View Full Version : Lewis Prison Lockdown ??

alwyslearning
10-23-2007, 12:15 PM
If anyone has any information on a possible lockdown that took place yesterday early evening at Lewis please share the information. We all just want to make sure our loved ones are ok :D .

WaitingFor2012
10-25-2007, 10:01 PM
All you need to do is call the prison and ask they will tell you.

alwyslearning
10-26-2007, 08:09 AM
Anna no disrespect intended, but for the many years I have dealt with ADOC & CDC and the many different facilities. I know that not to be a true statement they will tell you only as much as they want you to know at any given time, and it is not always the truth. I have called facilities and then made trips to visit only to be told I was misinformed that they were on lockdown. I have made appointments for behind glass visits and drove and been denied once I got there. People get moved in the middle of the night and you will not know for days or maybe even a week or longer.

Sometimes the way many of us have found out what might really be going on is networking through the people we have meet and know. Which is why I came to this site to see if anyone had any info, but the lockdown was short lived and all is well. Thank you for responding but I never depend on DOC to give me the real info in any situation, years of dealing with them has taught me that.

BJ2010
10-26-2007, 01:33 PM
SVEN, I'm happy to hear you found out quickly on the lockdown situation.

Those are never good for anyone.

alwyslearning
10-29-2007, 07:46 AM
Thanks BJ2010, it is always good to have some clue as to what is happening with our loved ones. Hope all things are good with you down Florence way.