View Full Version : Where is everyone jailed?

Amy98ta
10-25-2007, 09:30 AM
This forum doesn't see very much activity does it? I thought it would be interesting to see if any of us know someone at the same jail. You don't have to give names of the person in jail but just the jail name. Mine is currently in the Sebastian county jail.

gonetothedogs
10-25-2007, 02:12 PM
Hi Amy, My daughters (2) were both at Sabastian Co. until they were transferred to prison. One went to Wrightsville ane her sister is at McPherson. It is been really hard to be able to visit both of them. I am going to get to go this weekend though. SusanD. you may know them if you're from around here, they were from VB

Amy98ta
10-25-2007, 03:02 PM
Hi Amy, My daughters (2) were both at Sabastian Co. until they were transferred to prison. One went to Wrightsville ane her sister is at McPherson. It is been really hard to be able to visit both of them. I am going to get to go this weekend though. SusanD. you may know them if you're from around here, they were from VB

You never know! It is a small town. I went to school at VB. That is one reason why I started this thread. It will be interesting to see what happens.

I can't believe the inmates are only allowed 2 visits a week. How am i supposed to share two visits a week with his mom and sister? If I had my choice I would be there every day.

ittybittykitty
10-27-2007, 12:18 PM
It gets worse ....wait until they go to ADC and it is once a week for most of them some others only get every 2 weeks,depending on their class.....Sorry to be th e bearer of bad news tho.......But we get 4 hours to visit.Kitty

ittybittykitty
10-27-2007, 09:21 PM
I know you are asking about County Jails but if you go to Arkansas Prison Profiles there is a HUGE posting of where alot of everyone's loves ones are in the ADC.Kitty

missNmattyB
11-14-2007, 09:11 AM
my boyfriend is in texarkana at the RPF down there. Does anyone else have family there? I live in Rogers and it is like a 5 hour drive there. I am always looking to carpool.

littlebit3030
11-28-2007, 12:37 AM
My son is in Pope Co. waiting to go to diagnostics in Pine Bluff. I pray he doesn't go to far, but I'll drive where ever.

pearl_rose1986
11-30-2007, 09:04 PM
My hubby is in Sebastian County waiting to go to diagnostics in Pine Bluff too. He's been there for almost three months now and he's soooo soooo ready to leave and get things started.

littlebit3030
12-01-2007, 12:48 AM
I just talked to a friend today who has been at Malvern for a parole violation. He said Varner is bad. All under 25 yrs old and there is always fighting. He said the only good ones are Wrightsville, Diagnostics, or Calico Rock. Don't know if this helps.He mentioned Brickey's and Cummins, are for Max unit inmates?? Not sure about that.

kTmYbAbY
12-03-2007, 04:03 PM
He said Varner is bad. All under 25 yrs old and there is always fighting.

My fiance is at Varner....he never talks about the fighting or anything like that. Maybe, he is trying to protect me...i don't know. Did he say in what barracks or is it just in general...that makes me so sad. I figured he would never really say, all he says is that it's hell. I'm hoping he will be work release. Does anyone know if once they apply and are done with other programs at their unit, how fast they get taken to work release or if it even happens? it doesn't look like they house very many for work release but I hope he is one of the ones they let go there.

nickslove2
12-03-2007, 09:29 PM
My husband is in Varner and he said it is very bad. They call it gladiator school due to all of the young ones and the fighting. He is in pc right now due to some guys pulling a knife on him in the middle of the night. He is a fighter, but not when it could take his life.

kTmYbAbY
12-03-2007, 10:30 PM
oh my goodness...i am so sorry. mine is in a program right now at varner and from what it sounds like there isn't much trouble and he hasn't expressed that he has gotten in trouble for fighting or been hurt. Maybe the barrack or program he is in they just don't really do all that bc they lose the program and what not. Do you go visit often? I haven't been in about 7 weeks but will be going not this sunday but probably the next two sundays. How much are your calls, if u do receive them? ours are 5.28. i will try to ask him a little more when i see him. Is yours trying to get work release or do you know anything about the process of it and how soon they get to go?

Amy98ta
12-05-2007, 03:26 PM
I've heard brickeys is bad. My honey doesn't want to go there. He wants calico rock. i have a friend that is in varner but I haven't talked to him so I'm not sure what it's like there. He would fall in the under 25 range too.

kTmYbAbY
12-05-2007, 07:32 PM
My fiance is 22...but just now saying anything about the fights and doesn't say anything to anyone else about them either. He wants to go to calico rock too but work release would be better. Anyone have someone in workrelease or know anything about it?

jessicad05
12-13-2007, 01:07 AM
my husband has been there for a year....i think you have to be within 36 months of your pe/te date to qualify and of course good behavior.:thumbsup:

StAnD_By_Ur_MaN
12-22-2007, 08:45 PM
My man is currently in Diagnostics in Pine Bluff.

He has a parole hearing already set for sometime in Feb. '08... does anyone know how soon they get out after a parole hearing takes place? :confused: Just wondering.

mz.tjenkins
01-01-2008, 03:17 PM
mine is in washingtion county jail waiting to go

Hoe Squad Rider
01-17-2008, 09:28 PM
after going up before the parole board he will here within 30 days if he was granted or denied parole during that time he needs to get a parole plan approved through his unit parole officer

StAnD_By_Ur_MaN
01-23-2008, 09:50 PM
Thanks for the info., Hoe Squad Rider. I appreciate it.

Do you know if classes that the inmates are told to take are ~required~ before release (if they get approved for parole & have completed hoe squad & had parole plan approved, met all other requirements, etc.)?

Would inmates have to stay until all the classes are completed? Even after having everything else in place to go home? It is my understanding that there are a lot of waiting lists for classes and that is why I am wondering if it affects when the inmates are able to go home or if it could potentially "extend" their stay...

Amy98ta
01-25-2008, 09:21 AM
Thanks for the info., Hoe Squad Rider. I appreciate it.

Do you know if classes that the inmates are told to take are ~required~ before release (if they get approved for parole & have completed hoe squad & had parole plan approved, met all other requirements, etc.)?

Would inmates have to stay until all the classes are completed? Even after having everything else in place to go home? It is my understanding that there are a lot of waiting lists for classes and that is why I am wondering if it affects when the inmates are able to go home or if it could potentially "extend" their stay...

From what I understand all classes have to be completed.

FinallyFree
01-25-2008, 03:05 PM
Depends on what class it is. If it is RSVP then he will not go home until it is done.

sandtrob
01-25-2008, 04:14 PM
So, does anyone know about the RSVP program? What their rules are? Visitation is dofferent too I understand. Are they in class every night?

StAnD_By_Ur_MaN
01-27-2008, 01:56 PM
Depends on what class it is. If it is RSVP then he will not go home until it is done.

What is RSVP in the prison system? I don't understand. I know there are different classifications but what is RSVP? Please advise... I am confused.:confused:

KennysGal
01-27-2008, 06:07 PM
My man is in Washington County Jail as a 309, waiting to come home.

UBO
01-27-2008, 07:18 PM
Reduction of Sexual Victimization Program (RSVP). For sexual offenders or those who were thought to be sexual offenders. If they decide you fit into this category usually you have to take the RSVP before release.