View Full Version : Happy Holidays at the Freedom Cafe (Nov/Dec 07)

PattiD1157
11-04-2007, 01:35 PM
First off, I am sorry that this thread is so late getting started. I have been going through some rough stuff and not quite back to the way I should be. I hope that everyone is doing well and that your loved ones are doing well also.

Welcome to the 'Freedom Café'!!!

The 'Freedom Café' is named as such

because it is a place of freedom...

Freedom from judgement...

Freedom from labels...

Freedom from unsolicited advice...

Freedom from opinions...

Freedom From Cliques..

Freedom from headgames...

This is a place of laughter, of tears,

of openness and more importantly, it

is a place of support...so come on in,

grab a refreshment and a comfy

chair and just share your day with us!

Hopefully by the time you leave the

'Freedom Café' you will feel a little

lighter of heart and ready to face another day!

MurphyGirl
11-04-2007, 07:13 PM
Hello friend,I'm sorry to hear you have more trouble going on, I do too and so I know how hard it can be to post when life is sucking the wind out of you!
Stay strong, girl, this too shall pass

hugs,
Ann

PattiD1157
11-05-2007, 01:43 AM
Ann, it's been so long since I had talked to you I was hoping that things were going better for you. :( I am sorry that things are still rough over there. It sure seems that when it rains it pours. I am having a heck of a time pulling myself out of this slump. My oldest son and his wife are a part of this slump. I don't understand why he is doing what he is doing again. I guess just keep on going and take one day at a time.

MurphyGirl
11-07-2007, 09:34 AM
Patti, you just hang tough, hon... you and I are both going thru the same BS and as long as we ask God to protect us against the evil doers we will be fine!

hugs,
Ann

PattiD1157
11-08-2007, 12:04 AM
I am doing the best I can Ann. The person I talked to you about the other day sent me a message on myspace. Interesting the attitude...wasn't what I expected. I still haven't talked to them and as of right now have nothing at all to say. Life goes on and if they want to be like that.....oh well, I have better things to do than to dwell on them and their selfishness.....such as prepare for that grand daughter that is due in 58 days. I honestly expect her arrival to be in December rather than January.

PattiD1157
11-08-2007, 12:05 AM
KIDS IN CHURCH
3-year-old Reese:
"Our Father, Who does art in heaven,
Harold is His name.
Amen."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A little boy was overheard praying:
"Lord, if you can't make me a better boy, don't worry about it.
I'm having a real good time like I am."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
One particular four-year-old prayed,
" And forgive us our trash baskets
as we forgive those who put trash in our baskets."
A Sunday school teacher asked her children as they
were on the way to church service,
"And why is it necessary to be quiet in church?"
One bright little girl replied,
"Because people are sleeping."
A mother was preparing pancakes for her sons, Kevin 5, and Ryan 3.
The boys be g an to argue over who would get the first pancake.
Their mother saw the opportunity for a moral lesson.
"If Jesus were sitting here, He would say,
'Let my brother have the first pancake, I can wait.'
Kevin turned to his younger brother and said,
"Ryan, you be Jesus!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A father was at the beach with his children
when the four-year-old son ran up to him,
grabbed his hand, and led him to the shore
where a seagull lay dead in the sand.
"Daddy, what happened to him?" the son asked.
"He died and went to Heaven," the Dad replied.
The boy thought a moment and then said,
"Did God throw him back down?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A wife invited some people to dinner.
At the table, she turned to their six-year-old daughter and said,
"Would you like to say the blessing?"
"I wouldn't know what to say," the girl replied.
"Just say what you hear Mommy say," the wife answered.
The daughter bowed her head and said,
"Lord, why on earth did I invite all these people to dinner?"

PattiD1157
11-08-2007, 12:06 AM
ANGELS

I only know the names of two angels. Hark and

Harold.

--Gregory, 5

Everybody's got it all wrong. Angels don't wear

halos anymore. I forget why, but scientists are

working on it.

--Olive, 9

It's not easy to become an angel! First, you die.

Then you go to heaven, and then there's still the

flight training to go through. And then you got to

agree to wear those angel clothes.

--Matthew, 9

Angels work for God and watch over kids when God

has to go do something else.

--Mitchell, 7

My guardian angel helps me with math, but he's not

much good for science.

--Henry, 8

Angels don't eat, but they drink milk from Holy

Cows.

--Jack, 6

A n gels talk all the way while they're flying you

up to heaven. The main subject is where you went

wrong before you got dead.

--Daniel, 9

When an angel gets mad, he takes a deep breath and

counts to ten. And when he lets out his breath,

somewhere there's a tornado.

--Reagan, 10

Angels have a lot to do and they keep very busy.

If you lose a tooth, an angel comes in through your

window and leaves money under your

pillow. Then when it gets cold, angels go north

for the winter.

--Sara, 6

Angels live in cloud houses made by God and his

son, who's a very good carpenter.

--Jared, 8

All angels are girls because they gotta wear

dresses and boys didn't go for it.

--Antonio, 9

My angel is my grandma who died last year. She got

a big head start on helping me while she was still

d o wn here on earth.

--Katelynn, 9

Some of the angels are in charge of helping heal

sick animals and pets. And if they don't make the

animals get better, they help the child get over it.

--Vicki, 8

What I don't get about angels is why, when someone

is in love, they shoot arrows at them.

--Sarah, 7

MurphyGirl
11-08-2007, 10:53 AM
LOL!! Thanks for the laugh, Patti!!

Looks like we are the only ones left in our little cafe.

Ann

PattiD1157
11-09-2007, 03:16 PM
Wow where did everyone go? It's sad that they all left us. :( Here is something I certainly could relate to. :D
A WOMAN'S WEEK AT THE GYM
If you read this without laughing out loud, there is something wrong with you. This is dedicated to everyone who ever attempted to get into a regular workout routine.

Dear Diary,

For my birthday this year, my daughter (the dear) purchased a week of personal training at the local health club for me.

Although I am still in great shap e since being a high school football cheerleader 43 years ago, I decided it would be a good idea to go ahead and give it a try.

I called the club and made my reservations with a personal trainer named Belinda, who identified herself as a 26-year-old aerobics instructor and model for athletic clothing and swim wear.

My daughter seemed pleased with my enthusiasm to get started! The club encouraged me to keep a diary to chart my progress.

MONDAY:

Started my day at 6:00 a.m. Tough to get out of bed, but found it was well worth it when I arrived at the health club to find Belinda waiting for me. She is something of a Greek goddess - with blonde hair,dancing eyes and a dazzling white smile. Woo Hoo!! Belinda gave me a tour and showed me the machines. I enjoyed watching the skillful way in which she conducted her aerobics class after my workout today. Very inspiring! Belinda was encouraging as I did my sit-ups, although my gut was already aching from holding it in the whole time she was around. This is going to be a FANTASTIC week-!!

TUESDAY:

I drank a whole pot of coffee, but I finally made it out the door.

Belinda made me lie on my back and push a heavy iron bar into the air then she put weights on it! My legs were a little wobbly on the treadmill, but I made the full mile. Belinda's rewarding smile made it all worth while. I feel GREAT-!! It's a whole new life for me.

WEDNESDAY:

The only way I can brush my teeth is by laying the toothbrush on the counter and moving my mouth back and forth over it. I believe I have a hernia in both pectorals. Driving was OK as long as I didn't try to steer or stop. I parked on top of a GEO in the club parking lot.

Belinda was impatient with me, insisting that my screams bothered other club members. Her voice is a little too perky for early in the morning and when she scolds, she gets this nasally whine that is VERY annoying. My chest hurt when I got on the treadmill, so Belinda put me on the stair monster. Why the Hell would anyone invent a machine to simulate an activity rendered obsolete by elevators? Belinda told me it would help me get in shape and enjoy life. She said some other shit too.

THURSDAY :

Belinda was waiting for me with her vampire-like teeth exposed as her thin, cruel lips were pulled back in a full snarl. I couldn't help being a half an hour late, it took me that long to tie my shoes.

Belinda took me to work out with dumbbells. When she was not looking, I ran and hid in the restroom. She sent another skinny bi**h to find me

Then, as punishment, she put me on the rowing machine -- which I sank.

FRIDAY :

I hate that bi**h Belinda more than any human being has ever hated any other human being in the history of the world. Stupid, skinny, anemic, anorexic little cheerleader. If there was a part of my body I could move without unbearable pain, I would beat her with it.

Belinda wanted me to work on my triceps. I don't have any triceps! And if you don't want dents in the floor, don't hand me the damned barbells or anything that weighs more than a sandwich. The treadmill flung me off and I landed on a health and nutrition teacher.

Why couldn't it have been someone softer, like the drama coach or the choir director?

SATURDAY :

Belinda left a message on my answering machine in her grating, shrilly voice wondering why I did not show up today. Just hearing her made me want to smash the machine with my planner. However, I lacked the strength to even use the TV remote and ended up catching eleven straight hours of the Weather Channel.

SUNDAY :
I'm having the Church van pick me up for services today so I can go and thank GOD that this week is over. I will also pray that next year my daughter (the little shi*) will choose a gift for me that is fun -- like a root canal or a hysterectomy. I still say if God had wanted me to bend over, he would have sprinkled the floor with diamonds!!!

PattiD1157
11-16-2007, 11:20 AM
WOW, where did everyone go? I know I have been MIA more than I should have been. Still so much going on here and now it's down to crunch time for papers for school. Good Lord why do I wait until the last minute every semester? I found out yesterday that if I don't have a 3.0 GPA at the end of this semester I won't get to go to school full time and work full time at the college. It really makes me angry because my school schedule does not interfere with my work schedule. I set my classes up like that for a reason. The Provost is having a fit. This ol' lady just might have to have a fit right back at him. Time to take on the big dogs I think. Geology is the class that is kicking my butt this semester. I have problems with rocks. They are either pretty rocks or not so pretty. grrrrrr
Well time to go pick up the ol' paycheck and renew the drivers license since it expires tomorrow. Whitney is going to take 2 of her tests for her GED today. Seems like a huge day again. I will be running like crazy and then have to go to work.
Whitney was real sad that I have to work on my birthday tomorrow. She said it's not fair. To me it's just another day expecially since this is the BIG 5-0. Dang that scares me. 1/2 a century.....pretty depressing for me, the last birthday that hit me this hard was when I turned 28. Not sure why that one was so hard but it was, NOW this one. :( :(
Have a great day everyone!!!

MurphyGirl
11-16-2007, 11:53 AM
Happy Birthday to you! Happy birthday to you...!!! Happy Birthday...dear Patti!!! Happy birthday to youuuu!!!

PattiD1157
11-16-2007, 03:46 PM
awww thank you Ann!!!

I got my driver's license renewed today. I got in there and told them that I need to renew it before I expire tomorrow. The ladies looked at me and said (as they were laughing) "we don't want you to expire in here" LOL I told them that I would be mad if I did. I have such a knack for saying things that are so off the wall. Guess I can be good for a laugh once in awhile. :D
Well time to get ready for work. OH....I took Whitney to take some tests (she only took one). She called me when I was at K-Mart. I told her to go to the office and hang out with Barb (my boss) until I got there. Well when I got there they had the office decorated with lots of "over the hill" stuff. Barb said they were going to wait until tomorrow, but nobod would be there and they didn't want just me and chris getting the sugar high. I was thankful for that!! Chris keeps me laughing so much...Chris on tons of sugar....uhhhh.....no thank you. LOL
Well off to get ready for work. I miss everyone....where are you all?????

MurphyGirl
11-16-2007, 04:39 PM
Patti! Can you renew your DL online in Idaho?? You can here in WA state! What a timesaver that is!!!

You have such a cool boss! She's always doing cool stuff!
What kinds of tests was Whitney taking?? Did you mean at the college??

I am mostly ready for Thanksgiving!
I am truley blessed this year that i am not having any company over! It's going to be just me and the kids!!!
No mother in law standing around the kitchen not helping....no brother chomping at the bit to go home to party with his friends!! WOOOHOOO!!!
On another note...My daughter was laughing the other day when she heard one of my MIL's complaints about me was that I never cooked her a lousy hotdog on the grill she bought me for mothers day.....lil diva asked when was the last meal MIL had cooked for me.....ummmm that would be NEVER!!!!

hugs!!

ann

PattiD1157
11-17-2007, 12:42 PM
I will have Thanksgiving off with pay which is good. Not sure how many of the kids will be here. I know my son and one of my daughters will be here. Not sure about the other daughter, she is so lost in her own world not sure what's going on there. My son's "girlfriend" went back out on the road driving truck, now she is constantly calling him and accusing him of lying to her about different things. She really doesn't know him if she is going to do "stuff" like that. I am thinking her insecurities are going to do her in for a relationship with him if she doesn't knock it off. She has caused lots of problems with Erika and should they both be in the same room it's going to get UGLY!!!
Well off to the post office. Talk to you all later.....I think we are going to have to go on a hunt to find everyone again....they are lost, mia or busy I guess.

MurphyGirl
11-18-2007, 11:06 AM
LOL! Patti, i have a feeling if there is going to be a fight for the room Erica is going to win!!
Since that other girl is on the road most of the time then maybe just putting her things out of that room will show her a thing or two!! Heck, put her crap on the porch!!

I hear ya on the rounding up our members! They have forgotten about us!

Ann

myliss
11-20-2007, 07:26 AM
hi! i hope everyone is well. once again i have gone MIA.
well i havent been on much considering ive been sort of blah.
me and deont'e broke up and ive been depressed over that, but im keeping my head up and moving on. i hope everyone else is in good spirits!

-mylissa

MurphyGirl
11-20-2007, 10:21 AM
mylissa!!

I am so sorry to hear that you and your guy broke up.....are you alright??? Just know we are here for you if you want to talk...the FC may have shrunk a bit but we are still a strong group of ladies!

hugs,
Ann

PattiD1157
11-20-2007, 12:41 PM
Mylissa, I too am very sorry!! Whether or not you are together with him doesn't change the fact that you are a part of this family!! I think we need to rename this "In a slump" as it seems to be the going thing for the ladies around here. You just pop right back in here and we will do all we can to help you through this and even try to cheer you up. Geez all I have to do I think is tell you about some of the "OMG I wasn't thinking" moments that I have. Hang in there girl and we will all get through this. Please don't be a stranger, come on in and have coffee with us or tea or what ever it is you drink on these chilly days. We love you and are certainly here for you!!

Ann, how's it going on your side of the WA border? Think of you often. Whitney is down to less than 50 days until her due date. I think she is about 45 or so. Serenity is so active. She wants out and she certainly lets her mommy know that. lol

MurphyGirl
11-21-2007, 10:14 AM
Patti! Are you ready for Thanks Giving?? I've got to do some shopping today for the last minute stuff, but otherwise i am on top of things...
I think about you alot too and i miss our chats... I hope we can catch up soon.. Maybe tomorrow when you have a minute or two!!

hugs,
Ann

PattiD1157
11-21-2007, 12:07 PM
Ann, I think I am about ready. Today is the cook and clean day. I have to take Whitney to the chiropractor at 2 and that is right in the middle of the day. She left me a note this morning telling me that she thinks Serenity and her body are against her. She has had such terrible back pain in the mid to upper part of her back. Last night she packed a bag to take to the hospital for Serenity. You would think she was packing to take the baby on a trip. LOL I am seriously hoping that she makes amends with her dad before she has the baby. It really bothers me that she is so dead set on being mad at him. I am still not happy with what he has done, but he has tried talking to her and she won't have anything to do with him. I told him that in the past several years I have tried to fix problems between him and the kids but this is something I can't fix. She doesn't want him at the hospital when she has the baby. This is his first grand daughter and I know how bad he wants to be there. I guess I will have to be the one that makes the call and tells him when she goes. I know she will be upset but she does need her dad. She said that when she has the baby I am the only one she wants in the room with her. (and Jason but I don't think he will be out of jail) There is still a no contact order and she will be on probation until April. I doubt the judge or PO will give in to him being there if he's out. Who knows.
Well off to the kitchen.........WHOA....ratt just called. He wanted to know if I was going to call and check on Blain or if Erika was. I had no freaking idea what he was talking about. Just wait until I talk to my daughter!!! Ratt has had Blain all night and he said she might let him keep him again. There isn't a phone at her boyfriends house so I have no way of calling her but you can bet the feathers will fly when I talk to her. Ratt had to call and ask what Blain eats for breakfast.......Guess I had better head to the kitchen and take some frustrations and anger out on cooking. Should be able to get things done in record time!!!!

OHHHHHH.....I forgot to tell everyone I talked to Mariah the other day!!! She got married a couple of months ago and is so happy!!!!

PattiD1157
11-21-2007, 12:08 PM
Chickletone.....it's good to see you!! Happy Thanksgiving to you!!!! :)

StormChild
11-21-2007, 07:52 PM
Hey, it got quiet in here!!

Add me to the slump list, please. I've got some ugly things going on and it looks as though the next while will be stressful to say the least. Why is it that each time you prove you're up to the challenges life throws at you, she tosses a bigger pile of cr*p just to see what you'll do about it?

Okay, vent over. Hope everybody's having a great holiday.

[Just noticed that this is post 666. Figures]

PattiD1157
11-21-2007, 07:59 PM
StormChild, when I hit the 666 I hurried just as fast as I could to post another one. Hang around here, and we will all get through the slumps together. This too shall pass....(at least I keep telling myself that)

MurphyGirl
11-22-2007, 11:00 AM
Stormchild!! I am sorry to hear that you are in a slump...looks like we've all hit a low, but don't worry...there's a light at the end of the tunnel..I've crossed thru mine already and am feeling pretty good.

Folks can always knock you down...it's up to you how long you'll stay there! I choose not to be a victim in my life so i am going to get up walk away and leave all of the hurt feelings behind me...life is too short to waste on people who want to bring you down!

hugs!!
Ann

PattiD1157
11-22-2007, 11:36 AM
That is so true Ann. We just keep coming back don't we? Fighters to the end and nobody will keep us down. It happens everywhere. There are times when you really think you know someone, care for them with every ounce of your being only to get knocked down. You just pull yourself up by the boot straps and keep going.
Happy Thanksgiving to EVERYONE and ALL THE LOVED ONES!!!! I am also sending a Thanksgiving Greeting to each and every person here on PTO!!

StormChild
11-22-2007, 03:09 PM
Thanks to both of you -- it's much easier to be strong in strong company!

My mess is a situation where my kids should have been safe and weren't. I'm juggling handling the aftermath with making sure it won't *ever* happen again, and that doesn't leave any time or energy left for buckling under the strain. It's a mess, but every day is better than the one before it.

But I've also got so much going on to be Thankful for. Happy Thanksgiving to all, and I hope everyone's having a peaceful day.

PattiD1157
11-23-2007, 03:10 PM
StormChild, my motto is one step at a time and one day at a time. We can get so overwhelmed if we try to reach to far into the future. Just know that through it all, we are here for you and always have a shoulder to lend and ears to listen.
Love and Care
Patti

MurphyGirl
11-24-2007, 10:35 AM
So how was everyone's thanks giving?? mine was wonderful!! I had all 3 of my kids hanging out with me in the living room watching movies and talking about past Holidays!
The meal was the best i had cooked in years! Probably because i didn't have anyone distracting me in the kitchen while I was putting everything together!! LOL!! Can you tell i am happy MIL wasn't there!!!

PattiD1157
11-24-2007, 11:41 AM
LOL what a nice day huh? My son's girlfriend wasn't here so it was nice. I got home last night and she replied to Whitney's message on the white board. She said she hated T-day too because all she got was cold dry turkey and a burrito out of a vending machine. Well LA-DE-flipping-DA. LOL It was her choice to go back out on the road driving truck and not get off her lazy azz and get a job here. It has been so much more peaceful with her gone. She left a friend of hers a message last night on myspace telling her that she was avoiding my daughter. Well my oldest daughter is ready to kick some azz with that girl. There is going to be a blow up and it's going to be big!!!

MurphyGirl
11-25-2007, 10:49 AM
Patti!! Sounds like someone is ready to take her room back!! LOL!! Can't wait to hear about this one!!!

I've decided I am going to decorate the house for Christmas today! I've got nothing else to do so why not!!! I am going to wait to put up the tree tho....since I've gotten the sectional couch I don't have as much room as i used to and so i am going to have to put my leather chair and ottomon in the basement....that isn't anything i am looking forward to because there's spiders down there and i hate to think of them crawling all over my chair!!!

hope everyone is doing well!!!

hugs,
Ann

PattiD1157
11-25-2007, 01:21 PM
Ann, when you are done you can come and decorate here. LOL I wish I had the energy to get started on decorating. I have to re-arrange the furniture before I can decorate. I will need my sons help. It is something I have wanted to do but I can't get the television down off the top of the entertainment center.It weighs 150 lbs and I know I would drop it. It's not even a year old so I am not going to mess with that. Hopefully one day soon we can get all of that done. I am sure that Christmas will be here and gone by the time I get motivated and get my son motivated. It has to be done on a Saturday he doesn't work which are few and far between.
I guess I had better get motivated so we can go to Costco. My son has Zane today and they are having a birthday party at my ex's house for him. I have to work so I have to miss it once again.
Have a great day everyone. wooohoooo heat wave it's 30 degrees here!!!

StormChild
11-25-2007, 01:40 PM
I hope you had a great day decorating, Ann, and the spiders know their place! I love Christmas decorating -- the girls and I have a pile of traditions for the day (a tub of Ben & Jerry's Caramel Choo Choo with three spoons is a biggie:) ). We plan to take everything out to check it over on Wednesday and do the deed next Sunday.

Pattie, you're right about taking each day as it comes. Today's a good one -- I hope it is for everybody else too.

PattiD1157
11-25-2007, 04:05 PM
Well it has warmed up enough today for snow. They are predicting flurries. I think the only flurry that will be here is tonight if my neighbors choose to party outside my bedroom window again. I am done yelling at them as is everyone else around here that gets woke up. IF it happens again tonight the police will be called and chances are I will be over there in my robe screaming and yelling at how inconsiderate they are and they can take their partying someplace else. I do want to move out of this house but all in all I can't afford to do it right now. I guess the next step is complaining to the landlord again although she doesn't appear to want to do anything. As long as they get their money that's all that matters. I am SO done with the noise.
Anyway I am trying desperately to get into the holiday spirit but it just doesn't seem to be there at the moment. Time to finish getting ready for work. Have a great day everyone!!!!

Hugs to all
Patti

MurphyGirl
11-26-2007, 10:37 AM
Patti & StormChild! I wasn't motivated either, but i knew it had to be done! The place looks very festive even though I've chosen to use only half of my decorations!
I'll put the tree up next weekend when i have the boys around to help me move some things.
Icecream sounds like a good part of the decorating plan....that alone would motivate me to get everything done!!

hugs,
Ann

StormChild
11-26-2007, 03:36 PM
I'm really behind this year; I'm hoping the decorating will kick my backside into gear. Usually by December 1st I'm done bar the last minute bits and pieces.

MurphyGirl
11-26-2007, 07:57 PM
I know what you mean!! Usually I am done shopping by now, but this year has been a bit difficult in the financial department! Plus the spirit is lacking for some reason ...

hugs,
Ann

PattiD1157
11-28-2007, 12:21 PM
Not having the spirit is something that has been here with me for several years now. It seems that it should get better but for some reason it's not. Well I guess I had better get something done here. Another day with LOTS to do and not enough time to do it. Have a great day!!!!

StormChild
11-28-2007, 04:59 PM
Today we dragged the Christmas stuff out of the attic and sorted through it ready to get started on the tree on Sunday. The spirit is creeping in there slowly but surely.

And good news today! My boss has agreed to let me work half days (9-2.30) so I'll be home in time to pick the girls up from school. I haven't worked full-time from the time they were babies until this past month, and the strain was starting to tell on all of us.

This has been a pretty good week so far -- I hope you ladies are on the up too.

MurphyGirl
11-29-2007, 10:33 AM
Patti! Did you get everything done???

Stormchild!! We're going to put up the tree on Sunday too! It snowed here last night and we're supposed to get more thru out the week so I am really looking forward to having the tree up with snow on the ground.. We haven't had a white Christmas in many years....I am keeping my fingers crossed for one this year!!!

Lil diva has a dentist appt here in a half an hour so i better get busy!!!

hugs,
Ann

PattiD1157
11-30-2007, 02:23 PM
Ann, do I ever get everything done? LOL ummmmm nope.
It's snowing here today but it's not sticking. I woke up with one "heck" of a headache. I went to class--we had a "wonderful" field trip to the land fill. Oh how fun (not)....and cold!!! It's 32 degrees here and I have to work tonight. I will hopefully get to sleep in tomorrow. I guess we will see what happens tomorrow.
I hope that everyone is having a great day!! Time for my bah humbug spirit to surface more than it already has.

PattiD1157
12-02-2007, 01:47 AM
ok time for some humor :D it's too quiet in here.

Two rednecks are out hunting, and as they are walking along they come upon a huge hole in the ground. They approach it and are amazed by the size of it. The first hunter says " Wow, that's some hole, I can't even see the bottom. I wonder how deep it is?"

The second hunter says" I don't know, let's throw something down there and listen and see how long it takes to hit bottom."

The first hunter says " There's this old transmission over here, give me a hand and we'll throw it in and see". So they pick it up and carry it over, and count one, and two and three, and throw it in the hole.

They are standing there listeni! ng and looking over the edge and they hear a rustling in the brush behind them. As they turn around they see a goat come crashing through the brush, run up to the hole, and jump in headfirst.

While they are standing there looking at each oth er, looking in the hole, and trying to figure out what that was all about, an old farmer walks up.

"Say there", says the farmer, "you fellers didn't happen to see my goat around here anywhere, did you?"

The first hunter says " Funny you should ask, but we were just standing here a minute ago and a goat came running out of the bushes and jumped headfirst into this hole here!"

And the old farmer said " Why that's impossible, I had him chained to a transmission !"

MurphyGirl
12-03-2007, 10:27 AM
I've been pretty busy these past few days! I got all of my decorations up...the tree is up and most of my christmas shopping is done!!! WOOHOOO!
Plus, the kids and I rented movies and Mario Galaxy! For those who don't know me very well i am addicted to Marioworld games! They are so much fun!! We have the game until this friday so if you don't see me around very much that is the reason why!

How was everyone elses weekend?

hugs,
Ann

Kbsles
12-03-2007, 10:13 PM
Hi Ladies,

I haven't been here in quite awhile. I had a good Thanksgiving w/my family. My brother was here. I hadn't seen him in quite some time. We had everyone except for my son in the Navy and the other obvious missing member. Overall it was a great time. I love seeing all the kids together. They are all grown up now, no grandkids yet.

I am going thru a downtime with Kenny right now,my choice not his. I just need to back off and recoup a little before we start his next parole bid. So, with Christmas coming up and New Years right after, this seemed like the perfect time to give it some space, not have to breathe in prison, day in and day out.

I hope everyone else is doing better. From reading a little thru thelast few pages I can see where everyone has had some challenges this month. I hope we all come thru with clearer vision and more determination than before.

MurphyGirl
12-04-2007, 09:52 AM
Les! It's good to see you here in the FC! I am sure that after having your space you will come back stronger than ever. There's nothing wrong with taking time for yourself....as a matter of fact I think it's healthy for our relationships!
Yes, we've all had our challanges these past two months, but we're coming out of it. I am actually in a very good place right now...everything seems right with the world!

Happy Holidays!

Ann

OsHoney
12-04-2007, 06:53 PM
Happy Holidays!

I've been away for a few months now. I just wanted to come on and see how everyone is doing. Well I hope! I haven't read through the post but will later if I have the time.

I have finally moved into my new home. I moved in last month and at first it was hard for me to feel comfortable but as each day goes by I love it more and more. My home is awesome, there is nothing like having everything brand new. I told myself that when i moved from my last apt that I wasn't bringing any furniture with me and I didn't I felt that it was a new beginning a fresh start, so why not have all new furniture. I love the colors that I chose for the rooms. my favorite is the living room.

Other than that, just been very busy with work and decorating my place and it's just about 90% completed. I'll have to send yall some pics.

I'm going to cook now but will try to come back later on tonight.

Patti- how is Whitney, she must be ready to burst real soon.

Ann- hope you and lil diva are good.

Again, i need to catch up.

ttul.
Os

StormChild
12-04-2007, 06:58 PM
Les, I'm glad you're smart enough to recognise when your batteries need recharged -- you won't do either Kenny or yourself any favours if you run yourself down to empty. Enjoy the breather, and I'm sure too that you'll come back stronger and more determined than ever.

Patti, thanks for the laugh -- I needed it!

My tree is up and the house is decorated (girls stole all the ice cream as usual), and I'm finally getting to grips with the shopping. Not as far on as I usually would be, but seeing as my employers changed their minds about allowing me to have short time -- which means I'm now a lady of much leisure and little income -- I have plenty of time to get caught up.

The past month has been really tough, but I'm finally starting to see the other side. Regardless of what's going on, right now life is good. Hope everybody else is also starting to find their way out the other side.

Let the Holidays commence. :)

PattiD1157
12-04-2007, 10:22 PM
It's sure good to see everyone here!! Les....good to see you back here!! I sure think of you often!! Os....hey girl good to see you too!! I have missed you. Yes, Whitney is getting close. She is down to like 30 or 31 days until her due date. For some reason I don't think she will go that long. If not....I GET MY VACATION SOONER!!! Come on Serenity....LOL
I have been working on one of my papers that is due tomorrow. Nothing like waiting until the last minute. I still have to have a presentation done by class tomorrow night at 6 as well as another presentation that is due Thursday, and another paper 8-10 pages that is due Saturday by 6:00. Then I have 4 final tests that I have to study for. One of the finals is a take home and I will have 2 weeks to do that. My geology professor posted last years final. 99 questions.......OMG I HATE GEOLOGY!! I think I will do ok on my math I guess we will see. <sigh> the only thing I am looking forward to in the month of December is the semester break!! I want to sleep through Christmas. Once again the Christmas depression has hit.
Well back to my paper and power point!! Hugs to all! I have the television on and Ruldolph is on. I just might watch the rest of that and get back to this in awhile. My head hurts from trying to get this paper done. Miss Procrastinator is going to be my name in my next life.

MurphyGirl
12-05-2007, 11:33 AM
Os!! Everything is going well for lil diva and me. We did have a bit of drama with her cell phone tho. I just recently got her a messaging/vision package for her phone but it wasn't working...by the time the tech support was done with it we couldn't even call out on the darned thing anymore. So 5 techs and two sprint stores later I was told we needed a new phone! Cool.....I had insurance on the phone so no biggie...as it turns out lil diva is getting a much better phone because the one we had before is no longer sold (we just bought it a lil over a year ago) Anyway lil diva is extremely happy that she's getting a "cooler" phone and i am happy that I didn't have to pay for it!
Today i have to go out looking for a pair of shoes for hubby. WSP has finally agreed to allow families to send in shoes in the quarterly clothing package.

Patti! I have all the faith in the world that you are going to do just fine! You always manage to get good grades even with everything that's going on around you!!!

Hope everyone has a splendid day!!

Ann

PattiD1157
12-05-2007, 06:08 PM
Thank you Ann. I am just about done with the paper. I am not even going to worry about it right now as I just found out that a very good friend of mine was killed in a car accident this morning on her way to Boise to her cousin's wedding. It's going to be harder than hell in class tonight with her not being there. I just spoke to one of my professors. She is in shock too as she just wrote a bunch of paperwork for Tiffany to go to law school. She would have graduated in May. She was so looking forward to graduation and getting out of the valley. I am just sick and can't stop crying. Well off to finish my paper. Stay safe everyone and please no matter what, drive careful!!!

MurphyGirl
12-06-2007, 09:56 AM
Patti!

HUGS...I am so sorry that this has happened. Did she have kids??

Kbsles
12-06-2007, 10:45 AM
Patti, I am so sorry. How tragic to lose someone vital and especially at the holidays. Doesn't it bring home how fortunate we are to have people we love in our lives and may this remind us to never take them for granted.

PattiD1157
12-06-2007, 07:06 PM
Thank you Les and Ann. Today was a real rough day. Even one of my professor's started crying. I didn't go to my first class and my professor totally understood me not being able to do my presentation today. I guess I just postponed the dreaded but I have my presentations done so next week everything should be ok.
I guess we can never tell those that we love just how much they mean to us. I am doing my best to stay busy. I didn't work tonight and my boss was awesome about finding someone to work for me. I have plenty to do here at home and don't have to deal with other people.
Back to all the little projects that I have going. Pretty fitting that there is turmoil with projects here. I guess it keeps me busy.
Hugs to all.....and.........I LOVE ALL OF YOU!!!!

StormChild
12-06-2007, 07:36 PM
Oh Patti, I'm so sorry to hear this. My thoughts go out to you and her loved ones.

Don't rush into trying to get back to normal; you'll be in shock for a while, no matter how 'normal' you feel. Be good to yourself and take things as easy as you need to.

(((hugs)))

PattiD1157
12-06-2007, 11:39 PM
Thank you StormChild. There was a nice story on the news tonight. Needless to say there were tears again. KLEW (http://www.klewtv.com/news/12230866.html) The emotional part of knowing that Tiff is gone is what hurts the most. I don't understand it and I don't think I ever will. I know that she is in a better place and I also know that she would be giving me a hug telling me that she is ok and that I shouldn't keep crying. I have made one decision in the past 24 hours. As soon as I get my bachelors degree I will go on for my masters. We talked about it and she said "go for it" so I will do it for us. She didn't get to follow her dream and go on to law school so I will continue the Tiff legacy in a way. It will be on to graduate school for me when I get done here. I think it's time for me to head to bed. Emotionally exhausted more than anything I think. I think a nice hot shower and my warm bed is what the doctor ordered. G'nite all....tomorrow is another day.

MurphyGirl
12-11-2007, 09:20 AM
I went to pick up lil diva's replacement phone yesterday...i couldn't believe the piece of junk they tried to stick us with! It was UGLY and very cheap looking!!! I don't know how they thought they could get away with telling mew that her new phone would be a much better phone! It's aweful!!
So of course I didn't accept the phone...i told them that they would have to do much better than that!
We got the old phone working anyway when i called tech support a few days ago so no problems there...turns out the orignal problem was that they installed the wrong vision/picture mail pack. It was too advanced for it to work on her phone as she doesn't have video capabilities so she could make it work.
This summer she'll be done with her two year contract and we'll hook her up with the phone she really wants!
I finally got hubby's shoes. I ended up having to order them from zappo's. I hope the prison doesn't give me any grief over the recipt...it looks like a made up reciept from the computer! Wish me luck!!!

hugs,
ann

OsHoney
12-11-2007, 01:44 PM
Patti, i'm so sorry to read about the loss of your good friend. Hugs to you and I have a pretty good feeling what you're going through.

OsHoney
12-11-2007, 01:48 PM
I picked up my x-mas tree Sunday and we put it up. It looks so pretty. I'm really starting to love my place, it feels so homely now. I need to take pics to send to my husband.

So, has everyone started or finished there x-mas shopping?

MurphyGirl
12-12-2007, 10:36 AM
Os! I've got to buy two more gifts to finish up my shopping. I didn't think I was going to be able to pull it off as I had such a late start, but thanks to a newly aquired Best Buy credit card I was able to do most of my shopping in 20 minutes!! They have a pretty quick processing time too... 7 out of 8 purchases were shipped out the same day I ordered them!
They were all here with one week so you can't beat that!

Docswife!!?? Where the heck are you!!????

hugs,
ann

PattiD1157
12-12-2007, 06:49 PM
I think Christmas shopping is a thing of the past here. Today is Erika's 22nd birthday. I don't know why Christmas has to come at the time of year when my power bill skyrockets. My son's 20th birthday is Friday. We are having a baby shower for Whitney Saturday and still trying to scrounge for that. I haven't even dug out my christmas tree yet. Don't know where I will put it. Maybe if I get that done I will have a little bit more ambition. Not sure though. So much has happened here and getting out of this slump is almost not going to happen or so it feels.
On the lighter side. Whitney took all her tests for her GED and has passed them. I am so proud of how well she is doing and the turn around in her. We have been going to a group meeting on Tuesday nights. Part of her after care plan from rehab. She is so grown up compared to some of those kids there. We were talking last night after we left and I told her that I was really glad that our family isn't like some of theirs. It seems that some of those parents are so...well just not right. One boy went to a friends house and they were going to go fishing with the neighbor. Apparently the neighbor had been drinking and the boy didn't know it. Well they were in an accident so now the parents won't let him hang out with his friend. The friend wasn't the one drinking or the one that got in the accident. It doesn't seem right that he has to give up his friend for another's wrong doings. Oh well guess I should just pay attention to what's going on in my house and count my blessings.
Getting ready for class, just finished my presentation that I have to do. Working on my math too. Lordy I am very happy this semester is almost over.
Hugs to all!!!
DOCS!?!?!?!?! Ann is right...where are you?????? How's that grandbaby?

armyswife
12-15-2007, 10:22 AM
I know I am way off topic. But I came to this forum because I do love a violent offender. The immediate problem is that he just got sent to the hole. The CO's had it out for him, they beat him up real bad. I will be able to see him on Christmas Eve through the glass for an hour. That is a far cry from seeing him every weekend on a contact visit for 2 or more huors. so ladies please help me keep my sanity. I have just now stopped crying. We have no idea how long he will be in there. The supervisor in the hole likes him and let him out to call me yesterday. I probably wont be able to talk to him again for a while. I'm hoping for no longer than 60 days. How did anyone in my same situation make it through. Any suggestions are welcome. Im not asking for specifics of the hole, because i have already taken care of that. We are waiting for his courtcall. Thanks

MurphyGirl
12-15-2007, 10:42 AM
Hello armyswife!

You are never off topic in this thread! We are open to any conversation in here!
I've gone thru a lot of hole time with my husband. In the beginning I thought my world was falling apart because he'd get thrown in the hole and we'd have no contact visits. I'd not leave the house for fear of missing his calls, my every waking thought was about him and how he was doing...I was a hot mess!
eventually I got used to him going to the hole and I kept my cool. I knew he was still going to be there when his hole time was over and that things would get back to normal. I told myself that this was all a part of prison life and I knew that coming in so, I can't trip over it everytime.
So I guess my advice to you is to just roll with it...know that it's all a part of prison life, find something to do to distract yourt mind and don't let it ruin your holidays!!

hugs,
Ann

PattiD1157
12-20-2007, 01:29 PM
I am OFFICIALLY DONE WITH CLASSES for the semester. I had one paper to turn in today. I was out of ink and had to go to work for a meeting so I printed it and turned it in before the meeting. While at the meeting a transformer blew and all of campus is without power now. THANK GOD I got that paper turned in when I did.
My boss keeps telling me to put the tree up. Just don't have it in me these days. Have to rearrange my whole living room to do it and I don't have the time or energy so it won't be done. Maybe next year things will be different. Bah-humbug!!

MurphyGirl
12-20-2007, 04:05 PM
LOL!! That's so weird!! We were without power last night and then again today around 12:30...both times it lasted for over an hour!
Congrats on being done with your classes and getting your paper printed out on time!!!

Ann

PattiD1157
12-21-2007, 10:35 AM
By noon tomorrow grades will be posted. Geology doesn't look good with what he posted on the class web page. He is supposed to be adding posts and said that the grade that is on the web page is lower than what we actually have. Which is a good thing. I don't think I did to bad in the other classes. All I am asking is that I get a C in geology.

I told Whitney that she can have the baby anytime now. She was real crampy yesterday. She was worried last night about her cramping getting real bad and not being able to come up the stairs from her room so I told her to take a phone downstairs with her and to call my work cell phone if she needed anything. Hopefully we will hear about the ultra sound they did Wednesday on her gall bladder, liver and kidneys. Her doctor is sure keeping a close watch on her since Erika had HELLP Syndrome. I appreciate that because I don't want to go through all that again. That was scarey to say the least.
Well off to get dressed and get some house work done. Have a great day everyone!!

armyswife
12-21-2007, 05:23 PM
Happy Holidays to all of you.
Penwife- thanks for the advice.

Be Blessed!!!

MurphyGirl
12-22-2007, 11:43 AM
Patti! Be sure to post what grade you got! I can't wait to see how you did, but i am pretty confident that you got at least a C!
I hope whitney's tests come out alright. What happened to erika was very scary!
armyswife! You are very welcome! How are you feeling? Have you heard from your guy??

hugs,
ann

PattiD1157
12-22-2007, 11:50 AM
Ann, I am appealing the grade because he gave me the D+. It really makes me angry as I have never gotten a grade that low. That class was very difficult but there is something off with his grading system. I did pass all my classes, grades were posted last night. I am ONE credit shy of being a senior. So that means one more semester before I can say I am a college senior. LOL
OH...Ann....guess who tried calling me!?!? He tried last night and my phone kept disconnecting so FIRST THING THIS MORNING my phone rings. I answer it and he says "I haven't heard from you in a long time" well DUH...I know he hasn't. Could be because I haven't written nor do I plan on it. He is in OK now. Lordy lordy lordy.....
Whitney's tests came back normal. She kept calling me last night she was having "cramping" about 10 minutes apart. She is still sleeping now. I am so ready for vacation I wish she would go into labor. Baby's daddy is out of jail now. Plea bargain to misdemeanor intimidating a witness. He got a $175 fine and a year probation. Go figure.

MurphyGirl
12-22-2007, 05:28 PM
A D+!? Dang! I hope you can appeal it! If you can't will it affect your financial aid?
I'm glad that Whitneys tests came back alright! That's a huge relief! Is whitney wanting to see her babies daddy? Is he going to be a problem??

PattiD1157
12-23-2007, 02:17 AM
I am very disappointed in the D+. Ann, you know me and I have never gotten a grade that low since I started back to school in '04. I have sent the professor an email and still waiting to see what he says. I am certainly going to appeal that grade. No, my GPA is still high enough so that it won't affect my financial aid which is good. I have come too far to lose my financial aid. I would be devastated to say the least!!!
I had a LONG MEAN talk with Serenity's daddy. I told him that I would be more than willing to help him stay clean and that I would be here anytime day or night. I told him that the white pride BS is NOT allowed in my home, it never has been and NEVER WILL BE. I flat layed everything on the line and told him I would be the first one to turn his AZZ in if I even so much as "thought" he might be using. I told him I am going to protect my daughter and grand daughter. I was so mean and you know what? He thanked me for wanting to help him. He wants to change his life he said so we will see. I will be 110% Biotch if he pushes me. He has told Whitney several times he is scared of me. She laughs but he is serious. I want to keep it that way. He told me that he is scared of me too. I told him there is no reason to be scared if he is on the up and up but....I also told him I would be his WORST nightmare if he didn't toe the line. I figured he would run for the hills but so far he hasn't. I sent him a message on his myspace and told him if he is serious about changing his life he needed to clean up his page. He did it. :D :D I think I just might scare the bad out of him. LOL Well this wicked old hag is off to bed. Sweet dreams everyone!!!!

Em77
12-24-2007, 07:21 AM
Hi all - hope you all have a happy and safe Chrissy. Hugs and Smiles to you all.

MurphyGirl
12-24-2007, 10:49 AM
Thank you Em77!!! Merry Christmas to you too!!!

Patti! You'll work it out! You always come thru!!

I'd like to say Merry Christmas to all of our VO members past and present!!!!! May you all find many blessings in the new year!!!

hugs,
Ann

Eternal Hope
12-24-2007, 10:53 AM
Just popping in to wish all of you Happy Holidays and a wonderful New Year.. let us all have 2008 prove to be a better year for each and every one of us!
Hugs to all!

PattiD1157
12-24-2007, 11:49 AM
Wow, the holidays are here again. I would like to wish you all very happy holidays as well as a bright new year. We have all made it through another year together. I value everything I have learned from each one of you.
Holly!!!! It's so good to see you here!! I have missed you! Please come back often. It's almost time for another baby to arrive. I remember all the phone calls that we had when Erika was in labor. Now I await the arrival of another grandbaby. Happy Holidays to you!!
Em....welcome back!! I hope that you have a fantastic new year!!!

I have to go to Wal-mart....OMG I do NOT like that store!!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!!

PattiD1157
12-24-2007, 11:50 AM
Ann, thank you for the vote of confidence. Some days I just don't know which way to turn and this is one of those days....Love you g/f and thank you for always being there for me. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family!!!

PattiD1157
12-26-2007, 07:18 PM
Well no baby yet. I took my daughter back to the doctor for her weekly visit today. The doctor told her to make another appointment for next week unless she goes into labor before then. If she doesn't have the baby before then, they will set up a date to have her induced. I just don't understand why they are so eager to induce these days. So we are still doing the "anytime now". Still hoping that the baby is born either in '07 or the first baby of the new year. LOL

MurphyGirl
12-27-2007, 11:24 AM
Eternal hope!! Hey girl!! how have you been!? It's been forever since you popped your head into the FC! I do hope that 2008 will be a much better year than 2007!

Patti! Maybe Erika will have a new years baby!

hugs,
ann

PattiD1157
12-27-2007, 03:48 PM
They called today and changed Whitney's appointment from Wednesday to Thursday. I wish she would have asked why. Maybe by next weekend the baby will be here. The first baby of the new year would be nice. Time will tell. She sure is getting cranky. I don't want to go to work but I guess that's better than being around a cranky pregnant girl. LOL

MurphyGirl
12-28-2007, 11:36 AM
lol! Yes it's better especially since there's no students on campus!

Does anyone have any plans for new years eve? I'm staying home as usual!

armyswife
12-29-2007, 02:09 PM
Hey penwife, sorry it took me so long to stop back by. But to answer your question, I have talked to him, he only has another 30 days in the hole, plus or minus a few. I saw him on Christmas eve. Im still having a hard time with the hole thing. But I'm hanging on.
I hope you all are having a good holiday season.

MurphyGirl
12-29-2007, 07:21 PM
I understand you will need some time to adjust to him being in the hole.. you will get there tho!

My holiday season is going well. No drama within miles of me so that's always a blessing!

hugs,
Ann

PattiD1157
12-30-2007, 01:07 PM
Ann, I am sure that the "main stress" that was in your life has made things much easier for you. Glad that things have settled down lots for you!!!

PattiD1157
12-31-2007, 02:18 PM
Well I took my daughter to the hospital last night to have her checked. She was having contractions and lower back ppain. For her to ask to go, I knew something was going on. I left my cell phone in the office last night and one of the other guys just happen to go in there when she tried calling. He called me on the radio and told me she called my cell and to call her ASAP. She was scared that she couldn't get a hold of me. I told her she should have called the other cell. They told her that if she keeps going like she was last night she would be back today. She got up a little bit ago and went back to bed. I asked her how she was doing and she said fine. She said she wasn't having contractions. I should get her out of bed and take her to my least favorite store----Wal-Mart and make her walk and walk and walk. I will keep you all posted as to how things are progressing. I sure hope that she has the baby soon, she is SOOOOOO flipping miserable. This is one of those times that I so want to make her feel better but there is nothing I can do other than jump right in the middle of her and hope it works. LOL

PattiD1157
01-01-2008, 04:00 PM
Now that 2007 is in the past and we are wishing for a very prosperous new year for everyone we will say good bye to the old and bring in the new.
A New Year at the Freedom Cafe (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3267611#post3267611) Here is a link to the brand new edition of 2008's Freedom Cafe.

Love and best wishes to all!!!

Patti