View Full Version : Former inmate at USDB

joeo
10-25-2007, 11:26 AM
I am a former inmate at The USDB from 81-84. If I can be of any help to anyone at all, please feel free to drop a note.

vinnies_tabby
01-30-2008, 08:34 PM
Does having to spend time in the SHU have a lot of effect on making parole? My husband is at the USDB. He got sent to the SHU and is elegiable for parole in 2009. Do they usually give parole the first time around.

DeNada
01-30-2008, 11:29 PM
HI Tabby,
Welcome to PTO and the military forum. Being in SHU for any length of time is looked at negatively by a parole board. But it's not "being" in SHU that is the problem, it is the reason they are there. Because of the point system, with having more points being a "bad thing," if your husband's points require a certain custody level, then he could be in SHU. So it is the basis for the points (class of crime, level of violence, criminal history, mental health evaluations, disciplinary infractions, etc.) that the parole board actually looks at. It could be that if your husband has just recently arrived at DB, he is going through a required "step-down" that is, again, determined by the points. Somewhere on the forum there is a thread that talks about the points system. As to parole on the first go-round, it's not impossible, but generally unlikely. I'm sure there are some who do receive it the first time, but for a DB inmate, given that theirs are the more serious crimes and longer sentences, it would be safe to say that it is unusual. I don't mean to dampen your hopes, sorry. Tell your husband to do "good time" from the beginning. Don't get in trouble, do your job and play the game. 2009 isn't that far away. Hope this helps some.

~Lisa.

bvo77131
02-19-2008, 01:25 PM
Parole on first go around? Don't count on it.

Maybe in this list.

Air Force- Maybe the 2nd or third.
Army & Navy-3rd or forth
Marine- Not gonna Happen (rare)

Mikels_mom
02-20-2008, 04:51 AM
good things do happen sometimes, my son was granted parole the first time, he served 2 years and 4 months on a 5 year sentence, he was in the ARMY. Keep your head held high and your hopes intack things do work out sometimes.

JobAl
10-08-2014, 04:33 PM
I am a former inmate at The USDB from 81-84. If I can be of any help to anyone at all, please feel free to drop a note.
Hello,did you know a former Lt jg names Knull? All Im trying to find out is where He served his term. He was convicted in 1976 in General court-Martial. I know He was pardoned in 1999,but I dont know His original sentence,nor where it was served. Thank you

sass4221
10-08-2014, 05:15 PM
Hello,did you know a former Lt jg names Knull? All Im trying to find out is where He served his term. He was convicted in 1976 in General court-Martial. I know He was pardoned in 1999,but I dont know His original sentence,nor where it was served. Thank you

I don't think you'll get a response. The OP was last here in 2010.

JobAl
10-08-2014, 05:24 PM
Thanks for your message. I am trying to do some research.