.
There's not enough information here to say, but it's certainly possible that some or all of these inmates were highly indescreet; if not downright lacivious in wanting to include a female CO in what should have been a private pastime.
I wondering if all the facts were reported, because indecent exposure can be a nasty conviction. It can lead to a felony charge in many states (usually involving indecent exposure with a prior), and if the circumstances wre really quite innocencet then the chance of re-offense (under this defination) is a virtual certainty! Also, many states require (or make discretionary) sex crime registration after conviction.

Wobabi
11-21-2007, 09:14 PM
but it's certainly possible that some or all of these inmates were highly indescreet; if not downright lacivious in wanting to include a female CO in what should have been a private pastime.
so are you saying that they knew she was on duty and watching them on camera when they started to jack off? Hmmm I wonder but somehow I doubt it,,good point tho!

Wobabi
11-21-2007, 09:30 PM
Im not arguing with the stats which apparrantly the USA Government themselves admit that they have a %10 "mistake ' rate on death row....an unforgivible mistake in my book ......

and Im not arguing with the truth that there are many corrupt law enforcement officers/ judges / co's etc etc ....even more so in the USA it seems ...your 'justice ' system is a DISASTER ! no mistake about it ...prison conditions are horriffic ...sentences are extremely harsh...racism is rampant as is .....abuse...murder...coruption.....I could go on and on but in PTO Id be preaching to the converted ....

What I do take issue with is the number of times in here that I hear women cry my 'Oh my poor Baby is innocent ' etc and whine about injustice when all the time what they wont do is admit honestly what their men have done that they have committed crimes, often violent ones against women.......
White I get you 100% but I am trying to figure out why this came up with this particular incident/thread? These very well may be innocent men who were monitored perhaps unknowingly and they tried to find a private spot to release. There are too many studies onthe mood elevating,,endomorhpin releasing effects of masterbation. This position to me would be a good time to get high:hee:

They make excuses for them constantly ! its pathetic !

Yes alot of these guys had a hard life / were abused / drug addicted / whatever ! As long as women continue to wipe their snotty noses for them they will keep on doing what they do , lie manipulate, committ crimes, use and abuse in one form or another......But surely you are talking about a very very small percentage of the total population,,,most of these men have NO ONE in prison,,,what you see here on PTO is a tiny minute amount of people versus the whole,,and those that snivel over thier men an even smaller microcasm,,at least I think so

Sure alot of them are good guys fallen on hard times stuck in a harsh penal system
and some are guys who never had a chance in the first place because of their influences & life experiences .....
Sure some are totally innocent and Ive seen some horriffic stories lately on docos but C'mon .....

Ive allso been around crims long enough to know that MOST of these guys are in jail because they got caught doing bad & when they cry innocent ?
I disagree that MOST of these men break the law and cry innocent,,MOST of them take plea deals. Meaning they know they are guilty but to what exactly based on the laws of sentencing.
half of those are only innocent of the crime they actually got caught for & you can guarantee they got a way with plenty others they didnt get caught for so for most crims I reckon it evens out......

They are all adults ....accountable...responsible for their own choices and behaviour.....

Instead of blaming everyone but themselves they would do better to stand up like real Men
Most men who are doing time are standing up,,,,doing HARD TIME,,spending day after day in the room the size of a bathroom only getting out for a hour a week if they are lucky. Many men are being forced to do time in over crowded conditions that are dangerous health wise and personal wise. These USP's are very very dangerous places to be and when you look at the gladiator schools they got going on in NY and CA,,,it would make your heart break as to what goes down.
If instead of whining the women put their energy into doing something constructive perhaps some changes could be made to your countries appalling penal system ???
The funny thing is until you ask what women do ,,you cant assume nothing.There is FAMM and tons of other organizations that women here belong to.I just would not assume they are not invloved because when it comes to petitions and writing congress people,,women here do it! 33,000 letters went to DC about the crack laws and I know about 75% probably came from here
I know its a big ask to co-ordinate with America being so vast & fractured by many states & laws etc but surely all the loved ones of the 2 million & more inmates would be a powerful voice ?????Thats just it all 2 mil in prison DON'T HAVE ANYONE at all,,,good topic tho:thumbsup:

northstar
11-22-2007, 07:32 AM
[quote=Lemmons]If a person exposes himself to a camera and masturbates, that's indecent exposure and should be treated as such. But a person who is releasing sexual tension in the questionable privacy of their bunk, that's a private act on the level of -forgive me ladies- having a bowel movement. Yes, I think masturbation is just as necessary and natural as that. So if they are going to press charges against a man for discreet masturbation, then they might as well start pressing charges against men every time they take a dump in the toidi.[quote]

Psychologists, Philosophers, and Physicists have spent decades or longer trying to "fugure out" how human beings operate, "what makes us tick"....One famous psychologist was Maslow, who developed a "Hierarchy" of "Needs:"
http://www.deepermind.com/20maslow.htm (http://www.deepermind.com/20maslow.htm)
http://honolulu.hawaii.edu/intranet/committees/FacDevCom/guidebk/teachtip/maslow.htm (http://honolulu.hawaii.edu/intranet/committees/FacDevCom/guidebk/teachtip/maslow.htm)
http://kerstens.mc-demos.net/alicia/planning10/Maslow%20Hierarchy%20of%20Needs.pdf (http://kerstens.mc-demos.net/alicia/planning10/Maslow%20Hierarchy%20of%20Needs.pdf)
http://webspace.ship.edu/cgboer/maslow.html (http://webspace.ship.edu/cgboer/maslow.html)
Psychology Today: Abraham Maslow (http://psychologytoday.com/articles/pto-19920101-000038.html)

BUT: Here is the "Prison Story" that might rock your world:

Another brilliant scientist who worked with both Freud and Einstein, Wilhelm Reich, wrote a book(s), "The Function of The Orgasm" back in the 1940s. He was discovering that people and all living things have "auras"......His writings were about human sexuality and "life" from a scientific perspective (his discovery of "orgone" energy)... because of the highly controversial nature of his writings, he basically ended up being crucified by the US Government, thrown in federal prison where died. (talk to me about our FIRST AMMENDMENT....this has to be one of the most outrageous crimes against freedom that our government has committed on its own soil...):

"Freud had discovered that neuroses are caused by the conflict between natural sexual instincts and the social denial and frustration of those instincts. Freud had also hypothesized the existence of a biological sexual energy in the body. He called it “libido,” and described it as “something which is capable of increase, decrease, displacement and discharge, and which extends itself over the memory traces of an idea like an electric charge over the surface of the body.”

But as the years passed, Freud and his followers diluted much of this concept, reducing the libido to little more than a psychological energy or idea. By 1925, Freud had concluded that “the libido theory may therefore for the present be pursued only by the path of speculation.”

Reich’s clinical work convinced him otherwise. He devoted himself to matters of technique in an attempt to overcome the limitations of psychoanalysis in treating neuroses. And in doing so he observed that sexual energy is more than just an idea, and that sexual gratification, in fact, alleviated neurotic symptoms. He discovered that the function of the orgasm is to maintain an energy equilibrium by discharging excess biological energy that builds up naturally in the body. If that discharge function is disturbed—as it proved to be in all of his patients—this energy continues to build up without adequate release, stagnating and fueling neurotic disorders. Reich also discovered that in psychic disturbances, this biological energy is bound up not only in symptoms, but more importantly, in the individual’s characterological and muscular rigidities—what he called “armor.”
The Wilhelm Reich Museum - Biography (http://www.wilhelmreichmuseum.org/biography.html)
www.wilhelmreichmuseum.org/biography.html (http://www.wilhelmreichmuseum.org/biography.html)
http://www.wilhelmreichmuseum.org/books.html (http://www.wilhelmreichmuseum.org/books.html)
http://www.orgonelab.org/wrhistory.htm (http://www.orgonelab.org/wrhistory.htm)
Wilhelm Reich: Listen, Little Man (http://www.hermes-press.com/reich.htm)

"...If repression became chronic, the consequent chronic internal tension formed a neuro-muscular armoring (much like the metal armor of a Medieval knight) by which the individual protectively walled themself off from an outer world of painful experiences. Reich developed therapeutic methods to help people give up their emotional armor; but he also approached the problem from the social and political side of things, working to pass laws against child abuse, to give women equal rights and pay, and to make divorce and contraceptives more freely available. For this, he was severely attacked by the Nazis, who were in fact very extremist "moral majoritarians".

By the mid-1930s, Reich had been kicked out of the IPA, his books attacked and burned by the Nazis and German Communist Party. He fled to Denmark, and later to Scandinavia; while there, he undertook some of the first bioelectrical experiments on the subject of human sexuality and emotional expression. Reich's bioelectrical experiments proved that human emotion, sexual excitation and orgastic discharge were measurable phenomena. It was a breakthrough discovery in the field of human sexuality and psychology -- but the first of a series of discoveries that would increasingly put him at odds with the prevailing academic/scientific status quo of his time, and of the present time as well. Science of the 1930s was intolerant of open discussion of "orgasm", and Reich's books uncompromisingly focused upon such issues: The Function of the Orgasm, The Sexual Revolution, People in Trouble, and The Mass Psychology of Fascism are classics hardly mentioned even today...."
http://www.orgonelab.org/wrhistory.htm (http://www.orgonelab.org/wrhistory.htm)

or-mtwt
11-23-2007, 08:05 PM
I heard about these cases. When I took a look, they seemed to be prosecuting for the crime of Indecent Exposure. I'd have to do some research on FL law, but Indecent Exposure should require a sexual element (as in the defendant intended to gain pleasure from bing indescreetby the guard.) Also, to be guilty of this section, it'd have to be shown beyond a reasonable doubt that the defendant knew or should have known that they were going to be observed.
There's not enough information here to say, but it's certainly possible that some or all of these inmates were highly indescreet; if not downright lacivious in wanting to include a female CO in what should have been a private pastime.
I wondering if all the facts were reported, because indecent exposure can be a nasty conviction. It can lead to a felony charge in many states (usually involving indecent exposure with a prior), and if the circumstances wre really quite innocencet then the chance of re-offense (under this defination) is a virtual certainty! Also, many states require (or make discretionary) sex crime registration after conviction.

You can be a sex offender in the state of Florida for peeing behind a dumpster and have to register as a sex offender for the rest of your life. Every aspect of your life day and night is under the eyes of someone when you are in a florida prison or really any prison in this country. but Florida also has more open Dorms in their prisons and inmates are supposed to work to be moved into them which gives even less privacy it is also against the rules to have any sexual contact of any kind even by your self in a florida prison, it does not matter if you are alone or not. It really is a wonder they let them pee holding it let alone take a shower and clean themselves!!

JamiesGirl06
11-24-2007, 01:26 PM
I don't have anything against masturbation, but I think that it should be done in a bathroom or somewhere more private, so that NO ONE can see. A man does have to relieve himself, no doubt.

hisbestie4eva
11-25-2007, 01:14 AM
That's so ridiculous. These reason I send my friend so many pictures is so he can have a new mental image everytime he feels the NEED. I really don't think he would make it if he didn't.

Keep up the good work, baby!!!

Gummibear1
11-25-2007, 02:11 AM
this is foolishness, I prefer him masturbating than having sex with another man.He got his visits suspended for two years, because he was releasing his stress.I think there would be less fights if they let the guys release there stress.
in florida they dont allow conjucal visits so what's the problem. She was probably getting off on it.

Shawn's Girl
11-25-2007, 03:36 PM
That is a normal part of life. If a female becomes a co in a male facality then what do they expect to see, if you are in your own cell then there should not be a thing wrong with this. They do not have a more private place to do that.

Shawn's Girl
11-25-2007, 03:48 PM

Wow what has happened to you that you are so angry, It does go both ways and I will never say my man is innocent he did his crime and now doing his time but there is always more to the story then we hear this site is to discuss but no need to be hateful.

ann3
11-25-2007, 04:08 PM
Setting the moral, legal, and romantic issues aside, it seems very unnatural to expect all men (and women) in prison to abstain. Physically, they have no way to stop the production of sexual fluids, as women have no way to stop or prevent menstruation. Imagine having laws against “that”, because it would also be a reproductive function, somewhat publicly embarrassing, and not necessary in a prison environment.

This seems quite different from a self proclaimed celibacy, since it is a personal choice and celibates are committed to that lifestyle.

In some respects masturbation seems more like an embarrassment issue for prison officials and CO's to witness or admit that sort of activity goes on under their watch. The ultimate insanity is for officials to make it a crime.

HoldingHimClose
11-25-2007, 10:39 PM
WHAT? I can't believe it. I thought it was allowed. I ain't gonna say no names, but if that's wrong, somebody going down! I am already upset because there are no conjugals in the federal system. I think that is absolutely crazy and they should at least explore it for those in low and medium security, but this - is going too far.

MGosnell
11-28-2007, 07:45 PM
I think that they should allow congical visits. Not sure how to spell it, but I think that it would cut down on men raping other offenders. It is nature to want to relieve yourself, and it isn't nasty. It is part of life. If the people making those rules had to live without sex, they would be doing it too. They are stupid and need to put the shoe on the other foot....

venicespirit
11-28-2007, 07:52 PM
I cant even believe this is something that should be debated??????? Lock up a bunch of men together in already over crowded, subhuman conditions, take away all of their freedoms including intimate time with their families, take away the weight pile and expect them all to follow the rules and behave - its already a ludacris request - and then tell them NOT to masterbate.~~~ That's retarded!

krainium
12-01-2007, 09:15 PM
Next thing you know, their gonna want to supervise it to make sure they're doing it in proper DOC regulations. That's ridiculous.

JodyAnnShaw
12-02-2007, 05:20 PM
all's I can say... those who say "no"... try spending years without release???

ann3
12-03-2007, 02:29 PM
Here is just a thought.

Lock a bunch of DOC officials and state lawmakers in a small room, tell them no contact with wives or lovers, and no sex or masturbation until they come up with a workable solution for inmates. I wonder how long they would last.

There are those who are committed to abstinence and celibacy, and they should be respected, however, it is not a lifestyle that all men or women can sustain. A little respect and understanding should be given to those with strong sex drives as well.

Wobabi
12-03-2007, 03:15 PM
Ann pleeze,,lol,,they cant even keep thier d5ck in thier pants on capital hill,,how many have been booted for bad sexual behavior right at the capital,,these nuts cant even wait till they get home!

Alwayzwaiting
12-03-2007, 03:23 PM
That's crazy....that's all I have to say about it. It's sad really.

Bookworm1
12-03-2007, 08:26 PM
I agree with the vast majority of posters on this one. Sex is a basic human need(for BOTH men and women!) and as long as the inmate is being discreete and respectful of other's, they shouldn't be punished for it. Masturbation is a healthy form of sexual expression, and nothing to be ashamed of. It isn't "dirty" or "sinful" and those who believe that are simply ignorant.

I STRONGLY disagree however that women should not be allowed to work in men's prisons! Female correctional officers are just as qualified and capable as their male colleagues. And it isn't fair to lump ALL women together. Not ALL women are uptight or uncomfortable with sex, and I am sure that there are male officer's who are also uncomfortable with the idea of masturbation. And let's keep in mind that the officer is only following the rules, which she did not make but IS in charge of enforcing.

Following that reasoning we shouldn't allow people of certain faiths to work in prison's either, because some religions teach that masturbation and homosexuality is a "sin", and the correctional officer may try to impose their beliefs on the inmate. Also, the underlying assumption seems to be that this would only be a problem in a men's prison. I hate to break this to you, but WOMEN masturbate too! :rolleyes: Yes, we have sexual needs and desires, and need some form of sexual release as well.

And if a male inmate makes an inappropriate sexual comment or assaults a female officer, he SHOULD be punished. Arguing that "boys will be boys" and if a woman can't handle it she shouldn't be working there, is ludicrous! What's next? If a woman doesn't wish to be raped, she should never have left the house? Give me a break.

How do we expect these men to learn to respect and relate to women, if they never see any?! Women make up fifty percent of the population, so if they have any chance of succeeding in the "outside" world they are going to need to learn how to interact with them.

Lisa

nikka
12-03-2007, 09:36 PM
although its natural to have those feelings I donot think it should be allowed. HOWEVER at the same time I donot think someone should be charged with doing that.
When you give SOME PEOPLE a little space they take it over board. They start spraying their stuff on walls and toilet seats and stufff. Its too much!

Wobabi
12-03-2007, 10:01 PM
I agree with the vast majority of posters on this one. Sex is a basic human need(for BOTH men and women!) and as long as the inmate is being discreete and respectful of other's, they shouldn't be punished for it. Masturbation is a healthy form of sexual expression, and nothing to be ashamed of. It isn't "dirty" or "sinful" and those who believe that are simply ignorant.

I STRONGLY disagree however that women should not be allowed to work in men's prisons! Female correctional officers are just as qualified and capable as their male colleagues.

,,,I want to comment and say that my stance against female'w working in male prisons has more to do with safety and then the sexual compromises. I have yet to meet a female who can take down a raging 6 foot 9 320 Bull of a man,,and there are many of these types in prison,,Gun tower,,fine!
And it isn't fair to lump ALL women together. Not ALL women are uptight or uncomfortable with sex, and I am sure that there are male officer's who are also uncomfortable with the idea of masturbation.
I think visual is what makes it more of an issue ,,its one thing to see my hand tucked in between my legs but a whole nother to see a 10 inch dick wiggling towards me.
And let's keep in mind that the officer is only following the rules, which she did not make but IS in charge of enforcing.
i would love to see the policy on it myself

Following that reasoning we shouldn't allow people of certain faiths to work in prison's either, because some religions teach that masturbation and homosexuality is a "sin", and the correctional officer may try to impose their beliefs on the inmate.
Outward displays of masterbation and sex period is forbidden in every prison,,I dont get what religion has to do with it? Just asking
Also, the underlying assumption seems to be that this would only be a problem in a men's prison. I hate to break this to you, but WOMEN masturbate too! :rolleyes: Yes, we have sexual needs and desires, and need some form of sexual release as well.
Again the visual

And if a male inmate makes an inappropriate sexual comment or assaults a female officer, he SHOULD be punished.
I agree 100%
Arguing that "boys will be boys" and if a woman can't handle it she shouldn't be working there, is ludicrous!
But if these men are in private handling a male function,,then I agree boys WILL be boys
What's next? If a woman doesn't wish to be raped, she should never have left the house? Give me a break.

Some women do go out the house and put themsleves at risk to be raped be it behavior or the places they go willingly. To me going to work in a mens prison puts you at that risk,,tell me you could stop bubba from taking that boooty if he wanted it. Staff get assualted all the time.

How do we expect these men to learn to respect and relate to women, if they never see any?!
How about giving them ALL Conjugal Visits,,I vote for that!
Women make up fifty percent of the population, so if they have any chance of succeeding in the "outside" world they are going to need to learn how to interact with them.

LisaThe best way for them to interact with women is on a family visit,,then they can really jack off in peace;) :D

Bookworm1
12-03-2007, 10:03 PM
There was one more thing that I wanted to add. It seem that whenever a woman is in a position of power over a man, and exercises that power she is labeled a "man hater". Unfortuntely, sometimes it is necessary for an officer(male or female) to discipline an inmate. What is the point of having rules in place if they are not enforced? That is not to say that a CO shouldn't give an inmate a break(as long as the infraction isn't a serious one) but at the same time, you can't be too permissive either. Otherwise there would be complete chaos!

In life, we all have rules to follow. We may not always like or agree with those rules, but we DO have to abide by them. If an inmate doesn't learn that, prison will become a revolving door for them. Again, the rules DO need to be changed. But until they are, we shouldn't fault the officer(regardless of gender) for doing their job, and enforcing them. Women just can't win in this situation. We are either "bitches" OR "too emotional" and "too soft". :mad: Either way we should stick to baking cookies and changing diapers. :rolleyes:

To imply that a woman is EVER at fault for being the victim of sexual assault is beyond offensive! A woman should be able to wear whatever she chooses, go whereever she pleases, work in whatever profession she chooses etc without having to fear being raped. Rape is NOT about sex, it is about a deep seated fear and hatred of women, and power and control. It is ALWAYS the perpetrator's fault. End of story. Male guards have also been overpowered and assaulted as well, and male inmates are also victims of sexual assault. Often the attacker's aren't even homosexual. Again, it is about humiliation, power and control. NOT sex.

BTW, my man would MUCH rather deal with a female officer. He thinks they are MUCH more compassionate as a rule, then their male counterparts. I remember how furious he was when I told him about a sexist remark the "chaplain" at the Windsor Jail made to me, when I inquired about volunteering. He said if he were able, he would go down there and "have a talk with him" and guaranteed me that he would change his mind! No doubt! LOL I didn't know that having a vagina meant that there were certain professions that were off-limits to you. Silly me. I thought this was the year 2007, and we were raising our daughters to believe that they could do anything they put their mind too, including becoming the next President of the United States. Women are men's intellectual equals, and there is NOTHING a man can do that I can not do just as well(if not better!).

And let me tell you. If I ever DID get my dream job(working as a counselor in a men's prison) and a man put his hands on me, oh boy! He would REALLY regret it! LOL Steven wouldn't be saying "honey, you brought it on yourself" that's for sure!

Lisa

jusdiva
12-03-2007, 10:47 PM
That is absolutely ridiculous. How can you deny someone the right to self satisfaction??? If they are not harming anyone by doing it and are doing it in the privacy of their own cell, I don't see what the issue is!!!

mrsadams
12-03-2007, 10:49 PM
At least he wasn't squirting at one of the female CO's and they probably deserve it!! I can't believe that. When a man is used to getting it on a regular what else is he supposed to do??

ram63565
12-03-2007, 11:09 PM
I believe the original article mentioned that she saw all of this on camera. THerefore none of these men were anywhere near her and i for one think she was abusing the limits of the camera which is to make sure every one is where they belong and not attempting suicide, fighting with a cellmate, etc.
Now we all know our guys and can reasonably infer that if the celly was squirting on the walls etc as posted in a previous post the cellie would have all kinds of things to say to this guy.
I also find it quite ridiculous that it was only this ONE Co that had any issue with this. IF it was something these guys did on a regular basis to intimidate a CO (which in and of itself I find ridiculous as they werent even face to face or face to body part there was a camera in between) one would expect write ups from COs that worked the same camera on different nights.
I thought a CO was to maintain safety and security..i fail to see how a guy "rubbing one out" violates either of those.
A previous post mentions "sexual assault" and I dont see sexual assault in this situation at all. If anything saying thsi woman was a "victim" dimishes the whole idea of true victims. She wasnt put in a postion where she had no control..she's the CO...tell them to stop OR and this may be a stretch..DO the HUMAN thing and move on. this behavior didnt offend the male COs...women should be treated as equals in all respects and that includes not expecting special dispensations for gender. THEN all things will be equal.

ann3
12-03-2007, 11:32 PM
It is sad. Hopefully this post can help enlighten and bring about change for loved ones in prison.

It is a difficult choice for CO's to either look away or enforce the rules/laws. Getting caught could be a test or control issue to see how far to push the guards. Also, CO's would have to decide who and when to look away. The poor guards are caught in the middle of this one. Who makes those rules anyway?

I feel for the men and women who are shy or well behaved and are trying to follow the rules to get time off for good behavior.

Physically, I cannot believe it is healthy to abstain for most sexually active men or women.

Bookworm1
12-03-2007, 11:34 PM
"Women should be treated as equals in all respects and that includes not expecting special dispensations for gender. THEN all things will be equal."

Well put, and I agree with you one hundred percent. I was the one who made mention of sexual harassment and sexual assault, BUT I was NOT referring to this specific incident. What I meant was, I could see her point IF the inmate had been disrespectful towards HER or another officer(regardless of gender).

I agree she should have just let it go. They were not hurting anyone. She WAS being an uptight prude! LOL But not ALL women are like her. I am a woman, and I would have probably chuckled to myself, and moved on! LOL And I certainly don't get upset when my man "takes care of himself". He is human, and he has needs. End of story.

Lisa

northstar
12-04-2007, 03:03 AM
I don't think that this issue is even about masturbation and release, or sexual/reproductive health.... And I don't think it's about women workin' as co's in mens's prisons. I don't think it's about equality, rape, or gender. What this IS about is another instance of "sentencing" beyond the degree of the crime. I hate to break it to those idiots down there in the FL DOC, but Booker vs. Washington a few years ago changed that.

The point, I think, is whether the punishment fits the "crime."

So, a con get caught masturbating, etiher by some unholy sef-serving sanctimonious bit*h or someone who is trying to do her/his job.... who writes him up and gives him a ticket. Take away the dude's television set for a weekend, or put him in the holefor a few days. ....There are lots of more appropriate punishments for minor violations.

I'm curious about why something like this was considered a "major" violation to begin with. ...It's on camera, no other inmates were involved, there were no illegal substances or contraband involved....at the very least it could be considered a form of "sexual harrassment," but since it was on camera and not "in her face," the CO could have turned her head or not watched, or had someone else watch instead. So now, if watching an inmate on a camera from a safe distance away is considered "sexual harrassment," it sets a bad precedent. The next thing you know, inmates will receive extended sentences for having copies of Maxim or Playboy or Penthouse, or Prison Legal News (:idea: )

The whole idea that this violation (major or minor, or whatever) ended up in court, and the inmate was given a longer sentence, is what the problem is here. This is a gross miscarriage of justice.

Prisons and jails are overcrowded in every state, and are experiencing a major crisis. Violent offenders are on the streets because there's no room for them, but I'm SO RELIEVED that this masturbator will be behind bars so that society will be safe... Yeah, I'm gonna sleep better knowing that this dude is behind bars. God knows what he'd do out here with that tool in his hand~!!

Do you ever begin to feel like the whole damn world's gone mad and that by some weird stroke of fortune, or magic, or Kansas cyclone, that you woke up this morning trapped in the wrong movie? "We're not in Kansas any more, Toto."

Robinellah
12-04-2007, 08:53 PM
If an inmate is in the privacy of his "home" and is discreet about it there is no reason that he should be charged with anything. The inmates that will stand at the door and masturbate "wanting" to be seen for their own exhibitionist tendencies or to disrespect the officers should get a case in my opinion depending on the person offended. To me, as an ex employee, I feel that is a reflection on them and would have never written a case about it because that lets them know they got under your skin. I feel they don't deserve that much attention. Just my opinion. When you work in a prison you have to expect some of the men are just scumbags. I believe in giving as much respect as I get and they got none. The cases that our written, unless it is an outside court don't go anywhere and don't discourage from what I saw. It's usually the ones that have nothing to lose that act in that matter anyway. The lady watching the video may have been a little excited herself to sit and watch while they got off....in the privacy of their "home".

ann3
12-05-2007, 01:36 PM
My concern was for those unfortunate men and women inmates who are subject to rules or laws regarding masturbating, but do not violate or abuse privileges.

It is unfortunate that masturbation can be used as a control tool, for both inmates and CO's alike. Inmates using it to intimidate guards, or get attention. CO's catching selected inmates masturbating as a control issue, or for some personal voyeuristic excitement.

howiewonderstud
12-05-2007, 07:00 PM
what a retarded law!

If God did not want people to masturbate,
he would not have made arms long enuff to go betwen our own legs.

JoannalovesKen
12-06-2007, 12:53 AM
HOW ABSURD!!!!!!! Why don't they just castrate them before they go in! Give these men a damn break....and a wetnap when they are done.

mg113
12-07-2007, 05:47 AM
OMG I had to read that twice.... charged with masturbation??? That should not be a crime if its being done in private... in my opinion there are bigger issues to deal with in prisons than if an inmate is masturbating privately UNFREAKING REAL

HardHeadedWoman
12-08-2007, 02:47 AM
well geeze if the DOC wasnt such hard asses I could do the job for him and he wouldnt have to masturbate his self!!!

texasnurse
12-09-2007, 09:44 PM
it's crap for sure. Really these women that have a problem with it need to seek jobs else where i've been there and it's not pleasant when someone is doing that in front of you but we are all adults!

ablb2009
12-10-2007, 03:06 AM
I say let them do it, i think it will also decrease the "violence" but here in california from what i've heard they don't have any problems with it. hahaha!!

BudBun
12-10-2007, 09:20 AM
Ok, its bad enough that their lifes are controlled as it is. Let them have some sense of "good" in their lifes considering where they are. It's only natural in my book. And as long as you are not offending anyone while doing so, who cares? These CO's need to start minding the real problems.

teachrighteous
12-10-2007, 10:26 AM
I think I love you northstar! Or at least your posts! This voyeuristic puritanical obsession with normal human expression and the consequent over-reactive "psychological castration" in prison sure doesn't do a thing to contribute a healthier community, inside or out. Anyone with half a brain that has ever walked through a yard full of pumped up, sexually deprived, testosterone oozing males can see that sexual expression is going to happen, so come on, let these guys have that space. From what I've observed, those folks that are so excited about men taking care of their business are the ones with the deviance issues, from the wardens on down. Intelligent thought and a sincere interest in something other than warehousing people would provide conjugal visits

ann3
12-10-2007, 10:30 AM
In my opinion, the problems seems to stem from the DOC's rules against that form of sexual activity, which puts the CO's in the middle of the issue. Changing the rules/laws would let the correctional officers go about their duties without trying to write up trivial violations as "private" masturbation.
The CO's are there to enforce the rules made by the state or federal DOC.

Bookworm1
12-10-2007, 11:29 AM
That was my point EXACTLY ann3. We are blaming the wrong person! She was just following the rules. She didn't make them.

Lisa

Wobabi
12-11-2007, 02:35 PM
I dont get it if its a rule and it was her job how come she was the only one and this made national news?? Just asking,,it would seem there would be thousands in court right now with new charges?

StOkEs_GuRl4178
12-11-2007, 02:54 PM
it should be allowed but only in private they shouldnt just plop it out wheil there on the phone woth us and do it ....but if there in there cell alone just them then sure in the showers nooo i dont want any one to see what my baby has hanging they might get hooked i did lol and i love it

gypseagirl
12-13-2007, 03:49 PM
I think it should be allowed in private where nobody can see.

BudBun
12-13-2007, 03:53 PM
I think it should be allowed in private where nobody can see.
I agree with you 100%!!!

hustlersgal
12-15-2007, 11:46 AM
my husband is in a michigan prison and to say the least ..They must be real careful where they "enjoy themselves" My personal feelings are hey thats thier homes and everything has been taken from them and your body is yours and what you do with it or to it should be your god given right...furthermore if a female gaurd was watching she must have enjoyed it..

biglinmarshall
12-15-2007, 02:06 PM
This is yet another of the disgraceful ways in which prison authorities try to dehumanise inmates. It's bad enough being locked up inside without this sort of petty, nasty-minded behaviour that frankly resembles the jailers in the gulag rather than a supposedly civilised democracy.

Pnellwife3
12-15-2007, 02:58 PM
I've worked in nursing homes where men aged 65 and older masterbated and we the cna's had to wash it off as part of our jobs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If the men are alone in their cells and releasing themselves how is that bothering anyone they aren't doing it in the visiting rooms or showers no place public it really should be anyones business,they saw it on a videotape he was calling out on of thier names when he jerked off? No, Just handling his business, if she was offended maybe she shouldn't have watched the tape.:angry:

big73tex
12-15-2007, 07:04 PM
I served time in prison. I did not feel that I deserved to be there. But it was quite clear to me at the time that I was sub human and hand no righs at all.
Yes even private sexual activity as well as any other private activity was constantly monitored. And yes, at times by female staff as well as male staff.

I am not saying it is right, but I suffered the loss of all privileges during that time. And prison is a punishment, not a vacation.

Not trying to be hard on anybody, but I was written up and disciplined for this and other minor infractions.

It's just part of being in prison?

2nice
12-15-2007, 08:21 PM
I think that as long as the inmates are doing it in the privacy of their own cell or the privacy of the showers that the prison officials should just leave them to do what is part of human nature... satisfying sexual needs!

northstar
12-16-2007, 02:27 AM
I am not saying it is right, but I suffered the loss of all privileges during that time. And prison is a punishment, not a vacation.

Not trying to be hard on anybody, but I was written up and disciplined for this and other minor infractions.

It's just part of being in prison?

This "offense" (masturbation) WAS NOT a "MINOR" infraction. This inmate was given an extended tour of duty-- His ""crime" of pleasuring himself was punished not by a ticket or by being moved to the hole for a month or two, but by being taken to a US COURT (not a prison hearing or prison court) and sentenced to TIME. This is a travesty of justice and our court system is a joke.

BillieJo
12-16-2007, 07:53 AM
I agree that sexual deviancy should be a write up on the jacket, not a catching a new case in court~ I can't believe he was convicted! I remember hearing about this CO and the nine or so cases that resulted from watching men pleasure themselves, on camera. I feel that so long as the prisoners in question are discrete about masturbating -- they should be allowed to masturbate. yet another media piece that casts prison as a freak show for the tax payer- and unfortunately, I'm not surprised that it comes from the state of FL.

I can't look upon that state the same since the beating death of Martin Lee Anderson, and the aquital that followed for all the adults that beat him, or worked to cover the reason for his untimely death. I'd rather hear about that case, and what it has changed, if anything.

ann3
12-16-2007, 02:50 PM
[QUOTE=northstar]This "offense" (masturbation) WAS NOT a "MINOR" infraction. This inmate was given an extended tour of duty-- His ""crime" of pleasuring himself was punished not by a ticket or by being moved to the hole for a month or two, but by being taken to a US COURT (not a prison hearing or prison court) and sentenced to TIME. This is a travesty of justice and our court system is a joke.[/QUOTE

The primary concern is how some states and DOC's consider "private" masturbation as a serious offense. Also there are states as strict or worse than Florida.
This is a case from Ohio, where an inmate tried to work it out legally, and was ruled against. Ohio must be strict, considering one of the previous posts talking about it being illegal in women's prisons as well.

220:53 Ohio correctional department was immune from liability for prisoner's suit challenging prison regulation prohibiting masturbation; decision to ban masturbation was a "basic policy decision" characterized by the exercise of a "high degree" of discretion. Rodgers v. Ohio Dept. of Rehabilitation and Correction, 91 Ohio App. 3d 565, 632 N.E.2d 1355 (1993), reported 1994.

Ohio correctional department was immune from liability for prisoner's suit challenging prison regulation prohibiting masturbation; decision to ban masturbation was a "basic policy decision" characterized by the exercise of a "high degree" of discretion.
An Ohio prisoner sued correctional officials, contending that their policy against conjugal visits and masturbation "has caused plaintiff to endure the embarrassment and degradation of 'nocturnal emissions'" during the nine years of his incarceration. He claimed that this violated his rights under the Ohio and U.S. Constitutions. He argued that he had an "inalienable human right" to relieve "himself of his internal/biological buildup of 3G3 excessive body fluids (semen), via a hygienic manner of masturbation."

An Ohio appeals court rejected these arguments. The regulations in question prohibit consensual acts or physical contact for the purpose of sexually arousing or gratifying either person, as well as "seductive or obscene acts, including indecent exposure or masturbation." Correctional officials pointed to two reasons for the rules: 1) "First, due to the close proximity and living quarters of all inmates, such acts are not conducive to the orderly operation of the prison environment;" and 2) "Second, considering the possibility of the transmission of diseases and other unsanitary conditions, such acts would serve to promote and increase the risks of contracting or spreading any number of anti-social diseases (i.e., venereal disease, AIDS, etc.)."

The court ruled that the state department of Rehabilitation and Correction was immune from liability for the policies in question, since the "policies at issue involve the making of a basic policy decision characterized by the exercise of a high degree of official judgment or discretion." The mere fact that the plaintiff disagrees with the reason for the policy, the court noted, "does not render defendant subject to liability." The state may not be "held liable for such executive or planning functions." Rodgers v. Ohio Dept. of Rehabilitation and Correction, 91 Ohio App. 3d 565, 632 N.E.2d 1355.

big73tex
12-16-2007, 09:54 PM
This "offense" (masturbation) WAS NOT a "MINOR" infraction. This inmate was given an extended tour of duty-- His ""crime" of pleasuring himself was punished not by a ticket or by being moved to the hole for a month or two, but by being taken to a US COURT (not a prison hearing or prison court) and sentenced to TIME. This is a travesty of justice and our court system is a joke.

You are right, I know that. I am a prison activist and fight for constitutional freedoms everyday. I don't think I expressed myself very well and I do agree with you assessment of the system.

MissingMyDaniel
12-18-2007, 12:24 PM
this got me thinking..... I've heard of female co's getting fired for having sex with inmates, but never arrested, tried in court and given time. So how is it worse to masterbate than it is to have sex with a co? And what about the sex that goes on between inmates? Has any of the inmates involved with other inmates faced charges? A lot of states have that law against anal sex anyways....

his_princess
12-18-2007, 12:48 PM
My two cents...

When men don't get their "proper release" they get wild! Let 'em have their 5 minutes of alone time to romance themselves! For Pete's sake, why would you want a bunch of locked up men all worked up like a bunch of wild animals! That spells nothing but trouble!

2getha4eva x3
12-18-2007, 01:03 PM
My thoughts are if the inmates are doing it in the privacy of there own cell, there shouldn't be a problem with it. I watched a show the other day about an inmate who was put into the hole for 10months because of masturbating in his cell..

DPluver4ever420
12-18-2007, 05:13 PM
I feel they should be able to masturbate in private simply because it is human nature and some prisoners are locked down for long periods of time and sexual frustration is a given and they should be able to take care of that if they wish to.

Wobabi
12-20-2007, 12:37 AM
this got me thinking..... I've heard of female co's getting fired for having sex with inmates, but never arrested, tried in court and given time. So how is it worse to masterbate than it is to have sex with a co? And what about the sex that goes on between inmates? Has any of the inmates involved with other inmates faced charges? A lot of states have that law against anal sex anyways....
My memory might be fading me but did I not read here that they were starting to prosecute co's for sexual contact and put an s.o. on their jacket? I hope someone comes along that knows for sure, I would like to.
Good point

northstar
12-21-2007, 02:46 AM
My memory might be fading me but did I not read here that they were starting to prosecute co's for sexual contact and put an s.o. on their jacket? I hope someone comes along that knows for sure, I would like to.
Good point

This is an interesting tangent to this discussion. The topic of sexual contact between inmates and correctional officers really changes tone when the victims are women. But what happens if the co is mud-fence ugly and the male inmate does NOT want to have sex with her? This is considered to be a form of rape as well, since sex must be coerced...can sex between an inmate and an officer EVER be considered consensual?? To say "NO" means loss of privilege and potential punishment, does it not?

The Basics on Prisoner Rape:
In addition to the possibility of disease exposure that both male and female rape victims experience, female inmates have been impregnated as a result of staff sexual misconduct. Some of these women have then been further subjected to inappropriate segregation and denial of adequate healthcare services. http://www.menstuff.org/issues/byissue/prisonrapebasics.html (http://www.menstuff.org/issues/byissue/prisonrapebasics.html)

State acts on abuse cases at women's prison (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2004083842_purdy20m.html) - Dec 20,
Since 2003, the state prison for women near Gig Harbor has investigated at least 41 allegations of sexual misconduct against inmates. Those investigations, involving 32 correctional officers, have resulted in just a handful of prosecutions, including two recent cases on behalf of women who had the foresight to keep DNA evidence.
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2004083842_purdy20m.html (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2004083842_purdy20m.html)

Ex-Correctional Officer Found Guilty in Sex Case
http://www.masslive.com/news/republican/index.ssf?/base/news-12/119736481042270.xml&coll=1 (http://www.masslive.com/news/republican/index.ssf?/base/news-12/119736481042270.xml&coll=1)
The woman testified that the sexual relations were consensual on both occasions at the Hampden County Correctional Center in Ludlow. But under state law correctional officers cannot have sex with inmates, because they have a power position over the inmates.

Corrections Officer Gets Max For Inmate Sex
http://www.northcountrygazette.org/news/2007/08/02/max_for_sex/ (http://www.northcountrygazette.org/news/2007/08/02/max_for_sex/)
MANHATTAN—A former corrections officer at the Metropolitan Correctional Center in Manhattan, has been sentenced to 12 months in prison, the maximum allowable sentence, for engaging in a sexual act with a federal inmate in May 2005. [/URL]

[URL="http://www.delta.edu/corrprog/correctionslinks.html"]Corrections Sites (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/)Includes links for Corrections Officers. The Truth At Last: Gut-wrenching stories of prison rape and brutality that no one deserves to endure
http://www.delta.edu/corrprog/correctionslinks.html (http://www.delta.edu/corrprog/correctionslinks.html)

BEHIND THE WALLS: (http://home.msen.com/~sky1/First.htm) another site created and maintained by a Michigan CO; covering controversial issues such as privatization, pepper spray and prison sex, as well as information on what it's like to work in a prison

MissingMyDaniel
12-22-2007, 02:37 AM
OMG, Northstar, I went through and read some of the links, and from what I read, that really gets me sick. You've get men and women in prison being RAPED, and very little if any legal action taken. But then you've got these men being tried and sentenced for masturbation? That's just really screwed up.

big73tex
12-22-2007, 08:06 AM
OMG, Northstar, I went through and read some of the links, and from what I read, that really gets me sick. You've get men and women in prison being RAPED, and very little if any legal action taken. But then you've got these men being tried and sentenced for masturbation? That's just really screwed up.
Organizations must demand the ability to send monitors, psychologists, lawyers and other representatives into these facilities to investigate these abuses. It is un-American and these prisoners should still have constitutional rights

MissingMyDaniel
12-22-2007, 01:28 PM
They should use the money that is being spent on the prosecution and longer incarceration of the inmates who masterbated and apply it to the investigation and prosecution of those who are raping inmates. It really is a huge waste of time and resources, not to mention inhumane, to prosecute these men for taking care of their basic human needs.

ROSEMARY19
12-22-2007, 01:33 PM
I TINK DATS SOOOOO STUPID!!!ITS THEIR BUSINESS N SHOULD B ABLE 2 DO WAT DEY NEED 2 DO!!!

nikki_z2007
12-22-2007, 03:39 PM
I think it should. But I think they need they're own privacy. Instead of having to do it in front of people including the co's that like to hit on our men.

babygurl919
12-24-2007, 02:53 AM

OR

The restrictions on masturbating in prison baffle me. I mean, I understand not letting them do it in front of other people, but what's the big deal if they do it while they're ALONE in their own cell??? :hmm: Wouldn't you think that letting them get release every now and then would help keep things less tense in there??? :idea: I just don't understand how they can seriously expect a man (or woman) who's been deprived of all sexual contact for an extended period of time to NOT masturbate? I mean, come on... that's just ridiculous. If it's not hurting anyone or causing any trouble, who cares?!?

northstar
12-25-2007, 04:35 AM
"We have reason to believe that man first walked upright to free his
hands for masturbation." -- Lily Tomlin

Getting a Grip
"Masturbation is a normal, natural activity throughout life," says Robert Pollack, a psychology professor at the University of Georgia. It may even contribute to mental health and not doing it may lead to psychosexual problems. For men, masturbation or regular sex is good for the prostate and can prevent painful prostate blockage. For women it can help reduce cramping and for both men and women has been shown to have a healthy effect on the immune systems as well as reducing overall tension and helping emotions.
http://www.libchrist.com/sexed/masturbation.html (http://www.libchrist.com/sexed/masturbation.html)

Masturbation: it's not a four-letter word, but the president fired me for saying it.
The Dreaded "M" Word by M. Jocelyn Elders, M.D. - Nerve.com (http://www.nerve.com/Dispatches/Elders/mword/)

Men could reduce their risk of developing prostate cancer through regular masturbation, researchers suggest. Men who ejaculated more than five times a week were a third less likely to develop prostate cancer later in life.
BBC NEWS | Health | Masturbation 'cuts cancer risk' (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3072021.stm)

Surprisingly little research attention has been paid to the specific effects of masturbation. The history of masturbation is littered with moral condemnation and scientific inaccuracies regarding its negative effects but thankfully there finally seems to be medical agreement that masturbation is a healthy form of sexual expression, and one with more positive than negative effects.
http://sexuality.about.com/od/masturbation/p/masturbation_fx.htm (http://sexuality.about.com/od/masturbation/p/masturbation_fx.htm)

Solitary Sex : A Cultural History of Masturbation
Summer Series - originally broadcast 27 July 2003
Spanking the monkey? Dipping into the honeypot? This week, a cultural history of the world’s most common solo sexual practice, masturbation. It's easy to do, and despite claims that we may go blind, is essentially harmless.
http://www.abc.net.au/rn/science/mind/s996042.htm (http://www.abc.net.au/rn/science/mind/s996042.htm)

Masturbation is considered by many to be the cornerstone of sexual health. http://sexuality.about.com/od/anatomyresponse/ht/masturbatemen.htm (http://sexuality.about.com/od/anatomyresponse/ht/masturbatemen.htm)

History of Masturbation: The Ancient World
In the ancient world, depictions of male masturbation are relatively common.The Egyptians, for example, celebrated masturbation as the process by which the sun god, Atum, created the first Adam and Eve equivalents, Shu and Tefnut.? "With the hand of God, Atun masturbated and brought forth the first pair of souls. The Sumerians, who invented the first written Western language, make reference to the Mesopotamian god Enki masturbating, his ejaculation filling the Tigris River with flowing water.
http://www.afraidtoask.com/masturbate/History.htm (http://www.afraidtoask.com/masturbate/History.htm)

QUEENDRURY
12-26-2007, 12:14 AM
i love the thought of JAMIE gazing at my pic as he...umh,it is ludicrous to take away the basic human desires/instincts of nature!!our judicial system is whacked!!i said it-they whacked!!

dougsgirl2007
12-26-2007, 07:03 PM
I know mine does in jail....I do while he is in jail..I don't think if it isn't hurting anyone and it is in private it should be fine....

myhusbandswifey
12-26-2007, 07:17 PM
Masturbation? I feel that in that cell, they should be allowed their privacy. If they are not out in the open and they are confined and just on their bed/bunk, they should be allowed to release themselves. I am sure the male officers could care less. Hell with all the time that some of them spend on their shifts I am sure they do it to. The difference is, they can go into a bathroom and lock the door without being monitored.

Bookworm1
12-27-2007, 12:09 AM
I don't know why everyone is so surprised. Some states are SO backwards! Even the sexual behavior of law abiding, free citizens is restricted. For example, in some states it is illegal to see vibrators(heaven forbid a woman should have an orgasm outside of the confines of marriage and procreation). Other states prohibit certain sexual activities between consenting adults, including premarital sex, oral sex etc It's outrageous! :angry:

So much for America being a free country! What the hell is the point of having a constitution, if the government can trample all over it anyway? Yeah, I'm in a bad mood. LOL If free citizens don't have the right to healthy sexual expression, how can we expect the government to give inmates that right? Such antiquated, puritanical notions about sex have no place in the twenty first century.

Where my man is, if he gets an erection in the visting room he can get sent to the hole for that. WTF? It isn't as though it is something that a man can control! Sometimes a man may get an erection even if he is not sexually aroused. How barbaric! I simply can not believe that people are still so ignorant and fearful of sex. Sad.

Lisa

futurewifey
12-30-2007, 01:31 AM
I believe that this is silly why should he be punished for something that he was doing in private. Not in the hallway or a shower stall. Give me a break these men and women have enough frustration can they a least allow them this one release. I understand there is enough problems in the prison system without allowing them to add sexual frustration to it all.

mrswilliams
12-30-2007, 09:50 PM
Texas is stricter, my hubby got that charged like a year and a half ago and lost 9 months, i think some times them female guards be wanting them to do them(lol) I told him that i would rather him do that instead of making like he was needing to fuck with a female guard ,he was doing it privately so it shouldnt have been a problem tjs (tx justice system is so fucked up

ann3
12-31-2007, 03:06 AM
I have been brave and asked a few men about this topic. Several have almost doubled over in pain thinking about the prospect of no masturbation.

One single man was very polite and had a few good points which are worth posting.

He pointed out that many men in prison are single, and only have masturbation as an outlet, both before and after being incarcerated. Most would not be aware of the rules and would have no time to prepare for a sudden abstinence.

He also mentioned that there are men who unfortunately produce a large volume of semen, and have no control over that bodily function. They would have serious discomfort and problems without an occasional release of the excess fluids. He said the prison officials should consider the effects on a man's body when suddenly forced to completely abstain.

BRWNIS
12-31-2007, 06:23 PM
I don't have anything against masturbation, but I think that it should be done in a bathroom or somewhere more private, so that NO ONE can see. A man does have to relieve himself, no doubt.
In what prison is there privacy, the toilets are right there in the open of the dorms and right across from the sinks, so you can be brushing your teeth and someone behind you is relieving himself. That's no better, I think they should be allowed to relieve themselves in the privacy of their own bunks.

The Fox
01-01-2008, 01:01 PM
That is crazy! I believe if they aren't doing it in front of other inmates or CO's then they should be allowed to do that privately in there own cell.

Brisbane
01-01-2008, 04:57 PM
I haven't read all 10 pages of this thread but a person should be allowed to take care of their business as long as they are not being crude about it. I.E. squirting on or at someone. What about wet dreams? Humans are sexual creatures and just because you are locked up doesn't mean you lose that too.

CMaJoR
01-02-2008, 05:48 PM
I was watching "Lockup" on MSNBC last night.. an inmate got a disciplinary for masterbating in his cell, and they put him in ad-seg.

niuyoricanpr
01-03-2008, 12:07 AM
I also watched the program.

emmaline
01-03-2008, 07:50 AM
Wow, I had no idea that was a crime in some places. Yes, I think that as long as it is done discreetly it should be allowed. What's next - depriving them of taking a leak?

RMD4EVER
01-03-2008, 08:49 AM
Wow,tough one,good but, tough... If they allowed it then wonder how many prisoners would abuse their right to do it where ever and when ever?There would have to be some rules to that one for sure.You know they all have to do it from time to time,and even though their not suppose to, you have those that don't care and pull it out no matter whose around,man co or female co and thats just plain disrespectful of others,(not too many want to see that).So if they changed the rules or passed a law allowing it,thats where I wonder with those abusing it now (being not allowed) how would it be allowing it? Sure you have those that can be and would stay descret,but,they would definatly have to have a whole lot of guidelines for that one! I didn't answer the poll because,I think it's just not that cut and dry (so to speak!)

northstar
01-04-2008, 01:42 AM
I don't see how the DOC could allow "any sex act" without opening the door to lawsuits, increased prison rape, and a whole array of problems we haven't even thought about yet.

The question, imho, is not whether "masturbation should be allowed," but whether masturbation should be punished by increased prison time...

If a dude is stupid enough to get caught, then there are other sanctions that would be more appropriate than spending the taxpayers money to haul him in to court and spend tens of thousands of dollars on an increased sentence. ...Plus with the rampant overcrowding within the prison system, what are they gonna do, release child molesters and rapists so that there's bunk space for A MASTURBATOR???? OMG!!!

RMD4EVER
01-04-2008, 10:30 AM
Northstar,,,so True!

chas75
01-04-2008, 12:37 PM
I feel the same way. Let them do what they have to do aslong as it is in respect to others and do it private.

Angel-888
01-04-2008, 01:03 PM
This is just plain stupid:angry: Let them relieve themselves as long as they don't bother someone else. Jeeeeeez how far can you go......:blah:

AllLockedUp
01-04-2008, 08:42 PM
That has to be the stupidest law on the books. As a matter of fact, me and Papi are dealing with an issue just like it right now. IMO, masturbation is a totally natural thing. Especially in the situation that our men are in. I really feel that some women co's are just looking for something to get all riled up about. This is a prison, not a church. Our men should be afforded at least the minimal privacy to attend to their basic needs. Hell, their 10 year old son's and nephews do it every chance they get.

ann3
01-04-2008, 08:52 PM
Child molesters and rapists might be legitimate reasons to deny masturbation while in prison. I wonder if it would prevent others from thinking about committing sex crimes?

northstar
01-05-2008, 02:49 AM
Child molesters and rapists might be legitimate reasons to deny masturbation while in prison. I wonder if it would prevent others from thinking about committing sex crimes?

"Child molesters" are pedophiles. "Rape" is basically about power and control. Prison rape is basically about humiliation. ...I am not aware of any research that suggests that there is a connection between self-masturbation and sex crimes. (Yes, many who commit sex crimes may also masturbate. They may also drink milk. But that doesn't mean that anyone who drinks milk will commit a sex crime)

For example, a person who is arrested for masturbating in public will be arrested for "exposure" and not for "masturbation." (at least as far as I know)...It's not the ACT of self-pleasure that warrants arrest, but the ACT of emotionally assaulting a victim through exposure.

Most of the COs that I've ever spoken with have told me that they usually don't even issue tickets for masturbation, and that basically they just look the other way and ignore it. I seriously doubt that the DOC can create a rule that says "masturbation is allowed under certain conditions"....can you just imagine the legal wrangling that would ensue?

I repeat: the question is NOT whether masturbation should be allowed (it usually is, to an extent), or even punished....but whether it should be a criminal offense.

hartsfriend
01-05-2008, 09:01 PM
Hi. I have read a number of the replies to this topic, and I agree with most of them actually, alot of people have made really great points!
I reckon that if a guy is in his cell, and it is obvious that he is trying to 'let it all hang out' and 'whack off' for any CO's who may be watching, then he should be reprimanded for it. I mean, if someone is trying to get attention in such a manner, then they need to be dealt with.
But if a guy is in his cell and he is actually trying to be discreet, and trying to get whatever sort of privacy is available to him, whether it be having his back to the camera etc etc, to relieve himself of some tension, then for goodness sake, let the guy do it! Wouldnt it cause more problems for prison officials if men werent doing that and were instead relieving their frustrations by beating the crap out of each other etc?
And seriously, if a CO is viewing a particular camera and sees a guy whacking off (discreetly), then, well, shouldnt the CO not watch if it is such a problem to them to see that? If they are certain the guy is doing that, then he isnt going to be doing much else in that time, is he!? :)
If people find this such an offense, why dont they have a problem with inmates relieving themselves in other 'natural' ways? Yeah, I'm talking about numbers one and two! They could be viewed as just as gross! But because they are seen as necessary, its not a problem for inmates to do that in their toilets, which, unless I am mistaken, are in their cells! (in some prisons). But as one of the other posts said, for guys, this sort of thing is necessary. So why cant it be viewed the same way?
Anyway, thats just my 2 cents worth..I cannot believe this is even an issue...arent there bigger and more serious things for the prisons to deal with instead of this!?!

road2lane
01-09-2008, 12:56 AM
all i can say is that is RIDICULOUS!

Crowned**Wifey
01-09-2008, 03:54 PM
I think it's gret I don't want my love coming on on the DL :} That would not be a god look. We do it together sometimes and it keeps me sane.

lilithinwaiting
01-12-2008, 10:01 PM

I don't think the denial of masturbation would prevent a sex offender from committing any more sex crimes.. Those folks have a little more of a problem going there and I don't know what will stop them.

lilithinwaiting
01-12-2008, 10:08 PM
I haven't read all 10 pages of this thread but a person should be allowed to take care of their business as long as they are not being crude about it. I.E. squirting on or at someone. What about wet dreams? Humans are sexual creatures and just because you are locked up doesn't mean you lose that too.

AMEN!

sdwildcard
01-14-2008, 08:52 PM
Yes I have heard of inmates being charged with a criminal offense for masturbating. Not long after my ex husband got locked up in the 80's he was playing a joke on me after a phone call from prison. I was fussing at him because we were trying to get pregnant when he was arrested. I said so now I have to wait for atleast 4 years to get pregnant now. He laughed and said, no u dont I can Jackoff and send you some sperm and you just take a baster for a turkey and inject it into you deep and you will get pregnant eventually. I said yeah right you send it I'll do it. Well the next day, I had a call from one of the other inmates and said that the night before he did it and put it in a cig selefane and was about to mail it and the co picked it up at mail call and he told him, "Dont squeeze that envelope it has c'' in it, the co said, gum, he said no C''' for my wife. He told my hsd if there is really c'' in here you are in big trouble. They opened it in the wardens office and sure nuff, they charged him with, Seld Mulitalation and Destruction of State property because he was a state prisoner at the time. They gave him 6 months on top of his sentence for it. I could not believe that he did it much less got charged with it.

Davids_Girl
01-14-2008, 08:55 PM
I've often thought of my man and wondered HOW he dealed with NOT having sex??? I KNOW he must do it. And, I've wondered how in the heck do they find the privacy TO DO IT??? They've taken everything else away from them. We all know what sex does for stress.... don't ya think it'd make them calmer??? just a thought... But, yea... wish I could be a mouse in the corner when he IS doin that and look'n at MY pictures. DAYUM!!!!! :P

FleetingDreams
01-16-2008, 05:57 PM
It's ridiculous that an inmate could get in trouble for sexually relieving himself. It's his body, he has needs, and so if he has to masturbate to meet those needs, then so be it. As long as he's not doing it to harass a female CO (or a male CO) or another inmate, then I don't see what the issue is. Just be private and considerate of your cell-mate. I feel the same way about a female inmate masturbating. Let her do what she has to do to relieve sexual tension. Everyone has sexual needs, and being incarcerated doesn't mean those needs--which are perfectly human and natural--go away or diminish. In fact, I would think those needs would be higher because of the circumstances that entails imprisonment. Inmates shouldn't be punished for that. That's beyond stupid. Whoever makes/made this law about no masturbating or else is clearly not human, or has never experience a sexual need so great that they had to relieve themselves. And to end my tirade: inmates are human beings!!!!

taxEddie
01-16-2008, 08:31 PM
The Fact that they are in prison is already because they have lost their human rights for not respecting the rights of others. However.. as dirty as it is.. self pleasure could be viewed as better than jail rape. At the same time.. I don't know if this is really open to debate.

Mrs_Stone_Cold
01-16-2008, 08:44 PM
As long as he's not gunning anyone down, or doing it to be an ass, I don't really care.

I've been counting before when I walked by a cell, called a name, and when I looked in, the guy was just going at it with himself. This was my first week or so on the job, so of course I was like ***i wish I didn't see that*** ***I wish I didn't see that*** ***I wish I didn't see that... I was fumbling with the keys, trying to get out of the endgate... lol. I mean this dude was SERIOUS, it looked like he was trying to tear the meat off that thing !!!!
Another friend of mine was counting, and she walked past and a guy was just standing there ass naked, holding himself and drinking some drink mix. He said he didn't know it was count... but hell, they count the same time every day.

EDIT: I can't stop laughing... it's like he was in a tug-o-war with himself !!!!

MAINE'S WIFE
01-16-2008, 09:14 PM
I Sent And Send My Man Sex Mag's So He Can Get It Off To. It Ain't Nothing Wrong With That. I Rather That Than For Him To Let A Female Co Get The Upper Hand On Me.and Then On Top Of That I Don't Want Him Asking Another Prisoner For A Dirty Mag... That's Like Being With The Same Girl

Ant's Girl
01-18-2008, 10:07 PM
I mean- was his the only cell that she had to monitor? Couldn't she have "changed the channel" if she wanted to? So to speak? How long was she watching before she felt disrespected? Even if he did it knowing that she was watching, does that mean that it is desrespectful, or does that mean the thought of a female watching him helped with his fantasy? You've got to cut people some slack and if you have buttons, you shouldn't work at a place where they have a great chance of being pressed. You don't like kids, don't work at a school..............you don't like blood, don't become a doctor, if you don't like men who masterbate................don't be a female C.O. and work at a prison for men. Now- if the man had caled her over to his cell as if he needed something and when she arrived he was doing that all up in her face, then this is a different story, but alone in his cell, with the possibility that a female may watch him on the monitor----------so what. Would he have "kept going" or "even started" if he knew that only males were watching the monitors-----------probably, but perhaps he just may have kept it a bit more low key.

HOPE4FUTURE
01-24-2008, 12:20 AM
Antsgirl, I think you might be a little naive about how some of these guys are in there. I had one that said, "Can you just stand there for one more minute?" I was naive at that time too because I had just started working there. He was standing right on the other side of the door from me. When I could see what he was doing I slammed the window cover shut as hard as I could and walked away. I wasn't naive about what was happening after that!

HomeBoy
01-24-2008, 01:41 PM
OK here goes ---- I did 6 yrs 2 months in MO prisons. This case is so f'ing ridiculous ! Every guy in prison very long will masturbate. We had a female Sgt. in one house I was in that would stand on the walk & watch guys take showers. If she saw you strokin in the shower, you got a sexual misconduct write-up. Nothin serious. If a guy felt the urge, he would tell his cellie he need some time alone or whatever. I can see a guy gettin wrote up for strokin in front of a female CO , but again I don't think female CO's should be in male housing units.

sadgirl38
01-24-2008, 05:06 PM
I don't see anything wrong with an inmate masterbating as long as he's not disrespecting his cell mate or anyone. It's the inmates private parts he should be able to release his load! lol I think if he's under the blankets then that's ok! Noone is seeing his penis then there's no problem!

Mrs_Stone_Cold
01-25-2008, 08:23 AM
OK here goes ---- I did 6 yrs 2 months in MO prisons. This case is so f'ing ridiculous ! Every guy in prison very long will masturbate. We had a female Sgt. in one house I was in that would stand on the walk & watch guys take showers. If she saw you strokin in the shower, you got a sexual misconduct write-up. Nothin serious. If a guy felt the urge, he would tell his cellie he need some time alone or whatever. I can see a guy gettin wrote up for strokin in front of a female CO , but again I don't think female CO's should be in male housing units.
Female officers outnumber male, at least here anyway. At my last job there were only about 4 male officers. (On my shift)
So it's not a point of letting females work on male housing units... is just that they don't have a choice.

bgr701
01-25-2008, 11:09 PM
I agree with SadGirl38. It's wrong to expect any male from masturbating. If the inmate isn't being rude or disrespecting, then let him be. I feel it's natural and healthy for them.

I don't see anything wrong with an inmate masterbating as long as he's not disrespecting his cell mate or anyone. It's the inmates private parts he should be able to release his load! lol I think if he's under the blankets then that's ok! Noone is seeing his penis then there's no problem!

Chadschicken2
01-26-2008, 04:02 AM
I was a co and I am a female. who cares if they play tug-o-war with cyclops. as long as they dont invite me to join, it dont concern me. there is a code, it goes something like this: dont disrespect me and I wont disrespect you, for the most part it holds true and everyone gets along fine. When the sexual misconduct write ups start flyin is when the guys deliberately jack off in front of the co's. hell, why not? they are gonna get wrote up anyway, why not piss someone off or get under their skin one way or another. In TN, the charge was soliciting a police officer, indecent exposure, or performing lewd acts in public.

HomeBoy
01-26-2008, 06:16 AM
So Mrs Stone Cold, do you have a lot of problems with guys jackin off in front of the female CO's ? I think if you just ignore them, or look the other way, they won't get a thrill outta it & will stop doing it. I knew this one guy who used to stroke while watching the aerobics women on TV.:rolleyes: Female officers outnumber male, at least here anyway. At my last job there were only about 4 male officers. (On my shift)
So it's not a point of letting females work on male housing units... is just that they don't have a choice.

Mrs_Stone_Cold
01-26-2008, 05:16 PM
So Mrs Stone Cold, do you have a lot of problems with guys jackin off in front of the female CO's ? I think if you just ignore them, or look the other way, they won't get a thrill outta it & will stop doing it. I knew this one guy who used to stroke while watching the aerobics women on TV.:rolleyes:
Well, I've only caught someone doing it twice. Both were at count time, so I'm assuming they wanted to be seen.
I'm kinda not understanding your question. Do I have a problem with inmates masturbating infront of female CO's ? Yes, it's disrespectful, especially when they KNOW you're about to walk past and to it SO you can see them.
Do I have a problem with them beating their meat in the privacy of their own cell, when they KNOW the coast is clear. Absolutely not.

there is a code, it goes something like this: dont disrespect me and I wont disrespect you,

Exactly.

HOPE4FUTURE
01-26-2008, 05:25 PM
EXACTLY, Mrs Stone Cold!!!

HomeBoy
01-27-2008, 05:01 AM
I didn't mean do YOU have a problem, what I meant was ---- Does this happen a lot , guys masturbating in front of female COs ? I think if they are caught doing it at count time, they should be given a conduct violation or maybe an automatic 10 days in the hole.Well, I've only caught someone doing it twice. Both were at count time, so I'm assuming they wanted to be seen.
I'm kinda not understanding your question. Do I have a problem with inmates masturbating infront of female CO's ? Yes, it's disrespectful, especially when they KNOW you're about to walk past and to it SO you can see them.
Do I have a problem with them beating their meat in the privacy of their own cell, when they KNOW the coast is clear. Absolutely not.

Exactly.

chikapee
01-27-2008, 10:41 AM
my answer PRIVATE means just that!! its funny how a big deal can be made about that when so much other stuff is being ignored!! Like two guys getting in on and drugs being used etc. etc. the whole prison system and the corruption that goes on and they make a big deal about this!

Mrs_Stone_Cold
01-27-2008, 11:43 AM
I didn't mean do YOU have a problem, what I meant was ---- Does this happen a lot , guys masturbating in front of female COs ? I think if they are caught doing it at count time, they should be given a conduct violation or maybe an automatic 10 days in the hole.
Ahhhhh, sorry. Well, I've heard alot of stories, like I said it's only happened to me twice. A friend I know was doing a count, and a guy was standing there greasy, naked, and drinking kool aid. From where I was from, it maybe happened once a month, maybe twice. Alot of people I know, didn't write it up including me, mainly because to me, it's pretty petty. If there was GROSS DISRESPECT... like saying Hey ________ look at this !!! Then we'd have a problem, but if I was doing a round, and saw a guy by mistake... no.

Legend
01-27-2008, 12:21 PM
You have got to be kidding me! If female guards are so insulted they should be reassigned to something else. Would she have been as insulted had it have been a female inmate masterbating?!

TenMan
01-30-2008, 01:41 AM
You have got to be kidding me! If female guards are so insulted they should be reassigned to something else. Would she have been as insulted had it have been a female inmate masterbating?!

As a male C/O, I don't want to see it either (male or female inmate), especially if they are buck naked in the middle of the floor or above the covers. If they are under the covers and it isn't count time, I'm not gonna play detective to verify if they are whacking off. If they are gonna be blatant and obvious about it, they are getting a write up. Why should the officer need to be reassigned?

Mrs_Stone_Cold
01-30-2008, 02:28 AM
As a male C/O, I don't want to see it either (male or female inmate), especially if they are buck naked in the middle of the floor or above the covers. If they are under the covers and it isn't count time, I'm not gonna play detective to verify if they are whacking off. If they are gonna be blatant and obvious about it, they are getting a write up. Why should the officer need to be reassigned?
Thank you. Some people just don't understand.

Bookworm1
01-30-2008, 03:22 AM
Thank you TenMan! :thumbsup: I don't understand why some people are so intent on making this a gender issue. It is a respect issue! The inmate should respect the people around him enough to be discrete, and the CO should respect the inmate's privacy. It is that simple.

Lisa

HOPE4FUTURE
01-30-2008, 05:14 AM
Thank you Tenman! I don't know what is so hard for anyone to understand about being disrespected. I had one that would stand on his bed everytime I made a round doing his thing. I opened the windows of the inmates across the hall from him and told them to watch. When I opened his window and he was STANDING ON HIS BED the other inmates got a show. I'm sure he got ridiculed for awhile on that. LOL I also had to make rounds with the nurse and she walked on by a cell that was on her list to pass meds. She knew what was going on because he did it all the time but I was unaware. When he yelled out to ask about his meds I opened his window and he shot it all over the inside of the window. It was meant for her but I got it. Now how sick is that for all you ladies on here that think it is ok? And for you, Legend!

Rhuby
01-30-2008, 05:19 AM
I haven't read the entire thread, but what I've seen of it, I've only seen women saying that it's okay as long as it's done discreetly and not in a disrespectful manner toward anyone. What was done to you and the nurse was completely disrespectful and shouldn't be allowed. I believe there's a difference, as Tenman pointed out in his post.

Privacy should be protected. Disrespect should not be allowed.

HOPE4FUTURE
01-30-2008, 05:27 AM
Also, Legend, you don't just get to pick where you want to work in there, it is ASSIGNED! I knew one female who refused to work in seg because of that very reason because she had been molested as a child. She ended up losing her job! Just because a female works in a male prison doesn't mean she should have to be subjected to that and if she is than she definitely should be able to write a ticket AND have it read. Many times they just tossed our tickets away so what does that say to the inmates? GO FOR IT!

Mrs_Stone_Cold
01-30-2008, 05:45 AM
Thank you Tenman! I don't know what is so hard for anyone to understand about being disrespected. I had one that would stand on his bed everytime I made a round doing his thing. I opened the windows of the inmates across the hall from him and told them to watch. When I opened his window and he was STANDING ON HIS BED the other inmates got a show. I'm sure he got ridiculed for awhile on that. LOL I also had to make rounds with the nurse and she walked on by a cell that was on her list to pass meds. She knew what was going on because he did it all the time but I was unaware. When he yelled out to ask about his meds I opened his window and he shot it all over the inside of the window. It was meant for her but I got it. Now how sick is that for all you ladies on here that think it is ok? And for you, Legend!
I'm so sorry that happened to you Hope...
I refused to work in seg myself, it was either move me, or send me home... and they moved me every time.
There was a girl I went to the academy with, she ended up telling me about how she was 'gunned down' by an inmate who made sure he did it whenever a female was around. Well, he got her, she took off her equipment, threw it down, unlocked the door, they had to end up pulling her off of him. And honestly I don't blame her.

HOPE4FUTURE
01-30-2008, 05:55 AM
I worked alot of seg too and I can't say I wouldn't have liked to do that a few times my ownself! I did go off on one verbally one time yelling at the top of my lungs, "How would you like someone to do that to your mother, sister, daughter..." He never did it again. LOL Sometimes all you have to do is front them off or embarrass them. If you got a good Sargeant that was reviewing the ticket outside their cell they would talk loud enough for the whole rock to hear and add a few words to the ticket. If you wrote the inmate was stroking their penis in an up a down motion the Sgt would say that they were stroking their 3 inch penis in an up and down motion. That always got a reaction from the inmate and the rest of the rock too. LOL

TenMan
01-30-2008, 05:57 AM
Here if it is done at an officer, it is Assault on an Officer. Instant seg (if they are not there already) and usually added charge. I work in a jail, so I know it must be different in a prison with a lifer who thinks he has nothing to lose.

HOPE4FUTURE
01-30-2008, 05:59 AM
Yes, very different for the ones that have nothing to lose. Those are the worst.

Mrs_Stone_Cold
01-30-2008, 06:03 AM
Here if it is done at an officer, it is Assault on an Officer. Instant seg (if they are not there already) and usually added charge. I work in a jail, so I know it must be different in a prison with a lifer who thinks he has nothing to lose.
Yeah, I was in pre-release, so for the most part everyone was not too far from going home. But sometimes you have a few who are either A. Mental, or B. Don't really care about going home.
Another sad part was, the seg at my jail was often packed, 1800 inmates, It was REGIONAL seg, so inmates from about 7 different jails being sent here and people from that jail going on lock up every day, so it was packed to say the least, so sometimes they have to pick the greater of two evils when it comes to tickets regarding things like that.
Sometimes it wasn't written up just for the simple fact, nothing was gonna happen.

ann3
01-30-2008, 08:43 AM
Gunning, as you call it, is clearly an attention getting act of defiance, and little about sexual release. It should be deemed a violation of prison rules.

My initial concern was for those unfortunate men and women who do abide by the prison rules and stay out of trouble to earn early release. They are suddenly faced with a life of no physical sexual outlet, other than an occasional nocturnal dream if they are lucky. Many who are in free society could not imagine coping with sudden enforced celibacy.

wami
01-30-2008, 12:36 PM
It's like the weightlifting equipment, inmates have it to reduce sexual and physical tension inside. Leave them alone. How long until man realizes that controlling others in an already controlled atmosphere is clearly a cry of insecurity for those that MUST believe they are in authority. Wami
Life can be combusted or left to waste.

HOPE4FUTURE
01-30-2008, 12:39 PM
Officers are able to distinguish the difference between gunning and relieving yourself when you know the coast is clear.

Mrs_Stone_Cold
01-30-2008, 04:44 PM
Officers are able to distinguish the difference between gunning and relieving yourself when you know the coast is clear.
Right, I don't think any officer really cares if an inmate is beating off somewhere, it's pretty much human nature when you don't have an outlet. But they know EXACTLY when count time is, and trust me, they have mirrors etc to know when officers come onto a tier, and even moreso WHO is on the tier.

To ann:
I never said gunning an officer down was sexual release. Like tenman said, it is and should be assault on an officer.

HOPE4FUTURE
01-30-2008, 07:10 PM
Makes me wonder sometimes if some of the inmates that gun officers and get a ticket don't explain to their loved ones a different story than what REALLY happened!

TenMan
01-30-2008, 11:54 PM
Makes me wonder sometimes if some of the inmates that gun officers and get a ticket don't explain to their loved ones a different story than what REALLY happened!

I don't doubt it.

JimmysonlyGirl
02-01-2008, 07:51 AM
My man just heard a rumor that a guy in there got charged with gross sexual imposition for this. Now that is a prison rumor so how true it is I don't know.

HOPE4FUTURE
02-01-2008, 08:29 AM
Never heard of that one before and don't know what it even means. Did they charge him with that on a DOC ticket or if court?

desertmoonwoman
02-01-2008, 09:52 PM
Was it private or public? That is my first question. Private, yes, public a big NO.

HomeBoy
02-02-2008, 09:18 AM
Mrs Stone Cold, I don't think you have ever said what state you work in. I was incarcerated in the largest prison in MO. I know if an inmate did something like this in the joint I was in, he would catch hell from the other male guards, like cell shake-downs, doggin him on the yard, etc. We had this one kinda retarded inmate who used to write love letters (not especially sexy) to this young female CO. He would hand them to her out on the yard. They would give him time in the hole , but as soon as he got out, right back to doing the same thing. I guess what I'm trying to say is ---- how do you deal with guys who just plain don't give a s--t ?I'm so sorry that happened to you Hope...
I refused to work in seg myself, it was either move me, or send me home... and they moved me every time.
There was a girl I went to the academy with, she ended up telling me about how she was 'gunned down' by an inmate who made sure he did it whenever a female was around. Well, he got her, she took off her equipment, threw it down, unlocked the door, they had to end up pulling her off of him. And honestly I don't blame her.

Mrs_Stone_Cold
02-02-2008, 11:22 AM
Mrs Stone Cold, I don't think you have ever said what state you work in. I was incarcerated in the largest prison in MO. I know if an inmate did something like this in the joint I was in, he would catch hell from the other male guards, like cell shake-downs, doggin him on the yard, etc. We had this one kinda retarded inmate who used to write love letters (not especially sexy) to this young female CO. He would hand them to her out on the yard. They would give him time in the hole , but as soon as he got out, right back to doing the same thing. I guess what I'm trying to say is ---- how do you deal with guys who just plain don't give a s--t ?
I'm in MD.
Well, lol, I don't have to deal with it anymore actually. :)
But most of that kind of behavior came with working seg. They knew if they put me down there, they'd have to send me home. Seg there was like working a jail from a 3rd world country. Huge mutant size roaches on the walls, a spider actually bit an inmate and he had to get surgery... I avoided seg for 2 whole years. Don't work it in the summer, you'll have a heat stroke. Eventually I was transferred to a jail without seg.

It wouldn't be good to have me there, you shouldn't have crazy people with crazy people. That's just like those bastards that throw feces... I'd go from a CO to inmate EXTREMELY fast.

JimmysonlyGirl
02-02-2008, 12:37 PM
Never heard of that one before and don't know what it even means. Did they charge him with that on a DOC ticket or if court?

What my man heard was this guy was do to be released and he was told he would be taken to the jail to be charged and booked. Again this is hear say and is not known to be fact.

AnotherWorld
02-02-2008, 04:46 PM
Well, he is in there for 8 ½ years. Of course I would expect him to do such a thing. It´s a normal thing, and if done privately, no one should decide that you can´t do it.

queenwdg
02-03-2008, 03:25 PM
[quote=ann3] All were charged by a female deputy monitoring jail security cameras.

Personally, I think the female guard was WRONG. Why would you work in an ALL male prison and then be upset when you see them doing a perfectly natural act in the privacy of their OWN cell. What does she expect inmates to do?

I think it is inhuman to restrict that, its ridiculous and out right crazy. I am too surprised that there was no riot behind this.

howfarcanuc
02-06-2008, 12:54 AM
If they want to masterbate, hell let um. Its better than having sex with another man. I would rather hear that he is masterbating than be with another man.,

megj22
02-06-2008, 06:32 AM
I think its total bs that a man or woman gets charged if caught masterbating while in the privacy of their own cell. I know my man secretly pleases himself who can blame him we haven't been intimate in months. I think it should be allowed there's no harm in it what so ever

Mrs. Nelson
02-10-2008, 10:21 PM
Okay here's my two cents ....My point of view comes from being a former CO. I realize that there is a need to relieve sexual tension. When I worked as a CO I let the guys know upfront that I would not tolerate blatant masturbating. If you do it in the shower when no one is looking or when no female officer is standing in your direct view... fine. Or if you do it when you are in the bed ...fine. However most of them would say that the would get beat up by the other guys if they were discovered masturbating in bed considering the closeness of their beds. To me nothing is creepier than turning around to find someone standing in a (most times) dark corner staring at you while masturbating. It makes you feel so violated....imagine being on the streets and seeing someone standing behind a bush or a building with his pants down oogling you while masturbating...same creepy feeling. Some of the guys where I worked would do it just to be disrespectful and show you what they thought of you. It got so bad that now anyone who gets written up three or more times for it is subject to receiving a street charge...which means that if convicted they will receive more time (for an aggravated sex offense) and will also have to register as a sex offender when they are released. So if you have a loved one serving time let them know that they should try and relieve their tension in the most discreet and non offensive way possible. Standing in the corner of a cell or tier staring at an unsuspecting person is not the way to go!

Mrs_Stone_Cold
02-10-2008, 11:03 PM
Okay here's my two cents ....My point of view comes from being a former CO. I realize that there is a need to relieve sexual tension. When I worked as a CO I let the guys know upfront that I would not tolerate blatant masturbating. If you do it in the shower when no one is looking or when no female officer is standing in your direct view... fine. Or if you do it when you are in the bed ...fine. However most of them would say that the would get beat up by the other guys if they were discovered masturbating in bed considering the closeness of their beds. To me nothing is creepier than turning around to find someone standing in a (most times) dark corner staring at you while masturbating. It makes you feel so violated....imagine being on the streets and seeing someone standing behind a bush or a building with his pants down oogling you while masturbating...same creepy feeling. Some of the guys where I worked would do it just to be disrespectful and show you what they thought of you. It got so bad that now anyone who gets written up three or more times for it is subject to receiving a street charge...which means that if convicted they will receive more time (for an aggravated sex offense) and will also have to register as a sex offender when they are released. So if you have a loved one serving time let them know that they should try and relieve their tension in the most discreet and non offensive way possible. Standing in the corner of a cell or tier staring at an unsuspecting person is not the way to go!
Jesus, yes... I've had that happen to me. The sad part is, when you don't realize what they're doing, then you squint to try to see what's going on, and you just see two white eyes, ehhhhh, then a hand. And other stuff.

But you're absolutely right Mrs.N.... Welcome to PTO btw... Good to have another former around here. :thumbsup:

ayrissaoyola
02-10-2008, 11:59 PM
is there anyone who has had there man be with a co while locked up??

mrssleepy
02-14-2008, 12:25 AM
is there anyone who has had there man be with a co while locked up??

I am an ex co and no I never had sex with an inmate not even my man I'm with now but yes I have seen many of the guys who have girlfriends and wives have sex with a co. I've even seen the female co's laughing and being rude to a girlfriend or spouse when they come in for visiting.

missingmitchsr
02-14-2008, 02:20 PM
wow thats crazy but you and I will never really know what goes on in there...but we all can hope they are masterbating not screwing co's and each other.....not cool at all....God Bless

Melinda1
02-18-2008, 07:45 PM
The lady from Louisiana, please, spare me, these men, some put in prison for a charge they should not even be in there on, have no rights anyway, what the heck if he masterbates????? At least, he is leaving the other cell mates alone..... they are only human,,,,,, :angry:

K2's Lady
02-19-2008, 09:00 AM
Well here's what I think. If these men didn't maturbate, we'd have a prison sytem FILLED with angry stressed out VOLITILE men :angry: . It is a fact that "getting off" relieves tension. There'd be a hell of alot more crime in prison if these men weren't allowed to masterbate. They should have the RIGHT TO PRIVACY, and be able to do what they have to do in the privacy of the shower or in their cells.

Now of course they need to be dealt with if they're doing it in public or staring at an officer while in the act. Hell, that go's without say!!! NOBODY should be disrespected in that way, I'd rather be punched in the face than to find a man masterbating while staring at me (unless its Kirk :drool: )thats just creepy :eek:

But taking away their right to masterbation IMO is like taking away their right to laughter. It's dehumanizing and they get enough of that...

kare bear
02-20-2008, 08:19 PM
What else are they supposed to do? Now, if the guard saw him he had to have been right in the doorway right? If so, that is very disrespectful but doing it privately go right on ahead! My only concern is that I read somewhere that if someone masturbates for an extended period of time when they do finally become sexually active again they have a hard time getting off without masturbating. So...that concerns me a little bit! :confused: I think I got off the subject there sorry!!!

Michelle Ray
02-20-2008, 11:25 PM
It being a law that they can't do that is crazy and absolutely ridiculous. My boyfriend won't do it in front me: I've tried asking him to, and he flat out refuses. He's also never once in his life been caught (he's 31). When I went to visit him Feb 1, I asked him if he had been able to, and he said that he had. He didn't have an issue.

Though now I'm paranoid because I haven't gotten a letter from him since last Tuesday or Wednesday, and I usually get one every few days or so. . . :(

Now I'm paranoid about this.

Future Mrs
02-21-2008, 08:42 AM
How about they let them have conjugal visits? I bet that other stuff wouldnt be going on ?they treat em worse than dogs in shelters jee! they're human! Its like they put em in a no win situation and then they think they can be reformed after that kind of treatment! amazing:angry:

PRIME EVIL
02-21-2008, 02:45 PM
I am sure that they are not pressing charges just because he was lying on his bunk taking care of business, more like standing at his door waiting for the female guard to come by and see him.

kaya55
02-22-2008, 03:23 PM
I definately agree with what most of you said...they should have some private time when they can take care of their business. They should only be charged if they are disrespecting someone, like the guards, by deliberately doing it in front of them, or where they know that they can be seen. But these men do need a way to release this pressure and relax, they can't be expected to hold it for any length of time. I'm sure most of them are used to doing it every day, it would be hard not to.
lol, I was wondering about this, and wondering what my man was going to do! I know him, and know that he (like every man) NEEDS to do it frequently ;)

madole
02-22-2008, 04:00 PM
They are men they have to do it, or they will be very cranky!!

Mrs. Nelson
02-24-2008, 07:57 PM
The lady from Louisiana, please, spare me, these men, some put in prison for a charge they should not even be in there on, have no rights anyway, what the heck if he masterbates????? At least, he is leaving the other cell mates alone..... they are only human,,,,,, :angry:

Melinda, Spare you? :confused: ... Let's be realistic.....No matter what the circumstances are surrounding someone being incarcerated you must realize that ... a C/O is neither judge nor jury... they are not responsible for anyone being incarcerated. They do not make the laws or even the rules that govern the institution/prison.

AND GUESS WHAT? C/Os ARE HUMANS TOO !!!

Regardless of what one may be incarcerated for or how they feel about it ...it doesn't give them the right to disrespect or violate the rights of anyone else. So until you walk around a corner and find a man standing in a dark corner with his penis in his hand oogling you as he masturbates... you will never understand how violated this makes one feel!!!

suzyreckless
02-26-2008, 01:52 AM
So I read this poll wrong and for some reason I read:
"No it SHOULD be allowed"

So my real answer to this poll question is YES, it SHOULD be allowed.

LoDucafan67
02-26-2008, 11:12 AM
I think it's normal for someone to masturbate. :rolleyes:

Isn't that better than the inmates raping each other?!?!?! :rolleyes:

LoDucafan67
02-26-2008, 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by Melinda1

I agree 100%

HOPE4FUTURE
02-27-2008, 11:50 AM
Mrs. Nelson, I couldn't agree more!

MillBoy's Gyrl
03-02-2008, 12:17 AM
I Don't Understand The Big Deal, Eventhough The Doc Think They Control Our Love Ones~~ They Can Not Control Basic Wants > Doc Need To Realize That Their Still Human And They Have Needs Like Every Body Else~~~~~~~~they Really Need To Get Off That Power Trip Before They Fall And Really Hurt Themselves....

HomeBoy
03-03-2008, 06:10 AM
They are men they have to do it, or they will be very cranky!!Cranky is putting it mildly !:thumbsup:

BRIAN'S GIRL
03-03-2008, 06:45 AM
i say either let them masturbate or bring conjungel visits to every prison in the us and besides do they actually think they could control them from jacking off they wouldn't have enough holes in all 50 states to put them in, and besides that would mean the co's would have to sit and watch them everytime they went to the restroom hello gross

twixnstix
03-03-2008, 11:34 AM
first of all, i dont see why they make it such a big deal if they are not bothering or harrasing anyone. plus you would think that they would encourage it. Research done by James Dabbs and colleagues indicates that male prison inmates with high testosterone levels are more likely than other criminals to commit violent crimes and violate prison rules. hello... you would think they would want inmates to follow rules and get along with other inmates, or maybe my logic just doesnt seem well thought out to them.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070101205756AAQiqhK

"masturbation...drains the body of Human Growth Hormones, DHEA, and testosterone"

love_me4ever
03-04-2008, 06:00 PM
I feel since it's only Natural & of human nature to do this that people incarcerated should be of course ALLOWED to do this, that is however IF the inmate gives RESPECT for those around him, ya know by him doing this when he feels he wil have a bit of private time, as I do not feel it is at all appropriate nor respectful when a man INTENTIONALLY does his thing in front of a CO, as I feel there does undoubtedly need to be discretion involved when doing so.
I feel too here that it's overall healthier for them that they do masturbate, as it helps release a great deal of negative energy, as well as it helps aid in the calming process of any possibe pent up agression an inmate may be experiencing within. AND I might add here also that 'I have a tendacy to believe it CAN very well minimize prison rape'.
But again I will point out that I do think it should be handled while an inmate feels he may have enough privacy time to handle it in order to avoid a CO catching him. I do NOT feel men should be written up for this, well UNLESS however they INTENTIONALLY repeat this sort of behavior of him exposing himself to CO's &/or other Prison Staff/guests....although if a man gets caught off guard while doing his thing, BUT this is not something this inmate is known for 'then by all means let him be' ( just WALK AWAY---& NO WRITE UP ). afterall Embarrassment can be enough for someone who meant to handle his while hoping he'd NOt get caught........

love_me4ever
03-04-2008, 06:09 PM
By the way 'TwixNStix', your reply was an awesome one, Great informative research work U did!!! :) :thumbsup:

twixnstix
03-05-2008, 09:54 AM
thank you love me4ever!

big73tex
03-09-2008, 10:55 AM
Yes, rules should be changed. This should not be a punishable offense.

big73tex
03-09-2008, 10:59 AM
Gunning, as you call it, is clearly an attention getting act of defiance, and little about sexual release. It should be deemed a violation of prison rules.

My initial concern was for those unfortunate men and women who do abide by the prison rules and stay out of trouble to earn early release. They are suddenly faced with a life of no physical sexual outlet, other than an occasional nocturnal dream if they are lucky. Many who are in free society could not imagine coping with sudden enforced celibacy.

Ann,

Next to impossible, a catch 22, if you speak out it just gets worse.

ann3
03-11-2008, 04:16 AM
It is refreshing to hear not only a male point of view about this subject, but also from a male who's been in prison. Thanks to big73tex. Good luck to you and your work as a Prison Rights Activist.

missinghim23
03-14-2008, 02:30 AM
yes they should be aloud to masturbat if they want to in their cells privately of course..i support this 120% just sent my boo some pictures and a diirrty letter to help him with that!!!! :D :D :p but i can also understand if they are standing at the door doing this during head count i could understand why a female CO would be mad..she prolly aint gettin none at home or shes a lesbo i mean come on WE HAVE ALLLL SEEN THEM its not a disease for gods sakes... all she had to do was make fun of him and talk about how little it was or say wow ur girl stays with u and thats all ur working with... like really they have nothing better to do ... they cant get a break no matter wat they do...

big73tex
03-14-2008, 08:55 AM
Privately? But there is no real privacy. The rules say nothing of "privately" of course; it is a punishable offense even if done privately, and you are caught.

I am not aware of anyone who has done this during head count. I have seen female CO laugh at us enjoying the predicament of us not being allowed any privacy or whatever.

yes they should be aloud to masturbat if they want to in their cells privately of course..i support this 120% just sent my boo some pictures and a diirrty letter to help him with that!!!! :D :D :p but i can also understand if they are standing at the door doing this during head count i could understand why a female CO would be mad..she prolly aint gettin none at home or shes a lesbo i mean come on WE HAVE ALLLL SEEN THEM its not a disease for gods sakes... all she had to do was make fun of him and talk about how little it was or say wow ur girl stays with u and thats all ur working with... like really they have nothing better to do ... they cant get a break no matter wat they do...

TarheelBaby39
03-14-2008, 09:33 AM
This shouldnt even be up for DEBATE!!!!! How is it possible to STOP anyone from doing this!!?? It's HUMAN NATURE!!!!

ann3
03-14-2008, 12:28 PM
This shouldnt even be up for DEBATE!!!!! How is it possible to STOP anyone from doing this!!?? It's HUMAN NATURE!!!!

I sincerely wish this was a debate. I was very shocked to learn it is against the law in many prisons, and my original reason for posting, to enlighten and learn.

I agree with it being human nature, with a few additional comments.

Every man and woman's sex drive is different, and that is not taken into consideration in prison. I truly feel for those with strong sex drives.
Some can endure mind over matter in that area, however, physically it must be a real problem for many who have been used to regular sex before prison.

HomeBoy
03-15-2008, 05:33 AM
yes they should be aloud to masturbat if they want to in their cells privately of course..i support this 120% just sent my boo some pictures and a diirrty letter to help him with that!!!! :D :D :p but i can also understand if they are standing at the door doing this during head count i could understand why a female CO would be mad..she prolly aint gettin none at home or shes a lesbo i mean come on WE HAVE ALLLL SEEN THEM its not a disease for gods sakes... all she had to do was make fun of him and talk about how little it was or say wow ur girl stays with u and thats all ur working with... like really they have nothing better to do ... they cant get a break no matter wat they do...Hey we need more women like you ! These guys are locked up but you can't take everything away. I did my time, so I know how it is.:thumbsup:

Wobabi
03-15-2008, 11:56 AM
If you don't want to see a man's penis don't work in a male prison:rolleyes:

HeandI4Ever
03-15-2008, 05:47 PM
If you have any common sense at all----you can tell if a man is trying to be disrespectful or he is wanting some "private" time!!!!

SoInLoveWitHim
03-15-2008, 06:04 PM
I Personally Dont See How They Can Make Them Stop Doing It, Even If It Was/Is? The Law That They Werent Aloud To Do It. They'll Just Learn To Be More Sneaky About. Thats Human Nature && They Deprive Them Of Everything Else && On Top Of It They Want To Tell Them What They Can && Cant Do To Them Selfs? Thats Just [CcRrAaZzYy] To Me. They Always Say [The Forbidden Fruit Is Always The Tastiest] I.E. Tell Them No They Cant Do It && Its Going To Make Them Wanna Do It More. I Think That They Should Be Able To Do It When They Want If They Want But Also As Long As Not Just Out && Blantly Done. But Its So True There [MEN] Its Built In Theyre Going To Do It. Theres No Stopping It.

Luv2012
03-16-2008, 03:41 AM
does fantasise mean msterbating ? lol